[PC Game] Halforums House: RimWorld Character Creation Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
That reminds me of the other thing that is driving me nuts. That you don't have priorities set manually. I know there's 40+ people, but GD son. (I get it, it just drives me nuts)
My stomach really hurts that I don't have the time and attention to devote to things like that, and even moreso that the division of labor means things like... I don't have one guy who's super excellent at construction that I can use to take the time to make sure everybody has at least a superior quality bed. NOPE too many people, too many beds, not enough skillz. Some of you are just gonna have to put up with crappy beds. 54 colonists means only the squeakiest wheels get the grease. And right now I got this power shortage and heat wave shit to deal with.

I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but I like that my muffalo just decided to sleep in the bunk with everyone else.

He thinks he's people!

GasBandit

Staff member
I'd also like to point out, because others have made the mistake, that this playthrough is not of a "tribe" :p that was last time. This time, everyone is marooned spacers, so it is a colony, not a tribe.

The game makes a distinction between the two (mostly in how long it takes to do research, but some social mods also make characters of different origins commit faux pas based on tribal/midworld/urbworld/hiveworld/iceworld/glassworld/spacer/glitterworld culture clashes).

GasBandit

Staff member
It would be nice to get a melee weapon eventually! :p
You got Wasabi's fennec as a consolation prize :p but yeah, you're on the list. There's a lot of people who need weapons, and I'm thinking an imminent pirate raid will help with that... one way or the other.[DOUBLEPOST=1501613586,1501613506][/DOUBLEPOST]
You have to snap someone's neck and steal their club like someone already has.
That really surprised me when that happened. :confused:

I mean, I expected someone with a knife to come finish off the pirate quick and quiet like, but... daaamn.

We also start our colonies really differently. I always start with a slowly expanding wall to keep predators and mad animals out. Watching predators wander into your camp makes me nervous.

GasBandit

Staff member
We also start our colonies really differently. I always start with a slowly expanding wall to keep predators and mad animals out. Watching predators wander into your camp makes me nervous.
A wall is usually on my to-do list as well, but I like to get the bedrooms done first. Of course, that's proving difficult this go-round.[DOUBLEPOST=1501614389,1501614207][/DOUBLEPOST]
Legit getting the twitch app so I can watch while at work. NO SHAME!
Hah, well, don't get caught and lose your promotion over me :p

Also the first half hour is basically me checking boxes on forms and doing inventory, so feel free to skip a bit.

Reminder to all - you don't actually have to watch the stream unless you want to, I *will* be making a proper update once I deem myself to have enough content to do so (probably in the next day or two).

A wall is usually on my to-do list as well, but I like to get the bedrooms done first. Of course, that's proving difficult this go-round.[DOUBLEPOST=1501614389,1501614207][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hah, well, don't get caught and lose your promotion over me :p

Also the first half hour is basically me checking boxes on forms and doing inventory, so feel free to skip a bit.

Reminder to all - you don't actually have to watch the stream unless you want to, I *will* be making a proper update once I deem myself to have enough content to do so (probably in the next day or two).
LET ME LIVE!

Haha, they're super chill - it's really fine, I promise. I won't get into trouble.

I'd rather have your voice in my earholes so I'm going to keep watching/listening to the stream! :heart:

My stomach really hurts that I don't have the time and attention to devote to things like that, and even moreso that the division of labor means things like... I don't have one guy who's super excellent at construction that I can use to take the time to make sure everybody has at least a superior quality bed. NOPE too many people, too many beds, not enough skillz. Some of you are just gonna have to put up with crappy beds. 54 colonists means only the squeakiest wheels get the grease. And right now I got this power shortage and heat wave shit to deal with.
I have 6 in construction and 8 in crafting :3 but I'm guessing my asthma acts up too much to get a lot of stuff done quickly. But hey, at least I like to work with my haaaands

GasBandit

Staff member
I'd rather have your voice in my earholes

I have 6 in construction and 8 in crafting :3 but I'm guessing my asthma acts up too much to get a lot of stuff done quickly.
well, you don't really get to make reliably good constructions until you're over 10, preferably 12 or 13.

But hey, at least I like to work with my haaaands
Awww yeah girl, you build that bed.. Build it reeeeal good.

