Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Are we all just going to ignore that Dan Crenshaw looks like a Bond villain?

And while I don't like the guy, I don't believe he is being interpreted correctly. He's saying that universal background checks would mean he can't lend someone a handgun, because he would be required to do a background check first, not that he thinks they would fail it. I don't specifically know if universal background checks would actually require that because I have not looked into it, but that's what Dr Gun here is saying

Yeah, this. If he has reason to believe these people wouldn't pass a background check, he has reason to believe they'd misuse the weapon.
Oh, I read that differently. I took it as him saying if we required universal background checks to everyone before transferring possession, he wouldn't be able to loan it out to anyone because it would be a costly and time-consuming process, regardless of the person's record.

EDIT: What @Ravenpoe said.

Are we all just going to ignore that Dan Crenshaw looks like a Bond villain?

And while I don't like the guy, I don't believe he is being interpreted correctly. He's saying that universal background checks would mean he can't lend someone a handgun, because he would be required to do a background check first, not that he thinks they would fail it. I don't specifically know if universal background checks would actually require that because I have not looked into it, but that's what Dr Gun here is saying
This one bugs me a lot, because it's not that hard a read. I mean, I'm all for gun control (although I've given up arguing with gun nuts on the internet), but this one was a stretch, and the constant outrage over everything on both sides is just so goddamned exhausting.

Actually, yes it is. I don't really know why you two think this is a crime.
Must be a MI thing. MI law states that if you possess are in possession of a handgun, you must also be the registered owner of that handgun.
Note I'm not saying "firearm," I'm saying "handgun."

--Patrick

Last edited:
Must be a MI thing. MI law states that if you possess a handgun, you must also be the registered owner of that handgun.
Note I'm not saying "firearm," I'm saying "handgun."

--Patrick
Well, it does certainly vary from state to state. I didn't look up Michigan law, only Texas law.

Yeah, she utterly dunked on him and she's really just echoing our point: if your friends couldn't pass a background check, why would you give them a gun? If the answer is to protect themselves, the question becomes "From whom and why can't you get a gun yourself? Why do you need a gun NOW?" Fuck... if you're asking someone for a gun for protection, why don't you just stay with them for a bit and let them use the gun if it comes to it? The whole thing is suspicious as hell.

Seriously... most mass shootings (so 4 or more people)? Family murder-suicides, by far. Someone (usually a white guy 18-35) feels like their honor or pride has been infringed and proceeds to knock off the people who they feel don't respect them, before turning the weapon on themselves. Most violent homicides involving a gun? Someone harming a loved one or someone they know. How many of these were enabled by someone lending out a gun?

I've been trying to think of some sort of semi-appropriate joke about being allowed to "hit it" at 18 y/o, but haven't quite managed to formulate it correctly.

So a tariff that's not technically a tariff on top of the tariffs that are actual tariffs.
Just another way to "encourage" consumers and companies towards good ol' American products and services, b(u)y jingo.

--Patrick

You ain't the only one.
So many things shouldn't be privatized. The thought of privatizing *profit* THEM should be anathema to any reasonable being with a soul. And when you look at the shitshows that Privatization has produced, and some folks keep pushing for it, they really don't have one * a soul*.

So many things shouldn't be privatized. The thought of privatizing *profit* THEM should be anathema to any reasonable being with a soul. And when you look at the shitshows that Privatization has produced, and some folks keep pushing for it, they really don't have one * a soul*.
Just a reminder, this happened.

tl;dr: judges in PA literally sold kids to a private prison.

Well in Israel its more him just saying he can still wrangle up a coalition to keep his spot, so the votes don't technically mean he's out. It doesn't look like he'll actually be able to though.

I mean, didn't he already do that when he won in 2016, claiming that quadrillions of rapists and bad hombres voted for Hillary.

I mean, didn't he already do that when he won in 2016, claiming that quadrillions of rapists and bad hombres voted for Hillary.
He's still not over it. That one withered cell he calls a brain can't handle the fact that anyone would vote for someone else.