Export thread

Im going to be a father. His name is Antonio and he will avenge my death.

JCM

Just returned from a trip, then went to the hospital, Luiza´s 15 weeks pregnant, and its a boy.

*sniff*

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Im going to be a father.

Just returned from a trip, then went to the hospital, Luiza´s 15 weeks pregnant, and its a boy.

*sniff*
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hylian

Hylian

Im going to be a father.

congrats :clap:

Andi

Drachenherz

Im going to be a father.

I wish you, Luiza and the little one all the best!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Im going to be a father.

:eek:

Kitty Sinatra

Im going to be a father.

You have my condolences. I mean congratulations

No, wait. Yeah I was right the first time. Or was I? Dammit, I don't know the difference between condolences and congratulations. Congratulations are for the good things right. Congratulations. Wait, this is a good thing right? Cause I mean, you're crying. That makes me think this is a sad thing. Condolences, dude.

Oh I know: That's totally smurfing, JCM.

Andi

Drachenherz

Im going to be a father.

You have my condolences. I mean congratulations

No, wait. Yeah I was right the first time. Or was I? Dammit, I don't know the difference between condolences and congratulations. Congratulations are for the good things right. Congratulations. Wait, this is a good thing right? Cause I mean, you're crying. That makes me think this is a sad thing. Condolences, dude.

Oh I know: That's totally smurfing, JCM.
Either tears of joy or complete freak out.

I guess it's the former. :)

Gosh, want to be a father too...

JCM

Im going to be a father.

Errr, thanks.....

>_>

<_<

Why is everyone zombified?

Andi

Drachenherz

Im going to be a father.

Errr, thanks.....

>_>

<_<

Why is everyone zombified?
http://www.halforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9042
don't ask... And don't get near Shego or crone...

Kitty Sinatra

Im going to be a father.

Run dude. While you still can!

JCM

Im going to be a father.

I´ve always wanted a little baby zombie.... he´d be wonderful to have nearby when Mormons/Jehovah´s witnesses knock at my door.

Now I´m stuck at what name to give to him.... [:(]

Covar

Covar

Im going to be a father.

Congratulations.

Kitty Sinatra

Im going to be a father.

Name him Dave.

Philosopher B.

Im going to be a father.

Holy crap. That's rad. Congrats!

Kitty Sinatra

Im going to be a father. Now I need a name.

oh, name him Allen and he'll be a quiet little baby

Andi

Drachenherz

Im going to be a father.

I´ve always wanted a little baby zombie.... he´d be wonderful to have nearby when Mormons/Jehovah´s witnesses knock at my door.

Now I´m stuck at what name to give to him.... [:(]
Louis C. Ferrel?

:)

On a serious note: Do you really want this forum to find names for your soon-to-be-born son?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yes. The baby must be named Dave :D

In all seriousness, however... Congratulations to you and Luiza. May her morning sicknesses be few and mild.

Can we have some baby bump pictures? Pretty please? :)

bhamv3

bhamv3

WOOT! Congrats, lots and lots of congrats!

And put up a baby name poll.

phil

phil

George foreman

JCM

What we have in mind is Raphael ("God heals", Rafael in Portuguese), or Michael ("Who is like God"), after the angels.

Dave wouldnt get pronounced right here, they´d say it like Daaaavii

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Im going to be a father.

On a serious note: Do you really want this forum to find names for your soon-to-be-born son?
Why not? How is it different from picking up a name from a book or behindthename.com? ;)

Andi

Drachenherz

What we have in mind is Raphael ("God heals", Rafael in Portuguese), or Michael ("Who is like God"), after the angels.

What about "Zachariel", Michaels good companion? :)

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Why not? How is it different from picking up a name from a book or behindthename.com? ;)[/QUOTE]

One word:

BRraaaaaaaaaAAIIIIiiiiinnnnnnnnnssss...

*urglargrfffgllll*

No more questions, your honour...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

OOH! Almost a namesake, that one ^_^ My name is a Finnish version of Michael.

