Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Utah teen athlete faces threats after state official posted photos questioning her gender

The girl is now under police protection (which brings even more safety concerns) at school.

The school board member who questioned the teen's gender has since recanted her accusations, but claims it is "normal to pause and wonder if people are what they say they are". Oh, well I guess we need to wonder what the school board member is hiding. What false claims is she making?

She also has a history of being an asshat. She's been repremanded for inciting hate speech because she told her followers "time to get our muskets" in response to the display of a pride flag at a church. She has also accused schools of supporting child sex trafficking, and has questioned the gender of school board staff members.
Someone check this bitch's computer. Every accusation is a confession.

figmentPez

Staff member
There was a shooting at Joel Osteen's Lakewood church in Houston yesterday. One of those shot was a 5 year-old child (though it's unclear who fired the bullet that hit him, the off-duty police officers, or someone else.)

Right now conservatives are frothing at the mouth because police are claiming the dead suspect had "Free Palestine" written on their gun, and unconfirmed reports are saying that the suspect was trans. Though they're saying both that it was a transwoman, and a transman. The police are saying it was a woman who had the rifle and was killed by security, but it's unclear what name they were known by, or if police have accurately identified their gender.

There's also claims that the dead suspect was spraying some substance, and may have claimed to have a bomb, but I don't trust cops to not lie about stuff like that. In fact, I have yet to hear any evidence that cops didn't open fire on a brown person and then plant a gun on them after realizing they shot a child as well.

Last edited:
There was a shooting at Joel Osteen's Lakewood church in Houston yesterday. One of those shot was a 5 year-old child (though it's unclear who fired the bullet that hit him, the off-duty police officers, or someone else.)

Right now conservatives are frothing at the mouth because police are claiming the dead suspect had "Free Palestine" written on their gun, and unconfirmed reports are saying that the suspect was trans. Though they're saying both that it was a transwoman, an a transman. The police are saying it was a woman who had the rifle and was killed by security, but it's unclear what name they were known by, or if police have accurately identified their gender.

There's also claims that the dead suspect was spraying some substance, and may have claimed to have a bomb, but I don't trust cops to not lie about stuff like that. In fact, I have yet to hear any evidence that cops didn't open fire on a brown person and then plant a gun on them after realizing they shot a child as well.
Not to make light of this, but everything being "reported" sound like a Fox News Madlib.

Dave

Staff member
The shooter was the biological mother of the person shot. So it’s all a lie to stoke right wing fear of the left wing. Of course.

Right now conservatives are frothing at the mouth because police are claiming the dead suspect had "Free Palestine" written on their gun, and unconfirmed reports are saying that the suspect was trans. Though they're saying both that it was a transwoman, and a transman. The police are saying it was a woman who had the rifle and was killed by security, but it's unclear what name they were known by, or if police have accurately identified their gender.

From what I understand in another article, the shooter had a history of mental health issues, and would use both male and female aliases on social media. She was shot by two off-duty 5-year-serving policemen, and it's somewhat implied they may have been the ones to shoot the kid. (Most likely the poor kid was caught in crossfire.) She is also in a bitter custody battle with her ex, who's family members are Jewish, which they think may have had something to do with the Palestine sticker on the gun.

So, of course conservatives want to get ahead of the story and obscure the facts, because once again, someone who shouldn't have access to guns was able to get one, and open fire in a church, of all places. Once again proving that current gun laws won't protect "the right people", no matter how much they try to lie about it.

Lindsey Graham (R-SC), in response to tech companies complaining that weakening encryption would lead to what are effectively warrantless searches and interception by bad actors "It ain't complicated for me. You [tech companies] are going to find a way to do this, or we're going to do it for you."
I've quoted this before, but I'm quoting it again because:
Yes PLEASE make this happen on the level of an entire continent so that Lindsey Graham's face will turn vuckin' vermilion and a vein explodes right next to his right eyebrow.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member

A white woman in Spokane has been pretending to be black for years, according to her parents, and she is now also under investigation for violating the city’s code of ethics.

Rachel Dolezal listed herself as African-American on an application for chair of a police oversight commission, to which she was eventually appointed by the city’s mayor.

She is also the president of the local NAACP chapter, an adjunct faculty member at Eastern Washington University in the Africana studies department and she has portrayed herself as an African-American on numerous other occasions.

But as it turns out, she is not black, and her white parents from Montana want her to stop lying to everyone.

“Rachel has wanted to be somebody she’s not. She’s chosen not to just be herself but to represent herself as an African American woman or a biracial person. And that’s simply not true,” her mom Ruthanne Dolezal told KREM 2 News.
They say her background is both German and Czech.

