General Empyrion Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
Does the patch mean POI resets will work, too? Or is it asteroid-specific?

—Patrick
I think it is asteroid specific, and even then, unreliable. I haven't tested it yet to see if it is actually working again.

I HAVE tested that EAH global POI resets are not working, either, because apparently due to DST, a POI must now be "loaded" to be regenerated, even by EAH.

So, I can't even set a timetable POI reset to address that problem.

I take it they’re not “pending” regens?
I don’t know how Empyrion stores geographic data, so no idea if there’s any “at chunk load” hook to use, though if they’re saying base procs are supposed to be calculated when you return, then there would HAVE to be.

Yes, I know, probably not something EAH could handle, but you’d think the coding guys would think of something like this if they’d ever even seen anyone play Minecraft before.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I take it they’re not “pending” regens?
They were, previously, but that was back when the entire playfield was being loaded at once. Now, with DST, when the pending regen takes effect, apparently it looks and sees no POIs loaded to regen...

They were, previously, but that was back when the entire playfield was being loaded at once. Now, with DST, when the pending regen takes effect, apparently it looks and sees no POIs loaded to regen...
Right, I meant that the “pending” flag would need to be attached to the chunk, not the entire playfield. That way, there would at least be a hook for “on approach.”

—Patrick

Ha! I was going to suggest that if everything just had to load to regen, that some script could be written to make the admin just auto-tp to each POI for a few seconds to force it to load. Looks like they beat me to it!

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Ha! I was going to suggest that if everything just had to load to regen, that some script could be written to make the admin just auto-tp to each POI for a few seconds to force it to load. Looks like they beat me to it!

—Patrick
I'm glad it only has to be done once, though. Even with an auto script, this is gonna be way too time consuming to even be doing once a day as a routine. There are a LOT of POIs to visit.

Dave

Staff member
Just so I know for future reference, what was Bear's idea that let you get Game Capture working? A lot of people have had problems getting game capture to work on windows 10, and so far the conventional wisdom on the subject is just "uninstall it and reinstall it and repeat until it magically starts working."
He told me to make the game windowed instead of full screen. So I redid the source. Maybe it was just a coincidence that it worked at that time, but what a coincidence.

GasBandit

Staff member
He told me to make the game windowed instead of full screen. So I redid the source. Maybe it was just a coincidence that it worked at that time, but what a coincidence.
Hrm, well, good thing you have a 1080, as going windowed mode usually entails a sizeable performance hit. But if anything can shrug that off, the 1080 can...

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, crossing my fingers that this will do the trick...

Update: July 27, 2018 - Alpha 8.2.3 Build 1792

Bug Fixes:
- Improved fix for "Asteroid regen no longer working for 8.0 saves in MP"

Yep logged in to find the update and was worried you wouldn't update in time. But no, here it is.

EDIT: Whoops, guess I tried logging in while you were rebooting the server, again.

--Patrick

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Yep logged in to find the update and was worried you wouldn't update in time. But no, here it is.

EDIT: Whoops, guess I tried logging in while you were rebooting the server, again.

--Patrick
It was another server-side-only update anyway, didn't increment version number, so wouldn't have prevented connection.

Dave

Staff member
I voted yesterday but haven't been able to today. I make it to Steam and have to put in the 2FA code, then it kicks me back out without actually logging in. Now when I try it wants me to put in a CAPTCHA code as well as it thinks I'm trying to break in. Not sure what's happening, but I'll try later when I get home.

I voted yesterday but haven't been able to today. I make it to Steam and have to put in the 2FA code, then it kicks me back out without actually logging in. Now when I try it wants me to put in a CAPTCHA code as well as it thinks I'm trying to break in. Not sure what's happening, but I'll try later when I get home.
I had a few days where it absolutely refused to accept that my password was actually my password - but it was still working on the Steam app, so I just figured with the new Friends and Chat interface, something was taking too long and the verification was timing out. Seems fine now though.

Now when I try it wants me to put in a CAPTCHA code as well as it thinks I'm trying to break in. Not sure what's happening, but I'll try later when I get home.
This will happen if you clear all your cookies and stuff, too.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Still won't let me even though I've cleared everything. Oh well. Help me remember to try once I get home at about 4 CT.

GasBandit

Staff member
I had to pay out 240,000 credits in bounties today.

Dimento earned 10k for shooting down Dave yesterday.

Veilith and Sanchobob attacked and destroyed two RDR bases, an SV, and two tanks on Akua Moon today.

I wonder if DSL is interacting with OP in such a way that logging on every 48hrs isn’t enough, and that you also have to visit each of the playfields at least once every 48 hrs (so that your OP will actually load and therefore “refresh”).

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I wonder if DSL is interacting with OP in such a way that logging on every 48hrs isn’t enough, and that you also have to visit each of the playfields at least once every 48 hrs (so that your OP will actually load and therefore “refresh”).

—Patrick
I don't know.. did those moonbases even *have* OP devices installed?

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, testing of other OP-enabled structures has shown OP is still working, so that alleviates ONE source of silent dread I was experiencing.

GasBandit

Staff member
Veilith told me something astonishing this morning. Apparently, OP also deactivates on Faction-owned structures if anyone you are in an alliance with comes online. Not just faction. He says he's already scouted "a bunch of RDR stuff with OP off."

Between Gared and Shadows, you can practically count on that stuff being unprotected 24/7. Might be time to rethink your alliance structure.

Veilith told me something astonishing this morning. Apparently, OP also deactivates on Faction-owned structures if anyone you are in an alliance with comes online. Not just faction. He says he's already scouted "a bunch of RDR stuff with OP off."

Between Gared and Shadows, you can practically count on that stuff being unprotected 24/7. Might be time to rethink your alliance structure.
Yeah - this is the worst idea possible. Anyhoo - I said it in global so it's on the discord log, but I figured I'd post it here as well. All truces will be maintained, but OMB is dropping all alliances.

GasBandit

Staff member
Veilith found "Vixen's Lava Chalet" on Viranchi out of power, and destroyed it. That's another 100k bounty.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, I've figured out how to get the game to alert players to when their bases/ships are under attack. That should happen automatically from now on.