HalFitness

I've never run a 5k faster than 41 minutes, but I'm weak and hate running and always end up walking half of it.

I've never run a 5k faster than 41 minutes, but I'm weak and hate running and always end up walking half of it.
This is usually me, too. I hate running for running. I get distracted, forget to pace myself, etc.

I was shocked when I recently finished the Color Run in under 30 minutes. Baymax shirt was making look like a liar!

Emergency! EMERGENCY!

The scale said 221 lbs this morning. I gained a pound! I know what I must do: lose more hair! Time to lose the beard! Time to manscape!

Quick! How much for a full body wax!?
What's a good deal on full body laser hair removal!

Surely that much hair will drop me to 210!

Hey guys? In the event depression hits me hard again, I gain weight, lose hope, and think I can't get back in shape again?

Show me this and tell me "Yes you can, man."

June 24 Sweaty Treadmill.jpg

(Note: Ignore the machine's heart rate. I wasn't using it and I must've been holding onto the bar when taking the picture.)

I almost wonder if you can predict your own depressed episodes by graphing your BMI.

--Patrick
There is a high likelihood of direct correlation since depression makes me stop caring. When I gained even more weight last year, it's because I stopped caring and ate more than one big bowl of ice cream every day and ate a lot of bread products like bagels and copious amounts of Becel on everything. I just didn't care.

Decent bike ride on Sunday: ~72 miles. I could probably stretch that into a full century in the next week or so, though I suspect weather and schedule may get in the way.

How much time does that take? It's an hr in the car on the highway. 5 hrs?
It ended up being 6-7 hours on the bike plus another hour for rest stops. I had to be a little bit careful because of the weather (sunny, ~90°F, ~75% humidity). A big part of the rest stops was finding shade and making sure I was caught up on fluids. I ended up bringing a gallon jug of water with me and bought more water along the way.

You're getting to the point where hyponeutremia could come into play. Make sure on these long rides that you're taking in electrolytes with your water. Chances are good you're doing that, but just in case you aren't...

Sharing this, though with my privacy setting set to private, I don't know if it'll work. I tried posting it on Instagram, but it kept cropping part of the picture (basically cutting my head off).

Anyway, if it doesn't work, I'll switch the privacy settings to public at least long enough that you guys can see it.

Watched on facebook, looking good. You don't sound as Canadian as I thought you would though. Not that I've really ever thought about how you would sound, didn't really have an expectation, but that's just how it goes.

Watched on facebook, looking good. You don't sound as Canadian as I thought you would though. Not that I've really ever thought about how you would sound, didn't really have an expectation, but that's just how it goes.
Damn, I thought wearing my Canada Day bandana would bring out the accent.

I need to eat more poutines and donairs.

You can DO it!
Indeed I can, in 1 hr and 5 mins.
1km/30min, 1900m/1hr.
And boy am I done.

I think this 2km and hour (ish) thing is going to be my plateau for a while. The pool conditions today were about as close to perfect as they get - I never got stuck behind slow people, and the other folks in my lane were just a hair faster than me, which brings out my competitive streak, so there were very few pauses.

I remember a friend telling me about how he ate an entire bag of SweeTarts, and what an incredibly bad idea that turned out to be.

--Patrick
Yeah... generally speaking, unless the recommended serving size is "entire package", once you hit a certain age, eating an entire bag of anything can be an incredibly bad idea. Like the time in my early 20s when I ate that entire bag of candy corn, and now just thinking about the way it tastes makes the skin on the back of my neck crawl. Or the time I ate an entire bag of cherries (over a pound) and couldn't leave the bathroom for a day or two. Or the time I ate an entire bag of sugar free Lifesavers Wint O Green candies and had a really miserable night. See also - entire (1 lb) bag of Skittles, entire family sized bag of Peanut M&Ms, entire bag of marshmallows (chubby bunny comp at a church camp)... hell, even eating an entire (normal size) bag of chips is enough to kick my ass, and that's not even taking Takis into account.

Yeah... generally speaking, unless the recommended serving size is "entire package", once you hit a certain age, eating an entire bag of anything can be an incredibly bad idea. Like the time in my early 20s when I ate that entire bag of candy corn, and now just thinking about the way it tastes makes the skin on the back of my neck crawl. Or the time I ate an entire bag of cherries (over a pound) and couldn't leave the bathroom for a day or two. Or the time I ate an entire bag of sugar free Lifesavers Wint O Green candies and had a really miserable night. See also - entire (1 lb) bag of Skittles, entire family sized bag of Peanut M&Ms, entire bag of marshmallows (chubby bunny comp at a church camp)... hell, even eating an entire (normal size) bag of chips is enough to kick my ass, and that's not even taking Takis into account.
Someone keep him away from the Pocky!

--Patrick

I have control issues with salty snacks. I have eaten an entire bag of chips way, way too often - even as an adult. Mmmmm....salt and vinegar chips.....