Export thread

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I just finished the single player, and woo boy was that an awesome fun story. Surprisingly good for a fighting game, but then NetherRealm Studios showed they could make an interesting fight game story with MK9.

Still don't know who I'm going to try to main, since I only got the game today and marathoned through the story mode. Who else got this? If you're on the PS3, hit me up, my ps id is Ravenpoe121

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I also liked that the story mode addressed the fact that one punch from Superman should shatter Green Arrow. Even if it's ultimately a hand wave, at least it's given an in-game reason to make sense.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Batman has also taken the big Injustice online tournament.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Batman has also taken the big Injustice online tournament.
Since that was an online vote, of course he did. Everyone knew from the beginning that Batman was the most popular.

Not that I watched them all anyway :ninja:

Frank

Frank

Man, tried the demo. Dug it, it's still too stiff in my opinion but it seems like you could have some fun. But even from the demo, I was already done with the 2 trigger super move. They're going to be like Final Fantasy summons. Cool at first, but after the 50th time you wish they were over faster.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Man, tried the demo. Dug it, it's still too stiff in my opinion but it seems like you could have some fun. But even from the demo, I was already done with the 2 trigger super move. They're going to be like Final Fantasy summons. Cool at first, but after the 50th time you wish they were over faster.
It could have used some alternative animations for those, the same goes with the intros and outros. I actually like the stiff, weighty style of MK that they've used, but that might be just because I'm terrible at the hyper frenetic style fighting games. And honestly, as your skill levels go up, the overall speed of the game does too, because you learn how to use your dashes and movement abilities.

I love the environmental moves. Even though I feel like some of them need some damage tweaks. People are already finding 91% combos stringing all of the environmentals together with certain characters and certain levels. But I'm also sure those will be patched and tweaked, just like NRS did for MK9.

When the fuck did Aquaman become such a badass?

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

It's been stated a few times that the demo's controls do not reflect the end result. A failure on the demos part but not to be reflected on the game.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

It's been stated a few times that the demo's controls do not reflect the end result. A failure on the demos part but not to be reflected on the game.
They're pretty close. If he doesn't like that style of movement, the tightening up of the controls vs the demo (which was a much earlier build) isn't going to change that.

And I can understand how he feels. I don't know how anyone can like Tekken, I hate the way it controls. I know it's an in depth game and tons of people love it, but it's not for me.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

And as I play it more now, I'm not sure the long super animations are really that big of a problem. Yes, they're long, but I don't think they'll be used all that often. I find myself only using them if I know they'll end the match, because meter control is so important. If you use your super, you drain your meter, and you're leaving yourself open to an easy clash, as well as not having any way to enhance your attacks or do bounce cancels.

Just like in MK9, where doing x-ray moves were rare due to how valuable meter is.

Although hitting people with the batmobile never gets old.[DOUBLEPOST=1366430305][/DOUBLEPOST]I know I'm double posting in this thread a lot, but that's because I just got the game and keep exploring more about it.

Holy hell the practice mode is ROBUST. No longer is it just a punching bag for you to wail against, you can actually record button logs and have the computer execute them to find the best way to counter them. As well as do online practice with a buddy to just wail on each other with infinite health.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So, for anyone that's playing this game, who are your favorite characters?

Deathstroke the Terminator: By now, everyone know that Deathstroke is super strong. Slade has the ability to hurt you at any range. He can shoot at you from across the arena, shoot at you some more... shoot you again (how many fucking guns does this guy have?) or he can run up at you and pull his sword. I actually don't think he's OP, you just have to be very careful in countering him.

Green Lantern: I'm loving Hal Jordan. His kit is really fun, and he's an overall very strong character. Dependent on meter to be able to set up his really devastating combos, but with his long distance grenade blasts, gatling gun, and frequently used lantern lift, he builds meter quickly. Lantern charge isn't the best trait out there, but it does give him a nice damage boost, and you can even combo into it with some combos. Also, Lantern aficionados will probably kill me for this, but I love his Sinestro Corps costume.

