[Console] Injustice: Gods Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished the single player, and woo boy was that an awesome fun story. Surprisingly good for a fighting game, but then NetherRealm Studios showed they could make an interesting fight game story with MK9.

Still don't know who I'm going to try to main, since I only got the game today and marathoned through the story mode. Who else got this? If you're on the PS3, hit me up, my ps id is Ravenpoe121

I also liked that the story mode addressed the fact that one punch from Superman should shatter Green Arrow. Even if it's ultimately a hand wave, at least it's given an in-game reason to make sense.

Man, tried the demo. Dug it, it's still too stiff in my opinion but it seems like you could have some fun. But even from the demo, I was already done with the 2 trigger super move. They're going to be like Final Fantasy summons. Cool at first, but after the 50th time you wish they were over faster.

Man, tried the demo. Dug it, it's still too stiff in my opinion but it seems like you could have some fun. But even from the demo, I was already done with the 2 trigger super move. They're going to be like Final Fantasy summons. Cool at first, but after the 50th time you wish they were over faster.
It could have used some alternative animations for those, the same goes with the intros and outros. I actually like the stiff, weighty style of MK that they've used, but that might be just because I'm terrible at the hyper frenetic style fighting games. And honestly, as your skill levels go up, the overall speed of the game does too, because you learn how to use your dashes and movement abilities.

I love the environmental moves. Even though I feel like some of them need some damage tweaks. People are already finding 91% combos stringing all of the environmentals together with certain characters and certain levels. But I'm also sure those will be patched and tweaked, just like NRS did for MK9.

When the fuck did Aquaman become such a badass?

It's been stated a few times that the demo's controls do not reflect the end result. A failure on the demos part but not to be reflected on the game.

It's been stated a few times that the demo's controls do not reflect the end result. A failure on the demos part but not to be reflected on the game.
They're pretty close. If he doesn't like that style of movement, the tightening up of the controls vs the demo (which was a much earlier build) isn't going to change that.

And I can understand how he feels. I don't know how anyone can like Tekken, I hate the way it controls. I know it's an in depth game and tons of people love it, but it's not for me.

And as I play it more now, I'm not sure the long super animations are really that big of a problem. Yes, they're long, but I don't think they'll be used all that often. I find myself only using them if I know they'll end the match, because meter control is so important. If you use your super, you drain your meter, and you're leaving yourself open to an easy clash, as well as not having any way to enhance your attacks or do bounce cancels.

Just like in MK9, where doing x-ray moves were rare due to how valuable meter is.

Although hitting people with the batmobile never gets old.[DOUBLEPOST=1366430305][/DOUBLEPOST]I know I'm double posting in this thread a lot, but that's because I just got the game and keep exploring more about it.

Holy hell the practice mode is ROBUST. No longer is it just a punching bag for you to wail against, you can actually record button logs and have the computer execute them to find the best way to counter them. As well as do online practice with a buddy to just wail on each other with infinite health.

So, for anyone that's playing this game, who are your favorite characters?

Deathstroke the Terminator: By now, everyone know that Deathstroke is super strong. Slade has the ability to hurt you at any range. He can shoot at you from across the arena, shoot at you some more... shoot you again (how many fucking guns does this guy have?) or he can run up at you and pull his sword. I actually don't think he's OP, you just have to be very careful in countering him.

Green Lantern: I'm loving Hal Jordan. His kit is really fun, and he's an overall very strong character. Dependent on meter to be able to set up his really devastating combos, but with his long distance grenade blasts, gatling gun, and frequently used lantern lift, he builds meter quickly. Lantern charge isn't the best trait out there, but it does give him a nice damage boost, and you can even combo into it with some combos. Also, Lantern aficionados will probably kill me for this, but I love his Sinestro Corps costume.

Nightwing: I'm really surprised by this, but I really like nightwing. He has a really aggressive playstyle and can really switch things up swapping between escrima style and his staff. At first I was put off by his really weird jump, but I feel like that's to his advantage. In Escrima stance, he has one of the highest standing jumps in the game, and his forward flip makes it difficult to tell when he's going to cross up. In staff, he takes really shallow hops, so shallow you can't even jump over your opponent. But that short hop makes it difficult to anti-air him, and the reach on his staff is insane.

