[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2016 - Make Santa Great Again Edition

Are you going to sign up for HF Secret Santa?

• Yes! (post below)

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • No. I want to, but I can't afford it right now.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No. I want to, but I don't have the time.

• No. I want to, but it seems like too much work.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I don't want to.

• On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a grue in a pear tree.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Dear @BErt,

"no restrictions" is great, but unless you want a 20-pack of warm woolen socks, you might want to list some interests or hobbies :)

B

BErt

Dear @BErt,

"no restrictions" is great, but unless you want a 20-pack of warm woolen socks, you might want to list some interests or hobbies :)

I don't think I've owned 20 pairs of socks throughout my entire life...

Okay... I like Detroit area sports - specifically the University of Michigan, retro gaming stuff (especially Legend of Zelda), Marvel movies, Batman, horror movies, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Steven Universe, Rick & Morty... Size L tshirts would be great. Other than that, books are always welcome...anything sci-fi, suspense, or mystery. Or just anything geeky in general.

I hope that helps. I really am not picky and I love to be surprised...I'd be happy to get something home made if you're the creative type or something from your local area even. :)

Well, hopefully my Secret Santa would be generous and get me all three but there's no need to get greedy about it.
I was thinking a combination of the 3. A doomweasel equipped with lasers that has been trained to provide...services.

@Cog , do you have one of these magic wish lists?
Sorry, I don't have one. Any gift would be fine, if it is something I could use. I don't like (how do you say this?) ornamental things?

If sending something to Ecuador is too much trouble, a digital game would be fine. I do have a wishlist in steam. My id is cognositivo. If you really want to send me something by mail, I would recommend using a national postal service, so you won't have to pay extra taxes.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@Bubble181

Your gift will go to the US Postal Service tomorrow (Monday) and I will try to keep you updated to progress as I get it.

I don't know why, but this didn't show up on my alerts list for reasons unknown.

I'm terribly sorry, Secret Anon Santa person, but I've never put together any kind of wish list. Please don't get anything dangerous, contentious, or messy. Food/drink is fine, non-outfit clothes are fine (i.e., T-shirts and the like but no ties), movies and other media are fine (though I warn you we already have well over 7500 books/CDs/DVDs/etc. yes really). I don't wear jewelry, don't smoke/vape, don't wear glasses (yet-probably soon), and I am terminally starved for free time (so probably no kits/puzzles/games).

I hope this helps. If it's not enough, I'll try to cobble together an Amazon wish list or something to inspire you.

--Patrick

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

@BErt, your package is on its way. UPS tracking is being annoying but it should arrive somewhere in the next 10 days.