[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

I wish Blizzard would actually make themed Tavern Brawls for expansions, and maybe give out new expansion packs instead of classic for a few weeks after. Compared to other card games out there, Blizzard is so stingy with expansion freebies.

Last edited:
I wish Blizzard would actually make themed Tavern Brawls for expansions, and maybe give out new expansion packs instead of classic for a few weeks after. Compared to other card games out there, Blizzard is so stingy with expansion freebies.
I thought they did that for Un'Goro. I'm surprised they're not doing it for this one.

Look, they gave us three packs from arena, 3 log in packs, and 3 packs from the adventure. Their obligation is fulfilled. :pud:
Six packs, not nine. I missed all the arena ones because I wasn't clearing out my quests quickly enough.

...but I'll let you know if they still show up (deferred).

--Patrick

Six packs, not nine. I missed all the arena ones because I wasn't clearing out my quests quickly enough.

...but I'll let you know if they still show up (deferred).

--Patrick
Weird; I saw other people online say the arena quests canceled out ones they had. One guy said he lost the 100 gold for seven wins quest.

Weird; I saw other people online say the arena quests canceled out ones they had. One guy said he lost the 100 gold for seven wins quest.
I think he means he never finished the first one he got.[DOUBLEPOST=1502921282,1502920831][/DOUBLEPOST]So anyone find a fun deck they like yet? I've been playing Dragon Priest and I'm pretty happy with it. There are a few cards I might replace if I had certain other legendaries, but it's performing pretty well so far.
### DragonPriest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (2) Netherspite Historian
# 2x (2) Shadow Ascendant
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Agony
# 1x (3) Curious Glimmerroot
# 2x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (4) Tortollan Shellraiser
# 1x (4) Twilight Drake
# 2x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
# 2x (5) Drakonid Operative
# 2x (6) Bone Drake
# 2x (6) Book Wyrm
# 2x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 1x (6) Skulking Geist
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (9) Obsidian Statue
# 1x (9) Ysera
#
AAECAZ/HAgiNCKIJ1wq5sgLZwQLJxwLmzAKgzgIL0wryDKqyAoK1Arq7Auq/AtzBAsfLAsrLAs7MAuTMAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I haven't devoted enough time yet to find a favorite. Secret Hunter is fun, but I need to do some tweaking. Would like to try a new N'Zoth Hunter too. And still haven't revamped my highlander priest.

Paladin DK is probably my least favorite. I can only pull off the four horsemen as a win more.

I haven't devoted enough time yet to find a favorite. Secret Hunter is fun, but I need to do some tweaking. Would like to try a new N'Zoth Hunter too. And still haven't revamped my highlander priest.

Paladin DK is probably my least favorite. I can only pull off the four horsemen as a win more.
Here's a terribly inconsistent Paladin deck that rarely works! ;)

That card that gives you the stats of all the weapons in your hand + lots of cursed blades + dead man's hand

That card that gives you the stats of all the weapons in your hand + lots of cursed blades + dead man's hand
Weird, I tried the card to give all the stats and it gave them to the minion instead. Unless I got my cards mixed up. I discarded a handful of weapons, made it a 21/19, but couldn't do a thing for myself.

You also missed the two weeks of double-gold quests.
No, I didn't miss them.
However, I was not able to complete any quests during that time BECAUSE THE FIRST ONE I ALMOST COMPLETED GOT REPLACED BY THE STUPID "WIN A FREE HERO PORTRAIT" QUEST.
At that point I was done with Hearthstone for a while. And that's when they decided to give away free packs. Go me.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Weird, I tried the card to give all the stats and it gave them to the minion instead. Unless I got my cards mixed up. I discarded a handful of weapons, made it a 21/19, but couldn't do a thing for myself.
I think what may have been done is equipping Cursed Blade, then transforming into Death Knight Garrosh, which must remove the Cursed Blade without destroying it. Rinse and repeat, gives the double-damage effect of the blade stacked 19 times.

I think what may have been done is equipping Cursed Blade, then transforming into Death Knight Garrosh, which must remove the Cursed Blade without destroying it. Rinse and repeat, gives the double-damage effect of the blade stacked 19 times.
Yeah I think you're right, after looking around I found the same thing.

New wing is out. I only had to make one custom deck (for Putricide) which may or may not have been necessary, the other two I just used my Dragon Priest deck.

### Custom Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Jeweled Macaw
# 2x (2) Crackling Razormaw
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Flare
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 2x (3) Illuminator
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (3) Toxic Sewer Ooze
# 2x (4) Eater of Secrets
# 2x (4) Kezan Mystic
# 2x (4) Multi-Shot
# 2x (4) Phantom Freebooter
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 2x (7) Gladiator's Longbow
#
AAEBAR8C08UChtMCDqQCqAK3AskEgAf+DPoPiRCIrwLquwLZvwKJwwKOwwLXygIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

figmentPez

Staff member
And, once again, Tavern Brawl is bugged so that it doesn't count towards "play _ games with [class]" quests.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Yeah, I noticed.
My guess is that, because YOU don't get to choose the class, it doesn't trigger the requirement.
That hasn't always been the case. The Battle for Gadgetzan randomly assigned you a class, but you still got credit for wins.... Oh, wait, looking at the thread on Reddit, it seems like it was very inconsistent on which classes you'd get credit for, often for ones you weren't playing.

WTF, Blizzard?

Cobbled together a new priest highlander deck. I'm sure there are better ones online, but I'm having a lot of fun with mind.

DK Anduin is never going to be so powerful in standard once Raza leaves next April.

You know, now that I'm around rank 12, I don't care about warlocks anymore. Druids however, can fuck right off.

figmentPez

Staff member
To be fair, you had a really good curve. :/
Like I told you, I'm surprised I won. That deck does not usually draw that well. The fact that I had Barnabus played by turn 10, and had Ultimate Infestation ready to play was insane.