Kitty Sinatra

Yeah, my middle name is Michael. So I vote for that.

Covar

Covar

what's your dad's name?

Espy

Espy

Cadmus: A boy's name. From Greek Mythology. Brother of Europa. Planter of dragon seeds from which first Thebans sprang.

Your'e welcome.;)

Oh and congrats!

ThatNickGuy

Congrats, man! Is this your first?

Name him Raphael and I guarantee he'll be scarred for life when kids make fun of him in school for being named after a Ninja Turtle (the only Raph THEY know).

I like the name Michael, but it's common as all heck (I know at least a dozen different Mike's in my life).

If I ever have a son, I'd love to name him Gabriel. I just love that name.

I like Andi's suggestion for Zach, though. :)

Gusto

Gusto

Steve.

Andromache

congratulations!

Please name him Octavian.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Congrats, that's great news!

As for names, I always like names to be not too common, not too unique. For example, for my son I went with Micah as an alternative to Michael, because Michael is far too common a name (well, especially in the Chicago area...).

Math242

Math242

ooh you better enjoy your freedom while you still can !

congrats tho.

Boy should be named: JCM Junior

DUH

JCM

Seems Gabriel is the better choice so far, and it works in both English, Arabic and Portuguese... and like Nick, I love that name.

Zachariel (Zach) is also beautiful, and uncommon, Im taking it all down and sitting with Luiza to go through with it.
what's your dad's name?
Sadly I never had a father.... he ran off before I was born, never wanted to go after him.

Covar

Covar

what's your dad's name?
Sadly I never had a father.... he ran off before I was born, never wanted to go after him.[/QUOTE]

Well fuck naming your kid after him then. How about your name? or the mother's father?

JCM

Congrats, man! Is this your first?

Name him Raphael and I guarantee he'll be scarred for life when kids make fun of him in school for being named after a Ninja Turtle (the only Raph THEY know).

I like the name Michael, but it's common as all heck (I know at least a dozen different Mike's in my life).

If I ever have a son, I'd love to name him Gabriel. I just love that name.

I like Andi's suggestion for Zach, though. :)
My first, although Ive raised 3 siblings on my own (and taken care of my mother since I was 15).

Basically, Im prepared, and unprepared, at the same time.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

JCM... No one's prepared to be a parent.

How can you even be "prepared" for a little bologna loaf who is of your flesh and blood, and who will rely on you for protection and love?

Dave

Dave

JCM, that's fantastic! Congratulations!

I still giggle to think that the Forum Jesus is going to have a kid! The only Grandson of God?

JCM

what's your dad's name?
Sadly I never had a father.... he ran off before I was born, never wanted to go after him.[/QUOTE]

Well fuck naming your kid after him then. How about your name? or the mother's father?[/QUOTE]Her father is also non-existant, but we´re adding her grandmother´s name in (and skipping my family name, as my mother had it deleted from her name and my siblings all have arabic names).

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I still giggle to think that the Forum Jesus is going to have a kid! The only Grandson of God?
Don't let Dan Brown hear about this...

Philosopher B.

I've always liked the name Jack ... and Thaddeus.

JCM

How can you even be "prepared" for a little bologna loaf who is of your flesh and blood, and who will rely on you for protection and love?
Pretty much this.... finacially, I am prepared, but the rest, I guess its going to be like jumping off a plane without checking if that is the parachute bag Im with.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I would suggest "Nicodemus"... but I don't want the little fella to get beaten up at school for a funny name ;)

Dave

Dave

I'm not suggesting a name because mine would all be very "Euro-centric". But whatever you pick will be fine.

And you'll be very, very nervous and scared to think you'll mess something up and you won't. There are no manuals and all of these people can't tell you what's right by your own child. Every kid is different and the same things don't work the same for each.

You'll find a way....dad.

