Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Ah yes, because most friendships involve one friend paying for trips for the other...
I, for one, have nothing in common with the ultra rich. I could not tell you what the man does as a course of habit. I'm not denying the possibility you imply, just the only thing I'm certain about is that a supreme court justice did not follow the rules.

People act as if intent is some naked expression painted on everyone's faces when intent is one of the hardest things to prove and we are generally bad at reading people but constantly try to do so anyways.

On top of all that, the justices are pretty much immune to the court of public opinion. Unless conservatives are outraged by this, and not celebrating it, nothing is going to happen.

GasBandit

Staff member
I’m not saying this is bad, but I’m wondering why.
I am surprised at the margin. Texas is very purple, but this was 86-52. That's nuts. Maybe since it's the House, the more populated areas of Texas (which tend to be blue) have larger representation.

Look, don't we all have a nazi and a pimp in our inner circle? That's just standard in a group of friends, isn't it?
I think we can all agree that the only problem is that the Supreme Court judge didn’t divulge him partying with the nazi and his kidnapper brother is that the paper work wasn’t done.

figmentPez

Staff member
Manhattan DA Bragg sues GOP House Judiciary chairman Jim Jordan to prevent interference in Trump case

"Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg is suing House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan, an Ohio Republican, over what the lawsuit describes as a 'transparent campaign to intimidate and attack' the district attorney and interfere in his office’s case against former President Donald Trump.

"Bragg is seeking to block a subpoena for testimony from Mark Pomerantz, a former senior prosecutor in his office, as well as other demands for 'confidential documents and testimony from the district attorney himself as well as his current and former employees and officials.' "

The only thing the GOP accomplished was putting those two guys on the map. Now the whole nation knows about them.

I predict they'll go on to bigger and brighter things in the future. Justin Pearson, especially, will be someone to keep an eye on.

I heard something in the news (it was on the radio) that a kid got a perfect score on an essay after he used ChatGPT to write it. He should apply for the Huckabee job.
I used it to write a marketing style bio for myself, since I suck at those things, and it did a pretty amazing job

It 1 of the things that i always found too unrealistic about Cyberpunk...

No matter how influential a merchant becomes, why would the people with the professional armed forces ever give up power? No money to pay troops you say? Well, just use the troops to take it from the merchants.

Warlords >>> Corpos

GasBandit

Staff member
Maybe you saw, maybe you didn't, but the founder of CashApp got stabbed to death on the street in San Francisco recently.

It touched off a whole political furor about SF's countenance of the homeless and the crime problems that come from it.

Well, turns out, it wasn't a random homeless mugging... another tech company exec/founder has been arrested for the murder.