Nightwing: I'm really surprised by this, but I really like nightwing. He has a really aggressive playstyle and can really switch things up swapping between escrima style and his staff. At first I was put off by his really weird jump, but I feel like that's to his advantage. In Escrima stance, he has one of the highest standing jumps in the game, and his forward flip makes it difficult to tell when he's going to cross up. In staff, he takes really shallow hops, so shallow you can't even jump over your opponent. But that short hop makes it difficult to anti-air him, and the reach on his staff is insane.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Nightwing and Green Arrow are my fighters of choice at the moment. I'd like to learn the Joker too, because he seems like one of those "hard to master, but once you do their ungodly powerful" types of characters. Same with Wonder Woman. She's like Nightwing where she's got the Sword and Shield mode and Lasso mode. One thing I have noticed is that people don't use their special powers as often as they should. Especially Flash. You should be popping his special as soon as it's recharged.

Espy

Espy

Well now I'm interested. I've heard some terrible things about this game so I'm really glad to hear people are enjoying it. I don't think I will pay 60 bucks for it but I would pay 20 or 30.

LittleSin

LittleSin

The challenges in this game are ball crushingly hard.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

The challenges in this game are ball crushingly hard.
God yes. And they all start with characters I don't care about. I'll probably get around to trying to finish them eventually, but right now I've got more to do.

I shouldn't have gone to 'official fighting game' forums... sweet Jesus. Entire bitchfests over Wonder Woman not being pretty enough? I felt ashamed to even be there.

I actually praised NetherRealm for making her look like an awesome amazon, and putting her in pants.

Frank

Frank

Not on the game topic, but DC is regressing in that department.

Covar

Covar

No more P-boob? Awesome!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Not on the game topic, but DC is regressing in that department.

Eh, I kinda expect that from Power Girl, though.

That is Power Girl, right, and not some other female kryptonian (I can't keep track of all the kryptonians) donning her garb?

Frank

Frank

No more P-boob? Awesome!
Nope, just a return to the old boob window. Wasn't a fan of the new costume, but going back isn't the right direction.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Eh, I kinda expect that from Power Girl, though.

That is Power Girl, right, and not some other female kryptonian (I can't keep track of all the kryptonians) donning her garb?
Did they put her back to being Kryptonian? I know they tried the "not quite the same as everyone else" origin but I don't know if they went back on it at some point.

--Patrick

Bowielee

Bowielee

Did they put her back to being Kryptonian? I know they tried the "not quite the same as everyone else" origin but I don't know if they went back on it at some point.

--Patrick
Powergirl and Donna Troy have the same issues with their origins as they've constantly switched them around and made them a mess. In all their "crisis" crossovers when they've merged and restored alternate earths, they always end up being somehow detached from the multiverse.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I wasn't all that interested, since modern fighting games t end to be way too fast and frenetic for me; reading that it's actually a bit heavier/slower à la MK has heightened my interest greatly. Won't buy at €49.95 but I might pick it up if and when the price drops.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Everyone's waiting for the price point to drop, sadly the online matchmaking will be terrible by that time. All the -newbies- will have either gotten very good at the game or quit. All that will be left will be hardcore players that will decimate whatever crowd joins at the price drop sales. Then those people will be frustrated with the online matchmaking and also stop playing. The community is doomed from the start.

They should have released it for $30 and then just had optional costume dlc sales to make up the difference. That way everyone would get in on the ground floor and enjoy it together, the community would be bigger, stronger and last alot longer.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Eh, since I don't intend to ever, ever, ever play it on line against anyone I don't already know personally, I doubt I'd have made much of an impact :p
You're right, though.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Just imagine, the base game comes with just the basic costumes, then sell alternate costumes for $2.50 (like Awesomenauts does). Imagine how many people would buy Yellow Lantern Batman, White Lantern Hal Jordan, 1960s Joker, TAS Harley Quinn etc.

Frank

Frank

Everyone's waiting for the price point to drop, sadly the online matchmaking will be terrible by that time. All the -newbies- will have either gotten very good at the game or quit. All that will be left will be hardcore players that will decimate whatever crowd joins at the price drop sales. Then those people will be frustrated with the online matchmaking and also stop playing. The community is doomed from the start.

