[NCAAF] Goodbye Joe Pa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, he was just doing what he was supposed to do. See a 10yr old boy get assraped? Run it up the ladder. Calling the cops is for people who don't respect the ladder.

C

Chibibar

Dave, he was just doing what he was supposed to do. See a 10yr old boy get assraped? Run it up the ladder. Calling the cops is for people who don't respect the ladder.
but presented that way, Joe Pa didn't do anything different either and Joe Pa didn't even witness it (at all from what we understand) and he got fired :( I think at this point it is all about saving face. Consider the trustees/higher up (whoever) fired a big name, all media are on Riots and Joe Pa and not on the right people.

Damning of all is that both continued to work there. Both could have quit, either could have easily gotten another job.

Necronic

Staff member
I don't see why you would stop donating to the alumni association. Unless of course the athletic department is the only thing/main thing you care about. Considering it's Penn State I have a hard time believing that's the case. There is a hell of a lot to respect about that school.

I don't see why you would stop donating to the alumni association. Unless of course the athletic department is the only thing/main thing you care about. Considering it's Penn State I have a hard time believing that's the case. There is a hell of a lot to respect about that school.

I'm considering specifically allocating any possible future donation directly to the Penn State Milton Hershey hospital, since technically that's where I graduated from anyway. Otherwise, I'm more than content donating to my undergrad Alma mater.

I don't understand why the guy who witnessed the shower incident didn't
A: Beat the holy fuck out of him and
B: Report it immediately to the police.
He witnessed the damn thing. Why would you just mention it to Paterno then forget about it? That image would have haunted me.
It's a shame Joe's legacy will be tainted with this but I have no sympathy for anyone who knows this shit is going on and turns a blind eye.

Interesting article discussing why Joe Pa did not report the abuse to the cops. Doesn't make it OK and I agree with above that Sandusky should have been beaten within an inch of his life.

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/menshealth/why-joe-paterno-did-nothing

It starts with the obvious: “People don’t want to be pulled into conflicts with others,” says Roy Lubit, M.D., Ph.D., a forensic psychiatrist in New York who treats victims of sexual abuse. “They especially want to avoid potentially difficult situations in the future, like going to court. So they tell themselves it’s not their business, or they cannot be sure what is going on, or convince themselves that someone else will take care of it.”

This is a good article as to possible reasons that McQueary wasn't fired.
Link might help, but just wanted to say why should he be fired? The man saw what was happening first hand and was willing to join the hush up. Plus he did just enough to make it look like he did something about it. On top of that he's not nearly a big enough scapegoat.

C

Chibibar

Link might help, but just wanted to say why should he be fired? The man saw what was happening first hand and was willing to join the hush up. Plus he did just enough to make it look like he did something about it. On top of that he's not nearly a big enough scapegoat.
To me, he should be fired because he did exactly the same amount as Joe Pa did (reporting upward) but he should also be charge since he actually SAW the act and thus in worst shoes than Joe Pa (only got report but never witness it)

Necronic

Staff member
Yeah but he was in a pretty weird position when it happened, being a graduate student. In that position you can claim that there were fears of reprisal etc as you are pretty much the bottom of the totem pole, maybe an inch above the towel guy.

Now, when he became a full/assistant coach....I dunno, that's another matter.

C

Chibibar

Yeah but he was in a pretty weird position when it happened, being a graduate student. In that position you can claim that there were fears of reprisal etc as you are pretty much the bottom of the totem pole, maybe an inch above the towel guy.

Now, when he became a full/assistant coach....I dunno, that's another matter.
but then shouldn't he go straight to the police instead of reporting to the coach?

And Sandusky speaks:
"I am innocent of those charges," Sandusky said. "... I could say that I have done some of those things. I have horsed around with kids. I have showered after workouts. I have hugged them, and I have touched their legs without intent of sexual contact."
Asked whether he was sexually attracted to underage boys, he said "sexually attracted, no. I enjoy young people, I love to be around them, but, no, I'm not sexually attracted to young boys."

Asked if there was anything he had done wrong, Sandusky said, "I shouldn't have showered with those kids."

When pressed about how two people could claim to have witnessed Sandusky engaged in sexual contact with boys on two different occasions, Sandusky replied that "you'd have to ask" them.
Who the hell thought this interview was a good idea??? Is his lawyer nuts?

Dave

Staff member
This is the same argument Michael Jackson used and he was acquitted. Of course, he had a lot of money to pay off the parents...

And Sandusky speaks:
Who the hell thought this interview was a good idea??? Is his lawyer nuts?
That's exactly what I thought. When asked if he was sexually attracted to boys he paused for several seconds. What the hell you got to pause for? That's a question you shouldn't have to think about. Thank god he did this interview, though. Sounds like this guy won't be walking free.

C

Chibibar

Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law...
Yup. That interview is going to be part of the evidence. I guess he never watch those Cop shows :) guilty or not, keep your mouth shut cause more than likely you are hurting yourself more than helping (even if you are innocent - that is not toward Sandusky, that is just general advice) Have a lawyer handy and let him/her do all the talking.

This might be a bit of old news, but I just read about it: the judge who put Sandusky on unsecured bail (i.e. he pays nothing unless he skips out on court) just happens to be a volunteer at Second Mile, and has received campaign funds from Second Mile board members. Smells bad, man.

C

Chibibar

This might be a bit of old news, but I just read about it: the judge who put Sandusky on unsecured bail (i.e. he pays nothing unless he skips out on court) just happens to be a volunteer at Second Mile, and has received campaign funds from Second Mile board members. Smells bad, man.
Is that the new judge or the previous judge? There is a new judge on the trial now.

Zappit

Staff member
I swear, if I ever see some freak doing that to a child, that bastard's gonna hobble out of there one nut-sack lighter. Hell, he'll RUN to the cops himself. That should be the natural reaction of any real decent person.

They knew. They turned their heads and let it continue. Fuck 'em all.

Status
Not open for further replies.