[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

I just found him annoying regardless of his punctuality. He exhibits the behavior I associate with the "stuck-up, smug, in-need-of-a-good-thrashing team" in your favorite grade-school sports movie.

Also, I've twice now brought Noth down to just 1 point and no cards remaining but been unable to survive long enough to let him die of fatigue. Grr...

--Patrick

Wow, do I get the weirdest concedes. By turn 5 I had ok board control against a priest while playing my control warrior. He was only at 24'ish health and I still had 30, I removed his Yeti, ended the turn, and he conceded. I certainly didn't feel like I had a very strong grasp on the game, but apparently my opponent didn't want a protracted game (playing priest no less). Weird.

Having fun playing the Secret Mage deck now that Mad Scientist is available, favorite so far is playing against a hunter and having counterspell out when he plays flare :)! Mad Scientist/Kirin-Tor with Duplicate is always fun.

Wow, do I get the weirdest concedes. By turn 5 I had ok board control against a priest while playing my control warrior. He was only at 24'ish health and I still had 30, I removed his Yeti, ended the turn, and he conceded. I certainly didn't feel like I had a very strong grasp on the game, but apparently my opponent didn't want a protracted game (playing priest no less). Weird.
Watching Cranky play, I wonder if sometimes this isn't "Ok I have my daily quest fulfilled. Bye!"

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
I have an increasing tendency to mentally describe Hearthstone cards in terms of basic/common cards:

- Mind Control Yeti
- Taunt destroying Yeti
- Yeti Matroska
- Lazy Yeti
- Taunting Bubble Yeti
- Hyperactive Yeti
- Healing Yeti

- Taz'Dingo with a side of Goldshire Footman
- Hyperactive, Impatient, Bubble Taz'dingo
- Tempo wreck Taz'dingo

I found both the bosses this time to be extremely underwhelming. Beat the first with my freeze made no problem. The second with my priest deck playing pretty normally. I do have to admit that the fact that never touched my lightwells through the entire encounter helped me immensely. Plus I pulled a twisting nether through thought steal as well.

I found both the bosses this time to be extremely underwhelming. Beat the first with my freeze made no problem. The second with my priest deck playing pretty normally. I do have to admit that the fact that never touched my lightwells through the entire encounter helped me immensely. Plus I pulled a twisting nether through thought steal as well.
Heroic or normal? Normal was, as always, super easy.

figmentPez

Staff member
Heroic or normal? Normal was, as always, super easy.
It has to be to allow the people who can't get past rank 19 a chance to beat them and get the cards. I've watched these people play, and it's painful to watch, but also fascinating. Not only do they make horrible misplays, but they run terrible decks as well. The Normal level bosses are a challenge for players like that.

Normal level bosses are fine difficulty. I find some of the class challenges to be very luck dependent though and that can be really frustrating.

I can't remember which class challenge it was, I think it may have been Shaman, but it was extremely clear that there was supposed to be some sort of gimmick you were supposed to use on the boss. I found no use for the gimmick at all and ended up just tearing through the boss with normal card draw.

I still haven't completed the Paladin class quest (I only gave it one try), but I'm pretty sure they're trying to push you into pumping up a blood knight.

figmentPez

Staff member
There is a bug right now where if Ragnaros kills Kel'Thuzad (minion), then Kel'Thuzad will resurrect himself, along with any other minions.

I just blew a hunter's mind by not attacking into his explosive trap.

Turn 3, I play a frothing berserker onto a clear board. He plays an oasis snappingjaw. I play another frothing berserker, attack into the turtle with the first, and execute it (knowing he's most likely planning to houndmaster it on his next turn) leaving me with a 4/2 and a 4/4. He plays a secret and then arcane shots the 4/4 leaving me with two 4/2's. He then spammed sorry a lot, trying to rub it in.

Master strat engage: I just don't attack. I leave the 4/2s there and start doing my armor up card draw thing, knowing they can kill whatever he plays next. He realizes that anything he plays will just immediately die, and passes his turn. This progresses another couple of turns until I've quickly built up a big enough board to easily kill him.

Moral of the story: don't attack into that explosive trap.

Warrior opponent: I guess I'll play heroic strike and end my turn! Also I'll just never kill that thing that let's the priest keep drawing cards on heals. It only has one attack! clearly not a threat!

Dennis from its always sunny?
No, although he would probably be a Dennis too.

It spawned from one of Kripparian's streams, where he played against a player named Dennis who had some... rather unorthodox plays. Such as turn one smite to the face.

From there, whenever someone would do a misplay, stream chat would call them Dennis, or just use Dennis in general to describe bad play, and it spread to other streams from there.[DOUBLEPOST=1408850257,1408850122][/DOUBLEPOST]aha!

Y'know, Poe, I know you like all these guys and they are probably super great strategists, but jesus christ are all the guys in the videos you link tremendous toolbags.

I'll stick with Trump. He's entertaining without being a douche nozzle.
Trump is definitely the most humble of the top streamers. Though Hafu would be a really close second.[DOUBLEPOST=1408851599,1408851526][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, wtf is going on with bnet right now? I'm trying to log on, and it's telling me there's an 87 minute queue... FOR THE LAUNCHER.