I just ate bacon.

I think starting Tuesday we're going to start selling the double smoked bacon and cheddar breakfast sandwich. There was actually a memo about making sure that the baristas didn't eat so many that customers could still get them.

I had bacon this morning, as part of a fried egg sandwich.

It was pre-cooked bacon, which barely qualifies. But doesn't matter, had bacon.

Serious bacon-related question: What is the best kind of bacon? I very rarely cook it myself, but I'm interested in the best styles to buy and ways to cook it.*

*People that prefer non-crispy bacon need not reply.

What is the best kind of bacon?
I assume you mean the "American-style" bacon made from pork belly, and not back bacon/Canadian bacon.
Kati prefers hers uncured, but I don't have a strong preference one way or the other.
The bacon should be smoked (applewood or hickory being the methods used by our preferred brands).
It should be sliced not too thick, and it should be fried slowly over low heat while it is allowed to drain, so that the fat that is rendered does not end up submerging and deep-frying the remainder of the bacon. Microwaving bacon on a bed of paper towels can also achieve this. You'll know you've found the right temperature because the fry bubbles coming out from under the bacon will look like soap suds.

--Patrick

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
I've been married for 21 years. Like everything else, if I want bacon I have to cook it myself.

There are places you can go where you can pay someone else to mmake you bacon.[DOUBLEPOST=1424801643,1424801568][/DOUBLEPOST]... That's how I got the bacon I'm eating right now.

Did this thread just morph into a metaphor for something else or are we still talking about bacon?

Dammit, now I want bacon. And sex.

I had bacon cinnamon rolls. It was, like the other Pinterest-y things I've tried, better in concept than execution.

I like low sodium bacon, if I can find it. Normal bacon has a bit more salt then I find enjoyable. Low sodium though, while still very salty, taste divine and don't turn my lips into raisins.