Export thread

Introduce Yourself!

Limit: 500

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Ok peeps, I been lurking for way to long. I pop in every now and then but after reading the secret santa thread and feeling all warm and fuzzy I decided I'm going to try and post more. Starting now. Ask Me Anything.

Basics in case you want some starting points.

21 - Male - Australia......G'day Mate

Hobbies include video games, drinking and martial arts. I also collect swords and other assorted weaponry.

So who wants the first shot?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

what kind of martial arts do you do?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

What kind of swords?

Dave

Dave

Whom do you feel is the proper representative of the TYPICAL Australian in contemporary American culture?

We've had Crocodile Dundee, Steve Irwin and...(no, the Flight of the Conchords guys were from NZ)...um...Mel Gibson. Thoughts?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Whom do you feel is the proper representative of the TYPICAL Australian in contemporary American culture?

We've had Crocodile Dundee, Steve Irwin and...(no, the Flight of the Conchords guys were from NZ)...um...Mel Gibson. Thoughts?
Y'know, that's a really unfair question. I mean, say the same for Belgium and you'd pretty much give me a choice between Tintin, Poirot, and Dutroux...:-P

Whence the name?
Do you really consider yourself a lurker? I recognize your name :)
What subboard do you think holds your interest most?
What's your preferred type of alcoholic beverage? How do you feel about beer?

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Ok im in bed posting from my mobile so forgive the hand typing of the questions. I can never find the highlight text function. Copy and paste is easy though :p

What martial art do I study?

Shotokan Karate Do. Been doing it for ten years. Had my shodan for 3 years. Also been helping out my sensei in the 2 junior classes for about 4 years.
Also starting up ju jitsu when school goes back. Thought it might be fun to learn a different style. Also help when a pack of twenty 6 year olds decide they want to use me as a punching bag.

What swords do I collect?

Anything that looks pretty. I have about 14 display samurai swords. All different quality levels. The ones with the fake white snakeskin scabbards are pretty cool looking. Some random dragon swords, the sword from Blade which also has a nice little dagger hidden in the handle. No hand slicey bits though.
I have a pretty cool looking 2 prong spear. Trying to convince my friend who is also a collector to sell his naganata. I want it so bad. The blade things from Chronicles of Riddick. Some sai, tonfa, nunchaku, a shinai (kendo sword) and 2 bokken (training samurai swords) oh and just got a pair of kama too.

Best cultural representative.
Hmmm this one is hard.
I used to think it was awesome that the guy from lethal weapon was aussie. Until Mel went all wackjob insane. Now i just "forget" that he isnt an american.
Croc Dundee is awesome...although exagerated out bush you can really find characters like that in the pub.
Steve Irwin was a bit of a nutjob too. But all his conservation work deserves to be applauded. He did alot of great things for alot of animals.
Also maybe I should mention I'm part New zealand as well so i can claim Russel Crowe.
If I had to choose I would go with
3. The Scared Wierd Little Guys. Comedy act that are just too effing hilarious. Very aussie centric humour though.Music buffs will love any of the Stump the Scardies videos on youtube. Look them up.
2. Kevin Bloody Wilson. Another musical comedian of sorts. I grew up on him and think he captures our sense of humour perfectly. May be offensive but i'll be damned if it aint funny. Everytime he comes to town someone in my family goes and gets a signature for me (was underage all those times)
I'ts hilarious that the comments increased in vulgarity with my age. 6 was nick off , 10 was bugger off. 15 was get a job you lazy shit and buy your own cd.
1. I think the best representation is The Sniper from TF2. We finally shed the convict image and prove we can be hardworking and industrious people.

Seriously though I cant think of any actual australian characters that are international and typical. I mean the only ones you are guarunteed to know are all larger than life. Dame Edna Everage, Angus Young from ACDC etc.
Plus just like in america people act differently in each region. Typical texan stereotype is totally different from New York or Los Angeles.

What subboard holds the most interest?
General. Bits of everything in there. Never know what you will get. I'm not really into comics much and the game board is kinda quiet.

Do I consider myself a Lurker?
Yeah I do. I would be lucky to have more than 20 posts. Most of which came from me asking questions about TF2. Most of the others were the drunker higher wasteder thread. Not really much contribution.

Alcohol.
Beer can be awesome or horrible. Depending on what you choose. Budwieser is disgusting btw. I usually drink Kirin or Asahi (both japanese beers)
or millers chill. Oh and of course the obligitory west coast wife beater.Emu Bitter and Emu Export. (fosters is not real common. Eastern states are either XXXX or Victoria Bitter.)
I also love vodka. And absinthe. And tequila. Anything clear or green basically. Try our favourite shooter. Absinthe,Bacardi 151 and Chartuse. Sold as an ABC.. Known as the vomit king.

Also bubble. I remember seeing a low res photo of you in you av ages ago and then some bigger ones in the secret santa thread. Something looks different. I wanna say thicker/ groomed facial hair. Maybe its just the better photo but you are one sexy bastard yknow that. I'm starting my new years resolution early. To compliment people more often and be nicer to people. Maybe I will actually make friends next year :p

Ok bed time for me. Keep the questions coming peeps. Anything and everything will be answered. Dares shall be considered too.

Jake

Jake

Budwieser is disgusting btw. I usually drink Kirin
Funny, these are essentially the same beverage.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

What's the proper way to throw some shrimp on the barbie, mate?

Also, Chaser's War on Everything. Opinions?

Kitty Sinatra

Midnight Oil. Anybody down there listen to them?

Dave

Dave

How can they sleep while their beds are burning?

Jake

Jake

How can they sleep while their beds are burning?[/QUOTE]
It's the southern hemisphere. Fire is cold and refreshing there.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Budwieser is disgusting btw. I usually drink Kirin
Funny, these are essentially the same beverage.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought Kirin tasted similar to Millers Chill. Bud tasted similar to watered down beer.

What's the proper way to throw some shrimp on the barbie, mate?

Also, Chaser's War on Everything. Opinions?
I don't really eat much seafood, But if the barbie has a grill plate just chuck it on there with some seasoning. Or if it just has a hot plate wrap it in aluminum foil, Little bit of butter, lemon and pepper. Just don't overcook it.
Chaser's are pretty funny.Some of the skits are hilarious while others are just stupid. I found them very hit and miss. Sad to see them go though.

How can they sleep while their beds are burning?[/QUOTE]
It's the southern hemisphere. Fire is cold and refreshing there.[/QUOTE]

The generation before me listened to Midnight Oil as they were new music back then. Now days most people know who they are but apart from Beds Are Burning they probably wouldn't be able to name another song.Although on Australia Day you hear this song on everywhere.We have a very small playlist that day.
Midnight Oil - Beds are Burning , This is Australia
Anything by ACDC
Men At Work - Land Down Under
Goanna - Solid Rock
Maybe some Jet or Hilltop Hoods or Missy Higgins if the station is slightly alternative.

Also if you are into Hip Hop and havent heard Hilltop Hoods....Go do so now. Awesome to the Max yo!

Feels like my bed was burning last night. We are going to be hitting 40 deg very soon (104 F) And also total fireban so no flames allowed. Don't want to set the country ablaze.

Keep them coming yall.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Thanks, Gargoyle :) I'm going to guess it's the "I shaved my head bald" thing ;-)

I love absynthe too, but most people only know pretty regular green stuff...Black absynthe is where it's at :-P There's a bar here in Brussels with 850 types of absynthe, hmmm...

Anyhow, so, what sort of part of Australia are you from? Outback, city, surf beach, mountainous, lava-riddled nightmare landscape under twisting and torturing sun,...?
Studying, or working? Or just goofin around? In any case, what, more specifically?
Do androids dream of electric sheep?
Do New Zealanders dream of sheep?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

When will you choose an avatar?

Espy

Espy

Men at Work. Greatest band ever or GREATEST band ever?

Bowielee

Bowielee

To be fair regarding Mel Gibson, he didn't really go batshit insane until after he became an american.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Thanks, Gargoyle :) I'm going to guess it's the "I shaved my head bald" thing ;-)

I love absynthe too, but most people only know pretty regular green stuff...Black absynthe is where it's at :-P There's a bar here in Brussels with 850 types of absynthe, hmmm...

Anyhow, so, what sort of part of Australia are you from? Outback, city, surf beach, mountainous, lava-riddled nightmare landscape under twisting and torturing sun,...?
Studying, or working? Or just goofin around? In any case, what, more specifically?
Do androids dream of electric sheep?
Do New Zealanders dream of sheep?
Yeah must be the shaved head.
I live in a small city on the west coast of australia. We are outback enough to have wildlife run across the road about 5 minutes from my place yet still have big city things like fast food and shopping centers. Surf around here is awesome. Really a hidden treasure. Too bad I dont really like the outdoors. If you want to know where exactly on a map find the west australian coast line. Smack bang in the center of that and you will be close.

Working to pay the bills, goofing around with the rest of my life. I have no direction really. I was young enough not to care but that time is coming to a close. Still no idea what I want to do though. If by july I havent got some sort of plan or career path I shall be enlisting in the army. I would really love to get my next black belt and get a teaching qualification ( adult and child certification) and either open up my own dojo or help my current sensei expand his. It's kinda at the point where if he doesn't expanded the amount of classes we will have to turn kids away so it is a possibility. Unlikely but hopes are still there.

Are these androids endowed with artificial intelligence or just preprogramed for simple menial tasks? If so then it is possible an android would dream of electric sheep....although the likely hood of an upgraded memory storage unit or a female android for company being the subject of the dream is higher.

I have now chosen an avatar....do you like it NR?

Men at Work= greatest band. Also i can actually say I come from a land down under :p

Espy

Espy

Men at Work= greatest band. Also i can actually say I come from a land down under :p
Would you make me a vegemite sandwich?

Kitty Sinatra

And can I have a paramite pie?

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

If i had entered the secret santa I so wouldve sent a can of beer and a jar of vegemite. Seriously everybody should try and get some. It is the most awesomest thing in the world. Vegemite sandwiches cure hangovers if you can keep them down.

And I have no idea what paramite is so I googled it. Aparently it is some type of flea treatment. Maybe you should just spray some eucalyptus oil on yourself. We got plenty of that round these parts.

Oh and since my new years resolution is to work out more and get beefcake if I have time tomorrow I shall post a picture of myself and another next month to see if I have improved. Knowing me I will either imagine improvement or just be really hard on myself.

Kitty Sinatra

A paramite is a creature from a PSone game called Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee. Molluck the Glukkon baked the paramites into pies. Though when the paramites started becoming extinct, he started turning Abe's Mudokon friends into tasty treats. :(

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Yeah i never had a psone. Jumped on board the cross platform train with ps2. Everyone has recomended abes odyssey but adventrue games annoy the hell outta me sometimes. Who would think to combine belly button fluff with grass to make a fuse?

Bowielee

Bowielee

Yeah i never had a psone. Jumped on board the cross platform train with ps2. Everyone has recomended abes odyssey but adventrue games annoy the hell outta me sometimes. Who would think to combine belly button fluff with grass to make a fuse?
Abes Oddysee was more like Prince of persia, or Out of this World than Monkey island or Space Quest.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Don't know why I assumed it was a point and click game then. Never played prince of persia either. I have an amazing knack of not ever seeing, listening or playing games , music and movies that are aparently things everybody knows. Never heard the beatles, only ever seen 1 kubrick film. Never listend to nirvana until i was 16.

