[PC Game] Halforums House 3: Halforums Academy Semester 1 Complete!

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, Sim Frank needs a beating now.
Unfortunately the only person who stands a chance fighting Frank is Justine (or possibly Jay but that's iffy), and she's over the moon about him (and Jay probably doesn't care about this stuff).
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd! :mad:
I wanted you to be an intelligent playboy. You failed me son.
It seems to me the common thread in the weave of the "less prominent" characters is they tend to be generally stable, reasonable people. The ones hogging the limelight have traits that make them act out, like Dirty Minded or Irritable. But don't worry, your day will come eventually as protagonist, and those days tend to be turning points for most of these chuckleheads.

GasBandit

Staff member
DAY 9: MIND DETECTIVE

Mind Detective is a very introverted girl. She does very well at her studies, but isn't very athletic and tends to take her schoolwork so seriously that it doesn't leave much room for socializing. Despite that, she has befriended Dei Skates, and has burgeoning friendships with Gusto and Justine.

As she leaves the house, she sees Film Fanatic waiting around by the river. She knows he's waiting for Dei to show up. Lately he's all Dei talks about, when he gives her a free moment to talk!

1 - Film Fanatic is waiting for Dei.JPG 2 - Hello Film Fanatic.JPG

MD has gotten to school very early, and not many other people are there yet. She hangs around in the hallway in front of Class 1's room, as people arrive. An inordinate number of people seem to be going to the roof. She follows to see what's going on.

She sees Justine there, and the two strike up a conversation.

3 - Justine On the Roof.JPG

After chatting for a little while, MD goes back downstairs to see if Dei has arrived yet.

She finds Dei in the classroom. They start chatting but it isn't any time at all before Film Fanatic is right there again, monopolizing Dei's time. (Is that Jay hugging Justine in the back??)

4 - FF monopolized Dei.JPG

Gusto arrives and she asks him how he's doing. He answers cheerfully but looks distracted - he's looking to have a go at talking to Justine, too. That girl sure seems to get around these days.

5 - Gusto wants to talk to Justine.JPG

Dei asks to see MD's homework. Schoolwork! Now she's in her element. Off to the library!

6 - Dei wants to study.JPG

Studying goes well. Not that MD really needed it, but she helps Dei out some.

7 - Studying.JPG

Shakey comes over to copy some answers, too.

8 - Shakey too.JPG

As MD leaves the library, Jay and Kags are seen nearby too. They don't strike MD as the... studying kind.

9 - Jay and Kags in the Library.JPG

She sees Justine in the hallway. She greets her pleasantly, but it's all Justine can do to hold her drool in as she ogles Frank on the other side of the hall.

10 - Justine and Frank in the hall.JPG 11 - Justine so horny.JPG

She runs into Little Kagsin in the upstairs hallway, who encourages her to improve at sports. MD answers graciously, and returns the favor, encouraging Kags to study harder.

12 - Kags in the upstairs hallway.JPG

MD sees Gusto and Justine talking in the courtyard. He's really trying hard, and she hardly seems to try at all. MD wonders what it would be like to be so popular.

13 - Gusto and Justine in the Courtyard.JPG

Aaand at the front gate, Dei is smooching the bajeezus out of Film Fanatic. Ordinarily MD would put a stop to such liscentious behavior in school, but today something makes her stay removed. Maybe because it's her friend Dei, and she looks happy.

14 - This gets funnier every time I see it happen.JPG

Just as Dei and FF are getting their breath back and leaving, Terrik comes and asks MD what her opinion is on Bhamv Three. She doesn't know much about her. But then the same could be said about Terrik.

15 - Terrik inquires about Bhamv3.JPG

As he leaves, she spots Gusto and goes to talk to him. They talk about the baseball team, and MD asks how things are going with Justine. Gusto blushes mightily, but then Justine comes over and interrupts them.

16 - Justine Me interrupts Gusto and MD.JPG

Aaand then not a minute passes before a deeply bellowed "Huuuagh!" announces that Justine has ambushed Frank in another hug. That girl's trying to build a harem.

