[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

Ok your mana curve is really high. As a ramp druid you should be playing wild growth. That's how you are suppose to get your big minions out sooner. Savage roar is for when you also have force of nature to combo it with and you are not playing a token style deck so it is kind of useless. A harvest golem would help you more as it would take some early game harass out. I would get rid of the novice engineers. You have card draw with the blood mage, wrath and ancients of lore and if you switch a sunwalker out for a nourish then you will have plenty of card draw for the game. I would probably switch the shieldbearer out too.

Finally was able to get into the plague quarter after it was not letting me in yesterday. That mage challenge was tough. It was such a bad deck with minions that barely did any damage and secrets that were largely useless. I think I had a counter spell and a spell bender out on turn four (due to the scientist) and they never got triggered before I lost. All the other class challenges were relatively simple as long as you didn't get unlucky but this one you had to get extremely lucky that you were somehow able to deal with his doomguards.
Huh, I found the Mage one to be the simplest so far. Maybe it was bad luck on your part and good luck for me? Or perhaps play styles just made that one come more natural for me.

figmentPez

Staff member
This deck was tearing it up for me. Got 5 wins in a row right off the bat, even when I made a major misplay and missed lethal one game.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_7.31.2014 Naxx MidRush Rogue.jpg

Ok your mana curve is really high. As a ramp druid you should be playing wild growth. That's how you are suppose to get your big minions out sooner. Savage roar is for when you also have force of nature to combo it with and you are not playing a token style deck so it is kind of useless. A harvest golem would help you more as it would take some early game harass out. I would get rid of the novice engineers. You have card draw with the blood mage, wrath and ancients of lore and if you switch a sunwalker out for a nourish then you will have plenty of card draw for the game. I would probably switch the shieldbearer out too.

Finally was able to get into the plague quarter after it was not letting me in yesterday. That mage challenge was tough. It was such a bad deck with minions that barely did any damage and secrets that were largely useless. I think I had a counter spell and a spell bender out on turn four (due to the scientist) and they never got triggered before I lost. All the other class challenges were relatively simple as long as you didn't get unlucky but this one you had to get extremely lucky that you were somehow able to deal with his doomguards.
Thanks! I made some of the changes you suggested but didn't have time to test them but will let you know.

Huh, I found the Mage one to be the simplest so far. Maybe it was bad luck on your part and good luck for me? Or perhaps play styles just made that one come more natural for me.
The problem for me was just that the minions were too small and there were not enough of them to go with the terrible secrets. There were what 3 cards that were greater then 2 attack; the archinist, kirin tor mage and the belcher (unless you count the egg but even on the left side it took forever for the guy to destroy it). So to kill his five health guy you had to sacrifice two or three minions and they were so expensive compared to his better stat cheaper dudes. All the other class challenges I beat first try and then played them 2 more times and beat them every time. The mage it took five tries to beat and I just got lucky that the ai is stupid and I got 2 nerubians out of one egg and he didn't double doomguard me like he did every other game.

I guess since I got the Egg right away placing it on my second turn was huge for me. After that I would fireball the doomguards and by that point he was pretty low on cards in hand and no creatures. Early on the armor secret kept me fairly healthy and at the end the Ice Block gave me reassurance.

There were fireballs?! The only spells I saw in all five games were secrets. I got down to the last nine cards too during one of my games. Anyway the game I did get the egg and nerubian out early he just demonfired his voidwalker and went for face making me have to waste my entire turn pinging it to kill it and losing my nerubian to his hero power next turn anyway.

*Ok I just tried it again and won it easy. There was a cairne bloodhoof and sylvanas in that deck! Why did I not see them before. Still didn't see the fireball but it wasn't needed with those two.

Oh, yeah, I saw Cairne and he was great. Didn't even play Sylvanas though she was in my hand almost the whole time.

