[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2016 - Make Santa Great Again Edition

Are you going to sign up for HF Secret Santa?

• Yes! (post below)

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • No. I want to, but I can't afford it right now.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No. I want to, but I don't have the time.

• No. I want to, but it seems like too much work.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I don't want to.

• On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me a grue in a pear tree.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I put my address because I though it would be fun to receive something by mail for once, but anything digital would be nice too. Please, for whoever I will get, please post a wishlist because I suck at picking presents.

Anything? That opens up a lot of possibilities. A crate of oranges, a cannoli, a horse's head...
(no I still haven't actually seen the movie)

--Patrick
(Shrug) if someone wants to mail a horse head, and have pics of their shitty gift splashed up on HF, more power to them :D It's secret santa. I'm gonna be happy with whatever I get. You don't look a dead gift horse head in the mouth.

The first day of deer season is practically a state holiday in WV, so I'm a bit disappointed we weren't included. :p
Well maybe they figure you know too much about how deer meat should taste for their own good. I mean, fast food venison probably won't be that great, right?

To whomever draws my name:

Magnet for my new fridge as I collect them.

Something home made

Amazon product

View the above link for my Amazon wish list, I also am registered at Hudson Bay for my upcoming wedding.

In the end anything that won't break the bank would be nice.

Speaking of Amazon, don't forget that non-Prime people can sign up for Prime TODAY ONLY for $20 off the normal price.
Could be handy to avoid shipping delays for your secret Santa recipient.

--Patrick

...and BErt makes twenty. Please check to make sure your name is listed in the first post. Eveyone else, you have a few days left![DOUBLEPOST=1479783128,1479783026][/DOUBLEPOST]IMPORTANT QUESTION: Should I move the deadline up to the 23rd, allowing me to get everyone their names before Black Friday shopping?

I'd love to participate, although I'll be away, vacation month, with no one at my shipping address from the 15th of December until the 16th of January. Would that be a problem?

I'd love to participate, although I'll be away, vacation month, with no one at my shipping address from the 15th of December until the 16th of January. Would that be a problem?
I think that it would be okay. The person who is assigned to you just needs to get on it, and send it out right away.

I think that it would be okay. The person who is assigned to you just needs to get on it, and send it out right away.
Wouldn't it be safer to ship later on purpose? Any delay could mean the package sits for a month, or is returned to sender.

Okay folks. Some people think it's a good idea and no one is opposed. I like the idea myself.

TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY TO SIGN UP FOR SECRET SANTA 2016.

YOU HAVE UNTIL 10 PM (PST).

Then people will get their assignments by the end of the next day.

Not sure where else to put this, but I figured it might be helpful to some of you:

From now until November 28, use the promotion code HOLIDAYBOOK on Amazon to get $10 off a book order of $25. Only works for print books going to the same location at the same delivery speed, but it works.

FYI Thanksgiving is a bit stressful for me this year, but I will have those assignments to you by the end of the day. I just imagine it will be in the evening rather than anytime soon.

What PatrThom said, enjoy your Thanksgiving and family to the max

Btw, if anyone wants to avoid the nightmare of international shipping, I pretty much love any weird and obscure book, movie or game, and my iOS/steam/Xbox live account is juliocezarmari, the more obscure or weird, the better.

Okay! Everyone should have received a name and contact info for Secret Santa 2016. If there's a problem, if you think you signed up and didn't get a PM with info, or if you have questions, please let me know.

The next step is to have your gifts in the mail by December 15th!