JCM

Don't let Dan Brown hear about this...[/QUOTE]:rofl:

Luiza´s gonna die laughing when I tell her this. Thanks guys, need to go and see her now.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Pretty much this.... finacially, I am prepared, but the rest, I guess its going to be like jumping off a plane without checking if that is the parachute bag Im with.[/QUOTE]

Probably.

Now, this is a little silly coming from a childless single guy, but...

Love him, but don't smother him.

Set boundaries, but don't be his jailor.

Be there when he needs you, but also let him scrape his knees by himself.

And don't ever let the Ewok babysit him ;)

Dave

Dave

Crap! I forgot to tell you to give her a big hug for me. And don't forget to make her feel beautiful for the new few months because she's going to feel fat and unwanted. It's your job to help her through that.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Congratulations!

All those angelic names are really cool too... What was your surname again? C.... what? Because how they both sound together is important!!

EDIT:

Now I saw the "skipping your surname thing". Well, how the kid's surname and name sound together are important anyway!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Crap! I forgot to tell you to give her a big hug for me. And don't forget to make her feel beautiful for the new few months because she's going to feel fat and unwanted. It's your job to help her through that.
This.

Never understood the "fat and unwanted" thing m'self... I think there's something incredibly beautiful and sexy about pregnant women. *shrugs*

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

How about Brutus? that would be ironic... specially when he turns a teenager. Is a boy?

Anyway, Parabens.

ThatNickGuy

As someone else said: No one's ever fully prepared to be a parent.

A friend of mine gave birth to her first baby (a son) a few months ago. One comment she left on Facebook one day? "How can one small human being excrete so much mess!?"

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Not going to lie to you sir, Frank, Francis, Francois, Francesco, Franklin and Franz are all fantastic names for a boy.

Also, congratulations.

Hylian

Hylian

Here are some suggestions for names

Worf
Jean-Luc
Quark
Neelix
Tom
Harry
Icheb
Miles
Julian
Odo
Chakotay
Tuvok
Kirk
Spock
William
Wesley
Q
Garek
Nog
Leonard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montgomery_ScottMontgomery
Hikaru
Pavel
Data
Geordi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doctor_%28Star_Trek%29The Doctor
Benjamin
Jake

Kitty Sinatra

Yes, name him The Doctor

Occasional Poster

Congratulations!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

The Doctor
NO PRESSURE! :rofl:

Wasabi Poptart

Congratulations to you both!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wonderful! Congrats! My best to both of you. :)

Covar

Covar

Yes, name him The Doctor
Doctor Who?

lafftaff

The Doctor
NO PRESSURE! :rofl:[/quote]

You should definitely go with a 'The' name.

And Congratulations!!

Fun Size

Fun Size

Congratulations. I like Gabriel myself of what you've put up here. Also, I'll share my post written to reassure pending parents that they can handle it:

http://www.dangerouslylowongrog.com/2009/04/also-theyre-harder-to-break-than-you.html

Kitty Sinatra

Chazzwozzer.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Yes, name him The Doctor
I had an Uncle named Doctor...

There is a little tradition of using doctor last names for first names in our family. Dr Mueke became my brother Mickey (homonyms.) Doctor Younger became my Uncle, Doctor(first name) Younger(middle name) [Last Name Here]. Either the mom was loopy or the nurse that wrote down the name was.

Congrats JCM.

Andromache

How about Caligula?

Chazwozel

Congrats!

Welcome to hell!

Definitely go to with Michael, unless you want your kid named after a Ninja Turtle. ;)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Definitely go to with Michael, unless you want your kid named after a Ninja Turtle. ;)

:facepalm:

bhamv3

bhamv3

:facepalm:[/QUOTE]

To be honest, ninja turtle was the first thing I thought of too when I saw Raphael.

Also:

Chazwozel

:facepalm:[/QUOTE]

If someone's named Michelangelo, maybe. I don't get what the facepalm's for... I typically don't expect nunchucks busted out when I'm introduced to a guy named Mike.

