[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

figmentPez

Staff member
Back when they first announced this expansion, they had a video with the Lich King applying to work at Blizzard. They rejected him, told him he needed more experience, and said to "maybe take a class"... They have since yet to follow up with the Lich King saying "take a class? No, I shall take ALL the classes! Every class in Hearthstone shall be mine!" and I am very disappointed.

I can tell they haven't released official art yet... just trying to look at that gives me a headache.
The official one's online elsewhere; I don't know why this one's so blurry.

I'm going to post a less blurry version, but in return, could you please remove (Practically Beta) from the post about a game that was released years ago? :p

could you please remove (Practically Beta) from the post about a game that was released years ago? :p
When they can manage to not have upside down cards in spectator mode, a bug that has existed as long as spectator mode has, I will remove the practically beta.

Hopefully my feelings will change on Thursday, but I'm really not feeling a lot of these new cards. Unless some stuff to come really feels good to me, I can see my dust being used to make some classic legendaries I still don't have.

This card is awesome:

I'm not sure if it's good, but it's awesome.
If it works like I think it will, it means one free attack against a minion...any minion (even one behind a taunt)...and then the weapon returns to the hero's hand without having consumed the hero's one attack that turn.
What is the earliest you could possibly play the 8/8 for zero? The earliest you could play it at all?
So the question really is, "What's the fastest you could overload 11 mana?"
So...turn 7 (even including coin).

--Patrick

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Patch notes

The changes I found most notable:
- Arena Draft Change – The first two sets of cards in a draft are now more likely to include synergy-based cards.
- Changing your Hero will no longer 'refresh' your weapon swing.
- Auchenai Soulpriest and similar effects will only trigger once when combined with Lifesteal.

If it works like I think it will, it means one free attack against a minion...any minion (even one behind a taunt)...and then the weapon returns to the hero's hand without having consumed the hero's one attack that turn.
That is not how the card is printed. The way it's printed, it should remove your weapon, deal it's damage to a minion, and then return the weapon as a card to your hand. It basically allows you to refresh a weapon if it is on its last durability, because durability will return to full when it's turned back into a card, and then you can pay the mana to reequip it (and swing with it immediately if you haven't already attacked with your hero)

The card you described actually already exists, kinda. It's called savagery and no druid has ever run it since beta.

figmentPez

Staff member
1. That's more than 10 mana, even with stuff you can already have on the board.

2. You don't need spellpower, you just need something that's already at 1 heath, and something that's at 2.

On the board: Necroctic Geist, a 2 health minion (A), a 1 health minion (B).

3 mana: Deathspeaker gives Immune to Geist.

2 mana: Defile
- reduces 2 health minion (A) to 1 health, kills 1 health minion (B), Geist summons a 2/2 ghoul (g)
- triggers again, kills (A), reduces (g) to 1 health, Geist summons 2/2 (g+1)
- triggers again, kills (n), reduces (g+1) to 1 health, Geist summons 2/2 (g+2)
- etc, etc, etc.

4 mana: Wicked Skeleton gainst +∞/+∞

9 mana total.[DOUBLEPOST=1502240818,1502240530][/DOUBLEPOST]
The first class Giant:
And something else that Trump pointed out about this card. At 11 mana, this provides an evolve/devolve bridge between 10 and 12 cost minions.

That is not how the card is printed. The way it's printed, it should remove your weapon, deal it's damage to a minion, and then return the weapon as a card to your hand. It basically allows you to refresh a weapon if it is on its last durability, because durability will return to full when it's turned back into a card, and then you can pay the mana to reequip it (and swing with it immediately if you haven't already attacked with your hero)

The card you described actually already exists, kinda. It's called savagery and no druid has ever run it since beta.
You know, I was reading "to your hand" to mean "re-wielded" (i.e., to your hero's hand) completely forgetting about the fact that you, as the player, have a "hand" (full of cards).

something else that Trump pointed out about this card. At 11 mana, this provides an evolve/devolve bridge between 10 and 12 cost minions.
I expect its other use case is not "how fast can it get one out there" so much as "how fast can I overload enough so as to be able to play two of them on the same turn."

--Patrick