[PC Game] Halforums House: RimWorld Character Creation Thread

Still should be a damn weasel. <grumble grumble>
Not to be a spoilsport, but ehh...Shouldn't you maybe have put interest points in animal, too? You've got a score of 9 but no interest, so doing anything with animals is draining and obnoxious...
...Wait, do these guys use a litterbox you have to clean? :p

Not to be a spoilsport, but ehh...Shouldn't you maybe have put interest points in animal, too? You've got a score of 9 but no interest, so doing anything with animals is draining and obnoxious...
...Wait, do these guys use a litterbox you have to clean? :p
I'll figure this game out one day.

@GasBandit, would you pull one interest point from Intellectual and one from Social and give them to Animal? Pretty please and I'll love you forever.

GasBandit

Staff member
Good, I guessed right ;)

I've made him your maternal grandfather. As a side effect of this, at some point in the game we might randomly stumble across your mother/his daughter as part of another faction... possibly even a pirate faction... possibly during a raid.

Good, I guessed right ;)

I've made him your maternal grandfather. As a side effect of this, at some point in the game we might randomly stumble across your mother/his daughter as part of another faction... possibly even a pirate faction... possibly during a raid.
She was a bit of an angry hippie in her younger years. I could totally see that happen.

GasBandit

Staff member
The stream will begin shortly over at twitch.tv/gasbandit, for anyone who cares to watch live. Be warned, the first hour at least is going to be all logistical crap involving making sure everyone's assigned proper duties and gets fixed up with their gun/knife. Pets will be wandering freely until there is sufficient food coming in to begin their training.

I'll have to catch it tomorrow, I'm late leaving work (as usual).
Be a good fellow and rip the episodes to your YouTube channel, ok?
(I've never tried I don't know if you can actually do this)

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I'll have to catch it tomorrow, I'm late leaving work (as usual).
Be a good fellow and rip the episodes to your YouTube channel, ok?
(I've never tried I don't know if you can actually do this)

--Patrick
I'm not making video versions of it, but the stream says up on my twitch channel for 2 weeks. I'll be making text-and-screenshot reports in a new thread soon (not tonight, not enough to go on yet).

I've started playing, and making notes to make a post. I don't have enough yet though, but anyone who wants to watch the archived stream, it is here. Fear not, if you don't have the time to watch it, in the next few days I'll start a "story" thread (like I did for HFA) where I will make text posts summarizing the events.

Crap . I saw on the video that I didn't have enough handling skill for the fennec fox. Originally I was going to go with a chinchilla which only needs 4 points. I got too excited when I was the fennec. :/

GasBandit

Staff member
Thank you for the super fun hair! Is the arm injury the reason why I can't haul or mine? All good, I didn't add any skills for my character to do those things but I was curious.
I chose character origin stories based on the skill distribution, and often that would turn a 0 point skill into an "incapable." Your med student origin made you consider such burdensome tasks beneath your station :p

Also a good explanation :)

Whatever the reason, its true to character. I am in no way capable of hauling anything nor would I be any good at mining.

I have to say, at 11:30PM while rocking a fussy baby, GasBandit's voice has this oddly soothing quality.

GasBandit

Staff member
Just how long did the stream go for, and/or what time did it finish at? Please include timezone.
It went for 3 hours and 45 minutes, and ended at 12:15 am central. But, as I said, is still available for viewing on my twitch channel and will remain so for 2 weeks. The archived footage also replays the chatlog in real time so you can also see the viewers harassing me :p

GasBandit

Staff member
Considering she's like this:

And spleplapedes dont really like humans...
It may never happen XD
I think mostly the difficulty has been that @Zero Esc has often been the one to try to tame him since his animal tending skill is 9, but he's deep in the throes of go-juice withdrawal and thus can't actually keep up with it as it moves around, and thus wastes the entire day failing to train it. I've taken Zero off animal duty until he gets his shit together :mad:

I think mostly the difficulty has been that @Zero Esc has often been the one to try to tame him since his animal tending skill is 9, but he's deep in the throes of go-juice withdrawal and thus can't actually keep up with it as it moves around, and thus wastes the entire day failing to train it. I've taken Zero off animal duty until he gets his shit together :mad:
I mean, you could also solve the problem by putting the bug in its own smaller restricted area.

GasBandit

Staff member
I mean, you could also solve the problem by putting the bug in its own smaller restricted area.
There's so much to keep track of, I'm sure I would forget it and it would starve.

And besides, then Zero would just go on to go slowly trudge after some other animal, preventing IT from being trained by anybody.

There's so much to keep track of, I'm sure I would forget it and it would starve.

And besides, then Zero would just go on to go slowly trudge after some other animal, preventing IT from being trained by anybody.
So lock it in the kitchen. :p

That reminds me of the other thing that is driving me nuts. That you don't have priorities set manually. I know there's 40+ people, but GD son. (I get it, it just drives me nuts)