Simfers

Simfers

Hearty congratulations, Julio and Luiza. :D

As for a name, may I suggest Euripides? It's a classic!

Telephius

Telephius

Congrats!

Man I may be thinking far into the furture but when the kid turns into a teenager the fights- I mean - debates between parent and teen are going to be epic in length!

Actually even has a wee one I imagine the argument to why the kid can't have an icecream before supper will be riddled with references on how it can or can not spoil supper and y the time it is resolved supper will be cold.

Dave

Dave

Name him Oedipus. Watch the hilarity when he gets to school. ;)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

If someone's named Michelangelo, maybe. I don't get what the facepalm's for... I typically don't expect nunchucks busted out when I'm introduced to a guy named Mike.
Neither do I, but does not change the fact that you named a Turtle as your secondary option.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Congrats, JCM! :D

Mr_Chaz

Congrats! And a pre-emptive goodbye :p Your free time may just disappear soon.

Calvin?
Hobbes?
Nero?
Hal?

Or hell, instead of The Doctor, just call him The.

Calleja

Calleja

You people do realize that this kid is gonna go to school in the early 2010s, where kids won't really make the ninja turtles connection like we kids of the 80s did, right?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You people do realize that this kid is gonna go to school in the early 2010s, where kids won't really make the ninja turtles connection like we kids of the 80s did, right?
They have been fairly big for the last 20 years, and have been in the media and the toy aisle in one form or another for most of that time. I'd venture to say that with their staying power that there will be an updated version by then, or it will be on Boomerang or Hulu.

Calleja

Calleja

I don't agree. They tried to make a comeback with the new series, and although mildly successful it was nowhere near the fad it became in the early 90s.

Hell, the TMNT movie isn't even getting a sequel. And the new series was faltering in ratings so much they tried sending them to the future for a whole season.

Yeah, I think he could name him Michaelangelo and he'd be safe around other kids his age.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Plus it's a beautiful name.

Twitch

I always wanted to name my kid Ozymandias from the poem. Watchmen ruined this for me, now I'm willing to settle for Ramses. People tell me he'll be taunted in school and I can see it now.
"Oooh, look at Ramses over there! The greatest of the Pharaohs!"
What I'm getting at is that more people should name their children after great leaders. I met an Erwin once, his parents were amazing and not nazis at all. Not that anyone believes that.

strawman

strawman

Congrats!

However, picking a name is the least of the new expectations you'll have to meet. I personally prefer ADÃO, but I'm sure you and Luiza will choose something that you both like.

Good luck!

-Adam

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

As a father of an almost 13 month old named Gabriel Charles <last name>, I'd have to say Gabriel is a good name. Charles is the first name of my paternal grandfather.

If we would have had a girl, we were going to name her Seraphina Viola (shortened first name of Sera (US Citizen) would have been a pronounced in a similar way to the first name of my wife's aunt who my wife helped raise her aunt's kids before her aunt passed away from cancer. The Viola part came from both of our maternal grandmothers.

Of course, not everyone has to take namings from people.

Another thing to think about would be to see if their name works good to yell - cause kids never get in trouble. :whistling:

Rob King

Rob King

I always wanted to name my kid Ozymandias from the poem. Watchmen ruined this for me, now I'm willing to settle for Ramses. People tell me he'll be taunted in school and I can see it now.
"Oooh, look at Ramses over there! The greatest of the Pharaohs!"
What I'm getting at is that more people should name their children after great leaders. I met an Erwin once, his parents were amazing and not nazis at all. Not that anyone believes that.
I had a prof who told us weekly not to name our children strange things. She urged us to remember that however much we might like a name, we need to think about how it can possibly be used to tease them in kindergarten.

Now, I'm not a parent yet. Nowhere near it, but that strikes me as bullshit. Yeah, your kid might get made fun of, but he/she'll get over it. And if he doesn't have a pervertable name, he'll quite likely be made fun of for something else.

