[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2011 - Send Gift (Deadline December 9th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine! Actually, I got it a couple of days ago but wanted to include a picture but my camera isn't working, so no picture. Stupid camera.

I got two books - Mary Boleyn, The Mistress of Kings and The Boleyn Inheritance.

There wasn't a note attached but my Secret Santa lives in Saskatoon so I'm guessing Dirona!

Thankyouthankyouthankyou! I'm spending this weekend with a blanket, a cup of tea, and my new books. You rock!

YAY!!! Amazon said they arrived, and I was startin' to worry. (and there should be a note... stupid Amazon) Glad you like them. Partially based on your wishlist, partially not so much.

There's a 'part 2' coming from another source that should be arriving soon.

A wild parcel appears!

What can be inside....

Ohhhhh, they've encased him in delicious carbonite chocolate!

and a beautiful mug, from my favorite Star Wars movie!

A nice note from my secret Halform Santa Espy!

Love it, thanks for the gifts Espy! Loved how it was addressed:
Mr. Spar Hawk
Halforums Inc.

Now I'm waiting to see what others got and how my victi... ahem, sorry, giftee likes their package.

Glad you enjoyed it! I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the perfect Star Wars stuff and when I say both those items I was like, well, duh. Merry Christmas Mr. Spar Hawk from all of us here at Halforums Inc.! :p

So I finally got to buy my gift today, after huge drama with money and people being stupid. Getting packed as we speak, will be shipped tomorrow. Since it's a few days past the international shipping date I will probably feel guilty and upgrade it to express of some kind...as long as it doesn't cost an effing fortune.

Edit: hi...australia post.....shove your $63 express post in your great southern land.
On the plus side, It says 5-10 business days for major city centers. That should hopefully land it just before things start to close for christmas. Let's spend some good karma to make this work out :)

Current status:

11 people have received their gifts.
9 gifts are known to be winging their way through the package/postal system.
7 secret santas have yet to send their gift (or haven't said so in this thread)

I'll be bugging people I haven't heard from soon, so please post here or pm me if you've sent a package but haven't mentioned it yet!

My gift is being sent out via Amazon tomorrow as that is when I get paid. I already have the gift all picked out. Sending out a card as well. :)

Still have to receive mine, but that's pretty logical, given that I'm all the way down here. I hope it arrives in time for Christmas, at least! :aaah:

I went to mail mine this morning, But couldnt get to the post office because of a car accident near the entry to the building. About to go now and try again.
Edit: Package is at the post office, waiting to be proccessed and sent halfway around the world.

Dave

Staff member
My package was delivered Wednesday, but my recipient is taking a break so may or may not respond on this thread.

STATUS: There are four gifts that will be sent very soon. Every other gift has been sent! Many have already been received! Woohoo!

If you've received a gift, but don't plan on opening it until some later date, please let me know that you've received it.

My package was delivered Wednesday, but my recipient is taking a break so may or may not respond on this thread.
Your recipient has received it and is planning on posting in this thread eventually.

I feel bad for whoever sent it to me though. Let's look at the facts!

- My two previous Secret Santas have been female (HowDroll and Darkangel)
- My two previous Secret Santas have sent me webcomic-related gifts (Achewood T-shirt and stickers, Machine of Death collection) which continues this year!
- My previous two Secret Santas have all but completely disappeared from the forums, never to return. :(

My fear is that if this year's gifter was female, they're probably going to leave the forum forever! :(

I feel bad for whoever sent it to me though. Let's look at the facts!

- My two previous Secret Santas have been female (HowDroll and Darkangel)
- My two previous Secret Santas have sent me webcomic-related gifts (Achewood T-shirt and stickers, Machine of Death collection) which continues this year!
- My previous two Secret Santas have all but completely disappeared from the forums, never to return. :(

My fear is that if this year's gifter was female, they're probably going to leave the forum forever! :(
It was me! There wasn't any way to add a note or otherwise to the package. And, as far as I know, I'm both planning on sticking around and male, so perhaps..the chain shall finally be broken!

Or, in other words: C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Status
Not open for further replies.