Jay's Game : Ratsrific

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game sessions will be every Wednesday night at 7PM Eastern. We’ll be using Ventrilo along with a Game Table.

Rules of the Game :

* All characters will start with 100 gold coins before they buy their initial gear.
* Character sheets need to be sent to me by PM before this Friday.
* April 7th will be the first game session.
* All alignments are allowed but remember there will be consequences to your actions!
* The campaign will initially start in a town called Dougan’s Hole in Icewind Dale.

Campaign Synopsis & Area Details

Icewind Dale is located in the north-western part of Faerûn. The dale is a small area between the Reghed Glacier (a gigantic polar ice mass) and the Sea of Moving Ice (a large sea of floating icebergs) due north of the Spine of the World (the world’s tallest mountain range).

This area is probably the most hostile area of the realms with the dreadful northern winds, wild and unpredictable weather and lots of really nasty creatures such as white dragons, frost giants and crag cats. Not to even mention the barbarian tribes who don’t even like the settled folk of this area and have been known to raid the most northern settlements. This region is frequently affected by severe blizzard-like weather, usually lashed by howling storms that can flatten buildings. To many, there is no sane reason for civilized folk to come here.

Visitors will find life harsh here, with the total of 10,000 or so folk of Icewind Dale suspicious of all outsiders. Most can still remember the bloody battle against the barbarians and against the tyrant of Icewind Dale, Akar Kessell. Locals automatically think of visitors as trouble as many are fugitives of justice from the warmer lands. During winter, troublemakers are usually slugged on the head, tossed outside and drenched with the contents of the nearest chamber pot. They’ll be dead of the cold before they regain their senses. Indeed, greed has brought the roughest rogues to this frozen land and with the temperate climate, nasty creatures and shifty attitude; it is simply not a safe place for the idle traveler.

The most central feature of the area is a 1000 foot high mountain called Kelvin's Cairn, northeast of which most settlements can be found. According to barbarian legends, the mountain is named for the frost giant hero Kelvin Duarol, who was slain here by the god Tempus. Tempus pulled rocks from the plain in a long ditch and piled them atop his fallen foe to mark his victory and to warn others of the fate of those who court the war god’s wrath.

The area has three lakes, which is truly the only reason why anyone would ever want to even try to build any towns here. The lakes are Maer Dualdon to the west, Lac Dinneshere to the east and Redwaters to the south. They are somewhat frozen for most of the year except for a few weeks in the summer but even at that, the lakes are known to be deceptively dangerous and have claimed many a life. Even in summer, the lake waters are icy enough to kill anyone in the space of a few breaths. These lakes provide knucklehead trout, a rare kind of fish that is not found anywhere else that provides fine ivory-like bone and is the area’s main source of export and good material for carvers. Scrimshanders, the skilled carvers of knucklehead scrimshaw, are important and respected craftsmen here but everyone else is tolerated only as long they give no trouble and do honest business.

There are ten towns around the area that are clustered around these lakes. The biggest is Bryn Shander, a famous trade town, which unlike other towns, is not on the shore of any of the lakes. Along with the town of Targos, they are the only ones to have walls. On the shore of Maer Dualdon lie Bremen, Targos, Termalaine (the most beautiful of all settlements) and Lonelywood (behind a forest sharing the same name). By Lac Dinneshere lays Caer-Konig, Caer-Dineval and one of the newest, Easthaven. By Redwaters lie Good Mead and Dougan's Hole. These two cities don't cooperate much, only get together to discuss of pressing matters, and are usually only cooperating under great threat. As always, there are treaties regarding “who gets to fish where” but the fishermen can never quite agree.

Most important of the Ten Towns is the central, walled, trading town of Bryn Shander. It is here that most travelers will end up, unless they really want to join the fishing trade. From Bryn Shander, a gravel trail known as the Eastway leads east to Lac Dinneshere, and to the community of Easthaven at its end. Another caravan route head’s south towards the Spine of the World and the dwarven town of Hundelstone.

The speaker (the title of the nominal leader of the town) for Bryn Shander dwells in the largest building of the Ten Towns. Despite its pillared porch, it’s no larger than a small inn of the rest of the North. Every town has a speaker, usually coming from a family that commands great respect amongst their peers. Most towns have some militia and fortifications with varying strengths and numbers.