I live a very sheltered life.

Zumbo Prime

Yeah, so I may as well make one of these too.

My username is Zumbo Prime. Though it's probably easier just to call me Chicken. Everyone else I know online does. If you want to know why, well, you have to ask.

I'm here because Angels 2200 recently restarted.

I enjoy sci-fi, video games, and being a smartass.

Don't ask about the avatars I'll be using. Seriously, don't.

If there's anything else you want to ask, go for it. I won't guarantee I won't try to make you cry.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Chicken?

CHICKEN!

CHICKEN!

Welcome aboard, Zumbo ;)

1.) Is there anything we can't ask of you?

2.) How do you like it in here?

InBrainWeTrust

After some disappointment several months ago that I couldn't find my favorite forum to lurk on, I decided to give the Googles a more thorough search to see if you guys congregated anywhere else. And here I am! Great job on the new layout! I'll try to be active on here a bit more now that I've found your new location (I think I made all of two posts under the last forum design). I'll never take Halforums for granted ever again!! :cry:

Oh yeah, intro! Well, I'm a geek in my mid-20s, about to finish a terminal degree in the terrible state of Maryland. Looking for a chance to express my geeky side, practice my writing more, and meet some new friends. That's about it for now, but here's hoping to get to know some of you better in the coming weeks!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Fresh meat....

InBrainWeTrust

You've got some strawberry sauce on your chin there.

Dave

Dave

What Ame said. What kind of writing?

And welcome back!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Delicious, delicious strawberry sauce....

InBrainWeTrust

Hi! Welcome (again) and thanks! (yay! someone who likes the design!)

What kinda stuff do you write?
What Ame said. What kind of writing?

And welcome back!
Thanks! There are a couple of things I would change about the layout, but other than that it looks great. I spent most of the last year focusing on my degree, which involves a lot of detailed writing, but I'm hoping to get back into more journalistic pursuits.

Shegokigo said:
Delicious, delicious strawberry sauce....
I take it you're the one I should be watching out for? Although Dave (and his avatar) look displeased; perhaps he's the greater threat.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Oh I'm completely harmless. :whistling:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hello! :) Glad you found us!

Espy

Espy

Hello! :) Glad you found us!
Indeed!

Zumbo Prime

k

1) Why do they call you chicken?
My well-known username elsewhere is chickenlittle.

2) What's with the avatar?
I'm still trying to see what looks best. It's either this one or the previous one with the blue background.

3) Superman versus Batman.. Who would win?!
Superman. Batman doesn't have an Kryptonite at his disposal, as far as I know.

Hi!

Zumbo Prime

Oh God, that was an annoying show. Stupid baboon.

this was also.

LFG. Epic.

Welcome aboard, Zumbo ;)
Thanks.

1.) Is there anything we can't ask of you?
I'm going to generalize, and say "anything involving Your Mother".

2.) How do you like it in here?
It's a clean forum, that's for sure. Was a bit confused with the layout initially, but that passed quickly. Unlike other places I regular, there is literally no bar on discussing topics. So I do quite like it here.

Baerdog

Baerdog

[/QUOTE]
Sorry man, wrong answer.

Anyway, welcome aboard and all that. Be sure to check out the IRC when you've got some free time.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I think the right question is:

Superman Vs The Hulk

@Li3n

@Li3n

Supes would just calm him down, and that's why he's lame... Bats would put him in a head lock and make him say "Uncle!"

JCM

[/QUOTE]
Sorry man, wrong answer.

Anyway, welcome aboard and all that. Be sure to check out the IRC when you've got some free time.[/QUOTE]Actually Batman has a damn plan (and backup plan) with all the required weapons to take down every DC hero should they go rogue.

Funnily, this didnt help when Hal Jordan went apeshit.
What if Batman had PrepTime™ ? (old old board in-joke)
Ah, the old days.

Anyway, Dark Knight 1&2 showed how easily Superman could be beat by Batman. But then, Superman could just look at Batman in the JL headquarters and burn his head off.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Didn't Batman lose all that info when OMAC and Brother Eye went all HAL9000?

Zumbo Prime

Guess I did answer wrong.

Strangely enough, I've never seen HAL9000.

Bowielee

Bowielee

HAL9000 was the computer that went psychotic in 2001: A Space Oddessy.

In the lead up to the Final Crisis, Batman's satelite used to track and help nutralize rogue heroes took all that knowledge and started killing off heroes.

Zumbo Prime

Strangely enough, I've never seen 2001: A Space Odyssey.
FTFY

edit: ninja'd[/QUOTE]wat

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Strangely enough, I've never seen 2001: A Space Odyssey.
FTFY

edit: ninja'd[/QUOTE]wat[/QUOTE]

Watto!

Zumbo Prime

I was going to post a witty image response, but it's NSFW.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

That's what spoiler tags are for.

Puntabul

Puntabul

Well I thought it would be time for me to introduce myself to all of you. My name is Josh and I have been lurking here for some time now. I have been married for 3 1/2 years and have a 6 month old. I work for a small publishing co. I like playing all kinds of video games and watching movies. Here is a photo of me and my family.

View attachment 230

Attachments

Baerdog

Baerdog

Welcome to Halforums, that's a really great picture of you and your wife but who is that goofy guy in the glasses?

Dave

Dave

I recognize the name. haven't you posted before? Or am I psychic?

Chippy

Chippy

You made a big mistake comin' here, boy.

Puntabul

Puntabul

I have posted a few times long ago. But I thought I would say something little about myself sense I have posted very little around here.

Dave

Dave

Orange County, huh? Have you ventured down to SDCC since you are so close?

Espy

Espy

Excellent! Glad you have de-lurked. Gonna make a habit of it? :)

Hylian

Hylian

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Prepare the welcome sacrifice and hazing equipment! :twisted:

Puntabul

Puntabul

I have been to comic con in the past. it's been a few years but I plan on going this year. I will do my best to post more.

Dave

Dave

No worries, man. So what caused you to step up to the crazy train and board?

Puntabul

Puntabul

Board at work when I have nothing to do on my breaks and I like this place. It keep me sane.

Gusto

Gusto

It keep me sane.
I understand this all too well though many would disagree.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

That baby looks positively delicious. :twisted:

*ignores everythingelse said*

David

David

Do not feed babies to the Shego. Especially not after midnight.

Zumbo Prime

'Sup?

Zumbo Prime

That's what spoiler tags are for.
[/QUOTE]Well, this changes things. Indeed, it does.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Don't get her wet either.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Incidentally, where does the name come from? Are you the first among a horde of Zumbos? What is a Zumbo? What's Zumbo Secundus like?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Is Zumbo Secundus the Cow to your Chicken?

chakz

[/QUOTE]
Sorry man, wrong answer.

Anyway, welcome aboard and all that. Be sure to check out the IRC when you've got some free time.[/QUOTE]

Heat vision. from. space.

I think I'm gonna like zumbo. I too am not a fan of cow and chicken. And though I respect ed, edd, and eddy, I can't say I liked it.

Supes would just calm him down, and that's why he's lame... Bats would put him in a head lock and make him say "Uncle!"

Actually he beat hulk by punching him in the face alot.

Shannow

Shannow

How are things at Yosh! and Twokinds going?

...are you a true furry?

Shannow

Shannow

Amorous Eyes said:
Actually Batman has a damn plan (and backup plan) with all the required weapons to take down every DC hero should they go rogue.

Funnily, this didnt help when Hal Jordan went apeshit.
[/QUOTE]

One of the best instances to show this is the JLA: Tower of Babel story.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

You guys suck at this.

So, we really don't know anything about Zumbo still.. I guess it's up to me to ask the..probing..questions ;)

Age? Sex? Location? Single? Do you work?

Shannow

Shannow

You guys suck at this.

So, we really don't know anything about Zumbo still.. I guess it's up to me to ask the..probing..questions ;)

Age? Sex? Location? Single? Do you work?

19...male..ontario..single, not sure, my psychic powers only show me that if he werent, it would be a boyfriend...student.

Call that a wild guess.

Wait...another premonition just came to me...avid gamer...even does dead pace fan art, self confessed troll...anime watcher...and...wait...probable furry.

Wow, where did all those come from!?

bhamv3

bhamv3

Don't get her wet either.[/QUOTE]

*decides not to make the obvious joke*

Kitty Sinatra

Dammit. Bhamv beat me to it. Stop being so juvenile, bhamv3!

wikked

I'm not exactly new, but have been only reading the forum on and off since the halfpixel days. Even then I was more of a lurker then a regular poster.

Glad to see everyone seems to be doing well and see you all on the forum.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Yo

Dave

Dave

Well hello! Glad to see you are doing well, too!

tegid

tegid

Hey hey! Get your forum names straight! It's HalforumS!

Just kidding. Welcome back!

Shadazz

Hello,
I'm Chloe. You can call me that if you so wish.
I'm eighteen, I live in the United States of Australia.
We ride kangaroos.

Hope to be a good addition to this community. :D

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

What's with the avatar?

Shadazz

Hello to you too.
You're referring to the Antichrist symbol? What's wrong with that?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Curious why you'd use it.

Philosopher B.

Yo yo yo, Cloe. Welcome to the crib.

Also, I thought the inverted cross wasn't originally considered demonic?

Shadazz

Curious why you'd use it.
Simply a placeholder while I found my proper avatar, as I don't like the default images! ;)
I am in no way anti-religion, or satanic. I'm just a creeper.

Yo yo yo, Cloe. Welcome to the crib.

Also, I thought the inverted cross wasn't originally considered demonic?
Yup, originally a Christian symbol, the Cross of St. Peter. In no way actually satanic or demonic in any way, but hey, nowadays it's very much associated with it due to movie culture. :3

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Welcome to the madness.

Besides imagery that has now been replaced with... umm, uhh... a crow, I think... what else makes you a creeper?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Hello.

chakz

Allright you know the drill, get em boys.

Shadazz

Hm. Mainly because I look like a ten year old boy, am terrible at small talk and relationships, smoke like a chimney and constantly draw on myself in public. I bring up random facts about Star Wars at the worst times, my idol is a junkie, and I live alone with my cat who I have full conversations with as if it were a human being. Of course, it just meows and only loves me because I give it food and water, but heck.

Most people get it from my weird sense of fashion.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Here's hoping you post in the "Here's what I look like" thread.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I didn't want to be the first person to say it. :D

Welcome, watch out for grues, hope you have a great time here. :)

Shadazz

Done and done! :D

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

And you introduce yourself with a lie. I see no 10yr old boy in your picture post. Icarus will be sorely displeased, I however, am not.

Shadazz

I'll take that as a compliment! Glad I didn't disappoint someone.

Chazwozel

Welcome to the forums. I'm Chazwozel, your resident asshole.

Chazwozel

I'm not exactly new, but have been only reading the forum on and off since the halfpixel days. Even then I was more of a lurker then a regular poster.

Glad to see everyone seems to be doing well and see you all on the forum.

Chazwozel demands avatar picture! Oh and hi.

Creature

Hey all. I decided to quit lurking and join. I'm 23, a female, and a graduate student. I live in close proximity to a swamp. I'm disguted by and terrified of many aquatic creatures. If there is anything else you want to know, just ask.