Also, I will have a son named Soren. So that's my contribution to the thread.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Congratulations, JCM!

Just don't do what my parents did and pick a generic name because you can't agree on something more interesting. :p

Rob King

Rob King

Oh yeah. One of my middle names is Alvin. I got made fun of for that, but it's my father's name, and his father's name as well. One of my sons will have the name Alvin somewhere.

Shannow

Shannow

Congratulations.

General Specific

General Specific

My parents chose names for my siblings and myself based on family names. If there was no one already with that name, then it was fine. Middle names were given in honor of various people. My sister's middle name is Elizabeth after both grandmothers, my middle name is David after my uncle that died when he was 16, and my brother's middle name is Powell after my mom's maiden name.

They chose that pattern because my father is a "the 3rd" and neither one wanted to continue the name. I kinda like that, so if I ever have a son, his middle name will be Robert after my late uncle.

My brother named his son Hadley and it seemed an odd choice to me at first, but I have grown to like it a lot.

Basically, JCM, I'm saying to name him what you want and honor those who deserve it. All the best. :D :thumbsup:

Ross

Ross

I've always liked the name Ross (my middle name). I sometimes wish that was my first name instead.

Rob King

Rob King

They chose that pattern because my father is a "the 3rd" and neither one wanted to continue the name. I kinda like that, so if I ever have a son, his middle name will be Robert after my late uncle.
It's a good name :p

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Could go my brother's route and name your kid with one Unique name and one Common name. So that he can choose later on which he prefers.

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

Leonidas Tiberius...

Twitch

Ugh, Tiberius? That's the worst, let's name him after your dad racer.

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

Kinda weird naming a baby "Pops"

Cajungal

Cajungal

I've always liked the name Ross (my middle name). I sometimes wish that was my first name instead.
Then we could call you Rossputin... Vladimir Putin's wacky cousin?...

Ross

Ross

Then we could call you Rossputin... Vladimir Putin's wacky cousin?...[/QUOTE]
Heh, I thought about doing that, too. Though it kind of rolls off the tongue, it doesn't look too good on paper to me.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

In fact... BAM!

TY Ame for the name change.

Rob King

Rob King

Then we could call you Rossputin... Vladimir Putin's wacky cousin?...[/QUOTE]
Heh, I thought about doing that, too. Though it kind of rolls off the tongue, it doesn't look too good on paper to me.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

In fact... BAM!

TY Ame for the name change.[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to see you quoted twice in a string, one with each name. I'm a child like that sometimes.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

JCM: escolha o que você quiser, menos Tiago ou Thiago, ou Tyago e qualquer variante

é o meu nome, é comum demais, para vc ter ideia noutro dia no meu escritório:

tava eu, e entrou o Thiago (filho do meu chefe), conversando com uma estagiária nova, ela comentou sobre o Tiago (namorado dela), quando eu recebo uma ligação e anoto o recado para o chefe, a mulher perguntou o meu nome e eu disse Thiago, e ela respondeu que eles também tem um Tiago lá.

Depois disso eu pensei que tinha que contar o incidente para o Thiago (meu amigo).

entendeu o meu drama?

Rob King

Rob King

JCM: escolha o que você quiser, menos Tiago ou Thiago, ou Tyago e qualquer variante

tava eu, e entrou o Thiago (filho do meu chefe), conversando com uma estagiária nova, ela comentou sobre o Tiago (namorado dela), quando eu recebo uma ligação e anoto o recado para o chefe, a mulher perguntou o meu nome e eu disse Thiago, e ela respondeu que eles também tem um Tiago lá.

Depois disso eu pensei que tinha que contar o incidente para o Thiago (meu amigo).

entendeu o meu drama?

Mr. T said:
Quit yo' Jibber Jabber!

Rubicon

congratulations

LittleSin

LittleSin

Congrats!

When I named Jet I was reaching for a name that couldn't be shortened and was unique but not 'out there'. I just wanted something that stood out.