For adventurers, there are always opportunities to find ice, more ice and then some H2O in solid form. Rumors persist of white dragon lairs in the glaciers nearby that are crowded with treasure. Some, the whispers go, even feature abandoned heaps of frozen gems as tall as a house. The treasure descriptions grow even wilder when people speak of the dwarven delves under Kelvin’s Cairn and the Spine of the World. It is true that some adventurers come back from Icewind Dale rich beyond their wildest dreams but most of them have never come back.

Players and Characters

1. Dave – Edrondol Longbeard, Dwarven Fighter (Defender)
2. HCG – Richard Orton, Human Psion (Controller)
3. Dan - Zutoh, Githzerai Monk (Striker)
4. Drend - Melchor the Magnificent, Human Warlock (Striker)
5. OrangeFrogz - Jack, the Human Bard (Leader)
6. Insight - Dathnor Illesarn, Half-Elf Paladin of Amaunator (Leader)

Edrondol Longbeard:

Born under a bad sign, Edrondol has been thought of as unlucky his whole life. Born to the Iron Rock clan Shaman and his wife, Edrondol was groomed from a young age to follow the paths of lore and portend that were walked by his father and his father's father, the line of Shamanistic Longbeards stretching back generations to the beginnings of the Iron Rock clan. But try as he might, Edrondol's thoughts were ever elsewhere. Thoughts of heroic deeds and mighty battles filled his dreams. One day, after getting caught sparring with fake swords, Balnor Longbeard forbade his son to touch another weapon and to rely on the forces of nature at his disposal. Edrondol was miserable, praying every day for Clanggedin Silverbeard (the Dwarven God of war) to deliver him from his life.

Edrondol found out the hard way that Gods do not work in the ways of Dwarves. Whether in answer to his prayers or just because of the God's capricious nature, the village was overrun by creatures foul and evil. Edrondol tried to use the training from his father but as always he was unable to corral the magical energies. As he watched his friends and family cut down by the creatures he finally gave up and grabbed an axe from the body of one of the villagers.

As he waded through the monsters, he felt an exultation such as he never felt during his tedious workings with magic lore and theory. When the monsters were finally vanquished, Edrondol found his happiness ripped away from him. To say his father was displeased would be understating the depths of his anger. Edrondol was stripped of his apprenticeship and cast out of the clan. He was given a weapon and armor, but nothing else.

He wanders now, looking for adventure, trying to find his place in the world.

Melchor the Magnificent:

Melchor was desperate. He couldn't find a teacher. He wanted supreme arcane power. The only problem was that nobody would accept him as an apprentice. He heard about these things called 'infernal pacts' that would grant him equal power to that of a wizard, and he found a Tiefling Warlock, willing to teach him how... For a price. He had to make his pact with the Tiefling's patron. Usually, especially for someone seeking supreme power, that is no big deal. It didn't go right. Something flipped during the pact binding, and it drove the originally Lawful Evil Melchor insane, pushing him to the Chaotic Good side of the Alignment scale, as well as killing the Tiefling in the process. Melchor's best guess is that some bit of wild magic decided to hit them then. Oh well. He got his power. Now the Luskanite is fleeing from the devil's mortal minions, and trying to maintain some semblance of sanity in the process. His most recent hiding place is Dougan's Hole.

Richard Orton :

Born to a normal family on the isles of Moonshae, with normal parents living among humans and elves as normal as everyone could hope to have. Little Richard Orton soon learned that he was not normal at all. At about the age when he was old enough to help his parents with chores around the house, Richard started hearing voices. He quickly learned the lessons of being different and after a few weeks stopped sharing what these voices said with others. Pretending that the voices did not exist kept his parents happy but did nothing to stop them. Then one day after years of noise in his mind, the voices and were replaced with a single voice.

This voice was different, this voice was strong and full of wisdom. It was helpful and taught Richard how to solidify his mind and defend against the minds of others. It explain how Richards mind was different and how it was attuned to the great vast abyss of psychic energy that was flooding into the universe. It taught him how to shape this energy to his will and to hide these abilities so that he could protect himself from the attacks of others who fear those that were different.