17 - Justine Me the Hug Hussy.JPG

The schoolbell rings, and Mind Detective is actually a bit relieved. These people are complicated. Schoolwork is easier. She does well as always.

As lunchtime comes, Frank uncharacteristically invites the entire class to the roof for lunch. It seems like half the class is going, so MD figures this to be a social event she probably shouldn't miss.

18 - Lunch.JPG

She eats lunch with Frank, Tin Whistler, Ashburner X, Justine Me, Dirona, Jay and a few others. The mood is light. Even Lana talks about schoolwork with MD. When Gusto arrives on the roof, MD flags him over to eat, too. He seems a little reluctant at first to join the crowd, but comes anyway.

Aaaand there's Dirona and Cheesy again. What a proper pair those two are, MD thinks. No inappropriate displays, just friendliness and respect, how the best relationships should be!

19 - MD and Gusto, Dirona and Cheesy.JPG

Gusto and MD continue talking in a friendly manner as they walk down from the roof, and pass by the school entrance. Suddenly there is shouting. Looking around, MD sees Film Fanatic... And Dirona! FIGHTING! What madness is this?!

20 - Dirona fights Film Fanatic.JPG

MD tries to shout for them to stop. She can't believe Dei's boyfriend would attack a girl! But as she gets closer, Film slumps to the ground in pain and Dirona cries out triumfantly. MD isn't sure what to make of that.. did Dirona actually start the fight??

21 - This is what happens when a tennis nerd fights a Kendoka twice his size.JPG

Dirona leaves, and Mind Detective helps Film Fanatic to his feet. It's clear his pride is wounded more than his body. She attempts to console him. It takes a little doing, but he finally comes around. When he thanks her, she tells him to be good to Dei, and that's all the thanks she needs.

22 - I'd be depressed too if a girl beat me up so bad.JPG

FF is feeling better, but MD has the shakes from this violent ordeal. She walks down by the river, and sees Dei there! Dei is longingly staring at the water. She says "It's SOOOOO hot.. I wish we could go swimming!" Her tongue hangs out like a puppy's. MD suggests maybe she should switch to the swimming club instead of kendo, but Dei just laughs at that.

23 - Dei describes the concept of 'Ahe Gao'.JPG

The hour is getting on, and the two have to run back to campus before they're late for class, which is a trick for Mind Detective (Seriously, she's slow as molasses running uphill).

Afternoon classes pass productively. When the final bell rings, Frank addresses the class, asking them to give a helping hand to Bones NoBeard.

It's time for baseball, so she and Gusto head down to the diamond to get some batting practice in.

24 - Baseball Practice just her and Gusto.JPG

As they practice, it's clear Gusto's not giving it his all. He looks depressed. Mind Detective doesn't know what happened, but speaks to him encouragingly.

25 - Gusto is depressed.JPG

When he does cheer up... it seems he is looking at her differently. She goes on to tell him that all these little trials and tribulations are just ways to build character. He agrees.

26 - Gusto blushes.JPG

After practice, Mind Detective has to go to the empty classroom to change because the girls don't have a locker room at the ballfield. That seems odd to her - shouldn't there be two locker rooms in any case, one for the visiting team and one for the home team?

As she's leaving, she cuts around behind the gym and finds Gusto there.

They talk for a bit, mostly about baseball again, but Gusto's acting funny. "Is something wrong?" she asks, "N.. no! I'm fine.. is.. it's just hot today, isn't it?" he says. She could swear she hears him mutter under his breath "..can't think such things.. I'm a gentleman. A gentleman!"

27 - I'm a gentleman I'm a gentleman I'm a gentleman dammit.JPG <---- Gentleman.

Mind Detective has seen how to handle this. All the other students, whenever somebody starts acting funny, they hug them. She decides to try it out. Gusto is very surprised.

28 - Gusto shocked to be hugged.JPG

Then he offers to walk her home, and she accepts.

