[Console] Injustice: Gods Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasBandit

Staff member
I dunno, still looks about 3 or 4 years behind where everything else is these days. It won't stop me from playing it though, but it disappoints me.
Of course it looks 3 or 4 years behind where everything else (PC) is... it's a console game. The hardware is 7-8 years old.

So, forgot to mention in relation to the story:

Holy shitballs, that scene where Superman heat visions right through Captain Marvel's skull????????????? I thought the scenes was horrible enough at first, and then I reminded myself that Billy Batson is just a little kid, and Supes knows that. So, he straight up melted the skull of a little boy.

Holy shitballs, that scene where Superman heat visions right through Captain Marvel's skull????????????? I thought the scenes was horrible enough at first, and then I reminded myself that Billy Batson is just a little kid, and Supes knows that. So, he straight up melted the skull of a little boy.
Fuck yeah, my jaw dropped.

Superman said:
Anyone else?

Fuck yeah, my jaw dropped.

It's the part where Captain Marval attempts to say "Shazam" and Superman cuts him off by saying "Shhhh" with his frost breath, before doing the heat vision skull melt, that really sent a bit of a shiver down my spine.

Also got to give them credit for making Aquaman of all people look like a badass for the most part, though his One Earth version was kind of a hipsterish looking douche. Poor Hawkgirl though, never gets a time to shine at all as a hero, just a bad guy.

It's the part where Captain Marval attempts to say "Shazam" and Superman cuts him off by saying "Shhhh" with his frost breath, before doing the heat vision skull melt, that really sent a bit of a shiver down my spine.

Also got to give them credit for making Aquaman of all people look like a badass for the most part, though his One Earth version was kind of a hipsterish looking douche. Poor Hawkgirl though, never gets a time to shine at all as a hero, just a bad guy.
Let's be honest, no one cares about Hawkgirl.

I... I care about Hawkgirl. :(

I find her cooler (and hotter) then Wonder Woman.
Well, I'll also admit that I don't actually know a whole lot about Hawkgirl. She's always been a background character in the stuff I've read.

But if the world's in danger, and I can only call upon one of them to save my ass? Diana's got it covered.

fade

Staff member

Is what Captain Marvel said in Dark Knight 2 canon? If so, Marvel swaps with Batson. I don't know enough to say.

Is what Captain Marvel said in Dark Knight 2 canon? If so, Marvel swaps with Batson. I don't know enough to say.
I never read Dark Knight 2, but in main continuity, Billy is simply imbibed with the power of Shazam (Wisdom of Solomon, Strength of Hercules, Stamina of Atlas, Power of Zeus, Courage of Achilles, and Speed of Mercury). Prior too the new 52, Billy actually became Shazam himself when the Wizard Shazam was killed during the Day of Vengeance event (lead up to Final Crisis). He is not a separate being.

I have to say that the game is super fun. I love the king of the hill mode. I'm glad they carried that over from MK9. Lobo just came out and he's a fully realized character, not just a palette swap of another character. Batgirl is the next character to come out.

BananaHands

Staff member
Oh my god. I was dreading Babs, but if she doesn't look super fun to play...

Also, anyone else in support of starting a KotH group!? Are there enough of you playing this on ps3?[DOUBLEPOST=1368114228][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm a sucker for redheads.
Oh, then you gotta love Babs.

Her design is ridiculous. She's got the classic purple cowl, but then the rest is black body armour with an ugly yellow on top that doesn't go well with it at all.

Then again, most of the costumes - much like DC's current comics - are over designed.

BananaHands

Staff member
I wish I saw this thread earlier too. I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT IT.

Favorite characters? Which skin do you typically use?

I'm torn between Supes and Green Arrow. Supes is obviously always in his Red Son outfit.[DOUBLEPOST=1368114514][/DOUBLEPOST]Oooh, oooh. And in the story mode...

