Israel Thread

This brings up the thing that annoys me the most about all the conversations on this, and that's the fact Israel isn't Judaism. Israelis are Jewish, yes, but they are not Judaism itself, anymore then say Iran is Islam or the United States is Christian.

It really burns my craw every time we equate the bad shit a nation does and then latch onto the religion aspects because it brings the wrong narrative. People in the US are not angry at Israel because they are Jewish, you can't call someone critical of Israel an anti-Semite just like you can't call a person critical of Iran an Islamophobe. I saw people screaming at Jewish people supporting Palestine as "traitors" and it just pisses me off.

I am super critical of religion as a whole these days, and I feel that a lot of our biggest disagreements would go away if religion as a concept just vanished overnight, but as long as we have to deal with it we should at least focus on the fact these are nations doing shit that also happen to follow a religion, not a religion in itself.
More Jews live in New York than live in Israel.

Here's her interview if you want her side.

It seemed like she was employed at the AP building that was bombed the way that everyone was talking about her. Nor did anything say which thing she once said went over the line. The naked mole rat line? Maybe. *shrug* It is speculation since they are being tight-lipped about it.

It does sound like her editor couldn't protect her from higher-ups that didn't want to face conservative criticisms, though. That does seem very cowardly to me, on the part of those higher-ups.

It seemed like she was employed at the AP building that was bombed the way that everyone was talking about her. Nor did anything say which thing she once said went over the line. The naked mole rat line? Maybe. *shrug* It is speculation since they are being tight-lipped about it.
That is the way it works when they refuse to talk about it. Though if they had a reason for the firing that's better then she made posts in college thry probably would have said it instead of just letting this reasoning continue.

It does sound like her editor couldn't protect her from higher-ups that didn't want to face conservative criticisms, though. That does seem very cowardly to me, on the part of those higher-ups.
Sounds like everyone in the organization is chickenshit. Editors and coworkers alike.

Lol, the New Yorker made famous for being in the video where he defends being allowed to steal someone's home in Jerusalem is of course, a huge, massive piece of Covid denying, extreme right wing shit. What a shock. I am in awe.

1621992809387.png

GasBandit

Staff member
Pray tell, show your math on this equation.
It's probably something along the lines of why my stepmother (who is black) does not enjoy Firefly - because a very good argument could be made that the browncoats are a thinly veiled lionization of the post-reconstruction confederacy,

It's probably something along the lines of why my stepmother (who is black) does not enjoy Firefly - because a very good argument could be made that the browncoats are a thinly veiled lionization of the post-reconstruction confederacy,
Cowboys who lost the war and don't trust the government they were once fighting against? Yeah, I an see it.

Those are examples of Folks that haven't read any dystopian future SF where Corporations control every aspect of your life, where you are a 'corporate drone or the trash outside the corporate structure'
is that better MD

Last edited:
Just finished part two. Holy shit. I knew it was bad, but it’s amazing how much of what they’re doing is able to be completely ignored by the media.

So, how many US states do you think are going to test their anti-Israel boycott laws on Ben and Jerry and see if they hold even the slightest bit of water.

I learned that there are 35 US states that have these laws on the books.

Of all the laws that are blatantly unconstitutional, anti BDS ones are maybe the most blatant. “You HAVE to do buisness with this country no matter what.”

Of all the laws that are blatantly unconstitutional, anti BDS ones are maybe the most blatant. “You HAVE to do buisness with this country no matter what.”
Look, refusing service is all well and good if it's because the other is gay or trans or...urban (wink wink nudge nudge youknowwhatimean) or something. Merely being part of an evil invasion force pushing innocent civilians off their own lands, stealing houses and property, breaking a dozen international treaties is no reason at all.

Keep the government out of private industries!

…unless the industry in question is supporting a cause that is traditionally aligned with Democrats, in which case fuck ‘em. Have the government overreach as far as it can go.

]DeSantis] also said that if the companies don’t “cease the boycott of Israel as required by Florida law” after being placed on its Scrutinized Companies List, the agency “must refrain from acquiring any and all Unilever assets consistent with the law.”
That's a lot.

--Patrick