[PC Game] Hearthstone (Practically Beta)

Is Thump a cute nickname for Trump, or a different streamer? Because I've seen that happen with Trump.

The worst part is that deathwing had been mind-visioned by the priest he was up against, so the priest knew Trump had it, and was waiting.
Fixed. My coffee addled brain kept thinking thump for some reason.

Wow, what a game! This could have gone either way but once he didn't have enough to kill me I knew I had it in the end. The player was incredibly cordial during play and emoted properly through the whole match. Mad props.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_7.10.2014.19.46.15.png

Interesting thing I discovered.

Millhouse Manastorm played by your opponent gives your hero a passive ability that reduces all spells to 0 mana for that turn.

If you play Lord Jaraxxus, he replaces your hero, meaning that ability is gone and spells once again have a mana cost.

Interesting thing I discovered.

Millhouse Manastorm played by your opponent gives your hero a passive ability that reduces all spells to 0 mana for that turn.

If you play Lord Jaraxxus, he replaces your hero, meaning that ability is gone and spells once again have a mana cost.
Well, I suppose the better response to your opponent playing Millhouse Manastorm would be to play Edwin VanCleef.

...or, for even better results, Archmage Antonidas.

--Patrick

Well, I suppose the better response to your opponent playing Millhouse Manastorm would be to play Edwin VanCleef.

...or, for even better results, Archmage Antonidas.

--Patrick
Oh, I've done that. Turn six, opponent played Millhouse. I coined antonidas, cast a free frost nova, and then fireball fireball fireball fireball fireball.

I suppose the moral is don't play Millhouse.

Won a game with my Warrior I definitely should have lost. Going into the second last turn, I put out Ragnaros, who helps me stay alive for a second turn by wasting a creature.

Last turn things look grim as the opponent has two creatures out with enough damage to kill me with just one. He's at 13 life and I play Gorehowl and smack him for 7. To win, the RNG gods have to smile upon me and shoot him in the face. Which is exactly what happened.

Just couldn't believe luck went my way on that one.

That video was making the rounds at work yesterday. Something about how recently OMG HEARTHSTONE CAN'T STOP PLAYING gripping the staff, or something.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Another card revealed: Loatheb
5 mana Legendary 5/5
Battlecry: Enemy spells cost (5) more next turn.

I wonder what happens if you play Millhouse and then this guy on the same turn.

Another card revealed: Loatheb
5 mana Legendary 5/5
Battlecry: Enemy spells cost (5) more next turn.

I wonder what happens if you play Millhouse and then this guy on the same turn.
I wonder if play order will matter.

Also, since it's a battlecry, that means you can't Faceless it to perpetuate the effect (unless you can bounce them all a few times).

--Patrick

Phew, that took some doing. I just managed to defeat Maexxna on heroic difficulty, using a paladin deck I made for her. At first, she's incredibly difficult to handle, because her heroic hero ability returns 2 minions to your hand for ZERO mana, and she floods the board with deathrattle spawning spiders working up to mountain giants and evil taunters.

This is the deck I used:

Because her hero ability costs zero mana, the AI uses it at the start of every turn. So, I focused on minions with battlecries, charge, and other immediate effects. An owl can silence enemies multiple times, charging minions can charge over and over again, and earthen ring farseers (and later guardians of kings) keep you going. Humility and aldor peacekeeper keep the big minions from hurting you. Your goal is to use her multiple spawns to quickly flood her side of the board with 1 attack minions, keeping her from being able to play any more. Leeroy is good for this, but I didn't draw him during my match. Mind control tech can help you survive the beginning, but in the end, she had a ton of spiders, a 1 attack mountain giant, and I just kept playing Guardian of Kings and Wolf Rider until she died.

I noticed that you pretty much have to construct your decks around their hero abilities.
Also, the hero ability of that second boss? Sooooooooo unfair. Especially on heroic difficulty.

--Patrick

I noticed that you pretty much have to construct your decks around their hero abilities.
Also, the hero ability of that second boss? Sooooooooo unfair. Especially on heroic difficulty.

--Patrick
Nah, I just finished beating her on heroic with a standard zoo deck. Her hero ability does nothing if you just play all your cards.

All three bosses on heroic are now down, and I got... NOTHING. No reward for clearing them on heroic.

No reward for clearing them on heroic.
What? That doesn't sound right. Have you done the class challenges yet?

I'm still lacking in the cards department to really go toe-to-toe with them, but Cranky has already gone through them all on normal.

--Patrick

What? That doesn't sound right. Have you done the class challenges yet?

I'm still lacking in the cards department to really go toe-to-toe with them, but Cranky has already gone through them all on normal.

--Patrick
I've done everything in the first wing, normal bosses, heroic, and class challenges. I got rewards for the normal and class stuff, but nothing for heroic.

So, I threw together a little gimmick deck with some of the new druid cards. Poison seeds is a fun ability, destroying everything on the board to replace with 2/2 treants. And if you combine this in a token deck, with those spider eggs that summon big spiders when they die (which still get replaced with treants) you get this.

Holy crap, you weren't kidding Poe, Heroic is balls hard. I'll need to construct a deck for each boss.
Hard? I didn't notice...

They do require that you kinda build custom decks to tackle them, though. Except for the middle one, I just used my normal zoo deck.[DOUBLEPOST=1406093934,1406093746][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, woo, I just opened this card pack:

Hard? I didn't notice...

They do require that you kinda build custom decks to tackle them, though. Except for the middle one, I just used my normal zoo deck.[DOUBLEPOST=1406093934,1406093746][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, woo, I just opened this card pack:

You seem to forget that you were messaging me when you first tried them telling me how hard they were ;)

I beat him using a freeze mage. Summon all the 4/4's you want, doesn't matter if they never attack.

Alexstraza then took him down to 15.
That was my plan for tackling that boss. Haven't done the hard modes yet (yesterday was board game night), but I'm sure I'll get to it soon.