[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

I have yet to play a mage that pulls that off, because they too netdecked it and always play their apprentices pre time warp. /facepalm
You can play the apprentices pre time-warp so long as you are holding your cabalist tomes. You cast the tomes and hope to get free spells to finish your quest, which is usually very easy, and near gauranteed if you are also holding your glyphs. You only need 1 mana left to cast the time warp. Just like miracle, sometimes you have to believe you can draw into your win condition.

I spent all of today exodia maging pirate warriors and quest rogues.

You can play the apprentices pre time-warp so long as you are holding your cabalist tomes. You cast the tomes and hope to get free spells to finish your quest, which is usually very easy, and near gauranteed if you are also holding your glyphs. You only need 1 mana left to cast the time warp. Just like miracle, sometimes you have to believe you can draw into your win condition.

I spent all of today exodia maging pirate warriors and quest rogues.
That's not what was happening, it was never a move of desperation, it was people flat out misplaying. Like, playing out the apprentices then ending their turn. Or playing them piecemeal, then playing Antonidas later.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
TIL: That Curious Glimmerroot can pull any card that started in your opponent's deck, not just those that are still in it. I played it against warrior today, and got his quest.

figmentPez

Staff member
It does say "started in."
I assumed that was just Blizzard's usual avoidance of long card text, and that the card would otherwise act much like a thoughtsteal, shifting shade, or crystaline oracle.[DOUBLEPOST=1491766218,1491765710][/DOUBLEPOST]I got the most bullshit win today while playing one of my crappy "class cards" deck, the sole goal of which is to finish those quests as fast as possible...

Screenshot 2017-04-09 13.37.09.png

Earlier in the game I'd defused his aggression with a fun potion of madness to take his Flamewaker, using it to kill a buffed Mana Wyrm. But the real fun came when I Thoughtstole his Antonidas... and then got another Antonidas from a Shifting Shade. So I played one, and used the leftover mana to Ice Lance his Flamewaker. I figured the Antonidas would die, but he lived. So I used a Potion of Madness to steal his Flamewaker, then Circle of Healing, Fireball, Fireball was enough to kill him.

I got the most bullshit win today while playing one of my crappy "class cards" deck, the sole goal of which is to finish those quests as fast as possible...
I had that happen to me with the "play 30 Hunter cards" deck I built. Its goal is just to churn through as many Hunter cards as possible, mostly through secrets and the Cloaked Huntress.
...it has an 80% win rate (4/5).

--Patrick

After playing around with my Midrange Battlecry Shaman deck in wild, I'm super sad again about the LoE adventure cards being moved to wild. The Hot Springs Guardian and Fire Plume Harbinger are nice additions for that deck, but now Bran and Rumbling Elemental are gone, so updating that to standard would pretty much just be making it a Shaman elemental deck, which is fine, but not nearly as interesting. If only they didn't retire all the adventures from a year at once.

After playing around with my Midrange Battlecry Shaman deck in wild, I'm super sad again about the LoE adventure cards being moved to wild. The Hot Springs Guardian and Fire Plume Harbinger are nice additions for that deck, but now Bran and Rumbling Elemental are gone, so updating that to standard would pretty much just be making it a Shaman elemental deck, which is fine, but not nearly as interesting. If only they didn't retire all the adventures from a year at once.
Why not just continue to play it in Wild?

Today's quest--five Rogue or Druid wins.

Current brawl has you play as Rogue, but another quest demands use of 50 Druid cards.

So many decisions.[DOUBLEPOST=1492117951,1492117737][/DOUBLEPOST]
And here's the highlight reel.

--Patrick
I'm laughing so hard. This is wonderful. I'm tempted to do this myself.

Was about to pull off Toast's combo to beat a quest Rogue when the Hearthstone server shat the bed. Wouldn't let me back in, either. That was nice.

Decided to craft the rogue quest ... this shit needs to be nerfed big time. While you do have to make careful considerations at the start, once you get things going there's not much your opponent can do unless you did something stupid earlier like leave a crucial minion on the field.

I'll use it here and there, and then dust it once it gets nerfed.

The one quest I got WAS the Rogue quest, but I haven't won any games yet with it.
...mainly because of season 10 and the Overwatch event.

--Patrick

That's the one quest I opened too, and it honestly isn't that strong. Yeah you sometimes line things up to roll over someone, but I've had it go the other way more often. I'd be very surprised if it ends up nerfed.

That's the one quest I opened too, and it honestly isn't that strong. Yeah you sometimes line things up to roll over someone, but I've had it go the other way more often. I'd be very surprised if it ends up nerfed.
People feel like rogue quest is OP right now because it does very well against slow control decks. Fast aggro decks destroy it, but fast aggro decks are at an all time low at this point in the expansion. This isn't because they aren't still good (they are, in fact pirate warrior still has the highest win rate of any deck) but because all of the new deck archetypes are much slower, and people are still experimenting with those. There's also the fact that aggro was at the strongest it's ever been in the past expansion cycle, and people are tired of playing it, this all adds up to an environment where quest rogue can thrive.

But yeah, if anyone feels like that deck just can't be beaten, play aggro and watch them melt.

Red Bull had a team draft deck HS tournament yesterday. Kibler, Toast, and Cydonia basically entered as a team for the luls, and clearly had the most fun. Here's the last round. (Around 6hr6min if timestamp fails)

Partially rank, partially matchups. Like Ravenpoe said, it either wins big or loses big, and it's entirely possible to hit long stretches of either.

My warrior played the taunt minion into the mean dinosaur who immediately killed it.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
I think you're misunderstanding what happened in my screenshot. :p

I was playing a warrior, my opponent was a hunter. He got his legendary quest completed, giving him Carnassa whose battlecry would summon the Brood of them once he played it from his hand, but he didn't have mana to do that on the same turn he earned the card. I played Dirty Rat, which dragged Carnassa onto the game board, but deprived the card of its battlecry, and the hunter of the more important element of the quest.

He did keep playing, though. I hit Carnassa with Slam + Execute, so no problem there. Soon he was top-decking.

Weird bug with the brawl..

I'm pretty sure none of the decks have spells in them, but whenever I use glimmeroot, it gives me 2 spells and a minion, but the minion is always the wrong answer.

TLDW
Kripp is going to finally disenchant the extra cards he's had since the beginning of Hearthstone once he hits 1M Twitch followers