I'm having a goddamn panic attack here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your "friend" is willing to cut you off without even giving you a chance to tell your side, you're better off without him. That said, ending a relationship usually ends up with some friends choosing sides, and given how hard your ex seems to work at manipulating people and spinning events to make herself look good...this probably shouldn't be a surprise.

Dave

Staff member
When a couple splits, their friends have to make a decision as to whom they will continue to see. It's HIGHLY unusual that a couple that splits both stay friends with their other "couple" friends. And in this case the guy is choosing his wife over you. He's choosing the easy way out, but I totally understand why he did it.

There's nothing you can do. Quit calling him as well. I know he's been your friend since 1st grade but you won't win against a wife. Fighting this will do nothing but hurt and frustrate you.

Deep breaths and go play a game for a while.

S

Soliloquy

I don't do anything BUT play games anymore, though. I don't have any friends in town, and I'm too broke to do anything but sit around my apartment all day.

Dave

Staff member
I don't do anything BUT play games anymore, though. I don't have any friends in town, and I'm too broke to do anything but sit around my apartment all day.
Free things to do to get out & meet people:

• Go walk around the park. Works really, really well if you also have a dog.
  • Go to a book store. Usually you can lounge and read as well as browse.
  • Go to your local comic book/gaming store. Look for a game. Contact them. I've met some amazing people that way.
  • Go to your work/school's exercise area & work out. If your work or school has a workout area.
If disappearing into games isn't your thing right now because you're doing it too much, than you need to get out. Yes, at first you'll feel like a forever alone, but once you figure out how that it's okay to be alone even in public you'll be surprised at how much confidence you'll have.

I am reminded of one Halforumer who was having problems with his friend inviting another friend over to a party which was exclusively for his friend. Name escapes me but I'm having flashbacks.

I'm running low on friends.
That sucks, dude. Sorry to hear it.

I'd advise you to leave them alone and wait for them to contact you - if ever. Continuing to try to call them for any reason, let alone to "explain your side of the story" is simply going to end even worse than it is right now.

Whether they will want to remain friends with you - time will tell. However it's quite obvious that they are choosing to support her.

You'll need to cultivate new friendships. It's hard, but it's worth it.

S

Soliloquy

So... things just got turned on their head.

I won't go into detail out of respect for her privacy, but... let's just say that seeing her losing hair and the fact that she coughs up blood after any physical exertion puts a different perspective on her sudden change in behavior.

Huh.

Did she tell you the cause and, be very honest, did it sound rational? Like, was there any part of you that said "This sounds weird to me."

S

Soliloquy

Let's just say that my internet research after finding out showed that there's an increased risk of it happening to someone the earlier in life that they start having sex.

She was five.

Dude, stop calling my cell. You're annoying my wife. ZOMG

Honestly though, sorry to hear how things go but that's how it is when you go out with someone within your circle of friends, people will choose and more than likely since your breasts aren't as big as hers, you're going to lose.

My best friend, "Joe", dated my wife's best friend, "Lizzy", for a little over a year and they broke up. I know Lizzy pretty well too, and consider her a good friend. When she and Joe broke up, my wife and Lizzy were kinda pissed that I would still go hang out with Joe. I told them both to grow up, and that I'm not going to stop hanging out with my one of my best friends since 8th grade. Lizzy was mad, but she got over it (especially when she got married a couple years down the road). I'm still friends with both parties.

Your friend is a douche if he stops being your friend over a woman. Especially if said woman isn't even on his nookie list, so it just means he's completely spineless when it comes to standing up to his own wife.

So... things just got turned on their head.

I won't go into detail out of respect for her privacy, but... let's just say that seeing her losing hair and the fact that she coughs up blood after any physical exertion puts a different perspective on her sudden change in behavior.
Damn dude, you know how to pick the crazies...

I am reminded of one Halforumer who was having problems with his friend inviting another friend over to a party which was exclusively for his friend. Name escapes me but I'm having flashbacks.
Oh God, that was a nightmare. Was it Ironbrig?

Status
Not open for further replies.