The voice trained him in many other ways, it taught him languages and history and the religions of the world. His skills grew through the years and his parents accepted him as normal and the voices of his youth were just the vivid imaginations of youth. Richard learned their trades and habits in addition to the lessons of his mental teacher.

Eventually his parents passed away and Richard left Moonshae for the mainlands to explore and find his own fortune. He was able to find a trade and job that suited him well, and he now oversees the shipments of rare ores around the continent from the city of Riatavin in the south. It is honest work and allows Richard to travel to new places and meet new and interesting people.

Zutoh :

Zutoh was born in a small, secluded monastery high in the Spine of the World. As one might expect, it was a sheltered life, with little to do aside from scholarly pursuits and only a few dozen monks for company. It was a life ill suited to Zutoh’s restless nature, which made him a constant disruption to the serene atmosphere of the monastery.

Zutoh’s father was a Zerth—a warrior leader of his people—and an elder of the monastery. To restore order to the monastery, Zutoh’s father arranged for the boy to be extensively trained in the Centered Breath tradition, which stresses self-control. In his training, Zutoh found a focus for his restless nature, but that focus only carried him so far. A time eventually came when Zutoh felt the need to leave the monastery and seek more worthy pursuits.

From the monastery, Zutoh travelled first to Hundelstone, then north to Bryn Shander, Easthaven, Good Mead, and finally Dougan’s Hole. With nowhere to go from here, the young monk finds himself at a lost as to what to do next.

Jack Drakken :

Jack Drakken is an entertainer of considerable skill and he's not shy about letting everyone know how fantastic he is. Constantly. Thus far in life, he's made his living off his good looks and a quick smile; using his natural gifts to con others and take what he wants.

Despite his overconfidence, Jack has learned to appreciate the safety that comes with traveling in numbers. He traveled extensively with a group of like-minded "opportunists" and has picked up a variety of stories and songs that he loves to share, especially at taverns and other gathering spots where he can impress the locals. Things went sour for his previous group in the city of Waterdeep when the authorities caught wind of the group's activities. Jack separated from his former companions and escaped to the north.

Tras Mekanen

Tras Mekanen
Tras was born and raised in the city of Silverymoon. His father is a human merchant and his mother a half-elf. Due to his mixed heritage, Tras is familiar with the customs of both races. He is the middle child with an older brother (recently deceased in a brutal attack on a caravan on the way to Waterdeep), and a younger sister. The deadly caravan attack has caused his family some financial distress as they lost much of the money that was to be used to send his younger sister (age 13) to Waterdeep in a few years for formal training. Tras is destined to take over the family business which deals in trade of various regional herbs and rare plants.

Tras has decided to leave Silverymoon in search of business opportunities, fortune, and adventure before he will have to take the reins from his of the family business. He also hopes to funnel money home to his younger sister to assist with her schooling – he helped take care of his sister and is quite close to her. Although Tras wasn’t very close to his brother, his recent death has hit him quite hard and he can often lose himself in thought during quiet times.

Campaign Storyline
(will be updated as the storyline goes on)

Prologue

The dawn of another chilling morning woke the people of Dougan’s Hole. The weather was cold… colder than usual and the local folk were advised to not to travel until the snowstorm let up. The streets were usually bare of life except for the occasional militia patrol. The town has now been affected for some time now by the murders and the mysterious disappearance of the local folk during the night. A town curfew has been implemented and the people have reinforced their doors and nailed shut their shutters but every few days a new mutilated body would show up, the town militia once again too slow to find any further clues and the general populace growing more panicked every day. The winter not allowing them to flee the area. Furthermore, the town’s woes grew some more as the town’s promising mining project into the nearby hill has halted as several local miners have been found dead and some more have disappeared.

As people cautiously went about doing their business the beginning of a new adventure began in the town’s sole tavern, The Hairy Lemon. The Hairy Lemon was owned by a local human named Harry and despite the local issues, he welcomed his patrons into his inn without a worry and kept it running around the clock. A few days before the adventure started a dwarven Cleric by the name of Joram arrived in town to provide assistance in local affairs. He ended up being the last victim as he disappeared without a trace along with another adventure group a few days before that.

