[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

Is today the April equivalent of pirate day? Yesterday it was C'thun everywhere, likely because some people got their first from the free Old Gods pack. So today is ... pirate warriors ascending the ranks while it's still easy for them?
Where have you been? Every day is pirate day.

Is today the April equivalent of pirate day? Yesterday it was C'thun everywhere, likely because some people got their first from the free Old Gods pack. So today is ... pirate warriors ascending the ranks while it's still easy for them?
Ladder resets pretty much always mean every rank being flooded with people playing whatever deck is seen to be the easiest to climb with quickly. Right now that's pirate warrior - I'm actually more surprised that you saw something else more yesterday.

Ladder resets pretty much always mean every rank being flooded with people playing whatever deck is seen to be the easiest to climb with quickly. Right now that's pirate warrior - I'm actually more surprised that you saw something else more yesterday.
I've seen enough pirate warrior today that I even encountered people who had the cards, but no clue how to use them. Wasting arcanite reaper to kill a voidwalker? Pfffft.

I hope everyone got all the Grand Tournament packs they wanted yesterday, because they are gone now. Same for Blackrock Mountain and League of Explorers. I thought that stuff wouldn't lose access until Thursday, but nope, it's all wiped from the shop.

Their cards can still be played in standard until Year of the Mammoth officially begins, and then some of my decks are going to need editing/deleting. Honestly, I could do for a large-scale deck purge; I don't play most of these anyways.

Goodbye soon, Dark Peddler and Imp Gang Boss. You'll both be missed.

Same for Blackrock Mountain and League of Explorers.
Blackrock/League aren't cards, they're adventures. You couldn't buy them as packs. Unless you mean you can't purchase any missing wings now? I can't tell, I busted through my quests to buy the rest of the adventures (even if I hadn't completed the prior wings) so they couldn't take 'em away from me later.

--Patrick

Blackrock/League aren't cards, they're adventures. You couldn't buy them as packs. Unless you mean you can't purchase any missing wings now? I can't tell, I busted through my quests to buy the rest of the adventures (even if I hadn't completed the prior wings) so they couldn't take 'em away from me later.

--Patrick
I know that. That's why I said I'd miss two cards from them. :p

As long as you bought the first wing, you're locked in to have access to buying the rest of that adventure later. You can play them and earn the cards/heroic card backs whenever you want then. Which means they have to leave all that in the game. Which makes it kinda dumb that they don't just have a Wild store.

I'm reading that we have to wait until 3 PM Eastern/12 Pacific on Reddit, but can't find anywhere to verify that. I had figured it would be 12 Eastern/9 Pacific.

Servers are probably going to explode for at least a few hours regardless, if the last couple are anything to go by. Plan on being able to play by the evening and you shouldn't be too disappointed.

I'm basically locked into my collection, hitting back does nothing. But if I restart I'll never get back in. I don't know which is worse.

Just gonna focus on something else for an hour and hope my transaction went through without issue. Just annoyed that I was in, but then unceremoniously thrown out.

Got in, opened packs. Wish I could build decks right now, but on my way to the doctor, so it'll have to wait.

Out of 95 packs, I did VERY well. Legendaries were: Ozruk x 2, Hemet x 2, the mage quest, the warrior quest, the paladin quest, King Mosh, and *trumpets* Clutchmother Zavas! :D

So she just saved me 1600 dust. I'll have to craft the warlock quest later, but will definitely build decks around the ones I got already. Also got repeat golden cards, so there's some extra dust too if I want.

figmentPez

Staff member

WTF? Envenom Weapon doesn't work with Blade Flurry? Just why the hell was Blade Flurry nerfed with extreme prejudice if it wasn't to account for cards like Envenom Weapon?

WTF? Envenom Weapon doesn't work with Blade Flurry? Just why the hell was Blade Flurry nerfed with extreme prejudice if it wasn't to account for cards like Envenom Weapon?
Sadly, blade flurry is spell damage and so isn't weapon damage (it is affected by spellpower though)

Blade Flurry was nerfed to prevent damage to the other player, which wouldn't affect poisonous in any way anyways.

But I do think it's silly, since giving wild pyromancer poisonous counts. ;) (Yes, I get that the diffence is that the damage still comes FROM the minion)

I think the distinction, from what I've read, is that poisonous only applies when its source is alive at the time of damage - deathrattle or after destruction effects that do damage aren't poisonous if the "body" that had the keyword is gone.

ie poisonous knife juggler ticks will kill, poisonous fiery bat deathrattle won't.

Fought against it. Rogue did Swashburglar (Patches came out, but that's irrelevant now). Shadowstep. Swashburglar. Shadowstep. Swashburglar. Coin. Ferryman. Swashburglar. She had the quest done on turn 3, and only had to wait two turns before every crappy one-drop was a 5/5, plus all their other effects. My warlock could not compete even though I finished my quest soon. 3/2 < 5/5.

Also, shit on Reddit for believing the priest quest would be hard to pull off. It's summon deathrattle minion, not play. That leaves plenty of wiggle room to suddenly be boosted to 40 health. Right now, I think paladin's quest is hard to pull off, but I can't deny the outcome. 11/5 Galvadon had taunt and windfury, and then I threw a divine shield on for extra. Opponent conceded, but the wrong card in their hand would've ended all that work.

I have 9 copies of some cards, but I'm going to fight the urge to disenchant extras until things have settled; want to make sure Blizzard won't be nerfing something I play. This evening has been weird; there's so much to take into account, both with cards gone and mechanics introduced, it feels like learning the game all over. I had to keep reminding myself "no, that enemy warlock's HP is actually going down; Reno isn't about to pop up and enrich the guy."

I've been playing Jade Rogue and I have yet to lose to the quest priests. Granted my rank is low right now, but quest priest feels slow as fuck. Also, so many priests at low rank are just throwing Amara early instead of using it as a Reno.

ACTUALLY, I did lose to one quest priest, because the fucker stole my shadow caster. :x

figmentPez

Staff member
Blade Flurry was nerfed to prevent damage to the other player, which wouldn't affect poisonous in any way anyways.
Yeah, but it was double nerfed. It lost the ability to do damage to face, but it also got doubled in mana cost. It's so terrible at removal that many people thought that even Envenom Weapon couldn't make Blade Flurry playable at 4 mana. Why is it so extremely expensive?