[PC Game] Halforums House 3: Halforums Academy Semester 1 Complete!

Man I dunno, FF is getting beat up by everyone in school, and I just say "Oh well let's have sex," and am now really popular.

I have no idea what is going on. ;)

GasBandit

Staff member
Man, Lana needs to step her game up - if all this is happening in the halls, what's got her distracted?
The downside of this game's first person enforced perspective is that I'm not privy to everything that happens in the school in real time - just what the day's character sees personally (and even then it's subject to misinterpretation - it's hard to tell what people are discussing when you're a distance from them and the BGM doesn't reflect what they're doing (whenever you hear me say something about the atmosphere in the room changing, it's usually because the BGM has tipped me off to ambient tension/sadness/happiness/horniness/etc).

Sometimes I'm able to fill in the gaps by reading the savegame file at the end of the day, but that doesn't tell me how many PDAs Lana has broken up, for example, or who beat up who exactly (just how many fights someone has won).

Was just being rhetorical.... and possibly foreshadowing! *the chord from hell*

I mean, if she's gonna break up a couple PDA's in the hall, how is she gonna let 'em go to town on the floor? What's good for the goose is good for the gander, after all.

I should like to think she's above corruption, but I'm wondering if she's been bought, a little bit. Bribed with pastries, perhaps. *evil glare*

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Was just being rhetorical.... and possibly foreshadowing! *the chord from hell*

I mean, if she's gonna break up a couple PDA's in the hall, how is she gonna let 'em go to town on the floor? What's good for the goose is good for the gander, after all.

I should like to think she's above corruption, but I'm wondering if she's been bought, a little bit. Bribed with pastries, perhaps. *evil glare*
It's just too much for one morally upright girl to police on her own. There are so many possible locations for debauchery. Who knows how many she HAS broken up that I just didn't witness.

We may need to deputize. I'd suggest Frank, but apparently Captain Cockblock, the Mounted Anti-mounter is starting to have his own agenda.

The downside of this game's first person enforced perspective is that I'm not privy to everything that happens in the school in real time - just what the day's character sees personally (and even then it's subject to misinterpretation - it's hard to tell what people are discussing when you're a distance from them and the BGM doesn't reflect what they're doing (whenever you hear me say something about the atmosphere in the room changing, it's usually because the BGM has tipped me off to ambient tension/sadness/happiness/horniness/etc).

Sometimes I'm able to fill in the gaps by reading the savegame file at the end of the day, but that doesn't tell me how many PDAs Lana has broken up, for example, or who beat up who exactly (just how many fights someone has won).
I kinda like the forced perspective, actually. It gives it a very episodic feel the way you rotate through.

GasBandit

Staff member
Alright folks, the episode we all knew was coming is a scant hour away from publication. Tune in for.. Day 11: Dirona Takes Charge

GasBandit

Staff member
DAY 11: DIRONA, THE TEAM CLERIC

If there's been one steady source of gossip from day one of the semester, it's been the "will they/won't they" story of Dirona and Cheesy. Even longer than Jay's been known to be a manwhore, and predating the rise and fall of Raven Poe's popularity, everybody has seen the bashful, plump boy eating lunch with Dirona, talking to Dirona in the hallway, sitting next to Dirona in class, walking home with Dirona, Dirona Dirona DIRONA. Dirona's more level headed than most of her classmates - or maybe it's that her uncommonly large bust size has the effect of making everyone else around her stupider or less mature, but that's hardly her fault - but a girl has limits. All too often has interaction with Cheesy been a pleasant excercise in frustration. The boy just can't take a hint, or is too paralyzed with fear or self-loathing to step up and make a move on her. She's bosom buddies (no pun intended) with Ashburner X and Shakey, the Well Known, and they've all no doubt heard her woes. Lately though, she's also been noticing that Frank fellow, and while their friendship is new, for her part she is starting to have surprisingly strong feelings for him, even though he's involved in... whatever it is going on with Jay and Justine and Kags et al. She realizes she's approaching a crossroads, and down one fork is Cheesy, and down the other is... Frank maybe? Or even someone else? She doesn't know. She doesn't even know if that's what she wants - she really cares for Cheesy, but there's only so many times a girl can be warmed up and then left out to cool alone. The point of no return approaches, and this is firmly in her mind as she heads out the door.

