Introduce Yourself!

I guess it's time to de-lurk myself and make a formal introduction.

Hi Halforums! I've been sitting on the sidelines for a long time now, and I figured I should actually join in the fun. And by long time, I mean I actually remember when Scott announced there was going to be an Image forum. (Maybe I should have made my name "Procrastinator".)

I know it's going to be a little weird, since I've gotten to know you guys pretty well over the years, but you don't know me from Adam. So here's my prerequisite Halforum answers: Subway, rare steak; sitting on the toilet, and out of respect for the recently departed (who, though I never spoke to him, always seemed like a great guy), I will not use the "S.P." words (rhymes with "auna ants").

PS: Even though this is my first time as official member, this is the second time I'm making an appearance:a few years ago, when I entered Penny Arcade's Dickerdoodle contest, one of the Halforumites posted my entry as his favorite. It was Gabe and Tycho "au naturel" in cookie form. I can't remember who it was, but I meant to say thank you!

Cajungal

Staff member
I already love you for beating us to our own in-joke greeting. Happy to have you! :) Jump on in.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

(Crap, I need to learn how to make that smaller.)

I just didn't want to come off as creepy! But it light of recent events (NR, the State of the Site), I figured it was better Nate Then Lever late than never to join!

If the Jwhouk car thread is any indication, you remember more about the goings on of this forum than I do.

Welcome....I guess, since it seems unnecessary, and post!

figmentPez

Staff member
I just didn't want to come off as creepy!
You're a redhead nerdgirl who already knows the forums and all our running gags? Then you should also know it's the rest of us that are going to have to hold back, lest we come across as creepy.

Do you cosplay? Will you post a pic of yourself? In cosplay? Are you single? Is it serious? What's your favorite book? What areas of geekdom are you into? Who is your favorite poster? I like your avatar, where did you get it?

You're a redhead nerdgirl who already knows the forums and all our running gags? Then you should also know it's the rest of us that are going to have to hold back, lest we come across as creepy.

Do you cosplay? Will you post a pic of yourself? In cosplay? Are you single? Is it serious? What's your favorite book? What areas of geekdom are you into? Who is your favorite poster? I like your avatar, where did you get it?
LOL!
Normally that might be a bit much to cover, but since I've been spying following you guys for so long, it's only fair for me to play catch up: Yes, I like cosplay (and frequent your thread, Pez) and while I can sew, I haven't really dressed up outside of Halloween. Sorry, I'm married (I know...Booooo!) but it better be serious since we have a toddler! I was raised by two geeks, so there's very few areas of geekdom I'm not into. And my avatar is a drawing I did of myself a few years ago. It seems like the only time I can use my animation degree, since I haven't found a way to make a living off of it. Yet. :(

You ever meet a new person that knows everything about you already?

This is my suspect face.

I don't have a pic, just imagine a face looking very suspect. You're not the person I saw staring in my window, are you?

But I'm pretty sure that was @Jay

Zappit

Staff member
LOL!
And my avatar is a drawing I did of myself a few years ago. It seems like the only time I can use my animation degree, since I haven't found a way to make a living off of it. Yet. :(
Another cartoonist? Interesting. You should make a thread over in the Artists' Corner.

You ever meet a new person that knows everything about you already?

This is my suspect face.

I swear I'm not an alt of JCM! I'm legit! :confused:

Another cartoonist? Interesting. You should make a thread over in the Artists' Corner.
I should, but I'm also months behind updating my Deviant Art page. Maybe I can throw up a link and kill two birds with one stone.

Most interesting thing I've heard about you yet.
I may have questions for you later. No (contract or other) work, just questions.

--Patrick
Ask away!

Hi Celt Z! Nice to have you here. And I'm glad to see the Jersey summer slogan in your location info. LOL I grew up down in Atlantic County, in the woods, but went to the shore enough to know a Benny when I saw one. I don't live there anymore though. Marriage has taken me far, far from home to a tropical island where I laugh at you people who have snow.

Hi Celt Z! Nice to have you here. And I'm glad to see the Jersey summer slogan in your location info. LOL I grew up down in Atlantic County, in the woods, but went to the shore enough to know a Benny when I saw one. I don't live there anymore though. Marriage has taken me far, far from home to a tropical island where I laugh at you people who have snow.
I remember you once saying you were an ex-Jerseyan. And though I am proud to be from the Garden State, I am envious of your current location. I was there for my honeymoon and never wanted to leave!

@evilmike Aw, dude, don't make me Dawn! She's the worst!