[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

Trump is definitely the most humble of the top streamers. Though Hafu would be a really close second.[DOUBLEPOST=1408851599,1408851526][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, wtf is going on with bnet right now? I'm trying to log on, and it's telling me there's an 87 minute queue... FOR THE LAUNCHER.
I got that earlier. I rebooted my computer and got right in.[DOUBLEPOST=1408852043][/DOUBLEPOST]Strike that, just got kicked out and now it's got a 29 minute queue.[DOUBLEPOST=1408852208][/DOUBLEPOST]I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that the PS4 version of Diablo just dropped this week.

I got that earlier. I rebooted my computer and got right in.[DOUBLEPOST=1408852043][/DOUBLEPOST]Strike that, just got kicked out and now it's got a 29 minute queue.[DOUBLEPOST=1408852208][/DOUBLEPOST]I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that the PS4 version of Diablo just dropped this week.
Ahh, I didn't know that was releasing. Might be.

wtf is going on with bnet right now? I'm trying to log on, and it's telling me there's an 87 minute queue... FOR THE LAUNCHER.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that the PS4 version of Diablo just dropped this week.
DING DING DING
Well, a little bit of digging shows that a group is taking credit for DDoSing battlenet, so yeah...
"Hey guys, wh4tr we gonna do tonite?"
"S4me thing we d0 every nite! HURR HURR :troll::troll::troll:"

I had the same trouble, took me almost 10min to log in last night, kept getting kicked off, lag would spike to 1500ms, the usual after launch. Don't play Hardcore after launch, that's the lesson.

Also, a lotta these streamers get good at the game, get a channel going, and they start to get that celebrity mindset, and they turn into prima donnas and think they can get away with normally inappropriate behavior. It's no different from the jocks that make it in the NFL, for instance.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
My current Shaman deck sucks, but it has it's moments. Up against a mage, who has already used both his polymorphs, I played Cairne Bloodhoof, and went ahead and used a Reincarnate. So I had Baine and Carine on the board. He played a Spellbreaker to silence Carine, but I was having none of that. I used Ancestral Spirit and my second Reincarnate to give myself two fresh Carines Bloodhoof, both with their death rattles intact. Then I used my other Ancestral Spirit later on an injured one, so that if he wanted to use his hero power on it, he'd just end up with another fresh Carine to go with the Baine. It was like Bloodhoof whack-a-mole.

Yeah I guess in retrospect it wasn't that big a risk. I got lucky with it a few times with it hitting exactly what I needed it to.

figmentPez

Staff member
Hearthstone should have a winter holiday celebration, with a bunch of cards getting themed reskins. The legendary from the bunch could be Greatfather Winter, a reskinned Ysera, who gives out Present cards instead of Dream cards.

Personally, I never really played hunter at all, but I have a few synergies with my warrior and priest that can do 20+ damage in one turn.

figmentPez

Staff member
I feel like a better fix for buzzard would have been to make it a 2/2 for 2 (or a 0/3 for 2), and limit it to one card draw per turn. "For the first beast you summon each turn, draw a card."

Last edited:
B

BErt

Fuck Rogues.

...I play mostly hunter but I don't run buzzard so I'm not ready to flip a table. I've also never come anywhere near the legendary ladder but I'm gonna pretend that's not related. Shaddup :p

The Leeroy nerf seems fair, but goddamn that buzzard nerf. 5 mana for a 3/2? Daaamn. RIP buzzard.
Yeah I figured for that mana cost they would up it to a 4/3 or 4/4 like auctioneer since they both do the same thing. Leeroy was bound to get nerfed since he was everywhere even in non rush down or combo decks.

Changing the buzzard to 5 mana is completely killing the card. No one would use it now, it's too expensive to combo with hand beasts, and you'd get better value out of an unleash combo by using a cult master now.

They did this because they feel hunter is too strong with the buzzard/unleash combo. They've nerfed unleash several times before, first nerfing it to 4 mana, and then backing it up back to 3, and now killing buzzard. What they should do if they don't want that combo is to simply make unleash summon SPECTRAL hounds that are not beasts, like spectral creepers for haunted creeper.

figmentPez

Staff member
Trump weighs in:

In short:
- Trump says that from his experience, and personal notes, Hunters make up between 1/3 and 1/2 of the current meta
- This change invalidates all current Hunter archetypes, and he knows of no way to make an effective Hunter deck for constructed play.

- Miracle Rogue may live, though it will likely switch to a Malygos based version.

- Predicts that Handlock will become more popular, and this will make Shaman more competitive.

I really don't see Miracle switching to Malygos. I think it'll stay much the same, it doesn't need triple leeroy to win.

It is, however, much weaker now, after already being weakened in Naxx.

figmentPez

Staff member
I really don't see Miracle switching to Malygos. I think it'll stay much the same, it doesn't need triple leeroy to win.
Keep in mind that Trump is talking competitive, Legend-rank / tournament, play. He might be right, that a 5 mana Leeroy may not be competitive enough against other decks at the pinnacle of Hearthstone.