:hump:

GasBandit

Staff member
Dodge's cat is Masahiro.
Far's Husky is Dolly.
JWhouk's Husky, Putt-Putt, ended up forming a bond with Frank. I'll get JWhouk one of the puppies.
BErt's Husky is named Bront. He's a good dog, Bront.
GenSpec has a Labrador named Uma.
Quining7 has one named Nora.
MindDetective's monkey is named Savanna.
Hylian's arctic fox is Romeo.
NobleHippy's fennec fox is Ichabod.
Wasabi's fennec fox, "Bits," was beyond her ability to master, and ended up bonding to SpecialKO.
Kags is master of a red fox named Count.
Klew's arctic wolf is named Killer.
Krisken's timberwolf is named Elmer. I guess he hunts wabbits.
Zero's rat is named Nanami.
Emry's rat is named Blood.
Sara's iguana is named Dynamite.
Dirona has a lynx named Paddy.
CynKat's spelopede, as mentioned earlier, is named Megumi.
Dei's muffalo is named Juliette.
Celt Z's muffalo is named Silence.

As the animals have babies, other capable colonists will start to get pets to train.

(Blows note on harmonica) *Fweee
Ahem
La la la..

♫ WEEELLLLLLLLLL♫

Efficient Light
and Cheaper Components
and Organized Research Tab

There's Stack Manager
and Rimfridge too
and Extended Traits, cause they're fab

Without Prepare Carefully, this whole thing wouldn't work
And Trading Spot's essential to make caravans not jerks

AllowDeadMan'sApparel fixes something that shoulda already been there
And Change Dresser is great for storing clothes and changing hair

Where's the Gravel fixes an annoying artwork flub
And RT Fuse, cause spacers should know circuit breakers, bub

A Dog Said will help keep our pets healthy and super fit
And Hugslib is in there because basically other mods all just need it

See Deep Ores, because it's a QOL issue and no brainer
And Allow Tool just prevents me from going ever more insane-er

Set-up Camp's a must have for all your caravaning guys
I have Refugee stats, but for this, I don't think it applies

(since I'm turning off refugee events)

Balanced Neutroamine Production, so we can grow our meds
And Simple Sidearms so closing to melee doesn't make gunners instantly dead

AC Enhanced Crafting, for managing our crafts
And JTReplace walls is nice because the old way was quite daft

(Also Better Workbench Management)

Hardworking animals will make our pets all haul their weight
And SS Damage indicators makes combat really great

Headgear frame is nice but really purely just for looks
Heat map lets me make sure nobody accidentally cooks (or freezes)

I have Zombie Apocalypse but I don't think I'll use it this time, guys
Ditto for Packed Lunch, not quite as useful as I first surmised

Of course a number of hair mods that aren't important enough to tell
But Colony Manager is super fucking swell

(And I don't think I could do this without it)

RuntimeGC's just for addressing some late game performance probs
And to fix a retarded design decision, Billy's Improved Load Transport Pods

We're gonna lose some limbs and such, it's guaranteed, I'm fearing,
So we definitely will have Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering

LT-Doormat will help keep our compound nice and neat
And from what I understand Additional Joy Objects is a treat.

So now, for Romance Diversified, I wait with baited breath
to figure out if it is workable, or will just fuck us all to death.
Yoink!

I use a lot of mods. Here's a generated list. I have a lot more social mods than Gas, and also some kind of cheaty ones, that I have for random things that annoy me.
RimWorld modlist

Author: AnnaDei
Mod count: 45

HugsLib by UnlimitedHugs
Important: This mod should be loaded right after Core to work properly.
HugsLib is a library that provides shared functionality to other mods.
Version: 3.1.2

