[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2011 - Send Gift (Deadline December 9th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a notice that there's something for me at the post office!

WHAT ON EARTH COULD IT BE?!?

Also, to the person who I got, LET IT BE KNOWN THAT YOU ONLY HAVE PART ONE! part two is on it's way, though probably won't get there until January apparently because buying something from a UK vendor during christmas time is kind of a bad idea? WHO KNEW?

Dave

Staff member
Looking at it right now.

"To whom it may concern...Merry X-Mas! -Christopher"

Party hat & all. When people ask me about it I say it's a guy I know from the internet. Have we ever met? Nope. Spoken? Nope.

:devil:

Cajungal

Staff member
Note to self: join next year's Secret Santa
Then bribe steiny.
Added at: 14:48
I also want to add that you guys are just so wonderful. This is a truly special place. Most of us have never met in real life, but we can still organize this and celebrate together in such a fun way. I am so glad that I logged into Halfpixel years ago out of boredom. I don't exactly remember the exchange between Edrondol and Calleja that convinced me to stay, but I'm so happy that I did!
Merry Christmas to all of you, thank you Steinman for organizing this, and thanks to all of you for the good times and fond memories!

WOO! Came home yesterday to find a delivery notice. I'm going to the post office today to pick up my parcel. I'll open it tomorrow morning and I'll post the pics later on during the week. Thank you my Secret Santa my gift arrived in time for Christmas!

Oh, dammit, so freakin' jelly, Tress! I've been hunting for those books FOREVER, but never known the author's name - I was loaned the first a LONG time ago by my aunt, and subsequently forgot the author's name.

*hurries to update his Amazon list*

What, Tress? No note? I tried to include something explaining the why behind each choice.
Also...
LET IT BE KNOWN THAT YOU ONLY HAVE PART ONE!
Hey now, what's this on my doorstep?
box.jpg
I already got my shipment from Newegg*, so what could it be?
boxbott.jpg
What's this? A Customs form, origin UK?
Hmm...the writing on it is intriguing. It says..."2x chocolate - 705g"
Let's get this sucker open. A quick trip to the dishwasher, and...
bags.jpg
Oh...
reveal.jpg
Oh my...someone appears to have done their homework.
1, 2, 3, 4,...19, 19-and-a-half? Hmm, one appears to have been partially lost in unpacking**.
hashbars.jpg
Sorry for the delay posting this second half, Phil. This is what happens when you have a retail job and a 2yr-old during the Holidays.

--Patrick
*Replacement PSU for computer I built for Dad in 2003. Everything else still running fine, just PSU failed due to only one vacuuming in 8yrs of being left on 8-18hr/day.
**I think I'm down to only 7 remaining as of this post.

Oh, I got the note. I totally understood why each item was chosen. I loved the gift, I didn't think I needed to share more than that. :)

So sorry I'm late to post mine! I picked it up last week but have been sick and or working so time has gotten away from me.

What in the....

Oooooohhh....

BAD. ASS.

I shall honor my ancestors in the next rain.

I need to get a message board....

And a giant robot! Can't wait to read!

This man knows me too well....

Chibs for president 2012!

DSCF0439.JPG
DSCF0439.JPG
DSCF0444.JPG
DSCF0445.JPG
DSCF0439.JPG
DSCF0444.JPG
DSCF0445.JPG
DSCF0439.JPG
DSCF0444.JPG
DSCF0445.JPG
DSCF0446.JPG

Sorry, it has taken me sooo long to upload my Secret Santa pics, but I was having computer problems which are finally fixed thank goodness.

Of course the very first gift I had to open was my Secret Santa gift. I had picked it up at the post office on Christmas Eve and spent the entire night trying to figure out what goodies lay inside... After much struggling, I finally got the package open and to my very high pitched squeeing in glee I found make up a mini make up bag and Vegemite! I've never heard of it and you can't apparently get it any where in Canada which I think is awesome unless when I finally get around to trying it and I find out I love it and can't find it anywhere. LOL

A BIG THANKS to my Secret Santa, I LOVE my gift. :D

Vegemite, Foodstuff of champions.
Let me know what you think of the taste, most people call aussies stupid for eating it. Vegemite and cheese sandwhiches are a staple of my diet. Although people do look at me funny when I start eating chicken cheese and vegemite. Then they call me weird when I east it out of the jar with a spoon.

Glad you like it, I wasn't sure what to get you at first. Been nervously awaiting your post since I sent it

Vegemite/Marmite are certainly famous for their flavor. Just remember that even if you don't like the taste, you can always use a little to amp up the flavor of pot roast, meat loaf, and other rich, beef-heavy dishes.

--Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.