Ross

Ross

What's your education in?

Dave

Dave

As Introduce Yourself topics go, living in "close proximity to a swamp" and "disgusted by and terrified of many aquatic creatures" are two of the most random things I've ever read. Nicely done!

Dave

Dave

Yes, welcome.

And Chaz is an asshole. :p

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Oh my God did that elephant make me laugh. I think I like you already ^^

Do you play any instrument that could be accompanied by, say, a ukulele? :D

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yes, yes he is.

Also, I'm blind as a blindfolded bat whose just had a flashlight go up in his face... and I still wouldn't mistake you for a ten-year-old boy.

Creature

Ross-My education is in geology :)

Dave-Haha thanks. I really dislike anything that is poisonous/slimy or has tentacles, multiple rows of teeth, stingers (etc) that is also capable of lurking in water. Dolphins are okay. Squids, eels, sharks, fish in general, octopi/uses (Not sure which is correct) and jellyfish are not.

North_Ranger-I can play guitar and piano well enough to make it sound like I know what I'm doing to someone who doesn't know music, but really, I'm not good at either ;). The only purpose my violin has served is to gather dust, though I really want to take lessons. I can sing, though :D

Shadazz

Someone's a fan of Three Eleven.

Dave

Dave

You know, my wife has the same issue with fish and Thing Which Live Below the Sea. She wants to go to Ireland someday, but doesn't want to fly there because if the plane were to go down she doesn't want the fish to eat her. Which to me is just weird.

Chazwozel

Ross-My education is in geology :)

Dave-Haha thanks. I really dislike anything that is poisonous/slimy or has tentacles, multiple rows of teeth, stingers (etc) that is also capable of lurking in water. Dolphins are okay. Squids, eels, sharks, fish in general, octopi/uses (Not sure which is correct) and jellyfish are not.

North_Ranger-I can play guitar and piano well enough to make it sound like I know what I'm doing to someone who doesn't know music, but really, I'm not good at either ;). The only purpose my violin has served is to gather dust, though I really want to take lessons. I can sing, though :D
Geology, nice. You and fade will get along well.

Chazwozel

Yes, welcome.

But I'm one of those assholes with a heart of gold. <glimmer>

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yes, welcome.

But I'm one of those assholes with a heart of gold. <glimmer>[/QUOTE]

It's only plated.

WELCOME! :) I hope you like it here.

Creature

Someone's a fan of Three Eleven.
Love 311. I got to see them and Snoop in concert last summer. It was great.

You know, my wife has the same issue with fish and Thing Which Live Below the Sea. She wants to go to Ireland someday, but doesn't want to fly there because if the plane were to go down she doesn't want the fish to eat her. Which to me is just weird.
She understands me.

Cajungal

Cajungal

South Louisiana?! Hello, neighbor with the makes-me-smile avatar. I hope you have fun here. :D

Hylian

Hylian

Hello :)

Hylian

Hylian

Welcome to the insanity that is Halforums :)

Hylian

Hylian

Hello :)

I hope you enjoy your further stay in the insanity that is Halforums :loco:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

We ride kangaroos.
Sweet.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Welcomes and hellos.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Nice to have another Louisiana gal here.

You mentioned in another post that you like Lafayette. Have you ever been to Downtown Alive or Festival International?

Terrik

Terrik

Welcome to the forum :)

Creature

Nice to have another Louisiana gal here.

You mentioned in another post that you like Lafayette. Have you ever been to Downtown Alive or Festival International?
I've never been to Downtown Alive, but I have been to Festival International, and I LOVED it. Love love love!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm going this year--maybe we'll cross paths. :D

Philosopher B.

Lots of new faces about these days. Hello and welcome to the crib. Happy posting!

fade

fade

[strike]Uh oh. I'm filled with a sudden sense of dread that real life has crossed into my magic happy playland....

Be right back. Have to edit, like, ALL my posts.[/strike]

I mean, Hello!

bhamv3

bhamv3

Welcome to the forums, hope you have a great time here, we'll try to give you time to settle before creeping you out. :)

Also, I too love your elephant.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Greetings!
/

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Huh. You done something with your hair, Shegs? There's something new about you in that pic :p

Creature

[strike]Uh oh. I'm filled with a sudden sense of dread that real life has crossed into my magic happy playland....

I mean, Hello!

What? Dread? I honestly don't think I know you at all. Are you in Louisiana too? I live in the southeast, near New Orleans. Someone else said you like geology though. That's pretty ironic. I can leave if you like, though. Plenty of other forums out there.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I'm pretty sure Fade meant his previously unchallenged geology specialty will now be under expert scrutiny, which means he has to go back and check all his previous posts for errors. :)

Don't leave! Please!

Creature

I'm pretty sure Fade meant his previously unchallenged geology specialty will now be under expert scrutiny, which means he has to go back and check all his previous posts for errors. :)

Don't leave! Please!
Haha I'm no expert. I'm just starting school this semester after taking a break. Lots of cobwebs and dust in my brain right now.

fade

fade

I mean, Hello!

What? Dread? I honestly don't think I know you at all. Are you in Louisiana too? I live in the southeast, near New Orleans. Someone else said you like geology though. That's pretty ironic. I can leave if you like, though. Plenty of other forums out there.[/QUOTE]

Phew. Thought you were one of the students at this University. Some of them know about my comic, and I thought they followed the forum link here. (I'm a geology professor, possibly in Louisiana. Just saying.)

Twitch

Fade, relieved that this didn't seem to be a student, logged off for the night and went to sleep. When he rose the next morning he approached his closet and carefully selected his best pipe and tweed jacket. Hastily applying a bow tie he went for the door and drove to the campus, humming a nice little song about kinds of rocks. When he got the lecture hall he relaxed into his chair and, waiting for people to arrive, fiddled with the various ores and minerals laying about on his desk. The first student that walked in was new, probably a grad student around the age of 22 to 24. He nodded as she entered and busied himself among his notes. As people poured in he approached the rear of the hall, and looking outside just once for stragglers, closed the door. When he turned his heart stopped. Staring at him with terrified eyes was a face. A face he knew all too well. This face was nestled snugly between the edge of a laptop screen and bright blue words. Words that he stammered from his mouth...

"H-h-h-halforums!"

Creature

A geology professor? That's sweet. I may ask you a question or two about geology, but don't fear me. I'm all about the anonymity.

Twitch, thats funny hehe. I don't know any songs about rocks though... that would be kind of awesome if they had some.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

This is the closest thing I can think about right now:

50% of the lyrics are "Rock". Pretty impressive.

EDIT: Wait, no! Much more than 50%! Theres two "rocks" for every "robot"!

Twitch

I don't know any songs about rocks though...
Everything I understood about Geology is a lie...

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

We ride kangaroos.
Sweet.[/QUOTE]

I know right? All I get to do is drive a car. :(

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I admittedly don't know much about Australia. What are some uniquely Aussie (can I say that) things you love? that you hate? That I wouldn't know about from my meticulous study of the Crocodile Dundee trilogy?

Baerdog

Baerdog

What part of Australia do you live in? I did a trip down the east coast from Cairns to Sydney about 10 years back and had a blast. I still get occasional cravings for Violet Crumble and horrid flashbacks of Vegemite.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Here you go:

Chazwozel

Do you guys really call bullfrogs 'Chazwozels'. MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

chakz

Welcome to the madness.

Besides imagery that has now been replaced with... umm, uhh... a crow, I think... what else makes you a creeper?
How bout this. The crow is watching shego and kim make out. Apparently its a pervy crow?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

We ride kangaroos.
Sweet.[/QUOTE]

I know right? All I get to do is drive a car. :([/QUOTE]

Words can't describe how jealous I am.

Shadazz

I admittedly don't know much about Australia. What are some uniquely Aussie (can I say that) things you love? that you hate? That I wouldn't know about from my meticulous study of the Crocodile Dundee trilogy?
We have huge cities, not dusty shitholes of towns. Although nothing compared to New York or anything. We have a population of roughly 24 million. We were founded by the British originally as a big fucking floating jail for convicts, since their shit was full. I've never seen a kangaroo in my life, or a crocodile, outside of a Zoo. You can have sex when you're sixteen, you can drink when you're eighteen and smoke too. Everywhere I go, I see cats. It's fucking catland, it is.

What part of Australia do you live in? I did a trip down the east coast from Cairns to Sydney about 10 years back and had a blast. I still get occasional cravings for Violet Crumble and horrid flashbacks of Vegemite.
Far away from any of that, I live in Perth, Western Australia. Vegemite is horrible, they have a new Vegemite and Cheese flavour called iSnack 2.0, trendy riat? And if you play your cards right, I'll mail you some Violet Crumble.

Do you guys really call bullfrogs 'Chazwozels'. MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Nope, pretty sure we call them Bullfrogs, although I've never seen any before.. Cane Toads on the other hand.. we're encouraged to kill the fucking huge poisonous little fuckers.

Vagabond

V.Bond

Australia has awesome automobiles.

I'm told you either root for Ford or Holden there.

But I'm probably wrong.

Shadazz

Australia has awesome automobiles.

I'm told you either root for Ford or Holden there.

But I'm probably wrong.
True, but mainly bogans.
Most people just go for what looks shiniest.

Vagabond

V.Bond

Bogan.

Thanks for the awesome new word that I will immediately overuse.

Shadazz

Bogan.

Thanks for the awesome new word that I will immediately overuse.
That's what we call people who walk around in thongs (we call flip-flops thongs, yes. Really. We call the underpants g-strings) with short pants on and singlets and swear at everything with a bottle of piss in their hand.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm guessing you prefer the white backround?

Wahad

Wahad

Hey whereabouts (i.e. in what state) of Oz do you live? My dad's up in NSW. I've been there once and Australians are some of the most relaxed people I've ever met. Welcome!

Dave

Dave

I live in Perth, Western Australia.
Hey whereabouts (i.e. in what state) of Oz do you live? My dad's up in NSW. I've been there once and Australians are some of the most relaxed people I've ever met. Welcome!
:)

MindDetective

MindDetective

I lived in Geraldton when I was a kid (age 4 to 6) and then the suburbs of Sydney from 6 to 10. I miss that place. Belated welcome.

Shadazz

Excuse me?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Excuse me?[/QUOTE]

Shego made you a new avatar with a transparent background http://www.halforums.com/forum/showthread.php?11642-Howdy-Pardners&p=331565&viewfull=1#post331565

Shadazz

Excuse me?[/QUOTE]

Shego made you a new avatar with a transparent background http://www.halforums.com/forum/showthread.php?11642-Howdy-Pardners&p=331565&viewfull=1#post331565[/QUOTE]

Oh, shucks. I must've missed that. Thanks Shego!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

In the non dark theme, those white backgrounds can't be seen though. If I hadn't seen Shego making another white bg disappear for another user, I wouldn't have understood what she meant with
Here you go:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Well, now I'm just going to go look at my car and cry.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Well, now I'm just going to go look at my car and cry.
Can I have it, if you don't want it?

darkangel6988

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello since I'm new here. I've been trying to post a profile pic or an avatar of myself but it tells me my pixels are too big. Any help would be appreciated .