They should have released it for $30 and then just had optional costume dlc sales to make up the difference. That way everyone would get in on the ground floor and enjoy it together, the community would be bigger, stronger and last alot longer.
Yeah, but a lot of us that would wait for it to be cheap don't give a shit about online matchmaking. I'll just end up playing it with some friends and doing the single player content anyways.[DOUBLEPOST=1366640837][/DOUBLEPOST]
Eh, since I don't intend to ever, ever, ever play it on line against anyone I don't already know personally, I doubt I'd have made much of an impact :p
You're right, though.
Yes.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

Lost most of my love for fighting games over the years, but hearing about the story interested me. Decided to look it up and holy smokes, nearly 2 hours of story cutscenes? Sure have come a long way from having nothing but a row of fights followed by a little story screen talking about how awesome you were for winning. I ended up watching it while recovering from being sick, was a pretty fun little story. Though I do have one question...

Is it just me, or does anyone feel like they got the Batman suits mixed up? Everyone from the Regular Universe was wearing a pretty classic version of the heroes outfit, while the One Earth versions wore what felt like much more outlandish (or at least red colored) versions of the outfits, except for Batman, who was the opposite. The Batman from the Regular Universe wore what looked like an armored suit more befitting a freedom fighter while the One Earth Batman wore the classic cowl.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Frank - I wasn't talking about single player people, I was talking about the online community for the game. They suffer when games go $50+ then go on sale months down the line. It collapses every time.

As for doing the single play content? I don't think I'd even pay $20 for 4hrs of content.

Frank

Frank

I dunno, people pay 20 bucks for 4 hour DLC all the time (Mass Effect 3, Skyrim etc.). I'd pay 20 bucks to add more variety to my fighting game library (which are usually what a group of friends and I do when we just decide to sit around). Variety.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I dunno, people pay 20 bucks for 4 hour DLC all the time (Mass Effect 3, Skyrim etc.). I'd pay 20 bucks to add more variety to my fighting game library (which are usually what a group of friends and I do when we just decide to sit around). Variety.
I'm sure you would. Like I said. I wouldn't. Much like you won't do the online matchmaking, where as others would. The only difference here is, the online community falling apart due to price point failure.

Bowielee

Bowielee

So, I'm totally in love with Sinestro. Been playing him online, and I can rack up some decent combos with him. His special ability is dumb as hell, though. You have to charge it up and it gives you three low damage laser blasts. But his EX moves more than make up for it.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

The iPad tie-in game is actually pretty awesome. I'm waiting for a price drop on the console game, but the iPad one is quite satisfying and (at least at the time I DL'd it) free.

Espy

Espy

Is the cutscene graphics as terrible as the intro graphics that were posted online the other day? It seriously looked like Wii level graphics, which was... surprising.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'd likely play this if it wasn't a fighting game. Not going to harp on them because, you know, to each their own, but I've just never been a fan of the genre.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Is the cutscene graphics as terrible as the intro graphics that were posted online the other day? It seriously looked like Wii level graphics, which was... surprising.
That's some serious hyperbole. I think people forget just what the Wii looked like.

The cutscenes are done in-engine, so up close the secondary characters aren't always going to be super detailed. But I think it looks fine for the comic style they were going for.

Also, this game has an amazing credit sequence.

Maybe I just like Depeche Mode.

Re: Batman, I think their costume decisions worked. Main Earth Batman had very advanced looking, Christopher Nolan style armor, complete with the seperate head from shoulders helmet. Whereas resistnace Batman had the older style, clunkier, and beat up suit, as he was cut off from the majority of his resources.[DOUBLEPOST=1366650979][/DOUBLEPOST]
So, I'm totally in love with Sinestro. Been playing him online, and I can rack up some decent combos with him. His special ability is dumb as hell, though. You have to charge it up and it gives you three low damage laser blasts. But his EX moves more than make up for it.

His power is great. You have to decide if you want to trade damage for the opportunity to charge it, since you're really only going to charge it on knockdown. But two knockdowns (or two fear bindings) will give you plenty of time to charge it, and once you do his meta changes. His power isn't for damage, none of his kit is. He's a zoning character, and those three shots all provide knockdown and can make his unsafe on block moves safe by firing them out at the end. It's completely detached from him, and can be fired any time he isn't being hit, so you can fire it off to lock down your opponent while you escape.

Sinestro is a lot like Noob in MK. He's at his strongest when he's on the other side of the screen from you. He builds meter quickly, and his meter burn specials (specifically fear bolt and boulder drop) are amazing.

