Halloween '09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at respectable places, there aren't :-P

And yes, I've disconnected the door bell on occasion for that very reason :-P

Dave

Staff member
I have to work. It'll be the worst wedding gig ever.

My playlist includes as much Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, etc. That I can. I'll be playing Slipknot, ICP and other wonderful wedding music.

Dinner background music is Apocalyptica.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like a lot of these bands (except ICP) and would sit & listen to their music. But they don't belong at a wedding reception and nobody is going to dance. Yet the bride & groom want me to get as many people out as possible and keep it fun. :confused:

So what's going to happen is this:

I'm going to play their music, everyone is going to leave and it's going to be my fault. Or I'll play what the crowd wants, people will have fun and the bride and groom will be mad at me for not playing their music. So I'm going to play what they want me to so I can go home early.

Shannow

Staff member
I have to work. It'll be the worst wedding gig ever.

My playlist includes as much Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park, etc. That I can. I'll be playing Slipknot, ICP and other wonderful wedding music.

Dinner background music is Apocalyptica.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like a lot of these bands (except ICP) and would sit & listen to their music. But they don't belong at a wedding reception and nobody is going to dance. Yet the bride & groom want me to get as many people out as possible and keep it fun. :confused:

So what's going to happen is this:

I'm going to play their music, everyone is going to leave and it's going to be my fault. Or I'll play what the crowd wants, people will have fun and the bride and groom will be mad at me for not playing their music. So I'm going to play what they want me to so I can go home early.
Wedding Mosh Pit?

We're going to throw our first costume Halloween party. We should have about 25 guests, we got games, prizes lined up. We should have a great time.

This may be my costume.

Dave

Staff member
We're going to throw our first costume Halloween party. We should have about 25 guests, we got games, prizes lined up. We should have a great time.

This may be my costume.
Are you going to be making that cheesy grin/point thing stance a habit? Because that would get annoying.

This may be my costume.
Are you going to be making that cheesy grin/point thing stance a habit? Because that would get annoying.[/QUOTE]

I MAY dress up like that, if the party goers are worth it... Thanks for the idea! :yo:

Man Halloween is coming up fast and I don't think I am going to be able to get my costume as done as I wanted. :(

The real trouble isn't time so much as money. Several of the things I need are also the most expensive parts. I may have to alter my costume in order to get it done in time for Halloween :(

Cajungal

Staff member
Reeeeeeally playing with the idea of dressing up even though I'm going to see Lewis Black that night.

Shannow

Staff member
New apartemnt acquired, and moving nov 1st, so funds will be short and the weekend packed. So I went easy and cheap this year...

Cobra Commander costume has been acquired.

Side note..moving sale. Anyone want to buy a 32 inch samsung hdtv crt? Works great! just gotta pick the heavy thing up! Ill even give you a deal, cuz I know I aint moving it with me! ;)

1. Get a poster board.
2. Get some red paint.
3. Write FUCK OFF on the board with the paint.*
4. Leave sign on porch in well lit area.
5. ???
6. Drink alone and go to sleep.

* Bonus points for somehow spelling it wrong, or getting a letter backwards, or changing cases erratically.

Cajungal

Staff member
Leave out candy but leave a mirror in front of the door. My psychology professor does this every other year. There's candy leftover every time there's a mirror. It all gets taken within 3-4 kids when there's not. So cool.

Cajungal

Staff member
O, haha... yes, vague. It was an experiment he chose to do based on the idea that making people more self-aware will change their behavior. For example, if people see their face in one of the mirrored pillars at a department store, they're less likely to litter or steal. Not completely true, but some people do respond to it.

His experiment isn't perfect, because there are different kids (of different ages) trick or treating at house house each year. So the set of people he's using for the experiment changes constantly. I still think it's cool.

fade

Staff member
O, haha... yes, vague. It was an experiment he chose to do based on the idea that making people more self-aware will change their behavior. For example, if people see their face in one of the mirrored pillars at a department store, they're less likely to litter or steal. Not completely true, but some people do respond to it.

His experiment isn't perfect, because there are different kids (of different ages) trick or treating at house house each year. So the set of people he's using for the experiment changes constantly. I still think it's cool.
Could be simpler than that on Halloween. I would imagine that these kids don't readily identify themselves with masks and makeup, so maybe it's just the weird monster in the mirror that scares them off.

The Monster at the End of the Walkway

Whoa, don't take another step towards that door at the end of this walkway guys. Didn't you see the top of that post. There is a MONSTER at the end of the walkway!

Hey, you took another step! Maybe you don't realize that there is a monster there! Probably a mean one! One that would eat us.

Okay, stop it. Stop taking steps. I don't want to meet the monster at the end of the walkway. In fact, I will tape your feet to the ground to prevent you from bringing us closer to the monster at the end of the walkway.

YOU BROKE THE TAPE TO TAKE ANOTHER STEP?! Do not bring us closer to the monster. We're practically at the end of the walkway! We are almost there. Probably another step and there it is.

Why, we're at the end of the walkway and there is nobody here. Oh, that means we are the monsters at the end of the walkway. I am so relieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.