The nurses in the NICU said they had never had a Jet come in before so I guess we did good. :)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Translate.Google.com said:
choose what you want, unless James or James, or any variant and Tyago

is my name is too common, you have an idea for another day in my office:

eu tava and entered the Thiago (son of my head), talking with a new intern, she commented on the James (her boyfriend) when I get a call and take a message for the boss, she asked my name and I said James, and she replied that they also have a James there.

After that I thought I had to tell the incident to the Thiago (my friend).

understood my drama?
wut ?
bur?

Calleja

Calleja

He's complaining his name is way too common.

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Jean-Luc or James Tiberius

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Congrats Julio, may he bring you joy and a not too wild life. My only turns 16 in just a few hours, and I'm still not ready to have kids. ;)

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

He's complaining his name is way too common.
giving about 4 other guys with the same name as a example.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

:clap:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

My nephew's middle name is Atom.

Calleja

Calleja

REALLY!?

Damn, your nephew is awesome.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Made me think about my cousin, his name is Maxwell Cosmo....

Calleja

Calleja

like Kramer?!

JCM

If Luiza would let me, I'd be tempted to do so.

entendeu o meu drama?
Sei, meu nome é Julio (em outras palavras, tem pelo menos 20 pessoas com meu nome em cada cidade que visito aqui no Brasil) , né?

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

If Luiza would let me, I'd be tempted to do so.

entendeu o meu drama?
Sei, meu nome é Julio (em outras palavras, tem pelo menos 20 pessoas com meu nome em cada cidade que visito aqui no Brasil) , né?
hahahahaha

serio, durante uns seis meses em 2002 ou 2003 eu fiquei ouvindo meu nome (só que sendo usado para outra pessoa) pelo menos uma vez por semana... era bem estranho, tipo, eu realmente tou dissendo uma vez por pessoa, um Tiago diferente à cada vez. É o tipo de coisa que me faz querer ser supersticioso.

Ademais, parabens de novo ;)

Calleja

Calleja

I thought brazilians used "rsrsrsrs" as online laughter....

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I thought brazilians used "rsrsrsrs" as online laughter....
yes, but I am a exception. But also we use: hahaha, hehehe, hihihi, huhuhu, hauhauhau or kkkkkkkkkk (the last one mocks the evil laugh).

(I just sort of read it like if it was mention as a "r" and "s" sound, and it doesn't sound as a laugh)

Calleja

Calleja

that's crazy... two consonants shoudl make no continous sound, at least not in spanish.

phonetically, how would you even pronounce "rsrsrs"? Or "kkkkk"?

JCM

that's crazy... two consonants shoudl make no continous sound, at least not in spanish.

Rs is short for risos (laughter, think of it as ROFL), and kkkk is pronounced as Kakakakakaka... sort of a comic laughter when a person cant stop laughing.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

"rs" aren't pronouced, "kkkk" becomes the sound (in spanish) "Cacacaca" =P

Twitch

Ramses, Alexander, Constantine, Augustus, Genghis!
Where are the Tokugawas!

Cajungal

Cajungal

"kkkkkkk" kinda looks like a kind of throaty, sinister laugh one might use whilst wringing his hands. When I try and produce it, my tongue is back against my soft palate, and it sounds more like "kehkehkeh" but faster.

Andromache

Jorge seems wildly appropriate.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'll throw in cogratulations, too. And a vote for Frederick, Alexander (or the fitting local variation; Frederico, Alejandro, whatever), or Iëjasu.

Le Quack

Lenin
Marx
Karl
Les
Humphrey
Andre
Antoine
Wayne
Lupin
The 3rd
Carthage
Winnendorf

JCM

Where are the Tokugawas!
Im trying to find any connection with those names, but damn, Genghis would be great.

Wasabi Poptart

I was stuck on both Ian and Marcus Aurelius for quite some time when picking out names for my son. My husband didn't like Ian. My cousin named her son Mark earlier that year, so we decided against Marcus, too. Ultimately we went with Noah because it was a "normal" name that wasn't overly popular.