Nightwing and Green Arrow are my fighters of choice at the moment. I'd like to learn the Joker too, because he seems like one of those "hard to master, but once you do their ungodly powerful" types of characters. Same with Wonder Woman. She's like Nightwing where she's got the Sword and Shield mode and Lasso mode. One thing I have noticed is that people don't use their special powers as often as they should. Especially Flash. You should be popping his special as soon as it's recharged.

Well now I'm interested. I've heard some terrible things about this game so I'm really glad to hear people are enjoying it. I don't think I will pay 60 bucks for it but I would pay 20 or 30.

The challenges in this game are ball crushingly hard.
God yes. And they all start with characters I don't care about. I'll probably get around to trying to finish them eventually, but right now I've got more to do.

I shouldn't have gone to 'official fighting game' forums... sweet Jesus. Entire bitchfests over Wonder Woman not being pretty enough? I felt ashamed to even be there.

I actually praised NetherRealm for making her look like an awesome amazon, and putting her in pants.

Not on the game topic, but DC is regressing in that department.

Eh, I kinda expect that from Power Girl, though.

That is Power Girl, right, and not some other female kryptonian (I can't keep track of all the kryptonians) donning her garb?

Eh, I kinda expect that from Power Girl, though.

That is Power Girl, right, and not some other female kryptonian (I can't keep track of all the kryptonians) donning her garb?
Did they put her back to being Kryptonian? I know they tried the "not quite the same as everyone else" origin but I don't know if they went back on it at some point.

--Patrick

Did they put her back to being Kryptonian? I know they tried the "not quite the same as everyone else" origin but I don't know if they went back on it at some point.

--Patrick
Powergirl and Donna Troy have the same issues with their origins as they've constantly switched them around and made them a mess. In all their "crisis" crossovers when they've merged and restored alternate earths, they always end up being somehow detached from the multiverse.

I wasn't all that interested, since modern fighting games t end to be way too fast and frenetic for me; reading that it's actually a bit heavier/slower à la MK has heightened my interest greatly. Won't buy at €49.95 but I might pick it up if and when the price drops.

Everyone's waiting for the price point to drop, sadly the online matchmaking will be terrible by that time. All the -newbies- will have either gotten very good at the game or quit. All that will be left will be hardcore players that will decimate whatever crowd joins at the price drop sales. Then those people will be frustrated with the online matchmaking and also stop playing. The community is doomed from the start.

They should have released it for $30 and then just had optional costume dlc sales to make up the difference. That way everyone would get in on the ground floor and enjoy it together, the community would be bigger, stronger and last alot longer.

Eh, since I don't intend to ever, ever, ever play it on line against anyone I don't already know personally, I doubt I'd have made much of an impact :p
You're right, though.

Just imagine, the base game comes with just the basic costumes, then sell alternate costumes for $2.50 (like Awesomenauts does). Imagine how many people would buy Yellow Lantern Batman, White Lantern Hal Jordan, 1960s Joker, TAS Harley Quinn etc.

Everyone's waiting for the price point to drop, sadly the online matchmaking will be terrible by that time. All the -newbies- will have either gotten very good at the game or quit. All that will be left will be hardcore players that will decimate whatever crowd joins at the price drop sales. Then those people will be frustrated with the online matchmaking and also stop playing. The community is doomed from the start.

They should have released it for $30 and then just had optional costume dlc sales to make up the difference. That way everyone would get in on the ground floor and enjoy it together, the community would be bigger, stronger and last alot longer.
Yeah, but a lot of us that would wait for it to be cheap don't give a shit about online matchmaking. I'll just end up playing it with some friends and doing the single player content anyways.[DOUBLEPOST=1366640837][/DOUBLEPOST]
Eh, since I don't intend to ever, ever, ever play it on line against anyone I don't already know personally, I doubt I'd have made much of an impact :p
You're right, though.
Yes.