Dolezal's parents, who live in Troy, MT, say Rachel has been deceiving people. They want people to know the truth. pic.twitter.com/sS3aiUwD0H
— Taylor Viydo (@KREMTaylor) June 11, 2015

City officials have announced that they are looking into the matter of the application.
“We are committed to independent citizen oversight and take very seriously the concerns raised regarding the chair of the independent citizen police ombudsman commission,” said Mayor David Condon in a statement. “We are gathering facts to determine if any city policies related to volunteer boards and commissions have been violated. That information will be reviewed by the City Council, which has oversight of city boards and commissions.”

Dolezal was recently interviewed by a reporter with KXLY, who asked her if a picture of a black man she claims to be her father is actually her dad.

He also asks her straight up if she is an African-American, to which she just sort of walks away.

“I don’t understand the question,” Dolezal answered. “I did tell you that yes that’s my dad.”

"Our daughter is Caucasian" say parents of Spokane NAACP President Rachel Dolezal. pic.twitter.com/6VHxm9v4Wt
— Taylor Viydo (@KREMTaylor) June 11, 2015

The post Controversy of the Day: White NAACP President in Washington Accused of Pretending to Be Black appeared first on The Daily What.
Tucson teacher loses her job over OnlyFans account

"Rachel Dolezal, who now goes by Nkechi Diallo, lost her job with the Catalina Foothills School District."

Yes, it's the same woman. She lost her job because she was running an OnlyFans with nude content while also working as an after school instructor.

GasBandit

Staff member
My girlfriend's 23 year old works for Nabisco as a mixer.

His N95 tore while he was at work last week.

He wasn't wearing it for covid/pathogens, it was to protect him from the chemicals he was ordered to mix into the cookie dough.

The fumes from the chemicals made him pass out. Fortunately another worker saw and pulled him to safety. But he was in the hospital for a bit, coughing up blood and having about 40% lung capacity.

Nabisco refuses to tell him or his doctors exactly what the chemicals were, so that they could treat it more effectively.

The union is starting to build a case.

Yeeaah all the stories I've been hearing from him have basically put me off all nabisco products.

Dave

Staff member
He’s a tech at a facility and he doesn’t know what chemicals he’s working with?!? That’s insanity.

GasBandit

Staff member
He’s a tech at a facility and he doesn’t know what chemicals he’s working with?!? That’s insanity.
No, he's not a tech, he's a mixer. Like... cookie dough. And they don't allow him to know the ingredients. He's instructed to put in so much of whatever he finds in a container with a certain code on it at a certain time. It's barely above "ditch digger" as far as job prestige goes.

Though, sometimes he is able to figure it out.

Your favorite cookies and crackers have more ammonia in them than you might think.

Dave

Staff member
No, he's not a tech, he's a mixer. Like... cookie dough. And they don't allow him to know the ingredients. He's instructed to put in so much of whatever he finds in a container with a certain code on it at a certain time. It's barely above "ditch digger" as far as job prestige goes.

Though, sometimes he is able to figure it out.

Your favorite cookies and crackers have more ammonia in them than you might think.
Ammonia is used to control pH and isn't as dangerous to your health (in food) as you think.

My girlfriend's 23 year old works for Nabisco as a mixer.

His N95 tore while he was at work last week.

He wasn't wearing it for covid/pathogens, it was to protect him from the chemicals he was ordered to mix into the cookie dough.

The fumes from the chemicals made him pass out. Fortunately another worker saw and pulled him to safety. But he was in the hospital for a bit, coughing up blood and having about 40% lung capacity.

Nabisco refuses to tell him or his doctors exactly what the chemicals were, so that they could treat it more effectively.

The union is starting to build a case.

Yeeaah all the stories I've been hearing from him have basically put me off all nabisco products.
N95 are not for chemicals, you need a respirator. I used to be in charge of the respirator program at a former job, it proved to be more cost effective to change the chemical we were protecting against than continue the program.

And it's the law to reveal what chemicals were used for treatment. The opposition can only be incompetence or the company is using chemicals they are using illegally.

Hope he is feeling better soon.

Right, N95 is for particulate matter. It protects against dust, not vapor. Even aerosolized salt can be hazardous if you sprinkle it throughout all your alveoli.

--Patrick

John Oliver just
promised to play Clarence Thomas $1 million/ year plus a new $2.4 million motor coach if he leaves the Supreme Court in the next 30 days.

Not very likely to work. But if it did...