As is so common lately, upon reaching the riverside walk, she sees Cheesy One slowly shuffling his way toward the school. She catches up with him easily.

1 - It's a brand new day.JPG

Cheesy's always heartbreakingly pleased to see her.

2 - Will you lend a caring hand to shelter those who need it.JPG

After brief chitchat, the "how are you today" and the "boy it's hot today" is past them, she invites him to study before class. If she can get him on his own with a pretext, maybe he'll finally come out of his titanium-reinforced shell, finally. They head for the library.

3 - He rides across the nation, the thoroughbred of sin.JPG

When they arrive, Frank the Tank is already in the library. Dirona finds him... distracting. That tall frame, the chiseled jaw, the corded muscles straining his regulation uniform shirt. The study session is largely wasted on both the scholastic and social fronts. Dirona decides if it's solitude that is needed, she's going to have to try something else.

4 - Captain Hammer's here, hair blowing in the breeze.JPG

Dirona leeds Cheesy next door to the infirmary. The empty classroom across the hall is practically infamous by now and she doesn't want to panic Cheesy with pressure or expectations. Nobody ever comes in here, and the school nurse is notoriously absentee. It's the perfect place to talk.

Dirona slowly eases Cheesy into a discussion about the nature of their relationship, making sure to subtly work in a little innuendo from time to time. Inside, her body is screaming at her to tackle him and smother him with kisses, but she knows if she pushes too hard Cheesy will get flustered and become useless, doing more harm than good.

5 - Wanna say love your hair, here I go, mumbling.JPG

Her patience is rewarded. Showing uncommon initiative, Cheesy puts his arms around her, albiet apologizing all the while. "I'm sorry! I just.. I just wanted to.. do this."

6 - I cannot believe my eyes.JPG

And then in comes Shakey. Dirona groans inwardly. Nothing puts Cheesy off his game like an audience.

Shakey's too good a friend for Dirona to just run her off. She decides to see what Shakey wants.

7 - Why did she talk to me NOW.JPG

It's nothing important, just friendly chatter. Shakey's a bit of a loopy chick, but Dirona suggests she attend to another friend, and Shakey leaves them alone again.

Once she's out of the way, Dirona rewards Cheesy - she plants a big smooch right on his lips. How he didn't see it coming is a mystery for the ages.

8 - Showed me the light.JPG

And with that breakthrough, it's almost time for class to start. The two walk to the classroom.

Morning classes are uneventful. It's a nice change from the absolute chaos that was the previous day.

Spoke too soon! All of a sudden there's screeching like cats being put through a textile mill - Justine and Mind Detective are knocking over desks as they try to pull each other's hair out!

Ashburner and Dirona press back away from the fracas, which is eventually resolved as Mind Detective's rump hits the floor and stays there, sobs wracking her tall body.

9 - All the times that you beat me unconscious I'll forgive.JPG

Neither of the combatants are particularly close friends of Dirona's, but she does like MD a little better. Her nature prompts her to lend assistance.

But as soon as she starts to move toward MD, another fight breaks out! What is going on?! Lord Rendar and Bones are practically trying to kill each other! Bhamv is seen nearby cackling and wringing her hands.

By the time Dirona has helped move Mind Detective out of the way, Rendar lands a right to the breadbox on Bones that crumples him, knocking his wind out and keeping him down. Bhamv Three is nowhere to be seen.

10 - Amazing how sheeple show up for the slaughter.JPG

The whole thing has been rather upsetting to Cheesy, who makes for the door. Dirona catches him in the hall.