Lost most of my love for fighting games over the years, but hearing about the story interested me. Decided to look it up and holy smokes, nearly 2 hours of story cutscenes? Sure have come a long way from having nothing but a row of fights followed by a little story screen talking about how awesome you were for winning. I ended up watching it while recovering from being sick, was a pretty fun little story. Though I do have one question...

Is it just me, or does anyone feel like they got the Batman suits mixed up? Everyone from the Regular Universe was wearing a pretty classic version of the heroes outfit, while the One Earth versions wore what felt like much more outlandish (or at least red colored) versions of the outfits, except for Batman, who was the opposite. The Batman from the Regular Universe wore what looked like an armored suit more befitting a freedom fighter while the One Earth Batman wore the classic cowl.

Frank - I wasn't talking about single player people, I was talking about the online community for the game. They suffer when games go $50+ then go on sale months down the line. It collapses every time.

As for doing the single play content? I don't think I'd even pay $20 for 4hrs of content.

I dunno, people pay 20 bucks for 4 hour DLC all the time (Mass Effect 3, Skyrim etc.). I'd pay 20 bucks to add more variety to my fighting game library (which are usually what a group of friends and I do when we just decide to sit around). Variety.

I dunno, people pay 20 bucks for 4 hour DLC all the time (Mass Effect 3, Skyrim etc.). I'd pay 20 bucks to add more variety to my fighting game library (which are usually what a group of friends and I do when we just decide to sit around). Variety.
I'm sure you would. Like I said. I wouldn't. Much like you won't do the online matchmaking, where as others would. The only difference here is, the online community falling apart due to price point failure.

So, I'm totally in love with Sinestro. Been playing him online, and I can rack up some decent combos with him. His special ability is dumb as hell, though. You have to charge it up and it gives you three low damage laser blasts. But his EX moves more than make up for it.

The iPad tie-in game is actually pretty awesome. I'm waiting for a price drop on the console game, but the iPad one is quite satisfying and (at least at the time I DL'd it) free.

Is the cutscene graphics as terrible as the intro graphics that were posted online the other day? It seriously looked like Wii level graphics, which was... surprising.

I'd likely play this if it wasn't a fighting game. Not going to harp on them because, you know, to each their own, but I've just never been a fan of the genre.

Is the cutscene graphics as terrible as the intro graphics that were posted online the other day? It seriously looked like Wii level graphics, which was... surprising.
That's some serious hyperbole. I think people forget just what the Wii looked like.

The cutscenes are done in-engine, so up close the secondary characters aren't always going to be super detailed. But I think it looks fine for the comic style they were going for.

Also, this game has an amazing credit sequence.

Maybe I just like Depeche Mode.

Re: Batman, I think their costume decisions worked. Main Earth Batman had very advanced looking, Christopher Nolan style armor, complete with the seperate head from shoulders helmet. Whereas resistnace Batman had the older style, clunkier, and beat up suit, as he was cut off from the majority of his resources.[DOUBLEPOST=1366650979][/DOUBLEPOST]
So, I'm totally in love with Sinestro. Been playing him online, and I can rack up some decent combos with him. His special ability is dumb as hell, though. You have to charge it up and it gives you three low damage laser blasts. But his EX moves more than make up for it.

His power is great. You have to decide if you want to trade damage for the opportunity to charge it, since you're really only going to charge it on knockdown. But two knockdowns (or two fear bindings) will give you plenty of time to charge it, and once you do his meta changes. His power isn't for damage, none of his kit is. He's a zoning character, and those three shots all provide knockdown and can make his unsafe on block moves safe by firing them out at the end. It's completely detached from him, and can be fired any time he isn't being hit, so you can fire it off to lock down your opponent while you escape.

Sinestro is a lot like Noob in MK. He's at his strongest when he's on the other side of the screen from you. He builds meter quickly, and his meter burn specials (specifically fear bolt and boulder drop) are amazing.

That's some serious hyperbole. I think people forget just what the Wii looked like.

The cutscenes are done in-engine, so up close the secondary characters aren't always going to be super detailed. But I think it looks fine for the comic style they were going for.
I dunno, still looks about 3 or 4 years behind where everything else is these days. It won't stop me from playing it though, but it disappoints me.

Status
Not open for further replies.