We also jokingly said we were going to name him Caligula Nero.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

You know Wildsoul, those names have a strong meaning to me. Though it comes from a game called "UO"....

Twitch

Where are the Tokugawas!
Im trying to find any connection with those names, but damn, Genghis would be great.[/QUOTE]
Ramses II
Alexander the Great
Constantine I
Augustus Caesar
Genghis Khan
Tokugawa as in the shoguns of Japan.
All were great leaders, conquerors, etc

Andromache

but no love for Octavian? dayum.

Calleja

Calleja

Fernando is a nice, royal name.

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

I really want to name my son Gaius if I have a boy but that probably wouldn't sound right with my last name. Gaius Seemann... or Gaius Julius Caesar Seemann... :p

JCM

I really want to name my son Gaius if I have a boy but that probably wouldn't sound right with my last name. Gaius Seemann... or Gaius Julius Caesar Seemann... :p
You want to name your son after JCM? ;)[/QUOTE]I was about to note that, my name is Julio Cezar Mari, Julio Cezar being Portuguese for Julius Caesar

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

In that case, Augustus would be more than a fitting name for your successor :D

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Heh I guess so :p

But yeah Gaius wouldn't work, douchefucks would say Gay Ass instead I am sure.

Math242

Math242

name needs to be Samuel L. Jackson Cesar Mari

Math242

Math242

damn right

phil

phil

Names are one thing, but think of the boy's titles!

It's one thing to call your son Galactus, but Galactus, Devourer of worlds, brings a whole new aspect.

On a side note, consider naming him Galactus.

bhamv3

bhamv3

If you're going to name him Ghengis, you should go for Ghengis Khan's birth name Temujin.

Rob King

Rob King

If you're going to name him Ghengis, you should go for Ghengis Khan's birth name Temujin.
Yeah, doesn't 'Ghengis Khan' actually mean 'Great King' or something like that?

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Great Ruler I believe. But I won't argue over semantics.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Fernando reminds me of Ferdinand the bull.

And that ABBA song. Actually, the Wing version of that song.

:bush:

Gusto

Gusto

Batman.

Jake

Jake

Don't you already have a name?

Lally

Congrats Julio & Luiza! Another soldier for the Halforumite Baby Army!

lafftaff

Fernando reminds me of Ferdinand the bull.

And that ABBA song. Actually, the Wing version of that song.

:bush:[/quote]

It's sad how much I like that song. And Fernando is just fun to say.

The best name I've heard is Riot Train, which is what one my friend's actually named their kid.

Gusto

Gusto

Moxie Crimefighter Jilette.

Hyimi

Larry

Bubble181

Bubble181

Inigo Montoya. At least you know you'll be avenged in case something happens to ya.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

You should name him Butters.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

What What?

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Steve
Stan
Breeding Result Number Juan

And Congratz

Gusto

Gusto

What What?[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Everyone knoooows it's BUTTERS

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

"I've got something in my front pocket for you"

JCM

Its gonna be Antonio Santiago Marques, after her family´s long lineage, as I have no love for my family and all my siblings just have their father´s name

Today also marks one year we´re together, after work, we´re going to a sushi bar, then to a nice beautiful lake they have here.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Nice, it's got a good ring to it. :)

JCM

Thank Luiza´s love for Antonio Banderas. :(

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Consider it an incentive for you to
- shave your chin
- pick up swordplay
- learn to undress her with your blade :D

Sorry, mon, but that's the only Banderas movie I can recall off the top of my hat.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Consider it an incentive for you to
- shave your chin
- pick up swordplay
- learn to undress her with your blade :D

Sorry, mon, but that's the only Banderas movie I can recall off the top of my hat.[/QUOTE]

Banderas also sang in that movie about the Argentinian woman, didn't he? Brush up on your singing, JCM!

ThatNickGuy

"Hello, my name is Antonio Santiago Marques. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Yep! That works!