11 - He's still not picking up.JPG

She suggests they go for a bite to eat, to settle down. As they eat, she slips an arm around his back. He notices.

12 - The deltoids of compassion.JPG

When they finish eating, Dirona suggests a walk around campus. They wander through the halls and courtyards, which thankfully are now much more calm after the initial violence at the start of the lunch period.

They end up at the baseball field. It's perfect. Still out in the open so as not to make him feel cornered, yet so dreadfully unused as to be unlikely they will be interrupted.

And just as Dirona finishes that thought, HERE COMES SHAKEY.

13 - We have a problem with her.JPG

Dirona has a little word with Shakey, pleasant but firm.

And they're alone again.

And this time, Cheesy sees his opportunity. He enfolds Dirona in another embrace. She rewards him with another kiss.

14 - Gonna show her the hammer cycle.JPG

She leads him into the Baseball team's locker room.

And just as she starts to make a move on him... Bones barges in. What's he doing here? He's not even on the baseball team!!

15 - Anyone with half a brain could spend their whole life howling in pain.JPG

Apparently he wants to talk to Cheesy. How he knew to find him here is anyb... SHAKEY. Dirona starts to put two and two together. Could Shakey be... no, Shakey doesn't go after girls. But maybe she's just jealous of the time Dirona spends with Cheesy instead of her.

She waits patiently for Bones to finish his conversation with Cheesy. Thankfully, once he does, Bones leaves quickly. But much of Dirona's work has been undone by the interruption.

Brick by brick she starts building that foundation again. Cheesy is responsive.

But alas, it isn't to be. Dirona's mood darkens with the frustration of the day's events. Why does this keep happening?

As they start to head back to class, Dirona raises an eyebrow as they take a wrong turn - onto the running track. Without a word, Cheesy walks with her into the boy's locker room...

16 - So they say that it's real love.JPG

And they come face to face with Frank the Tank. How does he do it?! About.. face!

17 - Stand back everyone nothing here to see.JPG

There's no time left.

Afternoon classes whiz by. Dirona works hard to get everything done as quickly as she can. The day is wasting away and she feels no closer to a resolution than she was at its beginning.

Thankfully, the end of classes bell doesn't double as the "FIGHT!" bell, for once. Students pack up and begin to leave for club activities. Dirona naturally asks Cheesy to accompany her to Kendo.

18 - smells like cumin.JPG

Warmups go well. Dirona hopes the rush of physical activity will inspire Cheesy to be braver with her.

Kendo practice goes swimmingly. Even meek Cheesy looks like he's feeling pumped.

19 - Not a joke not a dork not a failure.JPG

When practice is over, as she changes Dirona realizes this is it - it's now or never. There's no time left on the day, and one way or another she's going to have an answer from Cheesy even if she has to drag it out of him with a pair of pliers!

She waits in the kendo hall for him to come out of the boy's changing room.

20 - It's not enough to bash in heads.JPG

FINALLY, after every other boy exits, here comes Cheesy. He sees her and turns to move in her direction.

He's still feeling his wheaties from practice, so to speak. Dirona takes him by the hand and directs him to follow.

21 - Ladies and gentlemen - your hero.JPG

For such things, it's best to use the tried and true methods. She leads him to the unused classroom.

Barely does the door shut before his arms are around her, surprisingly enough. But it is a pleasant surprise!

22 - This is so nice.JPG

Finally, Dirona just has to ask. How does he feel about her? Can't he see she's crazy about him?

His mouth shoots up into a big smile like somebody gave his face a wedgie. He eagerly reciprocates her show of devotion. He hugs her tightly again.

23 - Everything you ever.JPG

In that embrace she whispers in his ear - "My parents shouldn't be home for another couple hours..."

No distractions. No interruptions. No Frank and no Shakey and no fights or other impedances before them now.

The punch line to the day? Guess who's rolling around in the grass on the walk home. Dei and Film Fanatic seem to have completely stopped caring who sees them.