Anyway I'm 28 year old Female from Montreal Canada but have been living in the US for 4 years with my husband who is in the army....We've lived in Georgia, Texas and Washington and now he is currently away at school till May and then we will be living in New York , I'ts been alot to move aruond so much but interesting to see the United States.....I'm currently in Montreal Canada waiting for my hubby to get back and I have to say I miss the US very much it's just so much better there! Anyhow I'm not sure how this all works but it seems interesting or even if I'll be staying around but I was told I should introduce myself so here it is.....

Also wanted to see if anyone could help me with my profile/avatar pic.Hopefully I can get that working soon.

Anyway nice to be here and hope everyone has a great night :)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm a man of wealth and taste.

callistarya

Hey, there. I'm Callistarya, but everyone calls me Calli. I usually go to my Fiance Tinwhistler for advice for the pics and stuff. I'll let him know your dilemma and maybe he'll post something helpful for ya! Nice to meet you BTW!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

hiya!

if you don't have photoshop to resize, you can probably do it for free on the web at http://www.picnik.com/
the avatars need to be 150x150 pixels, i think.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

150x200

Kitty Sinatra

or smaller.

And not animated.

Also: welcome.

Dusty668

MS paint can do it too.

BTW Howdy do!

darkangel6988

I finally figured it out. Thanks nice to be here.

Espy

Espy

Nice to have you hear darkangel! Glad you are enjoying the USofA and getting to see so much of it! Where in Texas where you guys? How'd you find this den of iniquity?

Also, I want to apologize for Allen. He's not really a man of wealth and taste.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I am if your definitions of "wealth" and "taste" are very lenient.

darkangel6988

We were at FT hood texas which is in Killeen ...........was kinda shitty but I liked the weather......But it's kinda cool here so I'll think about staying awhile until i go back to the US. We will be going to New York Next......I'm in Montreal canada right now. Just trying to pass time till my hubby gets back from school.

thanks for the welcome :)

Sorry if my reply is a lil stiff I'm slightly exhausted and miserable right now lol!

Espy

Espy

No worries, I hear you exhausted. As a fellow military spouse (well, former, she just got out a month ago after 9 years in!) I understand how awesome and hard it can be. Theres a couple around here as well. Glad you are letting us entertain you, these guys kept me company during 2 deployments and thank god for that.

Also: Allen, what makes you think I was referring to the parts about wealth and taste?

ZING!

darkangel6988

Yeah u always gotta have something to do to keep u occupied......Or else time can linger forever..I feel lucky hes just in school in arizona rather then a war zone!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Also: Allen, what makes you think I was referring to the parts about wealth and taste?

ZING!

Espy

Espy

Yeah u always gotta have something to do to keep u occupied......Or else time can linger forever..I feel lucky hes just in school in arizona rather then a war zone!
Yeah, we got pretty lucky, she was in Kosovo both times so thankfully nothing other than boredom to bother her when she was deployed. How'd you find halforum?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hello there! :)

bhamv3

bhamv3

Hey there, welcome to the forum, hope you have a great time here, watch out for grues. :)

Also, do you ever ask your husband to dress up in his uniform? I hear women love men in uniform...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Hello, welcome, have fun around here, and for the love of God, DON'T MENTION STEAKS! :Leyla:

As for being a military spouse, I challenge you to break Espy's record for the tallest tale about post-deployment meet-up ;)

Also, what are your opinions on sauna, pants and Blackadder? Separate or in conjunction with one another.

darkangel6988

Yeah, we got pretty lucky, she was in Kosovo both times so thankfully nothing other than boredom to bother her when she was deployed. How'd you find halforum?[/QUOTE]
It's funny how I found half forums... I decided out of boredom to google it....and it brought me here lol :) I wasn't gonna stay but I find it rather entertaining and I'm kinda in need of some entertainment. so here I am..... Funny how you people can just remember random things and they lead you to something fun and new :)

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Hey there, welcome to the forum, hope you have a great time here, watch out for grues. :)

Also, do you ever ask your husband to dress up in his uniform? I hear women love men in uniform...
Thanks for the Welcome and no I don't ask my husband to dress up in his uniform lol......To be real honest I see it enough that I'd rather see him in regular clothes. Women do love men in uniform and I loved it at first but after 4 years of starring at ACU'S I'm about done with it ! It's nice to see him in his normal jeans and tshirt.

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Hello, welcome, have fun around here, and for the love of God, DON'T MENTION STEAKS! :Leyla:

As for being a military spouse, I challenge you to break Espy's record for the tallest tale about post-deployment meet-up ;)

Also, what are your opinions on sauna, pants and Blackadder? Separate or in conjunction with one another.
I will try hard not to mention st...... shhhhhh lol !
I would love to hear Espy's record for the tallest tale about post deployment meet up ....Sounds very interesting........I don't think I could break anyone's record though I may be an army wife but I haven't had to suffer and go thru as much as one's have.
Although It's a fascinating story how I met my husband lol ......It always makes everyone's mouth drop . I'll save that story for another time though lol.

As for my opinion on Sauna's they are fabulous and a great way to sweat of the bloat......I personally Love them especially after a night of drinking . Although once it gets to hot in there I'm out lol .

As for pants........Love em btu hate em.......Prefer Capri's myself or sometimes maybe skirts......Love em in the winter keeps ya warm but hate how I'm so short all my pants are too long it's just an extra trip to the tailor to have them fixed lol

As well Blackadder you lost me there lol hope i did a good job answering though lol

Have a great day thanks for the welcome :)

Espy

Espy

I wouldn't normally discuss this, North Ranger does most of my PR around here, but... Nr, you of all people know it's not a "tall tale". I posted proof :)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Greetings, pleased to meet you. I am the Gas Bandit, the official forum pariah, hatemonger, jerk, sociopath, and greedy enslaver of the poor. In the interests of us interacting without me abruptly inserting kitchenware through your vital organs, I would deeply appreciate it if you could spend extra effort to type out "you" and "your" instead of "u" and "ur." Not only will it help retain my fragile grip on sanity and civility, but it will have the added bonus of making people consider your words to have more gravity than they would otherwise.

Kitty Sinatra

:(

bhamv3

bhamv3

:([/QUOTE]

Except the kitty grue. He's lovable. :)

Chippy

Chippy

It's a little creepy that you bring that up so much.

Espy

Espy

It's a little creepy that you bring that up so much.[/QUOTE]

It's just the only memorable thing about me that NR remembers. :(

Wait... :hmmm:

I guess I'm cool with that :cool:

darkangel6988

I'm confused lol !

Kitty Sinatra

One time when espy's wife returned home from service they broke the bed.

Well, that was probably the most boring way I could've told that story.

Dave

Dave

Literally. Broke. The. Bed.

Broke it.

Bam.

Espy

Espy

In all fairness, the bed was merely the strongest of welded metals, the kind no mere mortal could ever damage.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Hey DarkAngel, long time no talk. Good to see things between you and your husband are going well. Welcome to the madhouse by the way :)

Dave

Dave

Yay! Now I don't have to keep secrets any more!

Just being as awesome (and random and drama!) as DocSeverin is is all anyone needs to drive traffic here!

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Hey, I just drove by/through Ft Hood/Killeen today going back to Austin! Texas ruuuuules :D

Docseverin

Docseverin

Yay! Now I don't have to keep secrets any more!

Just being as awesome (and random and drama!) as DocSeverin is is all anyone needs to drive traffic here!
Drama? I do not support the Llama! But I know that you in fact fornicated with said farm animal.

Chibibar

Ahoy. I'm your token Asian (hehe we had more) I try to be the logical Asian who can't spell or phrase word correctly :) but always willing to listen and even change side if you give me a good reference/backup to your argument.

Edit: I think we have like 3?

Dusty668

Literally. Broke. The. Bed.

Broke it.

Bam.
Shoo I've broken like half a dozen beds myself. I hate to think what would have happened if anyone else was in the bed with me.

:wub:

darkangel6988

WOW i'm so lost ........YAY doc my long lost lil internet friend haha! Anyhow that's all i got I need coffee to continue this .
Good job breaking the bed, if that is the record I'm being asked to break when my husband gets back lol I'll make sure to triple that I'll even break the kitchen table hahaha. Have a great night be back after my body gets coffee. I have a long night of waiting to do again........YAY 88 days lol !

bhamv3

bhamv3

Ahoy. I'm your token Asian (hehe we had more) I try to be the logical Asian who can't spell or phrase word correctly :) but always willing to listen and even change side if you give me a good reference/backup to your argument.

*raises hand* I'm number 2.

Calleja

Calleja

no, I'M spartacus!

bhamv3

bhamv3

No, you're the Mex. Or the Skydiver. Or the Beatles Guy.

Notice I didn't mention your other nickname. :D

(You know I love you. :))

Calleja

Calleja

why won't you ever let me be spartacuuuus?! WHYYY!?

Kitty Sinatra

We don't wanna see you crucified. But now? Yeah, go get nailed.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I would have warned you about the excruciatingly horrible pun-play that happens on these boards, but you're already here, and probably regretting it. Enjoy your time around, dogg. I'm the resident party guy / alcoholic (according to Mav, at least).

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I'm a dude with weird english and weird jokes that are mostly not funny. I sometimes post ms paint drawings as answers, especially if I'm drunk.

And you'll find me in most sad panda threads!

Ain't I adorable?

darkangel6988

LOL .......That's all i have for everyone who has posted anything since I last checked.....I'm insanely confused and half asleep ! Never thought this thread would continue for so long ! Nice meeting all of you. I'll try to remember everything ya'll have told me to look out for but that prolly won't happen but it's worth a try !

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm just another member; nothing speciual about me except that some people claim I'm continuously flirting with all the women here. That's not true, though, I only flirt with the cute and funny ones. Which happens to be, well, all of those on this board. Welcome!

Gusto

Gusto

I'm the resident party guy / alcoholic (according to Mav, at least).
Guy needs to pay closer attention.

Also: Hey. :) Welcome to the place.

darkangel6988

Thanks for the welcome......:) U need to go to the chatroom and amp it up a bit it's dying slowly !

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I'm just another member; nothing speciual about me except that some people claim I'm continuously flirting with all the women here. That's not true, though, I only flirt with the cute and funny ones. Which happens to be, well, all of those on this board. Welcome!
Lol Ladies Man huh !

Kitty Sinatra

He also flirts with some of the guys here too. Well, he used to :tear:

Math242

Math242

he also flirts with random animals, inanimate objects and grues.

darkangel6988

fascinating !

Chazwozel

Chazwozel signing in. Welcome to the forum. I'm your resident asshole. Pleased to make your acquaintance.

darkangel6988

Chazwozel signing in. Welcome to the forum. I'm your resident asshole. Pleased to make your acquaintance.
Yeah I learnt that in the rant section where u had balls to call a woman a whiney bitch.

SO flipping excited to meet you ......not really!~

Kitty Sinatra

At least he's honest, eh? :)

darkangel6988

no comment , Gruebeard hehe........Ur kitty makes me giggle !

Chazwozel

Yeah I learnt that in the rant section where u had balls to call a woman a whiney bitch.

SO flipping excited to meet you ......not really!~[/QUOTE]

Do I smell the formation of a new cyber-sister coalition?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Don't mind Grue and Mathk... I only flirt with -very special- grues, inanimate objects, and animals; not random ones.

