Im going to be a father. His name is Antonio and he will avenge my death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Im going to be a father. Now I need a name.

JCM, that's fantastic! Congratulations!

I still giggle to think that the Forum Jesus is going to have a kid! The only Grandson of God?

J

JCM

what's your dad's name?
Sadly I never had a father.... he ran off before I was born, never wanted to go after him.[/QUOTE]

Well fuck naming your kid after him then. How about your name? or the mother's father?[/QUOTE]Her father is also non-existant, but we´re adding her grandmother´s name in (and skipping my family name, as my mother had it deleted from her name and my siblings all have arabic names).

P

Philosopher B.

I've always liked the name Jack ... and Thaddeus.

J

JCM

JCM... No one's prepared to be a parent.

How can you even be "prepared" for a little bologna loaf who is of your flesh and blood, and who will rely on you for protection and love?
Pretty much this.... finacially, I am prepared, but the rest, I guess its going to be like jumping off a plane without checking if that is the parachute bag Im with.

North_Ranger

Staff member

I would suggest "Nicodemus"... but I don't want the little fella to get beaten up at school for a funny name ;)

Dave

Staff member

I'm not suggesting a name because mine would all be very "Euro-centric". But whatever you pick will be fine.

And you'll be very, very nervous and scared to think you'll mess something up and you won't. There are no manuals and all of these people can't tell you what's right by your own child. Every kid is different and the same things don't work the same for each.

You'll find a way....dad.

J

JCM

JCM, that's fantastic! Congratulations!

I still giggle to think that the Forum Jesus is going to have a kid! The only Grandson of God?
Don't let Dan Brown hear about this...[/QUOTE]:rofl:

Luiza´s gonna die laughing when I tell her this. Thanks guys, need to go and see her now.

North_Ranger

Staff member

JCM... No one's prepared to be a parent.

How can you even be "prepared" for a little bologna loaf who is of your flesh and blood, and who will rely on you for protection and love?
Pretty much this.... finacially, I am prepared, but the rest, I guess its going to be like jumping off a plane without checking if that is the parachute bag Im with.[/QUOTE]

Probably.

Now, this is a little silly coming from a childless single guy, but...

Love him, but don't smother him.

Set boundaries, but don't be his jailor.

Be there when he needs you, but also let him scrape his knees by himself.

And don't ever let the Ewok babysit him ;)

Dave

Staff member

Crap! I forgot to tell you to give her a big hug for me. And don't forget to make her feel beautiful for the new few months because she's going to feel fat and unwanted. It's your job to help her through that.

Congratulations!

All those angelic names are really cool too... What was your surname again? C.... what? Because how they both sound together is important!!

EDIT:

Now I saw the "skipping your surname thing". Well, how the kid's surname and name sound together are important anyway!

North_Ranger

Staff member

Crap! I forgot to tell you to give her a big hug for me. And don't forget to make her feel beautiful for the new few months because she's going to feel fat and unwanted. It's your job to help her through that.
This.

Never understood the "fat and unwanted" thing m'self... I think there's something incredibly beautiful and sexy about pregnant women. *shrugs*

Green_Lantern

Staff member

What we have in mind is Raphael ("God heals", Rafael in Portuguese), or Michael ("Who is like God"), after the angels.

Dave wouldnt get pronounced right here, they´d say it like Daaaavii
How about Brutus? that would be ironic... specially when he turns a teenager. Is a boy?

Anyway, Parabens.

T

ThatNickGuy

As someone else said: No one's ever fully prepared to be a parent.

A friend of mine gave birth to her first baby (a son) a few months ago. One comment she left on Facebook one day? "How can one small human being excrete so much mess!?"

Not going to lie to you sir, Frank, Francis, Francois, Francesco, Franklin and Franz are all fantastic names for a boy.

Also, congratulations.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Yes, name him The Doctor

O

Occasional Poster

Congratulations!

W

Wasabi Poptart

Congratulations to you both!

Yes, name him The Doctor
I had an Uncle named Doctor...

There is a little tradition of using doctor last names for first names in our family. Dr Mueke became my brother Mickey (homonyms.) Doctor Younger became my Uncle, Doctor(first name) Younger(middle name) [Last Name Here]. Either the mom was loopy or the nurse that wrote down the name was.

Congrats JCM.

A

Andromache

How about Caligula?

C

Chazwozel

What we have in mind is Raphael ("God heals", Rafael in Portuguese), or Michael ("Who is like God"), after the angels.

Dave wouldnt get pronounced right here, they´d say it like Daaaavii
Congrats!

Welcome to hell!

Definitely go to with Michael, unless you want your kid named after a Ninja Turtle. ;)

C

Chazwozel

Definitely go to with Michael, unless you want your kid named after a Ninja Turtle. ;)

:facepalm:[/QUOTE]

If someone's named Michelangelo, maybe. I don't get what the facepalm's for... I typically don't expect nunchucks busted out when I'm introduced to a guy named Mike.

Hearty congratulations, Julio and Luiza. :D

As for a name, may I suggest Euripides? It's a classic!

Congrats!

Man I may be thinking far into the furture but when the kid turns into a teenager the fights- I mean - debates between parent and teen are going to be epic in length!

Actually even has a wee one I imagine the argument to why the kid can't have an icecream before supper will be riddled with references on how it can or can not spoil supper and y the time it is resolved supper will be cold.

Dave

Staff member

Name him Oedipus. Watch the hilarity when he gets to school. ;)

If someone's named Michelangelo, maybe. I don't get what the facepalm's for... I typically don't expect nunchucks busted out when I'm introduced to a guy named Mike.
Neither do I, but does not change the fact that you named a Turtle as your secondary option.

Status
Not open for further replies.