Jay's Game - We Do Evil Right

If I ever have a night off work on Wednesdays, I will probably follow along. But I will definitely keep up on this thread. :)

"Oh hello there, please do sit down. Frightful weather isn't? Well warm yourself by the fire, it will take some of the nip away. I'm sorry I didn't catch your name, I'm Richard Orton, I sell ore from the south to the dwarves of Kelvin's Cairn. Yes, I know they have ore a plenty up there, but they have discovered how to blend my ore with theirs to produce an alloy that seems to resist rusting quite well. This is my third run north this year, and by the looks of it, I won't be making my appointments in the south any time soon. What brings you here, aside from the storm that is?"

Dave

Staff member

This is something I've never done before so...is there no way to post an attachment in PMs?

Attachments

Dave

Staff member

I looked. I don't even see that option in the Admin Panel.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Wild. It's not an option in vBulletin 4. Weird.

D

DannyT

Hey Folks!

I'm Danny, and I will be one of the unfortunate players in this game. Still working on my character concept, but he's probably going to be a Githzerai monk. I'll share more when I have something worth sharing.

Cheers,
D

Danny T will make 'em pay.

Sorry :p. Welcome to the board, even if just to Jay's game's extent.

Glad you got the people gathered, Jay.

Most of the other players are still working on their characters. They should hopefully turn up in the next day or so. I would like everyone's background by Friday night though. I'll need a few days to setup the start.

"Oh hello there, please do sit down. Frightful weather isn't? Well warm yourself by the fire, it will take some of the nip away. I'm sorry I didn't catch your name, I'm Richard Orton, I sell ore from the south to the dwarves of Kelvin's Cairn. Yes, I know they have ore a plenty up there, but they have discovered how to blend my ore with theirs to produce an alloy that seems to resist rusting quite well. This is my third run north this year, and by the looks of it, I won't be making my appointments in the south any time soon. What brings you here, aside from the storm that is?"

Behind the counter of the Hairy Lemon, Harold the bartender glanced at the stranger intently for a long moment without showing any emotion on his face. After a long pause he proceeded to prepare a mug of ale for his interesting guest. With a raised eyebrow as he peered around the tavern for any other unfamiliar faces and asked, "South of th' Cairn you say? It's not every day that someone 'rom Caer'dinival comes 'bout the Hole! Tis by choice or by misfortune friend?"

D

Drend Dragonspawn

Hello, I am *twitch twitch* MELCHOR THE MAGNFICENT!!! Some may call me insane, but that is because the do not understand the sheer *twitch twitch* MIGHT AND POWER that my Infernal pact grants me. One day, the whole world will know me... and possibly *twitch twitch* FEAR ME!!! Oh, but enough of that. How about some wine?

Melchor was desperate. He couldn't find a teacher. He wanted supreme arcane power. The only problem was that nobody would accept him as an apprentice. He heard about these things called 'infernal pacts' that would grant him equal power to that of a wizard, and he found a Tiefling Warlock, willing to teach him how... For a price. He had to make his pact with the Tiefling's patron. Usually, especially for someone seeking supreme power, that is no big deal. It didn't go right. Something flipped during the pact binding, and it drove the originally Lawful Evil Melchor insane, pushing him to the Chaotic Good side of the Alignment scale, as well as killing the Tiefling in the process. Melchor's best guess is that some bit of wild magic decided to hit them then. Oh well. He got his power. Now the Luskanite is fleeing from the devil's mortal minions, and trying to maintain some semblance of sanity in the process. His most recent hiding place is Dougan's Hole.

I'm definitely going to have fun with this character. *mind starts plotting*

Harold's eyes opened wider at the other man's remark as he shifted his weight from one leg to another, contemplating if he should go for the wine, or the button for his hidden trap chute that this man was standing. He shook his head, obviously this man had too many drinks tonight or perhaps the town's recent events got to his mind. He took out a relatively clean mug from behind the counter and poured this "Melchor" some wine. "Please to serve," he said languidly, "Tell me stranger, what brings you to the 'ole?"