24 - Hammer meet nail.JPG

END OF DAY 11

anything.JPG popularity.JPG sports.JPG study.JPG

Epilogue: This was probably one of the most aggravating days thus far. Cheesy just Would. Not. Play. Ball. Dirona has to lead him by the hand in just about every situation - and I don't like using too much brute force when I'm controlling a character. I prefer to let the other characters approach to do the socializing, but with Cheesy that just almost never happens, though he does sometimes work up the moxy enough to dare to hug her. When she finally put him on the spot with a confession, I half feared she'd hear the "I.. I'm sure you can find someone better than me" self-effacing rejection line. Fortunately for them, he's merely exasperating, not completely pathetic. Dirona and Cheesy are now an official couple. But you know who isn't? Frank and Justine. They've broken up, and Frank is a single man again. Judging from the data, I'd say he's the one who did the dumping. Justine can't stand him now, though he seems to bear her no ill will. I'm sure that will change as she starts to act petty and waspish toward him. Frank is also king of the heartbreakers with six confessions under his belt (meaning he's rejected whoever they were 5 times), and also is the most winning fighter with 7 wins on his belt, and second place (Justine) is distant with 3 wins. It remains to be seen what Jay and Kags will do - they haven't broken up yet, but Justine seems to be hogging all of Jay's... ardor. He hasn't been intimate with her ever since Justine came along, and Justine has kept him busy indeed. In other relationship news, it seems Terrik finally got the gumption up to confess to Bhamv Three, and she accepted him. This is a bittersweet blessing - while of course it came as a blow to Eve Stienman after their night together, it has dire implications for Terrik should their relationship run into trouble. Bhamv is, as we all know, a rather unstable young lady. Keep her happy and never leave her Terrik, or it's curtains for you.

GasBandit

Staff member
So now I'm second in popularity and first in One Sided Love? WTF am I doing?
This is just a wild guess... but I'm guessing you're at least 3 of Frank's rejected confessions. Seems your avatar also thought she's too popular just for FF now, but isn't willing to give up the steady supply of bootay until she has a guaranteed replacement.[DOUBLEPOST=1381291043,1381290950][/DOUBLEPOST]
DVD BONUS CONTENT:

This is how I imagine Cheesy's walk home from Dirona's house went:

I feel bad for my animesim. No one likes her, I feel like she should transfer schools and change her name.

Huh... just like my highschool years

GasBandit

Staff member
I feel bad for my animesim. No one likes her, I feel like she should transfer schools and change her name.

Huh... just like my highschool years
Take heart, there's a new kid - and his dossier says you might be his type, if you can keep your panties on for 10 seconds.

Take heart, there's a new kid - and his dossier says you might be his type, if you can keep your panties on for 10 seconds.
Clearly, my only choice is to make him MORE HATED THAN ME! I'll deftly deflect all that ill will towards him, taking the heat off of me to slowly climb back up the social ladder, back to number one! Today highschool. Tomorrow... THE WORLD!

No wonder no one likes me.

GasBandit

Staff member
About. Freaking. Damn. Time!
Looking over the data, I think the biggest stumbling block between the two of you was that you both chose high morality. Makes it difficult to get all ecchi without a confession. The "Negative" trait on cheesy also makes him prone to depression, which is a moodkiller as well. We'll see if now that the drought has broken if things shape up.

I figured that's what was going on. The "Negative" combined with the "Soft" aspect made him too insecure to do anything. I may have been somewhat like that in real high school, but damn I at least knew how to take a hint when it came to romance. Hope AniCheesy gains a little more self confidence after this.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's feels like my sim is the only one who hasn't even been either propositioned or tried to make a move.
Lana Karron, Lord Rendar, Tin Whistler and Ashburner X are in the same boat as you. I can't figure out any common reason, either - you 5 run the gamut of virtue levels, personalities, subconscious traits, and tastes.