Also, Gruey, I still love you, I just haven't had a lot of time lately (and this week isn't looking too good either) so I haven't been keeping up with General :-( Don't say it's my fault! I still want us to be together! You know you're the only Grue for me!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well maybe if you showed a little leg...

darkangel6988

Well maybe if you showed a little leg...[/QUOTE]

LOL !

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Don't mind Grue and Mathk... I only flirt with -very special- grues, inanimate objects, and animals; not random ones.

Also, Gruey, I still love you, I just haven't had a lot of time lately (and this week isn't looking too good either) so I haven't been keeping up with General :-( Don't say it's my fault! I still want us to be together! You know you're the only Grue for me!
Aww how sweet!

Calleja

Calleja

Wait, so a grue isn't an inanimate object nor an animal?

That leaves only one option! GRUES ARE REALLY DARK-LOVING CARNIVORE PLANTS!! www.dramabutton.com

Kitty Sinatra

I better be the only grue for you!

Cause if I ever see you getting all owly with any of those other grues, I'm gonna go all zombie on your ankle brains.

darkangel6988

Wait, so a grue isn't an inanimate object nor an animal?

That leaves only one option! GRUES ARE REALLY DARK-LOVING CARNIVORE PLANTS!! www.dramabutton.com
Ya had to use the drama button huh lol !

Dave

Dave

What does the "6988" mean? You aren't old enough to have graduated in 1988 and too young to have been born then so those don't make sense. I want to believe I know what the 69 is for. :unibrow:

darkangel6988

What does the "6988" mean? You aren't old enough to have graduated in 1988 and too young to have been born then so those don't make sense. I want to believe I know what the 69 is for. :unibrow:
You know what the 69 is for lol......... Back in high school we used to yell these two things out to irritate the teacher my friend and I that is......

Wine Em ! Dine Em! 69 EM lol ! and
Ain't Nothing greater than an 88er lol

:sneaky::blush:

How's that for ya Dave lol !

Oh and that's prolly the reason we need to get the word Angel outta my name :D
I also will anticipate you to visit my AMA post cuz u always have the wisest questions dave !

Dave

Dave

I guess I still don't get the "88er" reference even though I assume it has to do with oral sex also.

darkangel6988

I guess I still don't get the "88er" reference even though I assume it has to do with oral sex also.
I dont remember what it is......but it was something sexual someone in my class thought of....... I just know we used to get the teacher to say.........I"M FED UP OF ALL THIS PUTZING WHAT NOT BULLSHITTING anytime we used those two lines and that was a great experience lol !

fade

fade

*raises hand* I'm number 2.[/QUOTE]

bhamv, you're not a real Asian. You spell everything right and pluralize words correctly. Now, Chibi on the other hand...

I keed, I keed.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I dont remember what it is......but it was something sexual someone in my class thought of....... I just know we used to get the teacher to say.........I"M FED UP OF ALL THIS PUTZING WHAT NOT BULLSHITTING anytime we used those two lines and that was a great experience lol ![/QUOTE]

6977 works. A 77 is better than a 69. Because, you get 8 more.

tegid

tegid

88 sounds like it has something to do with boobs against boobs or something.

Dave

Dave

So 6988 is all about the LESBIAN sex?

Go on.....

darkangel6988

I dont know lol!

tegid

tegid

Come on, you can admit it, we're all friends here :unibrow:

darkangel6988

Yeah nothing to admit.....It's not about lesbian sex for me lol ! Not into that. Sorry to dissapoint :)

Kodemunkey

Hello, i'm a longtime fan of the Angels, and figured it was about time i registered on the forum.

I'm working on a science fiction novel, as well as a photography degree in real life.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Oh man, one of my good friends is a Photography major! And I think it's hella fascinating. What do you wanna do?

bhamv3

bhamv3

Hi there, welcome to the forums, please watch out for grues. Hope you have a great time here. :)

Dave

Dave

Welcome! What kind of photography do you like to do?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Do you love me? If so, I'll let you tell me your name.

Dusty668

Howdy Do!

Kodemunkey

Do you love me? If so, I'll let you tell me your name.
Well, i think we should take things slowly, y'know, a nice walk on the beach, perhaps dinner..

I'm working through a foundation degree in photography, hoping to do an honours degree in either fine art or commerical advertising, i'm also a freelance photographer.

Disconnected

*wave*
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys n' Girls,
so here's the new me! but who was I before? enh, it doesn't matter now. I've perused the forums for some time and survived the nuke, and server transfers. Always watching, just watching... you. Yes you. Rarely did I partake in the reindeer games but when I did I let forum rage win and could not believe some of the stuff that came out.

I abandoned the ol' avatar/nick and just decided best to be the no B.S. me. And I figured the forum is big enough for a guy of my large carriage that I can find a nice thread or two to post in. I've found myself browsing around a lot lately with my spare time at work and It's a nice distraction reading stuff around here. Oh and I plan to wage war as the oldest person posting here.

You can ask me anything you want but be warned I simply won't answer some stuff.

Baerdog

Baerdog

So are you one of JCM's alts?

Just kidding, welcome to the forum. :biggrin:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Welcome aboard, try not to be an ass.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I know who you are. :slywink:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, man, I wanna know who you were before.

Nice to see you. What's your favorite book/movie/video game?

Disconnected

I am impressed it didn't take long to figure me out. I shoulda known you were all spies! filthy russian spies!

I will do my best to not let my assness take over.

cajungal - you don't want to know who i was before. I was mostly ass and knee-jerk but I took some classes and found my calm etc.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Aw, man. Well, welcome again. :) I hope you enjoy your reincarnation.

Dave

Dave

Good to see you! Whomever you are. You want to be a new person I totally respect that. I'm glad you didn't just write us all off as lost causes...

Disconnected

thanks Dave. soul searching, marriage issues, and life clickin back into place is all it took lol.
write you off? nah too funny to give up, plus i can now share stories with someone there at the time of the big bang.

Fun Size

Fun Size

At the big bang? It was actually set off when he bent over too fast and his flappy hooties smacked together too hard.

Oh, and hello there.

Disconnected

hi fun size. i find your blog is intriguing and enjoyable

Also - I'm not sure if i'm happy i was behind him at the time of the hootie smacking incident or not.

Calleja

Calleja

JANISSARY IS BACK!!

((is he janissary?))

Jake

Jake

Purple Chair?

Chazwozel

Hi Crone?

Calleja

Calleja

Invader?

fade

fade

Scott Kurtz?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

*enjoys watching the guessing game*

fade

fade

M-80?

EDIT: Nah, I just saw "oldest person here".

Calleja

Calleja

Joe Keatinge!!

Dave

Dave

For the record, I checked IP addresses.

1) You guys aren't going to guess who it is.
2) I'm not telling. He has a right to his privacy.
3) I didn't think he was a dick and I don't think anyone else did.

fade

fade

By that argument, I would guess it was someone who didn't post very much.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

"Guy" could be a red herring. Could be someone like ZenMonkey.

Calleja

Calleja

You do realize that by right off the bat saying "I used to be someone else" you shoot in the foot any chances of people looking past it and accepting the new handle without more questions, right?

Right?

We're a curious bunch.

Disconnected

Yep. Curious indeed!

As for looking past it, some people will some people won't, not for me to worry about.

I had like maybe 15-20 posts before? some were troll-y, some were frustrated, some were just plain not the 'real me'. no more preconceptions and made up for my amusement type of posts.

Calleja

Calleja

Well, I dunno dude... I'm not trying to be trolly myself or anything, but if you truly were looking to just have a clean start what stopped you from saying "hey, long time lurker, first time poster!" and we would have never given it a second thought. So if you really don't care, why poke everyone with that whole "I used to be an ass, you don't want to know" thing.

just sayin'

Anyway, hope you have a good time 'round these here forums, and welcome back.

Kitty Sinatra

It's me, isn't it? I've been off my meds all week and my personality has split at least 3 ways that I've discovered. Now 4 counting Disconnected.

Calleja

Calleja

The United States of Gruebeard.

Sound like a rip-off to me, to be honest.

Philosopher B.

I had like maybe 15-20 posts before
That rules out l33tn00b.

Anywoo - Favorite book? Favorite comedy movie?

Gusto

Gusto

1) You guys aren't going to guess who it is.
2) I'm not telling. He has a right to his privacy.
3) I didn't think he was a dick and I don't think anyone else did.
Hahaha, I did this IMMEDIATELY. :)

Only because I had a guess and it turned out to be wrong.

Disconnected

I had like maybe 15-20 posts before
That rules out l33tn00b.

Anywoo - Favorite book? Favorite comedy movie?
Hmm my fav movie is always changing. I've always been a mel brooks fan and blazing saddles always cheers me up so I'd have to go with that. Though everyone tells me to see 'the hangover'
As for book... I don't read all that much, actually can't remember the last book I read right now :/

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I'm putting my money on Disconnected being Yavaux.

.... no? crap. ok. Not Yavaux.

Disconnected said:
....everyone tells me to see 'the hangover'
Don't see the hangover.

Espy

Espy

See the Hangover. Trust me. Not Cthulu up there. Totally untrustworthy.

Dave

Dave

See The Hangover. Trust in the Epy.

Espy

Espy

WHAT THE HELL IS AN EPY :angry:

Dave

Dave

It's like an Espy only it has laughed its S off.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

*soothes the smoking baby*

It's ok. Cthulu will make it all better.

Espy

Espy

Attachments

Disconnected

Holy shit I love that picture!

Calleja

Calleja

It's missing the cigarette, though.

Espy

Espy

Thanks, I was staring into the abyss of madness. I thought the lighting was really nice.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

*soothes the smoking baby*

It's ok. Cthulu will make it all better.[/QUOTE]

There's only one true Cthulu avatar, and it's Littlesin. :humph:

bhamv3

bhamv3

THE MADNESS
Madness?

Also, welcome.

Calleja

Calleja

Whoa, there's a meme I hadn't seen in a while. It is sorta kinda funny in a nostalgic way.

But just this once.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Damn, a mystery to be solved and no Hercule Poirot in sight. Also, don't mind me, I'm slightly tipsy from the brandy and tea I've been drinking to suppress my cough.

Welcome... stranger.

Andromache

Tiq?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Iaculus?

Disconnected

Hi North_Ranger, Crone and sixpackshaker

also: no and no

Andromache

Mabel?

Cajungal

Cajungal

:cry:

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

w'sup?

Andromache

although I read the thread, (see sig) I[STRIKE] have no idea who Mabel is[/STRIKE], read the wiki and, well, I'd care about your hurt feelings, except that the High Bitch Counsel determined it was Shego's year to be the Chosen. and my capacity for giving a damn about fictional characters died when a certain teddy bear was drowned in the toilet. My heart is on lay away.

Null

Null

I see Tiq now and then on Facebook. He's apparently part of a gamer show out of Glasgow. Things seem to be going mostly okay for him, some days are better than others of course.

Kitty Sinatra

I'm guessing Neon Mav.

btw, Neon Maverick would be a sweet name. I vote for that for DarkAngel. (with a glowing Sarah Palin as the avatar)

Andromache

I'm guessing Neon Mav.

btw, Neon Maverick would be a sweet name. I vote for that for DarkAngel. (with a glowing Sarah Palin as the avatar)
I cant smack you. But if I could, I'd use a car, then a crowbar to rip out your teeth.

Andromache

that said yeah neon or mav.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I'm guessing Neon Mav.