JCM

"Hello, my name is Antonio Santiago Marques. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Yep! That works!
Hmm, so thats fencing lessons, in addition to mustache curling.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Its gonna be Antonio Santiago Marques,/QUOTE]

Is this her surname? Damn, there is no escape from the name T-T

Jake

Jake

A friend of mine named her son Axel Photon. I can't really recommend it.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Are there any forumites with six fingers, albino skin or Sicilian roots.

If I started lifting weights, I could be Fezzik...

bhamv3

bhamv3

Are there any forumites with six fingers, albino skin or Sicilian roots.

If I started lifting weights, I could be Fezzik...
You as Fezzik? Inconceivable!

Twitch

You also get to pull a bank heist off with Morgan Freeman but no one will ever hear about it.

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

The photon part for the middle name is legit but I hate the name Axel, probably because I hate Axl Rose.

I think Pulsar or Quasar would be cool names for a boy but alas they would not go with my surname. It's a bitch to find something that sounds good with Seemann.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I think Pulsar or Quasar would be cool names for a boy but alas they would not go with my surname. It's a bitch to find something that sounds good with Seemann.
*giggle*

Overflight

Congratulations, Julio and Luíza!

Cat

Cat

I shouldn't have kids since I'd name them something like Rad Caveman

JCM

I shouldn't have kids since I'd name them something like Rad Caveman
*Short jingle plays over the mall speakers*
Mr Caveman, please direct yourself to the information desk.

Yeah, that wouldn't work.

Luizasan

Thank you all!

Sorry for taking so long to reply something, but I've been to busy with Cecilia and Antonio...

Children really give us a lot to do :p

See you

Bubble181

Bubble181

The photon part for the middle name is legit but I hate the name Axel, probably because I hate Axl Rose.

I think Pulsar or Quasar would be cool names for a boy but alas they would not go with my surname. It's a bitch to find something that sounds good with Seemann.[/QUOTE]

Sybren. Than he gets to explain the different pronounciation for the two S's time and again, sure, but he gets the benefit of having SS for initials.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Thank you all!

Sorry for taking so long to reply something, but I've been to busy with Cecilia and Antonio...

See you
You should come here more often, Luizasan.

Plus, we'd love to have some kewt baby bump pictures when that starts to show ^_^

Twitch

Thank you all!

See you
You should come here more often, Luizasan.

Plus, we'd love to have some kewt baby bump pictures when that starts to show ^_^[/QUOTE]
Seriously, we'll add them to... the wall

Calleja

Calleja

we don't need no education?

Andi

Drachenherz

Thank you all!

See you
I'm still a little bit "mad" that you didn't want to name your son "Zachariel", but nevermind. I'm kidding anyway. I hope you and your unborn child are well. I wish you all the best and all the luck to you, JCM and your unborn child.

JCM

Thank you all!

See you
I'm still a little bit "mad" that you didn't want to name your son "Zachariel", but nevermind. I'm kidding anyway. I hope you and your unborn child are well. I wish you all the best and all the luck to you, JCM and your unborn child.[/QUOTE]Thanks.

Next week I'll probably have pictures of what I'll insist is a growing baby, but to you guys will look like a blob resembling Elvis (if you squint)

edzepp

Congratulations, man. You're going to be an awesome dad. Just don't let us get to him and he should grow up with minimal emotional/psychological scarring.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Say, who are gonna be Antonio's forum godparents? =D

Bubble181

Bubble181

I suggest Dave, as pater familias for his side. :-P

JCM

pater familias
I have no idea why I read that as Pete´s familiar, then went on to imagine Dave as a Pete´s Dragon-type of fimaginary friend.

Say, who are gonna be Antonio's forum godparents? =D
Good question, I´ll have to check in with his mother on that, Luiza does Judo, so its always wise to let her in on the decisions.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Judo, you say?

Well, should you ever break the bed, you can always ask advice from espy...