How amazing was it when Supes comes in? Like, the real TRUTH, JUSTICE AND THE AMERICAN WAY Supes? Goddamn. "I won't let you torment these people any longer."

Her design is ridiculous. She's got the classic purple cowl, but then the rest is black body armour with an ugly yellow on top that doesn't go well with it at all.
Opinions are awesome cause I think she looks fantastic. The Yellow really helps the suit standout and the nod to her purple cowl is great.

Except it doesn't work as a whole. The purple stands out like like a sore thumb with the rest and the yellow clashes horribly with everything.

Except it doesn't work as a whole. The purple stands out like like a sore thumb with the rest and the yellow clashes horribly with everything.
Babs has always had the yellow bat symbol. I agree that if they were going to make the cowl purple, they should have just made the rest of the costume purple.

Grundy don't stop.

Not shown here is that Grundy has a great move called Walking Corpse. It causes him to walk forward and grab his opponent into a throw. The great thing about it is the walk has armor, so he can't be hit out of it, he just keeps coming, AND you can cancel out of the walk at the last minute. This means you can walk through your opponents attacks and projectiles to punch them in the face and start relentlessly comboing them.

I need to look up some good Sinestro Juggles. I've gotten up to an 8 hit combo with him, but it's hard to pull off and you have to use meter burns to get there, and use his special ability, which you have to charge up. He's a ranged beast, though with a ton of ways to get distance. He's probably still my favorite character. I don't know why, but I still hate the back to forward moves, like Shazam's lightning charge (though Shazam is a BEAST). Does anyone know how to counter Raven's telekinetic crush move?

BananaHands

Staff member
Ed Boon created a new poll asking who we'd want for the next round of DLC characters, mentioned that he excluded Martian Man Hunter because he knew he'd win, so I'm sure we're either going to get him at the end of this season or beginning of the next.

DLC Survey!

As much as I'd love Swamp Thing... gonna have to go with Power Girl. Can't wait for her "My eyes are up here" line when she knocks off the first health bar.

Dr. Fate, all the way.

I sure as hell hope that Red Hood doesn't win. We already have one Robin, thank you very much.

BananaHands

Staff member
Dr. Fate, all the way.

I sure as hell hope that Red Hood doesn't win. We already have one Robin, thank you very much.
It's a Bat-Character. We're going to get him regardless.

Then Ace the Bat-Hound
Then Batwoman.
Then Batwing.
Then Alfred.
THEN we'll get MMH.

Doctor Fate: Yes please
Power Girl or Supergirl: We need more Kryptonians for sure.
Huntress, Booster Gold or Deadshot: Another solid ranged.
Bleeze or Atrocidus: Need some Red Lantern representation.
Blue Beetle: Because he's Blue Beetle.

Oh and to address the jaw dropping moments like the Billy scene, how about when
Batman reveals that Nightwing is Damian, after murdering Dick? The way Batman tells him that Dick was his son instead of Damian? That was rough.

BananaHands

Staff member
Doctor Face: Yes please
Power Girl or Supergirl: We need more Kryptonians for sure.
Huntress, Booster Gold or Deadshot: Another solid ranged.
Bleeze or Atrocidus: Need some Red Lantern representation.
Blue Beetle: Because he's Blue Beetle.
Could you imagine a super where Atrocidus sends Dex-Starr at the person?

Fuck yeah to Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. As much as I love Power Girl, I don't want to see any other kryptonians, simply because I think they'd be too similar to Superman. I keep hearing everyone want Zod included, but if he is, I'd just want him to be a skin and voice pack for Superman and not a real character (evil supes even already tells people to kneel, so why do we need him?).

As overcrowded as the bat family already is, I actually would like Red Hood. We need some more villains, and I have a hard time coming up with some that aren't from Batman. Maybe Larfleeze? Bizarro would make a good 'big' character like Bane or Doomsday. Deadshot... is probably too much like Deathstroke. Darkseid? Eh, doesn't really fit, and he's already a stage transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.