D

Drend Dragonspawn

I'm definitely going to have fun with this character. *mind starts plotting*

Harold's eyes opened wider at the other man's remark as he shifted his weight from one leg to another, contemplating if he should go for the wine, or the button for his hidden trap chute that this man was standing. He shook his head, obviously this man had too many drinks tonight or perhaps the town's recent events got to his mind. He took out a relatively clean mug from behind the counter and poured this "Melchor" some wine. "Please to serve," he said languidly, "Tell me stranger, what brings you to the 'ole?"
As am I... As am I...

Wine please. None of the watered down swill most places serve. The good stuff. I'm only in this gods forsaken realm for the same reason as anyone else. There is some place (or places) they'd rather not be. *twitch twitch* AND I NEED FRESH SOULS TO EAT! Er what? I meant, I was hungry and needed to stop someplace for the night. This was the only community within 10 miles of my last camp site according to my map.

D

DannyT

Zutoh's background. This is the short version. I could easily go on for 2,000 words, but who would bother to read that?
Zutoh was born in a small, secluded monastery high in the Spine of the World. As one might expect, it was a sheltered life, with little to do aside from scholarly pursuits and only a few dozen monks for company. It was a life ill suited to Zutoh’s restless nature, which made him a constant disruption to the serene atmosphere of the monastery.

Zutoh’s father was a Zerth—a warrior leader of his people—and an elder of the monastery. To restore order to the monastery, Zutoh’s father arranged for the boy to be extensively trained in the Centered Breath tradition, which stresses self-control. In his training, Zutoh found a focus for his restless nature, but that focus only carried him so far. A time eventually came when Zutoh felt the need to leave the monastery and seek more worthy pursuits.

From the monastery, Zutoh travelled first to Hundelstone, then north to Bryn Shander, Easthaven, Good Mead, and finally Dougan’s Hole. With nowhere to go from here, the young monk finds himself at a lost as to what to do next.
Character sheet attached.

Cheers,
D

Attachments

Updated master post with character information. Within 24 hours I'll post once again with more details of the game as well as character reviews, I already noticed a few things that may require correcting. Stay tuned.

Meanwhile, discuss your excitement bitches!

I'm working on a getted pumped song about the campaign based on the Monday Night Football theme! It will help everyone get excited about the game and remind Dave that football season is months away!:p

O

Orangefrog

Hey all. Happy to be aboard the team. As far as 4th edition goes I'm pretty much a newbie so be gentle. Last time I played all Wizards had released was the three core books, so I've got a lot of catching up to do...

Anyway, here's a short little background for my Bard:
Jack Drakken is an entertainer of considerable skill and he's not shy about letting everyone know how fantastic he is. Constantly. Thus far in life, he's made his living off his good looks and a quick smile; using his natural gifts to con others and take what he wants.

Despite his overconfidence, Jack has learned to appreciate the safety that comes with traveling in numbers. He traveled extensively with a group of like-minded "opportunists" and has picked up a variety of stories and songs that he loves to share, especially at taverns and other gathering spots where he can impress the locals. Things went sour for his previous group in the city of Waterdeep when the authorities caught wind of the group's activities. Jack separated from his former companions and escaped to the north.

Character Sheet:
View attachment 462

Attachments

O

Orangefrog

And since everyone else seems to be getting into the whole roleplaying thing...I thought I'd introduce my character as well.

It was an odd situation for Jack. Stuck in the frozen wastes of the north in a town barely worth mentioning. To top it all off, his fellow tavern goers seemed defeated and solemn. The whole feeling of it was ruining his good mood. He sloshed his half-finished drink around and stared down at the table. Jack couldn't let this happen. Boredom and Jack Drakken do not belong in the same room.

Jack pondered for a second and then began tapping his foot to a rhythm only he could hear. He smiled quietly to himself and grabbed his lute. He headed toward the center of the tavern and began playing. He introduced himself to the crowd. "Hello Dougan's Hole! I am Jack Drakken, entertainer, adventurer, and monster-slayer extradoinnaire! I have prepared this song just for you!" He cleared his throat and began singing his song.This one was always a crowd favorite...

Somewhere in the middle of the song, Jack found his way on top of one of the tables. It's not every day Jack Drakken does a show like this for free and he was certain the crowd would appreciate being able to get a better view of THE Jack Drakken.