Haul to Stack by ItsComcastic
Version 0.17
Instead of hauling to random tiles your pawn should always haul to a stack if it has room on it
Features
Haulers will check for an existing stack to add it's item to. Haulers no longer reserve the haul-to tile meaning multiple pawns can haul to the same tile at once.
Issues
You may still see your pawns haul to different stacks, this will happen if there are no stacks, or full stacks in the stockpile and two or more pawns try to haul new items at once or if an animal is hauling. Example: If you get a pod drop with new loot and two pawns pickup some before any is placed, they might pick different spots in the stockpile to haul to. I'm working on a system where they can share with eachother which tile they plan on placing new loot on which should fix that issue and prevent the need for Stack Merger by Fluffy
Conflicts
It looks like there might be a conflict with a wall light mod if your stash runs against the wall light. If you have wall lights against your stash take that tile out of your stockpile zone to prevent pawns from going into a loop of trying to haul over and over. This issue isn't fixable by changing mod order unfortunately, I'll have to work with the mod creater on a solution.
This overwrites the builtin JobDriver_HaulToCell. If any other mods overwrite the JobDriver for hauling this mod will throw tile reservation errors. This mod should be compatible with most other mods but let me know if you have any problems.
* IMPORTANT *
If you want to remove or turn off this mod you need to first make sure no one is performing or going to do a hauling job.
You can force this by pausing, drafting any pawns where their state says they're 'Hauling", save.. turn off the mod, then load that save and undraft the pawns. If you don't do this the pawn and what they were holding will 'disappear' and the game will throw errors. If you reload your 'broken' save with the mod they should reappear.
Recommendations
Install Stack Merger by Fluffy in addition to this mod. On rare occasions pawns could haul items that don't have an existing stock pile to different tiles because both pawns look for a location to place the item at the same time and if nothing exists they may pick different tiles for placing. Fluffy's mod will handle those cases.
Thanks to @Trips for the Haul to Stack preview picture.
Github
https://github.com/jkluch/HaulToStack

RimFridge - A17 by Kiame Vivacity
Adds refrigerated racks to keep food and other perishables cold. Ideal for use in dining rooms, freeing up labour from feeding prisoners, or keeping food on hand for cooks.
Comes in 1x1, 1x2, and 2x2 versions.
Thanks to everyone who's helped translate this mod!
Dragomano - Russian
53N4 - Spanish
duduluu - Chinese
phmalu - Portuguese
Breakyt - French
Ɲơɴɑɱɛ - German
Thanks to everyone who's added/edited code!
towhead - Made the fridges hide the uglyness of food
Original Author: Vendan

EdB Prepare Carefully by EdB
Customize your colonists, choose your gear and prepare carefully for your crash landing!
If you get a set of starting colonists that you like, save them as a preset so that you can start your game the same way next time.
[Version 0.17.1.6]

Rumours And Deception by SeveralPuffins
Have you ever wondered why your colonists don't talk about each other? Did no-one wonder about sending that shifty cannibal Alex to bury the dead? How come Ray likes the abrasive psycho that beat up her friend, just because she's never been insulted directly? And why is no-one ever apologetic about anything they've done?
If you want more social complexity, or just plain gossip and intrigue in your stories, then look no further! Rumours and Deception adds several new colonist social interactions, traits and thoughts that largely focus on people talking about people.
New interactions:
- Chat about other colonists: Alice likes Bob. Bob hates Carol. Bob can now tell Alice this!
- Spread rumour: Colonists will tell nasty, unsubstantiated tales to each other, particularly about colonists that neither of them like.
- Share secret: A colonist can trust another enough to reveal something deep and personal, bringing them closer together.
- Reveal secret: There's no guarantee that all trust is well placed! Colonists that have been told a secret can go and gossip about it to their friends!
- Apologise: Colonists can try to make up with others that they've insulted or hurt.
- Make peace: Colonists may try and apologise on behalf of a third party.
- Culture clash: Not all insults are intended! One may insult another due to having a poor understanding of their background culture (for example, Tribal vs GlitterWorld culture clashes).
New traits:
- Compulsive liar: This colonist just can't help it- every conversation is an opportunity to make up some new, snide story about one of the others.
- Gushing: This colonist just cannot judge who to trust with their darkest secrets, exposing themselves to potential embarrassment.
- Gossip: This colonist talks about other people all the time. This extends to secrets, with which they can't be trusted.
- Manipulative: This colonist will use any social trick they know to make other people see things THEIR way. They are great negotiators, but can be divisive and isolating within a colony.
- Trustworthy: This colonist keeps secrets. They rarely spread rumours, and if they do they feel terrible about it.
- Peacemaker: This colonist can't stand to see their friends fighting. They will try to resolve other people's differences, and will get a mood boost if successful.
New events:
- Defection: A socially isolated colonist will suffer mood penalties and very regular mental breaks. If they remain friendless, they may, occasionally, walk off the map and join an ally (currently suspended while HugsLib updates).
- Splinter: In the unlikely event that a clique of friends forms within the colony that is largely hostile to the rest, they may choose to leave together and form a new map faction. They will take some of your colony's belongings with them as they go (currently suspended while HugsLib updates. Will be replaced with leaving caravan).
- Brawl: Even if cliques don't leave, they may still start fights!
Updates:
28/05/17: Updated to A17. Introduced a toggle for brawls for those who don't want them, but by denying this violent outlet for your colonists, they will take a big mood hit for their divided colony!