Espy

Espy

That's some serious hyperbole. I think people forget just what the Wii looked like.

The cutscenes are done in-engine, so up close the secondary characters aren't always going to be super detailed. But I think it looks fine for the comic style they were going for.
I dunno, still looks about 3 or 4 years behind where everything else is these days. It won't stop me from playing it though, but it disappoints me.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Looks like they're doing first month DLC while the game is still at full price and its characters:
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/04/22/and-the-first-injustice-dlc-character-is

GasBandit

GasBandit

I dunno, still looks about 3 or 4 years behind where everything else is these days. It won't stop me from playing it though, but it disappoints me.
Of course it looks 3 or 4 years behind where everything else (PC) is... it's a console game. The hardware is 7-8 years old.

Frank

Frank

Yeah, it's just the Unreal 3 engine showing it's age.

Bowielee

Bowielee

So, forgot to mention in relation to the story:

Holy shitballs, that scene where Superman heat visions right through Captain Marvel's skull????????????? I thought the scenes was horrible enough at first, and then I reminded myself that Billy Batson is just a little kid, and Supes knows that. So, he straight up melted the skull of a little boy.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Holy shitballs, that scene where Superman heat visions right through Captain Marvel's skull????????????? I thought the scenes was horrible enough at first, and then I reminded myself that Billy Batson is just a little kid, and Supes knows that. So, he straight up melted the skull of a little boy.
Fuck yeah, my jaw dropped.

Superman said:
Anyone else?

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

Fuck yeah, my jaw dropped.

It's the part where Captain Marval attempts to say "Shazam" and Superman cuts him off by saying "Shhhh" with his frost breath, before doing the heat vision skull melt, that really sent a bit of a shiver down my spine.

Also got to give them credit for making Aquaman of all people look like a badass for the most part, though his One Earth version was kind of a hipsterish looking douche. Poor Hawkgirl though, never gets a time to shine at all as a hero, just a bad guy.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

It's the part where Captain Marval attempts to say "Shazam" and Superman cuts him off by saying "Shhhh" with his frost breath, before doing the heat vision skull melt, that really sent a bit of a shiver down my spine.

Also got to give them credit for making Aquaman of all people look like a badass for the most part, though his One Earth version was kind of a hipsterish looking douche. Poor Hawkgirl though, never gets a time to shine at all as a hero, just a bad guy.
Let's be honest, no one cares about Hawkgirl.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

Let's be honest, no one cares about Hawkgirl.
I... I care about Hawkgirl. :(

I find her cooler (and hotter) then Wonder Woman.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I disagree. Wonder Woman is epitome of teh sex. Disagreed with an opinion? Oh no I didn't!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Well, I'll also admit that I don't actually know a whole lot about Hawkgirl. She's always been a background character in the stuff I've read.

But if the world's in danger, and I can only call upon one of them to save my ass? Diana's got it covered.

GasBandit

GasBandit

All I really know about hawkgirl came from watching JL/JLU.

I'm a sucker for redheads.

fade

fade

Is what Captain Marvel said in Dark Knight 2 canon? If so, Marvel swaps with Batson. I don't know enough to say.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Is what Captain Marvel said in Dark Knight 2 canon? If so, Marvel swaps with Batson. I don't know enough to say.
I never read Dark Knight 2, but in main continuity, Billy is simply imbibed with the power of Shazam (Wisdom of Solomon, Strength of Hercules, Stamina of Atlas, Power of Zeus, Courage of Achilles, and Speed of Mercury). Prior too the new 52, Billy actually became Shazam himself when the Wizard Shazam was killed during the Day of Vengeance event (lead up to Final Crisis). He is not a separate being.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

For those who don't have the game and aren't into fighters but would like to see how the story plays out:

(Spoiler: It's 3hrs long)

Also it seems Injustice isn't just a good game, it's a solid fighter respected by the fighting game community:
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/08/injustice-joins-evo-2013s-lineup-dlc-coming-to-wii-u-this-summ/
(Evo is the biggest fighting game tournament around where the best of the best play for top spot.)

Bowielee

Bowielee

I have to say that the game is super fun. I love the king of the hill mode. I'm glad they carried that over from MK9. Lobo just came out and he's a fully realized character, not just a palette swap of another character. Batgirl is the next character to come out.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Oh my god. I was dreading Babs, but if she doesn't look super fun to play...

