[NCAAF] Goodbye Joe Pa

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does explain why he transferred ownership of his home over to his wife. He probably knew about the possibility of his medical issues.

The callous among us might believe it's an attempt to prevent him from being prosecuted for anything related to the scandal. However, part of me wonders if he would have announced this at season's end, anyways.

By the way, the NCAA is now comin' a-calling. And they're using the dreaded "lack of institutional control" terminology.

Zappit

Staff member
Warning: Zap's hideously inappropriate comment of the day because he has no sympathy for a person mostly ignoring a serial child-rapist when he had the power to stop it.

Head in the sand and now one foot in the grave.

Premature tweet from the PSU student newspaper reported that JoePa had died; CBS Sports ran with it until Paterno family tweeted "no, he's not dead".

End does appear to be in sight for him, however.

I'd argue it's even worse to whitewash it and act like it never happened, which is what 90% of the major media seems to be doing in the wake of JoePa's death and legacy.

ElJuski

Staff member
well at least that's what I remember. I don't know how it really is, so I may be talking outta my ass

And now there are some calls from those in the sports world that, perhaps, PSU Football should get the Death Penalty.

Intriguing that Mathias left in the waning days of this trial. You don't suppose he was part of the Penn State athletic department?

Status
Not open for further replies.