Preset Filtered Zones by cuproPanda
Adds six new stockpile zones which are already filtered for storing Meals, Meat, Vegetables, Medicine, Joy, or Animals. Freezer creation is a breeze!

Organized Research Tab by Lazevedo
Organized research projects in the Research Tab.

Hospitality by Orion
Allows you to recruit visitors. At a price, of course.
You can also improve your relationship with visiting factions and sell items to visiting guests. Guests will buy and use things inside of their allowed area.
Errors and bugs: If you get errors, most likely Hospitality is clashing with another mod you're using.
So to help me fix bugs, please describe clearly what happened. Also please upload the output_log.txt file from Rimworld's data folder or enable the developer console and upload a screenshot of the first error you're getting. If you think it might be conflicting with another mod, please list the mods you're using in the order they get loaded.
Hospitality requires the HugsLib mod to be loaded first.

Xeva's Rimhair (A15, A16, A17) by Orion
Adds more hair styles.
Also works for A15 and A16.

Simple sidearms by PeteTimesSix
With the invention of pockets comes the idea of bringing EVEN MORE WEAPONS. Because your snipers are getting really tired of getting shanked.
See forum thread for details.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32497.0
HugsLib for A17 required. Get it here:
https://github.com/UnlimitedHugs/RimworldHugsLib/releases

Heat Map by Falconne
Adds an overlay toggle button to show a temperature based colour gradient over indoor areas: green for the human comfort zone, getting bluer and redder for colder and hotter rooms respectively.

More Furniture (A17) by Anonemous2
Adds furniture, styled for rimworld. New items can be found in Furniture+ tab when building. (Alpha 17 Release)
Adds;
New tables
Counters
End tables
Dressers
Plant pots
Chairs
And more

Refugee Stats - A17 by Kiame Vivacity
A mod to add a bit more detail to the refugee screen.
Original Author: Shirkie01

ResearchPal by notfood
Making researching a breeze!
Credits:
A17 Update by NotFood
A16 Update by Skyarkhangel
Original mod by Fluffy

Quarry by cuproPanda
Adds a quarry for mining in flat terrain.

Visible Pants by XeoNovaDan
A mod that allows you to see everybody's trousers - for that complete feel. Taken from Vindar's Medieval Times mod with permission.

Better Workbench Management by Falconne
Improves the 'Do until you have X' job target by letting you set quality, hitpoint and material limits for counted items, as well as ignore corpse worn apparel.
Copy and paste bills within and between workshops, optionally linking multiple bills to mirror changes between all bills in the chain.
Restrict bills to a particular pawn, fine tune the "unpause at" level with buttons and rename bills, as the Enhanced Crafting mod does (these two mods are not compatible).
Convenience feature to automatically open Bills tab when a workbench is selected.

Harvest Everything! by Ykara
Lets you harvest every body part you can think about!