Also, anyone else in support of starting a KotH group!? Are there enough of you playing this on ps3?[DOUBLEPOST=1368114228][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm a sucker for redheads.
Oh, then you gotta love Babs.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Her design is ridiculous. She's got the classic purple cowl, but then the rest is black body armour with an ugly yellow on top that doesn't go well with it at all.

Then again, most of the costumes - much like DC's current comics - are over designed.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I wish I saw this thread earlier too. I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT IT.

Favorite characters? Which skin do you typically use?

I'm torn between Supes and Green Arrow. Supes is obviously always in his Red Son outfit.[DOUBLEPOST=1368114514][/DOUBLEPOST]Oooh, oooh. And in the story mode...

How amazing was it when Supes comes in? Like, the real TRUTH, JUSTICE AND THE AMERICAN WAY Supes? Goddamn. "I won't let you torment these people any longer."

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oh, then you gotta love Babs.
You know it. I'd rearrange her lower spine any day.

BananaHands

BananaHands

You know it. I'd rearrange her lower spine any day.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Her design is ridiculous. She's got the classic purple cowl, but then the rest is black body armour with an ugly yellow on top that doesn't go well with it at all.
Opinions are awesome cause I think she looks fantastic. The Yellow really helps the suit standout and the nod to her purple cowl is great.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Except it doesn't work as a whole. The purple stands out like like a sore thumb with the rest and the yellow clashes horribly with everything.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Opinions are awesome.
HOW DARE YOU HAVE A CONTRASTING OPINION.

I kind of like her outfit. Also props to not having manly jaws like the rest of the female characters.

I wish Batman used as many gadgets as she does.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I wish Batman used as many gadgets as she does.
Bats is a better fighter though, he doesn't need to rely on them as much as she does.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Bats is a better fighter though, he doesn't need to rely on them as much as she does.
True.

Either way, I can't wait to use those smoke-bomb teleports on someone using Deathstroke.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Except it doesn't work as a whole. The purple stands out like like a sore thumb with the rest and the yellow clashes horribly with everything.
Babs has always had the yellow bat symbol. I agree that if they were going to make the cowl purple, they should have just made the rest of the costume purple.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Grundy don't stop.

Not shown here is that Grundy has a great move called Walking Corpse. It causes him to walk forward and grab his opponent into a throw. The great thing about it is the walk has armor, so he can't be hit out of it, he just keeps coming, AND you can cancel out of the walk at the last minute. This means you can walk through your opponents attacks and projectiles to punch them in the face and start relentlessly comboing them.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I need to look up some good Sinestro Juggles. I've gotten up to an 8 hit combo with him, but it's hard to pull off and you have to use meter burns to get there, and use his special ability, which you have to charge up. He's a ranged beast, though with a ton of ways to get distance. He's probably still my favorite character. I don't know why, but I still hate the back to forward moves, like Shazam's lightning charge (though Shazam is a BEAST). Does anyone know how to counter Raven's telekinetic crush move?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Ed Boon created a new poll asking who we'd want for the next round of DLC characters, mentioned that he excluded Martian Man Hunter because he knew he'd win, so I'm sure we're either going to get him at the end of this season or beginning of the next.

DLC Survey!

As much as I'd love Swamp Thing... gonna have to go with Power Girl. Can't wait for her "My eyes are up here" line when she knocks off the first health bar.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Dr. Fate, all the way.

I sure as hell hope that Red Hood doesn't win. We already have one Robin, thank you very much.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Dr. Fate, all the way.

I sure as hell hope that Red Hood doesn't win. We already have one Robin, thank you very much.
It's a Bat-Character. We're going to get him regardless.

Then Ace the Bat-Hound
Then Batwoman.
Then Batwing.
Then Alfred.
THEN we'll get MMH.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Doctor Fate: Yes please
Power Girl or Supergirl: We need more Kryptonians for sure.
Huntress, Booster Gold or Deadshot: Another solid ranged.
Bleeze or Atrocidus: Need some Red Lantern representation.
Blue Beetle: Because he's Blue Beetle.