I cant smack you. But if I could, I'd use a car, then a crowbar to rip out your teeth.[/QUOTE]

Then, a little bit of cilantro on top, just for flavour. Nothing fancy.

Kitty Sinatra

I don't understand that response. Neon Maverick would be a cool name. Is it the avatar suggestion? We could instead outfit an F-14 with that neon shit that street racers seem to like (according to my video games).

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

I'm actually tempted to outfit my hat with that neon shit.

Disconnected

If any of those people are living in canada and has 3 (mostly grown) children then I could possibly be them but I hope not.

Kitty Sinatra

Oh. Eriol.

Howdy!

Calleja

Calleja

his boy Elroy?

Andromache

Oh. Eriol.

Howdy!
who?

Wasabi Poptart

If any of those people are living in canada and has 3 (mostly grown) children then I could possibly be them but I hope not.
I remember your story but not your nick from the little hints you're dropping. Welcome back...I think. ;)

Null

Null

Eloi? Needs more Morlocks.

fade

fade

If he only had 15-20 posts, I'm kind of doubtful I'd remember his original incarnation anyway. No offense.

Calleja

Calleja

If he only had 15-20 posts, I'm kind of doubtful I'd remember his original incarnation anyway. No offense.
Who are you?

Andromache

Who are you?[/QUOTE]

that's right. around these parts you're a no one unless you suffered some sor of freak sexual accident, or something.

Calleja

Calleja

Andromache

hmm. I think I see a Photoshop Battle coming up.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Welcome back?

Bowielee

Bowielee

LMAO, I love the filename of the picture. Scared caucasian baby.

Disconnected

Photoshop battle to the lens flare GO!

I once slipped in the tub and squished everything pretty fucking hard. does that count?

I also have gotten it in my eye once. totally unrelated to the above i swear.

fade

fade

Photoshop battle to the lens flare GO!

I once slipped in the tub and squished everything pretty fucking hard. does that count?

I also have gotten it in my eye once. totally unrelated to the above i swear.
But you can't be Calleja. He's right THERE!

Kitty Sinatra

Damn you, fade! I wanted to make that joke.

Calleja

Calleja

Getting it in your eye isn't that uncommon for those of us who actually experience naked time with other individuals, people, no matter how outraged your reaction here is.

Math242

Math242

well yeah, if you're a girl.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Getting it in your eye isn't that uncommon for those of us who actually experience naked time with other individuals, people, no matter how outraged your reaction here is.
I think they are more amused than outraged. But, come on guys, old joke is old!

Kitty Sinatra

old joke is old!
So is Dave. If we put the joke out to pasture, we'll have to do the same to him.

Haeri

Greetings, just joined the EVE corp so naturally signed up here too :)

Character name is Haeri, so I used it here too to avoid confusion! (This is the only place on the internet where I have used that name so any other posts anywhere by someone with the same name is not me!).

About me:
I live in Sweden, which is GMT+1 (1 hour ahead of UK obviously), but I'm sometimes and often up at strange hours, hehe. Currently on my first year studying to become a theoretical physicist, which is over soon, yeay. I'll gladly answer anything related to physics (or any science for that matter, even psychology and philosophy... love deep conversations). I live alone and have a long-distance relationship.

Don't know how much time I'll spend on these forums (haven't looked around much yet but I will), you'll have to convince me that this is the place to be on the interwebs :)

As an EVE player:
Started playing at launch.
Have quit and started again on different trials and subscriptions, but never stuck around for more than a few months. Hopefully I will this time (with the help from you guys in the corp) :).
Sometimes I get a lot of time over and can play a lot, other times I'm very busy.

I won't make this too long, any questions will be answered.

Talk to you soon!
/ Adam

darkangel6988

Have FUn! Enjoy ! and welcome......it's a very fascinating place we have here but I'll let someone else explain that to you :)

Dave

Dave

We're geeks. We talk. We play games. We argue over whether Picard or Kirk is the better captain. Kitties and puppies make us go "Daww!" and occasionally we argue.

Just don't mention steak.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

And welcome.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Picard, obviously. :humph:

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

But which Kirk are we comparing?

darkangel6988

STEAK! I was told not to mention this when I first got here and I've been here now for atleast 2 months so I'd like to know what that is about :)

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I pick the first pic with the dude in the dark shirt........YUMMY !

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Still Picard.

Hylian

Hylian

Picard and Sisko are my two favorite captains. Now which of those two is my absolute favorite? That is where I start having a hard time debating. Now as far as Kirk vs Picard battle goes. Picard wins every time

*edit*

oh and hi Haeri :biggrin:

Morphine

Morphine

So... yeah, I'm new.

I got here because Calleja is always showing me posts from this forum and I've had a couple of laughs so you've all grown on me now. :wub:

I'm also mexican and I don't know how to ride a burro.
I speak 3 languages, I have major trouble when trying to park a car, my head is always playing music, I like writing, reading, movies and I LOVE photography greatly.

Whoever guesses my age first gets two german food coupons and a funny image. =D

Hylian

Hylian

Welcome to the insanity that is Halforums :biggrin:

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Welcome to the pool. Swimsuit optional.

Baerdog

Baerdog

We're geeks. We talk. We play games. We argue over whether Picard or Kirk is the better captain. Kitties and puppies make us go "Daww!" and occasionally we argue.

Just don't mention steak.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

And welcome.
Sisko. And for the love of God, don't mention steak.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

What is the average air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Kirk is the greatest, all the rest are just cricketers!

Welcome Haeri! Can you get me Mat Sundins autograph?

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

a/s/l ?

Nah, I'm kidding. Welcome to halforums.

Hehehehe. "Swallow."

Morphine

Morphine

What do you mean? An African or a European swallow?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

What do you mean? An African or a European swallow?[/QUOTE]

=swoons=

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

What do you mean? An African or a European swallow?[/QUOTE]

:clap:

Dave

Dave

Manchita? Is that you?

Morphine

Morphine

No, but I'll take that as a compliment. (I like her)

Dave

Dave

Okay.I follow her on Twitter and know she's a pal of Calleja's.

darkangel6988

WHAT IS THE STEAKKKKKKKKKKKKK DEAL !

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hiya :)

Math242

Math242

don't mention Steak FFS !

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

You hush now!!!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

How'd you end up here?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Sweden, eh?

Jättetrevligt att träffa dig.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm guessing Ranger didn't bother reading the entire first post.

Null

Null

Welcome to Halforums.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

That is true. The situation has been remedied.

In my defence, I was distracted by the mask.

Haeri

Thank you, and everyone else! (Warmest welcome I've ever received on a forum :) )
Not sure about his autograph, lol. Never been much of a hockey fan.

Meh, all this mentioning of STEAK got me hungry, and it's 4 am :(

And Picard all the way.

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

Sweden, eh?

Finland!
Ei saa peittää (sp?) is all I know xD

Chippy

Chippy

Thank you, and everyone else! (Warmest welcome I've ever received on a forum :) )
Not sure about his autograph, lol. Never been much of a hockey fan.

Meh, all this mentioning of STEAK got me hungry, and it's 4 am :(

And Picard all the way.

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

Sweden, eh?

Finland!
Ei saa peittää (sp?) is all I know xD[/QUOTE]

Do not acknowledge him and his fake country.

Andromache

mmm, steak.

oh, hey, an EVE player!

o/

Andromache

waiiit. Someone using Calejanafrongafawna as a character reference?

This will not end without bloodshed, and many millions of tragically legless sheep.

Null

Null

That is true. The situation has been remedied.

In my defence, I was distracted by the mask.[/QUOTE]

I have to admit this was true for me also, and I'm not sure why.

Philosopher B.

It's a pretty mesmerizing mask.

Oh, yeah, welcome and all that. Pull up a chair, don't drink the water, and don't get near Dave when he's peeing.

Andromache

ive got to wonder if this was the person Caellejanafafana was waiting at the bar for?

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I don't think so. Callejamajig was making his posts while this one was saying hello. I'm thinking odds are no the same

Math242

Math242

oh fuck, we're all DOOMED (again)

darkangel6988

You hush now!!!

[/QUOTE]

Lol !!!!!!!! something about the dog makes the whole Hush thing and the YOUR SOUL SO TASTY seem kinda sweet and warm and fuzzy.......Cute lil guy !

Still wondering about the whole STEAK ORDEAL!

STEAK STEAK STEAK yummmmmmmmy lol !

tegid

tegid

Ooooh a physicist! I'm one myself!

What field/brach do you find most attractive?

(Welcome!)

Dave

Dave

Okay, I'll explain the steak thing. I tried to find the thread but for some reason I couldn't.

One of the most contentious threads we've ever had was about how people cook & eat their steak. It started simply enough, but then the camps of people who like it rare and the people who like it well done went to neutral corners and came out to fight the ponn farr. It eventually got locked and buried.

Andromache

yeah, I read the other thread, Ted.

Math242

Math242

party pooper

Morphine

Morphine

This will not end without bloodshed, and many millions of tragically legless sheep.
wai... wha... why?! ; _ ;

Fun Size

Fun Size

wai... wha... why?! ; _ ;[/QUOTE]

Oh it's not you. Everything with Crone ends that way.

Welcome.

Disconnected

So... yeah, I'm new.

*snip*

twentyseventeen

welcome.

Morphine

Morphine

So... yeah, I'm new.

*snip*

twentyseventeen

welcome.[/QUOTE]

Close, but wrong.

You get a funny gif anyway because you tried and mostly because it's been making me laugh for the last 15 minutes.

Seriously, I can't look at it without bursting into laughter.

Andromache

wai... wha... why?! ; _ ;[/QUOTE]

You clearly don't know the caliber of his legacy. Just ask the survivors of the 1805 Battle at Sheep stump's End,

Calleja

Calleja

....I had no idea Morphine was someone *I* knew!

I sort of guess who she is NOW, but I had no idea!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

party pooper
But... I thought he already had adult diapers?

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

Do not acknowledge him and his fake country.
Don't make me send a squirrel at you, clown.

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

Ei saa peittää (sp?) is all I know xD
"Do not cover"? What have you been reading?

Morphine

Morphine

sort of?! sooort of?!

Crone: hand me the sheep.

Calleja

Calleja

Well you never said anything! And we talk, like, every day!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

It's because of the mask, isn't it?

Also, the age thing...

Hmmm... I'm guessing over 18, considering Calleja's reputation with the fairer sex... But not past 30... Uuuuuhhh... 24? And six months? And two days?

Occasional Poster

Yay, more Swedes!

Jag vet inte säkert, men jag tror att det finns ett par fler. Välkommen!

Kirk is my captain of choice. Steak is great medium rare. This forum is nuts, but well worth the read, :)

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

*slaps Occasional Poster with a side of steak still attached to the bovine*

Occasional Poster

*slaps Occasional Poster with a side of steak still attached to the bovine*
Yum, that would be great about now.
I had a rare moose steak a couple of days ago and it was great. I'm saving another moose steak in the freezer for my roomie's birthday the last of April, but this thread makes it a lot more difficult to resist cooking it earlier.

Mmmm, game.

Andromache

sort of?! sooort of?!

Crone: hand me the sheep.[/QUOTE]

Here you go. Be careful, he has wild aim.
If you don't know why, ask him why we call him Frosty Susan

Null

Null

Right in his eye.

tegid

tegid

Welcome!