RuntimeGC by user19990313
RuntimeGC In-Game Cleaner

How could you salvage your over-sized savegame?
How could you make your game running smoothly as it used to be?
Well,you're lucky because you're using this mod!
You can:
-Remove unnecessary World Pawns to alleviate burden of GameSystem
-Clear AvoidGrids to reduce the size of your savegame
-Remove useless members(dead or of other factions) in an animal family
-Remove filth in HomeArea
-(New)Remove corpses in current map
-Fix some faction relationships error(Those caused by mod conflicts are not included!)
-Re-generate faction leaders to fix some CommTable issues.
-Reclaim Memory used by GameSystem to boost up game performance
Usage:
1.Activate this mod(after Core mod)
2.Load your savegame
3.Find a tab called "RuntimeGC" at the bottom of your screen
4.Click,and do some cleaning with the GUI
Enjoy!
PS. The longer you played(year-in-game),the more effective this cleaning will be.
PS2. Sometimes errors occur like "Tried to remove xxx from RimWorld.WorldPawns,but it's not here."They're unavoidable as I should thouroughly de-register every pawn(to avoid further bugs).But,they're harmless,so just ignore them.
PS3. Post any errors or bugs on my forum page.Your effort contributes to a better mod.Thanks!
PS4. (Too expensive to buy)

Portal Turrets by LazyCocoa
Changes automated turrets to the turrets from portal!

Colony Manager by Fluffy
Colony Manager allows you to make colonists do the more tedious parts of managing a colony, making sure you’re never out of vital resources again*.
Important
Requires a new save game.

Adds a worktype, which is stored in the world, which means you need to start a new game after adding/removing this mod.
BETA VERSION
This is the first release on A17, and there were a lot of changes. For now, the Production and Import & Export tabs have been disabled. The production tab will likely be permanently removed, and migrated to be it’s own mod. Import & Export has been buggy for a while, and needs to be rebuild.
Features
Production Jobs
== removed ==
Hunting jobs
Set a target for meat, and never worry about designating hunting manually again!
Set an area to clear of all predators - keep your home area safe!
Forestry jobs
Set a target for wood, and never worry about designating lumber manually again!
Automatically clear wind turbine catchment areas to ensure they’re working at maximum efficiency.
Set an area to clear of all vegetation - make sure there’s no possible cover or retreat for any hostiles that dare attack you.
Livestock jobs
Set a target for animals (for four separate age/sex combinations), and pawns will auto-butcher and/or tame to manage your herd.
Restrict animals to specific areas (for example to separate male/female animals and prevent breeding).
Auto-butcher, tame and train according to your specifications.
Overview
Clear overview of all jobs
Show stock and designated levels for the last day, month and year
Show pawns capable of a job, and set work status
Prioritize jobs, the manager will handle prioritizing jobs on worktables (however standard priority ordering across worktables still applies).
Import & Export
== disabled ==
How does it work?
You can manually set bills in the new Manager tab on the bottom of the screen. Once set, a colonist with the manager skill and worktype enabled will go to a manager station to figure out the best way to hand out jobs to individual workstations
Periodically, the manager will check if the assigned bills are still up-to-date, and make changes or delete bills where required. The manager will not touch bills that are set manually, nor will managers create jobs. You’re still the overlord.
In theory there is no real limit to the number of global bills that can be set.
Notes
Requires a new save. Adds a worktype, which in my tests gave errors on old savegames.
Should work perfectly fine with other mods that add bills, assuming they do nothing too fancy/weird. (I’ve tested with various modpacks - screenshots were taken with the ModVarietyPack.)
Contributors
KapTaiN KaVerN: Minifiable research benches
Moumix3: Research tweaks
duduluu: Chinese translation
Kirill:
MossieuLeBlanc: French translation
Lauri7x3: German translation
Well-sp: Russian translation (update)
Version
This is version v0.17.1.10

Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0 by Ykara
Adds the ability to craft tons of prostheses and artificial organs in various forms and shapes. Version 2.0

Medical Tab by Fluffy
Adds a comprehensive medical overview tab, showing your colonists’ health at a glance.
Important
Does not require a new save game
Can safely be enabled/disabled in ongoing saves.
Note
The medical tab was rebuild from the ground up for A17. That means many improvements, but possibly also some new bugs. Please let me know if you found any bugs, weird behaviours, or have a suggestion.
Features
Shows vital medical statistics for Colonists, Animals, Prisoners, Visitors and Hostiles*.
Medical care designation, including mass and default assignments
Overview of bleeding rates, pain and infection/disease/immunity progress
See efficiency on all capabilities
Schedule new operations and see planned operations
Sort by everything
*: The hostile tab will by default only show downed hostiles, as I consider showing all hostiles cheating. There’s a toggle in the mod options to show all hostiles instead.