Oh and to address the jaw dropping moments like the Billy scene, how about when
Batman reveals that Nightwing is Damian, after murdering Dick? The way Batman tells him that Dick was his son instead of Damian? That was rough.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Doctor Face: Yes please
Power Girl or Supergirl: We need more Kryptonians for sure.
Huntress, Booster Gold or Deadshot: Another solid ranged.
Bleeze or Atrocidus: Need some Red Lantern representation.
Blue Beetle: Because he's Blue Beetle.
Could you imagine a super where Atrocidus sends Dex-Starr at the person?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Fuck yeah to Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. As much as I love Power Girl, I don't want to see any other kryptonians, simply because I think they'd be too similar to Superman. I keep hearing everyone want Zod included, but if he is, I'd just want him to be a skin and voice pack for Superman and not a real character (evil supes even already tells people to kneel, so why do we need him?).

As overcrowded as the bat family already is, I actually would like Red Hood. We need some more villains, and I have a hard time coming up with some that aren't from Batman. Maybe Larfleeze? Bizarro would make a good 'big' character like Bane or Doomsday. Deadshot... is probably too much like Deathstroke. Darkseid? Eh, doesn't really fit, and he's already a stage transition.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Oh, man... for villains I'd love to see:
  • Larfleeze
  • Mirror Master
  • Captain Cold (I know, keep dreaming. We've got Killer Frost)
  • Vandal Savage
  • Black Manta
  • Ocean Master
  • Gorilla Grodd would be interesting I guess...
  • Doctor Light?

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Ravenpoe - Supergirl or Powergirl would add alot to the game I think, in terms of sex appeal and gameplay.
Zod? As a skin, maybe but he's not quite as beefy as Supes.
Given the choice between Red Hood and Deadshot, I'd take Deadshot. Saying he's too much like Deathstroke would be like saying why bother with Sinestro when he's basically Hal? They can definitely be different.
Bizarro would be interesting, and Darkseid WILL be put in the game, just watch.

fade

fade

Mirror Master would make a good fighting game villain. The moves you could program for him would be great.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Volcana? Might be a nice counterpoint to Killer Frost. Captain Boomerang? Metallo? Parasite?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I felt they were already kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel for villains, because who the fuck is Killer Frost?

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I felt they were already kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel for villains, because who the fuck is Killer Frost?
Edjucate jo self
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Frost
http://www.comicvine.com/killer-frost/4005-3415/
http://www.comicvine.com/crystal-frost/4005-79254/

fade

fade

Firestorm is one of those characters they have to come up with contrivances for, because he'd otherwise be way overpowered.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Tell 'em, Trevor.

Also, I can't wait for a later movie when a group of villains goes to break 'The Mandarin' out of prison to recruit him for the Masters of Evil.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I could understand a passing lay-ignorance of Killer Frost if not for the fact she featured so prominently in the JL/JLU AU rogue's gallery.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I could understand a passing lay-ignorance of Killer Frost if not for the fact she featured so prominently in the JL/JLU AU rogue's gallery.
And ice boobies.

See also: Milkshakes

PatrThom

PatrThom

I don't play this game, but I'd like to see Metamorpho/Element Man added, as well as Rac Shade (the original Ditko one), and I'm with wanting Moon Knight or Dr. Fate as well.
(...if these people aren't already in the game, that is)

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I don't play this game, but I'd like to see Metamorpho/Element Man added, as well as Rac Shade (the original Ditko one), and I'm with wanting Moon Knight or Dr. Fate as well.
(...if these people aren't already in the game, that is)

--Patrick
Moon Knight is marvel, unless there's a different one?

phil

phil

Dr. Mid-nite?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Lobo is fun.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Moon Knight is marvel, unless there's a different one?
Nope. You are correct. I may have been thinking of Dr. Fate twice. My bad.

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

Man, you don't see too many people who tout the qualities of JL/U more than me and even all I know about Killer Frost is she's mean and has ice powers.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Batgirl is TOO good.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Scorpion next. BOO!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Scorpion next. BOO!
Booooooo.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Scorpion isn't terrible, and they announced another season of DLC!

My psn is Brotendo64, why aren't we beating eachother up?