So, Spanish, English, and what's the third language?

my guess is 24 too.

Calleja

Calleja

I wonder how pissed Morphine would be if I answered for her... she's out of town for the weekend. Out of HER town, we don't live in the same state, even.

bhamv3

bhamv3

A theoretical physicist? Do you wear glasses, have a goatee, enjoy wearing orange and have a thing for crowbars? Are you a man of few words?

Dusty668

Welcome!

As I recall, the Chili thread was a little tender too...

Morphine

Morphine

It's because of the mask, isn't it?

Also, the age thing...

Hmmm... I'm guessing over 18, considering Calleja's reputation with the fairer sex... But not past 30... Uuuuuhhh... 24? And six months? And two days?
Nope.
You get some squirrel underpants for trying.

Welcome!

So, Spanish, English, and what's the third language?

my guess is 24 too.

It's German.

You're also wrong, and you get a chinese "Specialman" toy for trying.

I'm turning 20 in 14 days n_n

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

What kind of a cake you want? ^_^

Haeri

Dang it. Just posted a lengthy eh... post that got lost somewhere in the Ether cause of bad 3G reception (traveling back to my student apartment from a little time off over Easter).

Aaah, here we go again.

You got me, I'm Gordon.

"Do not cover"? What have you been reading?
Radiators. They are multi-lingual (and often manufactured in the coldest parts of Finland?)

Glad to know you're all geeks btw! (too few of them on the internet, so you never know.)

Dave

Dave

What languages do radiators speak?

Haeri

All of them. Though you'll need (SERIOUS) audio processing to make it audible. Of course it helps if you're a little bit insane and/or consistently hear the devil (or other malignant being) singing backwards on your records.

Alucard

Goodbye

Calleja

Calleja

We're all misogynists when it comes to goodbyes, we just have to suffer through them :cry:

Andromache

Ciao. Don't forget to take a minty tooth pick on your way out.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello.

Gusto

Gusto

See you soon.

Calleja

Calleja

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello
Hello hello
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello.[/QUOTE]

:heart:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

We're all misogynists when it comes to goodbyes, we just have to suffer through them :cry:
You mean masochists?

Bowielee

Bowielee

You mean masochists?[/QUOTE]

No, he's right. Goodbyes are for chicks, man....

Chicks that bleed out their virginias.

Calleja

Calleja

You mean masochists?[/QUOTE]

Oh, you'd think, wouldn't you? tee hee

( http://www.halforums.com/forum/showthread.php?12832-Why-are-you-here*&p=368054&viewfull=1#post368054 )

makare

aw and I just wanted to spank you :(

Andromache

Never explain the joke. That's like telling everyone how the card trick is done. Everyone knows it's a fake, but you don't need to tell them.

Calleja

Calleja

It depended on the reference, though, I feel bad when I leave people out through no fault of their own. He could spend hours browsing the forums and never come along that exchange. :(

Andromache

Ok Mainguns Megan

Calleja

Calleja

What can I say, I'm the crass, slutty mexican with a heart of gold.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

And I'll be the Conquistador ready to plunder your gold.

Calleja

Calleja

Oh man, that was genius. Take some cred, shaker.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Aloha, I am Docseverin. Feel free to ask me anything and I will answer plainly and honestly :)

phil

phil

It is a warm day out, and you are relaxing in a lawn chair enjoying life. You have a cold drink in your hand. WHAT IS THE DRINK?

Also, are there tunes playing? Or perhaps Jams? What are they?!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

And I even put you in the '10 poster :(

Andromache

Cold dude. Coooold.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

See you soon.
^
:uhhuh:

I'm pretty sure that 90% of the views on this thread is Blackcat hitting "refresh".

ElJuski

ElJuski

This is the Introduce Yourself forum, not the Goodbye forum.

Fuck.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

A good-bye forum would be a good idea, then it would be easy to find the flame out posts when the user returns.

Andromache

Dibs on his stuff.

ElJuski

ElJuski

You guys can use all the empty space in the forum for my cartoon. I'd like if you did that.

Andromache

You have a forum....??.?.?..?.?

ElJuski

ElJuski

It's more of a signpost and an old woman masturbating in a dirt field. But yes!

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Which is to say, that's not Dave's fault for giving me an awesome hub. But more than I squandor all of my goodwill in fucking around with Alutard and being an overall asshole.

Morphine

Morphine

What kind of a cake you want? ^_^
Is there a money cake? Cause if it exists, that's the one I want n_n

I wanted to celebrate Holi on my birthday
(because how awesome would it be to have a bunch of people throwing colored powders and water at each other for your 20th birthday)
But I haven't found anywhere in my city powder like that (natural so it doesn't hurt your skin and/or eyes) so I'm guessing that's off :cry:

Any suggestions on how to spend it then?

No obvious things like "get really drunk" or things of that sort, I do that every other week and it isn't so special at all.

makare

It's more of a signpost and an old woman masturbating in a dirt field. But yes!

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Which is to say, that's not Dave's fault for giving me an awesome hub. But more than I squandor all of my goodwill in fucking around with Alutard and being an overall asshole.
Admitting you have a problem really IS the first step. Maybe you can found Forum AA... Assholes Anonymous.

Docseverin

Docseverin

The Drink is Youngs Double Chocolate stout. The tunes for a relaxing day would be a mixture of Jack Johnson, Sublime, and Jason Mraz. :)

Dave

Dave

How lucky are you to be....you?

Andromache

And now, your highness, we will discuss the location of your hidden rebel base...

Docseverin

Docseverin

How lucky are you to be....you?
I am pretty lucky to be me and to have the things I do. I am even luckier to be a member of these boards :)

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

And now, your highness, we will discuss the location of your hidden rebel base...
Yavin...they are on Yavin.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh dear God, double chocolate stout..... yum.

How do you cheer yourself up when you're blue?

What music/book/movie do you never ever get tired of? You can answer all of them or just one... whichever ones apply.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hiya morphine!

What do you do to cheer yourself up?

What book/music/movie do you never get tired of?

What animal scares you the most? What animal do you like the most?

Docseverin

Docseverin

When I am blue, to cheer myself up I will listen to music. This is my cure all, depression, stress, anything that makes me feel like I am not myself I just listen to music and get my head straight.

I can read the Gates of Fire over and over again, I love the story of Thermopylae and the history of Sparta and it's rise as a military force in ancient Greece. Movie would have to be Anchorman: The legend of Ron Burgundy. Music: I cycle my music regularly so I don't get tired of anything, I just really love music and the way it makes me feel.

darkangel6988

WHy Penguins ? and Why Panda's?

WHy not turtles or giraffes?

Kitty Sinatra

And what the heck do you do with those penguins and pandas?

Hylian

Hylian

01000011 01100001 01101110 00100000
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000
01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100
00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110
01100001 01110010 01111001 00111111

Andromache

Have you read the wikileaks topic in the political forum yet? Have an opinion to share about it?

Docseverin

Docseverin

Have you read the wikileaks topic in the political forum yet? Have an opinion to share about it?
Just watched the videos, I don't really have an opinion on them. I have been in that area and actually been to Rustamiyah. It's a rough area, and was definitely rough in 2007. I think that the military panel found that they acted within the Rules of Engagement and that children have and continue to be used as human shields. They evacuated the children and were in compliance with the Geneva convention with their assessment and treatment of casualties.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

WHy Penguins ? and Why Panda's?

WHy not turtles or giraffes?

Penguins slide on their belly, and Pandas do headstands....what else do you need? Also I have Tarepandas tattooed on the inside of my right arm

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

01000011 01100001 01101110 00100000
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000
01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100
00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110
01100001 01110010 01111001 00111111
01001101 01100001 01111001 01100010 01100101 00101110

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

And what the heck do you do with those penguins and pandas?
I get them tattooed on me :)

Andromache

Star Wars? Or Star Trek?

Docseverin

Docseverin

Star Wars? Or Star Trek?
Star Wars hands down.

Hylian

Hylian

Star Wars? Or Star Trek?
Star Wars hands down.[/QUOTE]

Docseverin

Docseverin

Star Wars? Or Star Trek?
Star Wars hands down.[/QUOTE]

.[/QUOTE]

What can I say, I am a sucker for the Sith

Kitty Sinatra

Somebody else would've posted that exact same pic if you'd said Star Trek. Hell, it might have even been hylian . . . Where did hylian go anyway? I haven't seen him around since everyone started changing names. Is he now Jigglymuff?

Gusto

Gusto

If you would've said Trek, I'd-a posted this:

Andromache

What things can US Citizens do for US military service people that we aren't?

Morphine

Morphine

Hiya morphine!

What do you do to cheer yourself up?

What book/music/movie do you never get tired of?

What animal scares you the most? What animal do you like the most?
-I do a lot of different things when I want to cheer up:
Sit on my terrace in my underwear with a glass of whisky in one hand and my iPod in the other (preferably with a good Beatles playlist, they're just pure bliss).
Talk to my younger brother, he's so funny and so smart (even though he's only 12) he always makes me laugh and I feel good again no matter what.
I go on youtube and watch videos of people falling on their faces/asses.

I will never ever get tired of Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Mostly because I read it for the first time in a very awkward phase of my life where I could totally relate to it, I see it as the best description of puberty ever written.
Any book with short stories from Charles Bukowski or Julio Cortázar make me happy any day.

Music I could listen to all day long: Beatles, Tallest man on earth, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Antony & the Johnsons, Ayub Ogada, Café Tacuba... and so many others that I should just stop now before this becomes a long and boring list.

Movie: also quite a few but I'll limit myself to just one: Antonia's line.

Almost every living thing in the ocean scares the shit out of me (except for cute things like dolphins and sea lions and shit) but mostly sharks. Brrrrrr I have nightmares about them.

Monkeys are the best animals in the world n_n

hehe, this reply came out longer than I expected...

Docseverin

Docseverin

What things can US Citizens do for US military service people that we aren't?
Become scientist/engineers and start designing android parts for amputees. :)

There are so many groups out there that make and collect and donate for care packages that I never went a week without mail from someone other than Amazon during the 39 months I have been deployed. The support the citizens of this nation has for it's military right now I would say in my very humble and narrow opinion rivals the support seen during the World Wars. To fully answer your question though...I would say support the Commander in Chief, too much polarization in our country. We are too divided to be able to do anything effectively.

Hylian

Hylian

Somebody else would've posted that exact same pic if you'd said Star Trek. Hell, it might have even been hylian . . . Where did hylian go anyway? I haven't seen him around since everyone started changing names. Is he now Jigglymuff?

Docseverin

Docseverin

That picture disturbs me. The position of his hand is screaming at me to splint it.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yeah don't bother trying to remember some people anymore, they'll just change their name and avatar to confuse the more casual forum goers. For the record, Jiggly is Juski.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:) After listening to Bukowski read his poetry on youtube, I've been hungry for more of his work.

And man, I'm the exact opposite. I think everything in the ocean is awesome (as long as it stays out of my swimsuit/off my feet).

Morphine

Morphine

exactly!

I also believe they're awesome but they really scare me and/or gross me out. I can't stand fish around my legs and stuff. Ewgh.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

This is one of my favorites from Bukowski... maybe you'll like it too, Cajungal =)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wow... wonderful. Thanks for posting that. The last thing I had listened to was the one about the hooker who stole his poems. "Take my left arm, but not my poems--" something like that.

