Good Cosplay Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The girl's costume is awesome. Kommisar mutton-chops, not so much.
That got covered on /tg/ when those pics came out - the general consensus being that so many characters in the 40k universe are based on ideal body-types (esp. Space Marines and Catachans... I mean, JESUS, yo - I think I know one guy who MIGHT be able to pull off an Astartes, tho.) that don't tend to be possessed by its fans (either too large or too small). The young lady in the Sororitas outfit, however, makes it work VERY well.

Worth noting that Mutton-chops made all the costumes in that group. They also had an inquisitor with them, whose costume worked well too.

figmentPez

Staff member
The way the new forums handle image resizing breaks all of my picture links. I guess I'll start putting links in text again. If you really want the source of something I've already posted, quote the post and you can find the links in the code.

Dave

Staff member
The way the new forums handle image resizing breaks all of my picture links. I guess I'll start putting links in text again. If you really want the source of something I've already posted, quote the post and you can find the links in the code.
Give me an example post. I see them all just fine on previous pages.

figmentPez

Staff member
Give me an example post. I see them all just fine on previous pages.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm not talking about the embedded images, I'm talking about the links back to the image source. I had been putting the links on the pictures themselves (i.e. [ URL="Flickr Link" ]
[ /URL ]). Now the image resizing takes over as the link for the pic.

So, the pictures show up, but they only link to the picture, not to the Flickr page, or other source, that they came from. I'll just start putting the links in the text descriptions, as I had been doing at the start of the thread.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, we're not all that happy with the image resizer. But the alternative is flipping HUGE pictures!

Waiting for a fix on this addon.

J

JCM

Terrible costume, needs fangs and talon like fingernails :p
I have some of both on order for when I actually wear this on the convention floor.[/QUOTE]Dont worry, it good to see a woman in a Vampirella costume that actually has the hips to make it look good

Last vampirella cosplayer I saw was an undernourished skinny teen that made me feel like buying her a sandwich.

After seeing that second picture the physical therapist in me mourns for what her knees are going to do to her later in life :(

After seeing that second picture the physical therapist in me mourns for what her knees are going to do to her later in life :(
Im curious, does that leg pose actually pose any dangers in the future?[/QUOTE]

Her knees become "knock kneed" when she stands to an excessive amount. This could be a result of any one of several or even many factors combined. She also appears to be hyperextending her right knee. Considering that my guess is that she has some significant joint laxity in that the supporting structures around the joint are not taut enough to support the knee. That lack of support means that the joint surfaces of the upper and lower leg will be grinding against each other pretty severely ultimately leading to osteoarthritis in the joint. Knee replacement (the most painful surgery in medicine) will be all but inevitable.

The joint laxity also present a problem later in life. As we age most of us don't keep up activity as much as we should and are capable of doing. As it is musculature is her primary support for her knee. Now, muscles can do that job just fine, but it takes being in absolute peak muscular condition to negate the need for ligament support. I knew a professional soccer player who blew out his ACL 10 years before the end of his career and just never got it fixed because his hamstrings were so strong they could handle the job of the ACL. Anyway, sorry, I got off track. As she ages and muscles atrophy her knee will have no real support of any kind increasing her chances of falling, which increases the chance for fracture. In women it's usually a hip fracture after a fall, which very usually ends in the need for a hip replacement as well.

Wow, sorry for the novel there...I get excited about my career :p

J

JCM

Im curious, does that leg pose actually pose any dangers in the future?[/QUOTE]

Her knees become "knock kneed" when she stands to an excessive amount. This could be a result of any one of several or even many factors combined. She also appears to be hyperextending her right knee. Considering that my guess is that she has some significant joint laxity in that the supporting structures around the joint are not taut enough to support the knee. That lack of support means that the joint surfaces of the upper and lower leg will be grinding against each other pretty severely ultimately leading to osteoarthritis in the joint. Knee replacement (the most painful surgery in medicine) will be all but inevitable.

The joint laxity also present a problem later in life. As we age most of us don't keep up activity as much as we should and are capable of doing. As it is musculature is her primary support for her knee. Now, muscles can do that job just fine, but it takes being in absolute peak muscular condition to negate the need for ligament support. I knew a professional soccer player who blew out his ACL 10 years before the end of his career and just never got it fixed because his hamstrings were so strong they could handle the job of the ACL. Anyway, sorry, I got off track. As she ages and muscles atrophy her knee will have no real support of any kind increasing her chances of falling, which increases the chance for fracture. In women it's usually a hip fracture after a fall, which very usually ends in the need for a hip replacement as well.

Wow, sorry for the novel there...I get excited about my career :p[/QUOTE]Ouch.... I've always been hyperextending both knees (I take it thats when the leg bends backwards, not forward), since I was a kid.

*scared*

P

Panda

I'm trying desperately not to vitriolic and palpably sarcastic here but you'll have to forgive me if I'm not quacking in my boots over the notion that posing for a couple pictures is going to cause me to need knee surgery.

Everyone is in danger of getting arthritis in their knees, all women and a large percentage of men are in danger of getting osteoporosis and needing knee replacement surgery.

Its called old age.

Little secret? It happens to everyone and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it so you may as well just enjoy life, rather than being fearful of what might happen IF you do this or that.

Focusing on good nutrition and exercise is going to do bucket loads more to stave off any kind of physical ailment that remembering not to hyperextend your knees, JCM, take what Dr. Doom and Gloom up there is saying with a a healthy pinch of salt. Drink your milk, get your calcium, don't get knee caped by a street thug and you'll be just fine ^_^.

P

Panda

I don't think he's attacking me ^_^.

I just don't agree with the way the post is presented as if posing in the manner I am is the sole thing contributing to the deterioration of ones knees and that, as such, posing in such a way is a terrible, bad, horrible thing and we should all cease doing it immediately and anyone who had been doing it must now live in fear of knee surgery.

I only wish to point out that there are many, many, many things out there far worse for ones knees than strapping on a pair of heels and prancing about in ones all-togethers for a couple hours.

C

Chazwozel

I just don't agree with the way the post is presented as if posing in the manner I am is the sole thing contributing to the deterioration of ones knees and that, as such, posing in such a way is a terrible, bad, horrible thing and we should all cease doing it immediately and anyone who had been doing it must now live in fear of knee surgery.

I only wish to point out that there are many, many, many things out there far worse for ones knees than strapping on a pair of heels and prancing about in ones all-togethers for a couple hours.
Scantly clad woman in skimpy outfit, and they fucking look at how she bends her knees. No wonder so many people on this board are virgins.

Scantly clad woman in skimpy outfit, and they fucking look at how she bends her knees. No wonder so many people on this board are virgins.[/QUOTE]
Oh god, not [lightning crash]VIRGINS! [/lightning crash]

I know! It's eerie! Sorry to disappoint you though!

But once they started complaining about the knees, it was only a matter of time...

Scantly clad woman in skimpy outfit, and they fucking look at how she bends her knees. No wonder so many people on this board are virgins.[/QUOTE]

FAIL! This was the right response:

View attachment 219

Better version:
View attachment 220

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.