Bowielee

Bowielee

Did you even accept my friend invitation :p

Just set a time, and I'll be there. It's summer, and I have basically all of monday through friday off.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Wife and I watched the cutscenes last night. I doubt I'll play the game, but this is probably the best storyline a fighting game has ever had. If I had any complaints, it's that Green Lantern has zero creativity compared to GL on JLU, and if the Joker hadn't been taken along for the ride, it wouldn't have really made any difference. I can see why Mark Hamill wouldn't have come out of retirement for this Joker role (vs Arkham City). That said, he had some good lines. Otherwise, it was great. Lots of awesome Green Arrow moments, the disparity between our Superman and this one was chilling, Batman's role was excellent, and they got pretty brutal here.

Deaths of Lex Luthor and Captain Marvel Shazam.

We've been watching a lot of JLU lately, so it was cool having what was essentially a CGI movie of that to sit back and enjoy.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Wife and I watched the cutscenes last night. I doubt I'll play the game, but this is probably the best storyline a fighting game has ever had. If I had any complaints, it's that Green Lantern has zero creativity compared to GL on JLU, and if the Joker hadn't been taken along for the ride, it wouldn't have really made any difference. I can see why Mark Hamill wouldn't have come out of retirement for this Joker role (vs Arkham City). That said, he had some good lines. Otherwise, it was great. Lots of awesome Green Arrow moments, the disparity between our Superman and this one was chilling, Batman's role was excellent, and they got pretty brutal here.

We've been watching a lot of JLU lately, so it was cool having what was essentially a CGI movie of that to sit back and enjoy.
Dat ending.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

How funny, I got my wife to watch it as a movie (just cutscenes) last night as well. She's a DC fan much like myself and enjoyed it throughly.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Dat ending.
That was a clever prison they devised, but knowing how often good guy Superman breaks the rules to win the day, I don't see it lasting forever.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Dat ending.
WHY AREN'T YOU LETTING ME BEAT YOU UP!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Bowielee

Bowielee

So, Zod is the final season pass character. I don't know what their plans are for future DLC. I'm hoping that they keep adding characters.

While I don't like Zod being the last new character due to its obvious attempt to grab at the Man of Steel audience, he is fun as hell to play.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So, Zod is the final season pass character. I don't know what their plans are for future DLC. I'm hoping that they keep adding characters.

While I don't like Zod being the last new character due to its obvious attempt to grab at the Man of Steel audience, he is fun as hell to play.

At first I was upset that Zod was the 4th DLC character. I mean, we already have an evil Superman option in the game, and he even already demands that you kneel. But then I saw the gameplay, and the awesome way he stands with his hands behind his back, and his fighting style that's far more militarized than Superman's, involving kryptonian weaponry, and I'm totally ok with it now.

Bowielee

Bowielee

They kinda teased Martian Manhunter at the end of the Scorpion trailer, so I'm hoping that they do at least one more round of DLC characters.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Also, Zod's special ability is almost overpowered. I can pretty easily get off 9-12 hit combos with that phantom zone monster.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Aside from Scorpion being out of place and completely OP, this season of DLC wasn't too bad.

Also, if the rumors are true we're getting Martian Man Hunter, Power Girl, Red Hood and Swamp Thing.

I'd still love Captain Cold or Mirror Master but siiiiigh. Also, logging on Bowliee. Time to kneel.

Bowielee

Bowielee

What the heck BananaHands you lose one match and quit :p

Bad form, old boy.

BananaHands

BananaHands

What the heck BananaHands you lose one match and quit :p

Bad form, old boy.
You logged off! I thought you wanted to quit on top with that nightwing victory and got so bummed!

Bowielee

Bowielee

I thought you had quit out of the game and it was the only reason I even had my PS3 fired up :p

I was just about to play a round as Batgirl.

Rematches are in order. Definitely.

It seems like we were pretty evenly matched, seeing as our matches were pretty close. That makes it much more fun.

Bowielee

Bowielee

OK, so I'm gonna go ahead and set this up. Wednesday 07/10/13 6PM CST. Anyone who has this game, log on and let's try to get enough people to do a KOTH match. We can negotiate time, but I'm getting sick of us not having a HF smackdown.

BananaHands Ravenpoe Let's do this!!!!!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

OK, so I'm gonna go ahead and set this up. Wednesday 07/10/13 6PM CST. Anyone who has this game, log on and let's try to get enough people to do a KOTH match. We can negotiate time, but I'm getting sick of us not having a HF smackdown.