With his song finished, Jack glanced around the room, expecting nothing more than absolute hysteria. Instead, he was met with a few amused grins and a hostile stare from the tavernkeeper. "Fine" he murmured to himself. "If song will not cheer up this crowd, then ale will!" He begins proclaiming his intentions to buy everyone in the establishment another round but cuts himself short when he glances into his money pouch. He visibly winces and awkwardly looks around the room.

I'm going to catch up tonight (Easter weekend was awesome) with an update and see how quickly people respond to my post to meet Wednesday's game deadline.

B

Brimstone360

Guys - I am trying to get the character builder to work. I believe it is zipped - right? What program do you use to unzip it? I clicking the file and it wants me to pick a program to open it. I am using Windows 7.

Thanks,

Ray

Dave

Staff member

If you are downloading it from the WotC site it should be an executable file. Be sure before you do ANYTHING you update your .NET framework to 3.5 or you will spend hours unfucking it.

Again, this should be an exe file unless you are getting it from a different source.

In this case, it's a "different source". Hopefully they'll invest in it later on if they enjoy playing the game regularly.

In regards to the game tomorrow night, I’ll be posting the moment I get home tonight the updated I promised yesterday. Given the fact that everything is still in the process of getting together, the first hour or so will be basically getting everything setup for the campaign. I really need folks to pull together tonight and make the appropriate corrections as well as providing me with the things I need from you to start the game correctly.

Oh, did I mention that I love creating dungeons crawls as well as puzzles? Planning your dooms has been orgasmic. *evil cackle*

Alright, here are a few more details about the campaign:

- When players will be rolling for specific skills during the game, those who are trained in that specific skill can assist them. (More information will be provided during the first game session)

- After a long moment of contemplation, I'll finally be using Gametable. Please download it and install it. (Gametable 2.0 RC7): http://sourceforge.net/projects/gametable/

- Once Gametable is installed, it is strongly recommended to bind all your dice rolls ahead of time. With your character sheet at hand, you should be able to create a macro for most of your common rolls easily. DON'T FORGET TO SAVE YOUR MACROS WHEN YOU ARE DONE, GAME TABLE WON'T DO IT FOR YOU!!! :)

- I'd like your macros to follow a specific format so that when the session is going on, you don't always need to go back to your character sheet to remind me the details on your attack. Here is an example of a good macro.

Daily - [Blinding Barrage] (Attack Roll) (Dexterity vs. AC)
/roll d20+11

Daily - [Blinding Barrage] (Damage Roll) (Hit Causes Blindness) (Miss = Half Damage/No Blind)
/roll 2d4+5

This may be a little confusing but trust me, when you’ll create 1 macro, it'll start making sense. I'd appreciate it if you would mention what type of attack it is (At-Will / Encounter / Utility), its name, the type of attack and type of defense (ex: Dex vs AC). Additional information is very much appreciated. You can also macro every skill, your initiative, etc. If you have ANY issues making macros ahead of time, please contact me on Steam. Lastly, I remind you to save your macros often. Game Table won't save them for you!!!

- If you could prepare a POG for your player it would be appreciated. If you cannot create a POG, send me a link to a picture you'd like me to use and I'll create one for you ahead of time.

- Be there and be on time! 6:45 PM is the ideal logon time on Ventrilo. Also make sure that you have enough time to check out your character sheet. If you are going to run late or have to miss a session, PM me about it! Repeat offenders can and will be replaced by other players.

- When you will be in exploration mode, movement will be in real-time. Where you’re at will be where you’ll start during encounter and social situations. Any movement needs to be reported to the GM vocally (ex: You’ll say Jack walks up carefully to the Balor and tells him firmly that he shall not pass).

- We got players of all levels in this game, some of you have been playing the game for a long time, transcending from very old versions of the game up to players who have played just a few meager sessions. Let’s be patient! No one is better than anyone in this game and it is critical that everyone shows some patience for the first game session or two. It is also everyone’s responsibility to teach the game to others, there’s no shame in checking out the player’s handbook for enlightenment for certain rules/situations. If you lack it, ask me.

- For our entertainment I may test out some musical themes for game sessions as well as downtime during battle initiatives. Let's see how that goes. For example, here is your first theme... this provides you a mood setting of Dougan's Hole and its current situation.

