Halloween '09

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Monster at the End of the Walkway

Whoa, don't take another step towards that door at the end of this walkway guys. Didn't you see the top of that post. There is a MONSTER at the end of the walkway!

Hey, you took another step! Maybe you don't realize that there is a monster there! Probably a mean one! One that would eat us.

Okay, stop it. Stop taking steps. I don't want to meet the monster at the end of the walkway. In fact, I will tape your feet to the ground to prevent you from bringing us closer to the monster at the end of the walkway.

YOU BROKE THE TAPE TO TAKE ANOTHER STEP?! Do not bring us closer to the monster. We're practically at the end of the walkway! We are almost there. Probably another step and there it is.

Why, we're at the end of the walkway and there is nobody here. Oh, that means we are the monsters at the end of the walkway. I am so relieved.
This book disturbed me as a child because Grover yelled at me. :(

T

Tiq

Been practiting my face painting technique tonight, in preparation for halloween, as it's been years since I've tried this...

Now I just need some green and black hair dye.

Depending on how big my check is next week will determine if I am doing what I want for halloween... which is OLD GREGG!

I was going to do it last year but lacked the funds so going to try this year.

Probably going to go as a left4dead hunter during a staged zombie attack with a few friends, then as a zombie victim for funsies. I'd like to go as an are-you-my-mummy victim, but too few would get the joke in Georgia ~_~

C

Cuyval Dar

Shaving my head, and putting on a Star Trek uniform. Picard all the way, baby.
Next year will be Jack O'Neill.

Shannow

Staff member
hahahahhaha, roomate has decided to paint his face up silver and create a destro costume. Awesome.

so for a sketch we filmed we ended up with a table cloth that is covered in fake blood stains. I was thinking about maybe trying to make this into something, but I have no sewing skills and I don't know what exactly to do with it.

I think I could get away with maybe making it an apron, and then just getting prop butchers knives and stuff to tie to it. That might get annoying to constantly have that stuff just dangling there.

Perhaps a toga? Some kind of ghost of Caesar thing?

Maybe I could do a mad scientist outfit type of thing. Just put a lot of buttons on it (somehow) but I don't know if I could get the sleeves to look right. This would be probably too sewing intensive, I feel.

any suggestions?

so for a sketch we filmed we ended up with a table cloth that is covered in fake blood stains. I was thinking about maybe trying to make this into something, but I have no sewing skills and I don't know what exactly to do with it.

I think I could get away with maybe making it an apron, and then just getting prop butchers knives and stuff to tie to it. That might get annoying to constantly have that stuff just dangling there.

Maybe I could do a mad scientist outfit type of thing. Just put a lot of buttons on it (somehow) but I don't know if I could get the sleeves to look right. This would be probably too sewing intensive, I feel.

any suggestions?
Bloody ghost?

any suggestions?
Bloody ghost?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps. I might try to see how that looks on me. My biggest fear with that is the fact that I'd be a white guy in the south wearing a white sheet and part of that just don't sit right with me.

Maybe if I cut a lot of holes in it, and carry a bag full of rocks.

any suggestions?
Bloody ghost?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps. I might try to see how that looks on me. My biggest fear with that is the fact that I'd be a white guy in the south wearing a white sheet and part of that just don't sit right with me.

Maybe if I cut a lot of holes in it, and carry a bag full of rocks.[/QUOTE]

You should definately dress up as an andalusian celebrating la Semana Santa.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=Semana santa andalucia&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

any suggestions?
Bloody ghost?[/quote]

Maybe if I cut a lot of holes in it, and carry a bag full of rocks.[/quote]

You should definately dress up as an andalusian celebrating la Semana Santa.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=Semana%20santa%20andalucia&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi[/quote]

:shocknawe: oh shiiiiii---

Man, now I gotta look up why they both wear the same thing.

edit

from
http://gospain.about.com/od/semanasantaeaster/a/semana_santa.htm

It is said that early KKK members saw the Semana Santa celebrations and adopted the costume, so impressed were they by the effect the design had on onlookers.

Throwing a Halloween party, been decorating all weekend. I'll share some pics taken of the party... OH... and I ended up getting a PIMP costume. It owns.

Shannow

Staff member
Well, with moving to a new place on nov 1st happening, funds and time are a bit low. as such, the Cobra commander costume was bought on sale, and...acquired!

I'm going as Captain Hammer. I've already got some jungle boots, black gloves, and the t-shirt. I'll just need to get some brown cargo pants this weekend.

"These are not the hammer."

Shannow

Staff member
Seriously Shannow? :thumb:
thanks, though it was just a pre bought costume. What will be good is of the others follow throguh. One friend is going to be Zartan, though that will just be a wig and some makeup. The other is trying to piece together destro.

What we are really hoping to do is get my older brother out with us. He is about 6'3 and 280 punds (not muscle at all, but heavy and big). Get him some aviators, a drill sergant hat, black wife beater and cammo pants..BAM, Sgt Slaughter, the wwf years. He already has the goatee for it. I think I have him half convinced to do it and go out with us when he is done trick or treating with my little nephew.

I thought of the most awesome costume if you have a baby. Put together a tauntaun costume, maybe by modifying a kangaroo costume or something. Put a slit in the front where your baby in a carrier hangs out dressed as Luke Skywalker in Hoth gear. Have some guts draped around for good measure.

Dave

Staff member
I thought of the most awesome costume if you have a baby. Put together a tauntaun costume, maybe by modifying a kangaroo costume or something. Put a slit in the front where your baby in a carrier hangs out dressed as Luke Skywalker in Hoth gear. Have some guts draped around for good measure.
Or put the baby in a chest carrier and go as the rebel leader in Total Recall.

Shannow

Staff member
Quuuuuaaaaiiiiid. Oooooopen your miiiind. OOOOOOOOPPPPPEEEEENNN YOOOOOUR MIIIIIIIND!!

Good old Quato.

Also, gereastest line from that movie...

"See you at da pah-dy rictah!"

For three years I've tried to convince my daughter to agree to the Princess Peach (her), Mario (my three year old boy), and Donkey Kong (me) trifecta. Next year, I plan on starting earlier and pointing out that a wig and pink party dress are involved.

My boyfriend and I are going to a big Halloween party this year, and we're trying to come up with a cute couples costume idea. We're going back and forth between Dexter and one of his victims and Starchild and the Demon from KISS. You can guess which one I want to do.

Shannow

Staff member
My boyfriend and I are going to a big Halloween party this year, and we're trying to come up with a cute couples costume idea. We're going back and forth between Dexter and one of his victims and Starchild and the Demon from KISS. You can guess which one I want to do.

R2D2?

Status
Not open for further replies.