BananaHands Ravenpoe Let's do this!!!!!
I can do this.

I haven't played since the release of lobo, so I'm pretty terrible.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I can do this.

I haven't played since the release of lobo, so I'm pretty terrible.
Brush up, play through the arcade mode to get the Batgirl and Zod endings (man, fuck Scorpion). It will be fun on a bun.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Brush up, play through the arcade mode to get the Batgirl and Zod endings (man, fuck Scorpion). It will be fun on a bun.
I don't have any of the DLC. I'm still unemployed, so dlc for a game I don't play that often seems like a pointless expense.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I can do this too. Who else has this for ps3?

BananaHands

BananaHands

WHERE ARE YOU SUBJECTS.

LAY PRAISE TO KING SUPERMAN.

BananaHands

BananaHands

;_;

Bowielee

Bowielee

Well, at least nanna hands and I were able to beat the snot out of each other for a while.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Bane against Green Arrow was a terrible idea.

Bowielee

Bowielee

lol, yeah, I smacked you down pretty hard that match.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Anyone wanna play? Ravenpoe or Bowielee ?[DOUBLEPOST=1373733178][/DOUBLEPOST]Wait false alarm roommate is watching portlandia >:|

BananaHands

BananaHands

Ummmmm.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

There is SO much love going into this game, it's crazy.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Hells yeah. Jon Stewart GL skin with the voice actor from JLU. As long as they keep releasing content, I'm gonna keep buying it.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

He beat GL? Martian Manhunter OP.

Also... dat John Stewart skin![DOUBLEPOST=1373846675][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hells yeah. Jon Stewart GL skin

Wrong Stewart. But that would be awesome.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I love the fact that they got many of the voice actors from the cartoons to play their characters. Too bad Mark Hamill retired from voicing the Joker before this came out.

BananaHands

BananaHands

;_; no one will play KOTH with me.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'm ready anytime during the week. I work solid through the weekend with only a few hours every day where I'm not sleeping or working.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Y'know, I'd love to see a less serious character for DLC. Lobo is kinda jokey, but I'm talking Ambush Bug, Mr. Mxyzptlk, or The Creeper.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Y'know, I'd love to see a less serious character for DLC. Lobo is kinda jokey, but I'm talking Ambush Bug, Mr. Mxyzptlk, or The Creeper.
Green Arrow is fun!

Bowielee

Bowielee

Green Arrow is fun!
I'm talking really crazy weird. Think Bat-Mite or ... OH, OH! The Wonder Twins! I want to see them just go nuts for at least one character.

OR

The Trickster- two birds, one stone. A member of the Rogues and a goofy character.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Anyone got an hour to kill?

PatrThom

PatrThom

The Creeper.
THIS would be ... interesting.

--Patrick

Bowielee

Bowielee

Martian Manhunter is out for 4.99. I played around with him for awhile. I have a feeling he's going to be one of those characters that are weak unless you really know how to play him. His special ability is super useful because he can do a standard combo from far away.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Zatanna, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Zatanna, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear character designers: she can be sexy without her tits hanging out. Button up the shirt. It looks as ridiculous as when artists draw Catwoman's current costume with the zipper down to her naval.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dear character designers: she can be sexy without her tits hanging out. Button up the shirt. It looks as ridiculous as when artists draw Catwoman's current costume with the zipper down to her naval.
Just be glad they went with something like her classic outfit and not that horrible new 52 goth getup.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

So do you guys have to pay $5 per character?

Bowielee

Bowielee

So do you guys have to pay $5 per character?
Yes, there isn't a second season pass so the going rate for additional characters is 4.99.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Kind of lame.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Just be glad they went with something like her classic outfit and not that horrible new 52 goth getup.
Still, there's something wrong with her character design, and I can't quite put my finger on it. I suppose it's because she looks less like a top hat-wearing Gypsy, and more like Depp's Willy Wonka.

--Patrick

BananaHands

BananaHands

Yeah, I'm bummed about the second season pass not happening, but it really seems like they're keeping fans more in mind with this set of characters so it's kind of worth it.

I really hope we don't get Red Hood next. We're do for a bad guy though. Mirror Master?? Larfleeze?