- Last point, I'd like you guys to discuss on how you met. I'd like not to take the first hour of the game session starting from scratch, if you guys can find an in character reason to know each other (aka may have met previously on your travels, you’re fed up town citizens, previous adventure mini-groups, etc...) This would be appreciated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below are your character reviews, if there is anything outstanding, please correct it ASAP and send me your character sheet.

1. Dave – Edrondol Longbeard, Dwarven Fighter (Defender)

Gear is fine.
Background is fine.
Build is fine.

2. HCG – Richard Orton, Human Psion (Controller)

You're short 45gp for the Ritual Book. You'll have to remove something.
(Dagger (1gp), Crossbow(25g) , Bolts (40)(2gp), Standard Adventurers Kit (15g), Climber Kit(2gp), Everburning Torch(50gp), Ritual book (gp) )
I'm going to unfortunately deny you the ability to learn Abyssal as a starting language (Abyssal and Supernal will require special things to allow them to be used, aka by feats or by items). Feel free to choose another language.
Background is fine.
Oddly enough, character builder doesn't mention “Kinetic Thawl” (but it does show Mind thrust). Hopefully I can see it in a later update with the character builder.

3. Ray - Tras Mekanen, Human Cleric of Waukeen (Leader) (Need BG)

Need character sheet.
Need background.

4. Dan - Zutoh, Githzerai Monk (Striker)

Gear is fine.
Background is fine.
Build is fine.

5. Drend - Melchor the Magnificent - Human Warlock (Striker)

I'll need you to create your character with character builder (sorry that website doesn't show me everything I'd like) (Steam me for the link please if you don't have it!)
Background is fine.

6. OrangeFrogz - Human Bard (Leader)

Gear is fine.
Background is fine.
Build is fine.

Probably just not in the DDI thing yet, Psions gain the Ritual Casting Feat, a ritual book ,the ritual Sending and one more 1st level ritual for free. Once per day I can perform the Sending ritual without components.

And it was Kinetic Thrawl, level 1 Psion At-Will.

And I will adjust my languages and now having perused the Forgotten Realms book in the bookstore with a baby in tow, adjust my religion to match the Realms.

So if we are using Ventrillo, do I still need steam to play?

I'm the only front line guy?!? Yikes!
You're a Dwarf, that's like 1 1/2 at least.

Probably just not in the DDI thing yet, Psions gain the Ritual Casting Feat, a ritual book ,the ritual Sending and one more 1st level ritual for free. Once per day I can perform the Sending ritual without components.

And it was Kinetic Thrawl, level 1 Psion At-Will.

And I will adjust my languages and now having perused the Forgotten Realms book in the bookstore with a baby in tow, adjust my religion to match the Realms.

So if we are using Ventrillo, do I still need steam to play?
No, you don't. Just so that I can chat with you outside of the forums. I'd like to be able to quickly contact the players if needed. PMs take too long.

D

DannyT

I'm the only front line guy?!? Yikes!
Don't worry, I will distract the enemy for a few rounds by being pummeled mercilessly. That should give you and the others enough time to take them out.

B

Brimstone360

Name: Tras Mekanen
Race: Human
Deity: Waukeen
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 175
Hair: Middle length, brown

Tras was born and raised in the city of Silverymoon. His father is a human merchant and his mother a half-elf. Due to his mixed heritage, Tras is familiar with the customs of both races. He is the middle child with an older brother (recently deceased in a brutal attack on a caravan on the way to Waterdeep), and a younger sister. The deadly caravan attack has caused his family some financial distress as they lost much of the money that was to be used to send his younger sister (age 13) to Waterdeep in a few years for formal training. Tras is destined to take over the family business which deals in trade of various regional herbs and rare plants.

Tras has decided to leave Silverymoon in search of business opportunities, fortune, and adventure before he will have to take the reins from his of the family business. He also hopes to funnel money home to his younger sister to assist with her schooling – he helped take care of his sister and is quite close to her. Although Tras wasn’t very close to his brother, his recent death has hit him quite hard and he can often lose himself in thought during quiet times.

(I still need to update my character with Divine Power options...but here it is otherwise. I will be on the game ASAP tomorrow. I have a meeting/dinner with our groups VP and will be on as soon as I get home.)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.