Hey Chicago! No Olympics for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Second City no more

So, Dave only reads subject lines. Good to know.

;)
I hadn't read this thread yet. But I looked at new posts and saw nothing about the Olympics, so I made it. When I did, nothing appeared in the "similar thread" warning.

*le sigh*

Too bad the old regimes aren't in place on either side.

Mayor Daley Senior would have laid the money on thick and fast, and the IOC voters would have lapped it up.

But then the Chicago police would have beaten up the athletes mistaking them for hippies.

Second City no more

but...but...Obama really wanted it there.

I think its fine for a president to try and get the Olympics into the United States, think it's wrong to do it because it's in their home town.

Dave

Staff member
Second City no more

Don't mind me. I'm a bastard this morning. I got to bed late playing with the Sims and I'm grumpy as shit.

Second City no more

Perfectly good reason to be up late, resulting in being grumpy. There's a reason I don't play the Sims anymore. I'd like to continue to remain married.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Oh, but on topic, I hope Rio gets it.

Q

Qonas

With Chicago out it was gonna be Rio, so no shock there.

Good. Chicago is corrupt as hell. They don't need another way to bankroll their mafioso ways.
I'd prefer Detroit. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Suburban Detroit, sure, but the city itself is still trying to clean itself up from the Coleman Young/Kwame Kilpatrick-Chicago-style corruption and decay. Which may never happen as the citizens of the city are insulated, clan-mentalitied morons.

C

Chazwozel

With Chicago out it was gonna be Rio, so no shock there.

Good. Chicago is corrupt as hell. They don't need another way to bankroll their mafioso ways.
I'd prefer Detroit. :rofl:
Suburban Detroit, sure, but the city itself is still trying to clean itself up from the Coleman Young/Kwame Kilpatrick-Chicago-style corruption and decay. Which may never happen as the citizens of the city are insulated, clan-mentalitied morons.[/QUOTE]

That was the joke. Detriot's a shithole.

Q

Qonas

Telling you, though, make it suburban Detroit....possibly Auburn Hills, since the Palace is there, or Novi with two different gigantic convention centers....and we'll throw one hell of an event. It just wouldn't be Detroit-Detroit.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Second City no more

I think its fine for a president to try and get the Olympics into the United States, think it's wrong to do it because it's in their home town.
Do you really think - as you seem to imply - that Chicago was the American city in the running because of Obama? Cause, y'know, the city's been in the running for those Olympics since before Obama's election campaign started.

In other words, you're bringing up a complete non-issue.

Second City no more

Do you really think - as you seem to imply - that Chicago was the American city in the running because of Obama? Cause, y'know, the city's been in the running for those Olympics since before Obama's election campaign started.

In other words, you're bringing up a complete non-issue.[/QUOTE]
I know its been in the running, I just don't think he should have went since it is his hometown. It gives the impression of the President giving favoritism to his hometown and homestate. Ask yourself this, would he have gone if Omaha was the city in the running?

K

Kitty Sinatra

Yes, he would have. Every country in the running sends their big names to make a final push.

Second City no more

In other words, you're bringing up a complete non-issue.[/quote]
I know its been in the running, I just don't think he should have went since it is his hometown. It gives the impression of the President giving favoritism to his hometown and homestate. Ask yourself this, would he have gone if Omaha was the city in the running?[/QUOTE]
I just want to be sure I'm reading this right. Obama shouldn't have been involved because it would be important to him. Is that the gist of it?

Sounds kinda nit-picky and silly to me.

I

Iaculus

Second City no more

In other words, you're bringing up a complete non-issue.[/QUOTE]
I know its been in the running, I just don't think he should have went since it is his hometown. It gives the impression of the President giving favoritism to his hometown and homestate. Ask yourself this, would he have gone if Omaha was the city in the running?[/QUOTE]

It's the frakkin' Olympics. Why wouldn't he?

I mean, seriously, the whole damned competition's about national pride.

K

Kitty Sinatra

And I've just been confirming some shit on the web. Brazil's president was indeed there doing the exact same thing as Obama. And get this: Dude's not from Rio.

J

JCM

Hey JCM! If Rio gets the games, can we come down & crash at your place?
We got the olympics.

And the world cup.

And we´re lending the International Monetary Fund money instead of borrowing it to them.

This is what happens to a country when you have 3 good presidents in a row (Itamar, FHC, Lula), now pray for me guys that the next one doesnt fuck it up and makes me leave it again.

Otherwise, I might become your neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.