Im going to be a father. His name is Antonio and he will avenge my death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr_Chaz

Im going to be a father. Now I need a name.

Congrats! And a pre-emptive goodbye :p Your free time may just disappear soon.

Calvin?
Hobbes?
Nero?
Hal?

Or hell, instead of The Doctor, just call him The.

You people do realize that this kid is gonna go to school in the early 2010s, where kids won't really make the ninja turtles connection like we kids of the 80s did, right?

You people do realize that this kid is gonna go to school in the early 2010s, where kids won't really make the ninja turtles connection like we kids of the 80s did, right?
They have been fairly big for the last 20 years, and have been in the media and the toy aisle in one form or another for most of that time. I'd venture to say that with their staying power that there will be an updated version by then, or it will be on Boomerang or Hulu.

I don't agree. They tried to make a comeback with the new series, and although mildly successful it was nowhere near the fad it became in the early 90s.

Hell, the TMNT movie isn't even getting a sequel. And the new series was faltering in ratings so much they tried sending them to the future for a whole season.

Yeah, I think he could name him Michaelangelo and he'd be safe around other kids his age.

Cajungal

Staff member

Plus it's a beautiful name.

T

Twitch

I always wanted to name my kid Ozymandias from the poem. Watchmen ruined this for me, now I'm willing to settle for Ramses. People tell me he'll be taunted in school and I can see it now.
"Oooh, look at Ramses over there! The greatest of the Pharaohs!"
What I'm getting at is that more people should name their children after great leaders. I met an Erwin once, his parents were amazing and not nazis at all. Not that anyone believes that.

Congrats!

However, picking a name is the least of the new expectations you'll have to meet. I personally prefer ADÃO, but I'm sure you and Luiza will choose something that you both like.

Good luck!

-Adam

As a father of an almost 13 month old named Gabriel Charles <last name>, I'd have to say Gabriel is a good name. Charles is the first name of my paternal grandfather.

If we would have had a girl, we were going to name her Seraphina Viola (shortened first name of Sera (US Citizen) would have been a pronounced in a similar way to the first name of my wife's aunt who my wife helped raise her aunt's kids before her aunt passed away from cancer. The Viola part came from both of our maternal grandmothers.

Of course, not everyone has to take namings from people.

Another thing to think about would be to see if their name works good to yell - cause kids never get in trouble. :whistling:

I always wanted to name my kid Ozymandias from the poem. Watchmen ruined this for me, now I'm willing to settle for Ramses. People tell me he'll be taunted in school and I can see it now.
"Oooh, look at Ramses over there! The greatest of the Pharaohs!"
What I'm getting at is that more people should name their children after great leaders. I met an Erwin once, his parents were amazing and not nazis at all. Not that anyone believes that.
I had a prof who told us weekly not to name our children strange things. She urged us to remember that however much we might like a name, we need to think about how it can possibly be used to tease them in kindergarten.

Now, I'm not a parent yet. Nowhere near it, but that strikes me as bullshit. Yeah, your kid might get made fun of, but he/she'll get over it. And if he doesn't have a pervertable name, he'll quite likely be made fun of for something else.

Also, I will have a son named Soren. So that's my contribution to the thread.

Congratulations, JCM!

Just don't do what my parents did and pick a generic name because you can't agree on something more interesting. :p

Oh yeah. One of my middle names is Alvin. I got made fun of for that, but it's my father's name, and his father's name as well. One of my sons will have the name Alvin somewhere.

My parents chose names for my siblings and myself based on family names. If there was no one already with that name, then it was fine. Middle names were given in honor of various people. My sister's middle name is Elizabeth after both grandmothers, my middle name is David after my uncle that died when he was 16, and my brother's middle name is Powell after my mom's maiden name.

They chose that pattern because my father is a "the 3rd" and neither one wanted to continue the name. I kinda like that, so if I ever have a son, his middle name will be Robert after my late uncle.

My brother named his son Hadley and it seemed an odd choice to me at first, but I have grown to like it a lot.

Basically, JCM, I'm saying to name him what you want and honor those who deserve it. All the best. :D :thumbsup:

Ross

Staff member

I've always liked the name Ross (my middle name). I sometimes wish that was my first name instead.

Could go my brother's route and name your kid with one Unique name and one Common name. So that he can choose later on which he prefers.

T

Twitch

Ugh, Tiberius? That's the worst, let's name him after your dad racer.

Ross

Staff member

I've always liked the name Ross (my middle name). I sometimes wish that was my first name instead.
Then we could call you Rossputin... Vladimir Putin's wacky cousin?...[/QUOTE]
Heh, I thought about doing that, too. Though it kind of rolls off the tongue, it doesn't look too good on paper to me.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

In fact... BAM!

TY Ame for the name change.

Then we could call you Rossputin... Vladimir Putin's wacky cousin?...[/QUOTE]
Heh, I thought about doing that, too. Though it kind of rolls off the tongue, it doesn't look too good on paper to me.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

In fact... BAM!

TY Ame for the name change.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to see you quoted twice in a string, one with each name. I'm a child like that sometimes.

Green_Lantern

Staff member

JCM: escolha o que você quiser, menos Tiago ou Thiago, ou Tyago e qualquer variante

é o meu nome, é comum demais, para vc ter ideia noutro dia no meu escritório:

tava eu, e entrou o Thiago (filho do meu chefe), conversando com uma estagiária nova, ela comentou sobre o Tiago (namorado dela), quando eu recebo uma ligação e anoto o recado para o chefe, a mulher perguntou o meu nome e eu disse Thiago, e ela respondeu que eles também tem um Tiago lá.

Depois disso eu pensei que tinha que contar o incidente para o Thiago (meu amigo).

entendeu o meu drama?

JCM: escolha o que você quiser, menos Tiago ou Thiago, ou Tyago e qualquer variante

é o meu nome, é comum demais, para vc ter ideia noutro dia no meu escritório:

tava eu, e entrou o Thiago (filho do meu chefe), conversando com uma estagiária nova, ela comentou sobre o Tiago (namorado dela), quando eu recebo uma ligação e anoto o recado para o chefe, a mulher perguntou o meu nome e eu disse Thiago, e ela respondeu que eles também tem um Tiago lá.

Depois disso eu pensei que tinha que contar o incidente para o Thiago (meu amigo).

entendeu o meu drama?

Mr. T said:
Quit yo' Jibber Jabber!

Congrats!

When I named Jet I was reaching for a name that couldn't be shortened and was unique but not 'out there'. I just wanted something that stood out.

The nurses in the NICU said they had never had a Jet come in before so I guess we did good. :)

Translate.Google.com said:
choose what you want, unless James or James, or any variant and Tyago

is my name is too common, you have an idea for another day in my office:

eu tava and entered the Thiago (son of my head), talking with a new intern, she commented on the James (her boyfriend) when I get a call and take a message for the boss, she asked my name and I said James, and she replied that they also have a James there.

After that I thought I had to tell the incident to the Thiago (my friend).

understood my drama?
wut ?
bur?

Congrats Julio, may he bring you joy and a not too wild life. My only turns 16 in just a few hours, and I'm still not ready to have kids. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.