END OF DAY 9

anything.JPG popularity.JPG sports.JPG study.JPG

Epilogue: It took the direct intervention of the hand of fate, but once MD got to socializing, her popularity shot up a great many notches. It should also be noted that, despite her teasing around, it looks like Justine has finally picked a lane and has confessed to Frank. Frank and Justine Me are now an official couple. This is probably what had Gusto so down in the dumps - he really was nursing a crush on Justine. It's almost admirable that he didn't immediately pounce on MD as a proxy when she was being nice to him (And yes, all that dialogue is pretty much based on exactly what the characters in game were saying). Mind Detective is now very close friends with Dei, and she and Gusto are also really becoming the best of friends, and possibly a little more, if things continue to develop. It remains to be seen if MD will continue being social without direct control - and another thing hampering her is her ULTRA SLOW MOVEMENT SPEED. Seriously, I think half the reason she doesn't socialize as much is because it takes her so long to get from one place to another, and if her target doesn't stand still she pretty much has no hope of catching them. Only Cheesy seems to move this slowly. Also, FF and Dei? RABBITS.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well well look who just became third wheel.
Oh, you're not letting the grass grow under your feet. You and Eve Stienman are really great friends now (she's a lesbian though so that's as far as you go), and you've got a huge crush on Bhamv. She's friendly toward you, but it's not love. Yet.

Of course, this could be very unhealthy for you.

Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding. AnimeFilm would probably not want to take too many more rounds there.

Also, wow to jumping up to first in Nymphomaniac. How the heck are AnimeDei and AnimeFilm finding time to study?

GasBandit

Staff member
WTH did FF do to piss me off?? Not cool cyber-D, not cool at all. Unless it was justified.
I have no idea. She's very quickly becoming not fond of Dei, either. Dei has no idea though. Maybe they're a constant reminder of what she's not getting.

Also, wow to jumping up to first in Nymphomaniac. How the heck are AnimeDei and AnimeFilm finding time to study?
Well, obviously Mind Detective is coaching Dei, and I suspect in turn Dei has some kind of ... academic achievement reward system for FF?

It remains to be seen if MD will continue being social without direct control - and another thing hampering her is her ULTRA SLOW MOVEMENT SPEED. Seriously, I think half the reason she doesn't socialize as much is because it takes her so long to get from one place to another, and if her target doesn't stand still she pretty much has no hope of catching them. Only Cheesy seems to move this slowly.
If you can modify settings mid-stream, maybe remove the out-of-shape trait?

Scratch that, I do have a comment. I'm dubbing Lana Karron with a new nickname... "The Hall Monitor."
There's irony here, somewhere...

Also, her not having many friends? Yeah, not too far from the reality of the times. Although she's much more outspoken than I ever was. *chuckles*

Oh, you're not letting the grass grow under your feet. You and Eve Stienman are really great friends now (she's a lesbian though so that's as far as you go), and you've got a huge crush on Bhamv. She's friendly toward you, but it's not love. Yet.

Of course, this could be very unhealthy for you.

A huge crush on Bhamv. What surprise! The dude who has an Asian fiance in real life falls for the chick who is an Asian in real life.

Yo dawg, I heard you like Asians in your Asians....

Must my life have no variety? Must I forever been smitten by these dark-haired, browned-eyed vixens? Or in Bhanv's case, green-haired? I guess there's nothing left to do but see if the carpet matches the drapes-and if it does, I don't know whether to be turned on or scared shitless.

GasBandit

Staff member
The next day will belong to @bhamv3, when I get around to it... but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to play her. How prominent is her evil on a scale of "Kind of a Jerk" to "Completely psychotic?"

GasBandit

Staff member
One of these days, somebody's going to find the jokes I've been hiding in some of the screenshot filenames, and then it'll be funny on even another level.

Oops, guess that cat's out of the bag.

One of these days, somebody's going to find the jokes I've been hiding in some of the screenshot filenames, and then it'll be funny on even another level.

Oops, guess that cat's out of the bag.
Ahegao...

I mean, what? No, I don't know what that means.