You know there's a CD called the Tom Waits jukebox--a list of tracks by artists who inspired him. And one of them is Bukowski's "The Last Days of the Suicide Kid," read aloud. At the beginning, a guy shouts "FUCK you, man!" And you hear Bukowski say, "Any other comments?" And the audience bursts out laughing. It's great.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

All of them. Though you'll need (SERIOUS) audio processing to make it audible. Of course it helps if you're a little bit insane and/or consistently hear the devil (or other malignant being) singing backwards on your records.[/QUOTE]

I do NOT sing! :humph:

Element 117

You are hardly even worthy to CLAIM being the devil, you ragged snivelling flying spaghetti monster/squid spliced mutant. What's more, your mom. HA.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

You are hardly even worthy to CLAIM being the devil, you ragged snivelling flying spaghetti monster/squid spliced mutant. What's more, your mom. HA.
You always know the right things to say. :wub:

There was an option for "other malignant being" my dear exalted concubine of putrid platypus-breeding trogg.

-edit-
also, can't believe it took me this long to see this had been replied to.

Element 117

dear exalted concubine of putrid platypus-breeding trogg.
You know that scene? That "I coulda been a contender!"? That marlin brando moment when he realizes everything he could no longer even dream of having? That's not you. In fact there aren't enough metaphors to subtlety suggest a wittily whipped wordage, nor any skunky coarse blatant urgency of a Demotivational Poster to explain, illustrate or diagram your complete lack of skill. You've been granted enough grace and time to blow your nose and get your shit together, but now is not the time for high school talent show retreads of Kindergarten Thesaurus' Greatest hits. Change your pants you soggy faced ass, and try again when you have something resembling actual talent.

Null

Null

...Is that foreplay?

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

...Is that foreplay?
Better than any dinner and a movie.

:slywink:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Shit. Just. Got. Real.

Also, welcome Haeri! Jag tycker om det! (sp?)

As you can see, we can get a bit... spirited around here

thinker

Hi. I had a friend who used to post on here all the time, so I thought I'd join in the fun. :)

Dusty668

Howdy Do!

Philosopher B.

WHAT-UP.

Kitty Sinatra

Hey hey hey!

Terrik

Terrik

bhamv3

bhamv3

Greetings, welcome to the forum, please watch out for grues, hope you have a great time here.

Who was your friend? And why the past tense?

thinker

What are grues? Are those like trolls? (Wikipedia gave me a general idea. Ah, open source knowledge.)

I have no idea what her member name was on here. We just lost contact over time, but I remember she was always on the forum. I'll have to see if I can hunt her down on Facebook.

Dave

Dave

Grues are fictitious creatures that are basically unkillable. It comes from an old game called Zork.

Welcome, hope you can hang about. Don't feed Chazwozel after midnight and don't forget to hit the Truth or Dare thread. :biggrin:

Chazwozel

You rang?

Hylian

Hylian

Espy

Espy

Howdy.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Yea verily I say unto thee: 'sup?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Welcome to halforums. :) Come play Truth or Dare!

Chibibar

Ahoy!!

thinker

Welcome to halforums. Click here to enlarge Come play Truth or Dare!
Do I just jump in and truth/dare someone or ask someone to truth/dare me?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Who ask ToD to the last person who ToD'd someone else. Then someone comes in and asks you ToD.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yo. Whatcha thinkin'?

Dusty668

Who ask ToD to the last person who ToD'd someone else. Then someone comes in and asks you ToD.
Unless the last ToD is a ToD to Tod who is known toad go toe to toe when Po'd about being ToD.

Dave

Dave

You need a PhD to understand the rules of ToD. It's the subject of my thesis.

thinker

You need a PhD to understand the rules of ToD. It's the subject of my thesis.
It seems somewhat like double dutch. You know you're going to jump in but you're probably going to mess up all the ropes in the process.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

The double what?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Double Dutch: Schoolyard jumprope game, played with two jumpropes and at least 3 people chanting whilst skipping. Timing is essential.

thinker

Indeed.

Dusty668

If you go on a double dutch date, does that mean no one pays for anything?

Null

Null

If you go on a double dutch date, does that mean no one pays for anything?
Yeah, the Dutch are fucking cheap like that.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

My dads girlfriend is dutch
Is she cheap, or just her dad?

Gothomo

You may vehemently dislike me, but I have fallen in love with you and will be posting around these parts from now on.

Dave

Dave

Greg! Thanks for giving us a chance. I think we all got off on the wrong foot and as I've said, you are always welcome.

So can we ask you many and varied questions or was this more of a "Howdy!" post?

Dusty668

Hiyas!

Bowielee

Bowielee

I love when they come to complain about us, then end up being sucked in to our madness.

Vilkomen.

I guess this officially makes me no longer the most argumentative homo on the boards?

Dave

Dave

I don't want to catch the gay! Must disinfect!

Element 117

I love when they come to complain about us, then end up being sucked in to our madness.

Vilkomen.

I guess this officially makes me no longer the most argumentative homo on the boards?

uhm. When have you ever held that title, sandbag?

Bowielee

Bowielee

Vilkomen.

uhm. When have you ever held that title, sandbag?[/QUOTE]

All apologies, MALE homo.

Dave

Dave

Damn you, Bowie! I looked everywhere for that gif and didn't find it! So I ended up making a lame anti-gay joke just to put in a picture of Sheldon.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

There can never be too much Sheldon.

So, Greg, give us a short bio.

Who are you?

What kind of a fellow are you?

And most importantly... how do you like your steak?

Element 117

He has a bio, actually,
AIM: gothomocom

Beverage of Choice: Cosmopolitan
Favorite Music: The Beatles, Tokio Hotel, MCR, Queen, Muse, Semi Precious Weapons, Modest Mouse, No Doubt, Linkin Park, The Fray.
Favorite Movies: V for Vendetta, Lord of the Rings, Lucky Number Slevin, Another Gay Movie (not recommended for those offended by gratuitous nudity), Rent, Saved!, and Harry Potter.
Favorite Books: American Gods, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, The Bartimaeus Trilogy, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series, Hunger Games, some of Charles Bukowski's stuff, the Great Tree of Avalon... I'll read just about anything, though my favorite genre has always been fantasy.
Favorite T.V. Shows: Scrubs, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, House, Heroes, Tosh.0, The Office, and Firefly. I am still seriously angry that Firefly was cancelled..

Bio: I'm twenty-one years old, a junior in college, born in Delaware and raised in Ohio. My major is in graphic design and my minor is creative writing. In my free time I tend to work on art, writing poetry, prose and the scripts for Gothomo.

My friends will either tell you that I'm fun and laid back, or perhaps that I'm a neurotic douchebag. Tomäto, Toma:to.

The comics and characters within are loosely based on Christina Hart and I. More specifically, the characters are great exaggerations of Christina and I.

My job at Gothomo is writing the comics, running the website, coloring the comics after Christina draws them and uploading them to the site and subsequently drinking alcohol for inspiration.

Yes, I know, my profile pic is artsy as shit.

tegid

tegid

So, you like fantasy! Have you read the name of the wind?

Dave

Dave

Looking at that bio I am amazed you think you wouldn't fit in here. Aside from the gay stuff that is very close to my own best lists. I mean, you are a geek like us, man! The Beatles? Check! Lord of the Rings! Check! FIREFLY?!?!?! Check fucking mate! You are my long lost....really younger....brother!

Hylian

Hylian

Welcome to the insanity that is Halforums :loco:

Gothomo

So, you like fantasy! Have you read the name of the wind?
I haven't heard of that one, actually. Worth reading, I take it?

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Welcome to the insanity that is Halforums :loco:
Your signature makes me all sorts of happy.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I'm still not hearing your stance on steak, mate.

And yes, something tells me you'll fit right in.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

This is Halforums. Steak r srs bzns.

Soliloquy

Greetings! Everything's perfectly fine here, and there's nothing to worry about ifyoudon'twanttodiedon'ttalkaboutsteakdearLorddon'ttalkaboutsteak.

Gothomo

It depends on the cut of steak. For a t-bone, New York Strip, or something like that I am all about medium rare.

Fillet Mignon must be rare. Very rare.

On the side I like sauteed mushrooms and garlic mashed potatoes, or a baked potato with the works.

Onion marmalade is a good topping for fillet.

Espy

Espy

It depends on the cut of steak. For a t-bone, New York Strip, or something like that I am all about medium rare.

Fillet Mignon must be rare. Very rare.

On the side I like sauteed mushrooms and garlic mashed potatoes, or a baked potato with the works.

Onion marmalade is a good topping for fillet.
You are a good person. Congratulations and welcome.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Why is the Cosmopolitan your favourite drink?

How many stars make up the Big Dipper?

If you are in Ohio, can you get me Les Nessmans autograph?

Are you a Bengals or a Browns fan?

Gothomo

Why is the Cosmopolitan your favourite drink?

How many stars make up the Big Dipper?

If you are in Ohio, can you get me Les Nessmans autograph?

Are you a Bengals or a Browns fan?
Because the Cosmopolitan was the first drink I ever had. Very nostalgic for me. Also, it's tasty.

Technically eight. I love Google.

Who the hell is Les Nessman?

Oh Lord, no. No no no.

Espy

Espy

Is Led Zeppelin the name of a band or an artist? DO NOT USE GOOGLE.

Answer wisely.

Element 117

Answer wisely.
*punches Espy in the face*
MEDIUM RARE, EH?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Technically eight. I love Google. Who the hell is Les Nessman?
Interesting, you a familiar with "Google" and trust it to answer one question, yet choose not to use it to answer another. This smacks of the boorish nature of a Browns fan!

Espy

Espy

Answer wisely.
MEDIUM RARE, EH?[/QUOTE]

Only when I like eating something that tastes good.

Element 117

Answer wisely.
MEDIUM RARE, EH?[/QUOTE]

Only when I like eating something that tastes good.[/QUOTE]

you wouldn't know good taste if it dressed you in a suit and got you tickets to the symphony. Well done!

Gusto

Gusto

you wouldn't know good taste if it dressed you in a suit and got you tickets to the symphony.
This is the best thing I've read all day.

Gothomo

Answer wisely.
Do I have to answer this? I feel as though it might incriminate me to admit that I'm not familiar with the band. I do know that it's a band, but I only know one song by them. Guess which :p

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Can I buy a vowel? Or perhaps a Stairway to Heaven.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hi there. I also like a rare filet. *shakes hand solemnly*

Gothomo

Nothing brings people together quite like steak.

*returns handshake enthusiastically*

Cajungal

Cajungal

^_^

OK my turn for a question... do you play truth or dare?!

Element 117

Can't punch you in the face, but I had no idea crawdads could be a "filet?"

Cajungal

Cajungal

Can't punch you in the face, but I had no idea crawdads could be a "filet?"[/QUOTE]

:humph:

Iaculus

Ooh, Bartimaeus Trilogy? Good taste. Ever read the Mortal Engines Quartet, by Philip Reeve? If not, do so. It rapidly superseded Bartimaeus as my favourite YA series - the finale in particular is excellent.

Oh, and another question pertaining to your continued survival on these boards: Pratchett. Like or dislike?

Lastly, as a self-evident geek, have you ever delved into the anime side of things? Any shows/movies in particular?