Take that Loetheb! Damn close game though as this was probably my last turn to kill him.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_8.2.2014.10.48.38.png

Noth was a lot easier, though. As soon as I gave the Lightspawn +2 health and doubled it twice I knew I had a good chance of making Noth very dead. The Lightwell kept me nice and healthy too.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_8.2.2014.11.03.35.png

Oh man... I just ruined a miracle rogue's day with Loatheb. Turn 5 he drops a Bloodmage Thalnos. I know he's sitting there with a gadgetzan, just hoping to be able to drop it and a bunch of preps and conceals and probably a few value shivs on turn 6, but nope... I drop Loatheb.

He hovers over each of his cards, pauses a long moment, stabs me with his 1/2 dagger, redaggers, and ends turn.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Heigan the Unclean ended up being easy once I tailored a deck to beat him. Killing his Daemon for 0 and gaining 5 life for it by using Sacrificial Pact? That was fantastic and led me to delay the game long enough to get good board control. If it wasn't for that card, I might have had a much harder time beating him.

Really looking forward to the next wing!

Faerlina is by far the easiest boss they've had out so far, IMO.
And Maexxna falls on my first game, too. Why was the first one so hard?
Here are the two decks that did it, Faerlina and Maexxna:
antiwid.JPG
antimax.JPG

(I only named them for the pix just so y'all could tell which was which)
--Patrick

Well, no heroic sweep for me tonight. After completing the normal bossess and class challenges of the military quarter, I was only able to beat one boss on heroic (the four horsemen) before calling it a night. Stupid blizzard releasing this shit at 3am doesn't really help.

So, Heroic Instructor Razuvious is super cheap. He has a 1 mana hero power that does 4 damage to whatever he targets, and he has weapons that do TWENTY face damage against you. If you go a turn without having a taunt up, you're pretty much dead. So infuriating. Until... this happened.

Double Thoughtsteal

figmentPez

Staff member
I just pulled off the most bullshit priest victory. We were both down to single digit health, and he had lethal on the board for the next turn. I had no way to kill off his minions. But I did have Shadow Madness and a stolen Blessing of Kings. I took control of his 3/3 Blood Knight, then turned it into a 7/7. Only mine for the turn, but it was enough to take out his remaining 6 health.

I just pulled off the most bullshit priest victory. We were both down to single digit health, and he had lethal on the board for the next turn. I had no way to kill off his minions. But I did have Shadow Madness and a stolen Blessing of Kings. I took control of his 3/3 Blood Knight, then turned it into a 7/7. Only mine for the turn, but it was enough to take out his remaining 6 health.
I've eliminated a Ysera with Inner Fire + Shadow Word: Death before. It's fun to watch their glee from a perceived misstep turn to sorrow once they realize what you're up to.

--Patrick

Ok, both of the class challenges down, both on the first try. Why was I having such a hard time with the first one? Hmm.

--Patrick

I've only attempted Noth so far and that was only twice. Once with my priest deck, and then with my Murlock deck. I thought I had him with the murloc rush, he was down to 4 health, and I was down to 6. Then he plays iceblock... god DAMN IT :p

Haven't tried the new military wing on Heroic yet, but it wasn't too tough on normal. The Warlock challenge though didn't want to cooperate with me, and finally after 8 games I was able to eek out a win. Yikes, that was rough.

figmentPez

Staff member
So, I had some ridiculously good luck in the Shaman class challenge. This was my first try:
Hearthstone_Screenshot_8.6.2014.22.27.36.png

Yes, that's an 11/11 Thaddius. I got Stalagg and Feugen in my hand by turn 7. Gothik was even kind enough to kill them for me.

I've only attempted Noth so far and that was only twice. Once with my priest deck, and then with my Murlock deck. I thought I had him with the murloc rush, he was down to 4 health, and I was down to 6. Then he plays iceblock... god DAMN IT :p
I had him down to 5 before I succumbed on my first run through. He counterspelled me at a critical point (giving windfury to my enraged and double flametongued Amani Berserker).

--Patrick

Holy crap, the Heroic bosses in the military quarter are TOUGH. They said they weren't going to ramp up the difficulty, but I think these are definitely harder than the last two. I've only beat the first one, and that was through luck.