Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

It's cool though, he's in the only job where you can lie your ass off as much as you want to get hired and face no real consequences, you know the job where you determine the laws for millions of people.

GasBandit

Staff member
Sign this document swearing to oppose LGBTQ rights, or get kicked out of the church.
There's no hate like christian love.

an "angry" emoji doesn't quite cut it here.

A long string of cursing accompanied by unbridled rage, on the other hand, is a good start.

GasBandit

Staff member
Unrelated

My grandfather e-mailed me a link to a Tucker Carlson Fox bit claiming that the deep state is going to replace Joe Biden with Michelle Obama in 2024, and challenged me to point out where he's lying.

I told him it is not up to me to show where the lie is, it is up to him to show me - through non-Fox originated corroboration - which claims are verifiably true, and not to bother sending me any links to Fox pundits because I won't watch them, as it has been shown in studies that watching Fox actually makes you less well informed than having no news source at all.

"So you don't have any proof he's lying?"

I give up trying.

Unrelated

My grandfather e-mailed me a link to a Tucker Carlson Fox bit claiming that the deep state is going to replace Joe Biden with Michelle Obama in 2024, and challenged me to point out where he's lying.

I told him it is not up to me to show where the lie is, it is up to him to show me - through non-Fox originated corroboration - which claims are verifiably true, and not to bother sending me any links to Fox pundits because I won't watch them, as it has been shown in studies that watching Fox actually makes you less well informed than having no news source at all.

I give up trying.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yep. I have already linked this to him in the past, but he keeps watching him. He's full on drunk the kool-aid and is brainwashed into the cult.

"Yeah yeah but where's your proof he's lying about THIS?"
"Where's your proof he's telling the truth? He no longer gets the benefit of the doubt."
"Whatever!"

Unrelated

I give up trying.
I fail to actually see any Deep State conspiracy. If DeSantis gets nominated in 2024, is that because the Deep State has finally been able to push Trump out?
Michelle Obama wouldn't be my personal choice, perhaps, but the Dems could do worse as 2024 nominee.

Possibly. Maybe more like “This is what happens when progressive values are followed while ignoring practical and logistical problems.”

Because, as the author points out, the former SF DA had some good ideas. Getting rid of cash bail, for example. But he didn’t really address other problems that came up, like the dramatic rise in property crimes. He needed a more balanced approach.
Lol. Lmao.

Lol. Lmao.

It doesn’t change what I said. It just means the people who followed him made the same mistakes. SF is having a huge problem with property crime, and no one is doing a thing about it. And I don’t think a draconian Judge Dredd-type response would work either; the city’s leadership needs to address the grotesque wealth inequality if they want to see crime go down.

...If the Strategic Oil Reserve isn't supposed to be used during a crisis and a proxy war with one of the world's biggest oil prodcuers, when exactly should it be used? Temporarily 3 months before an election to artifically lower consumer gas prices?

It doesn’t change what I said. It just means the people who followed him made the same mistakes. SF is having a huge problem with property crime, and no one is doing a thing about it. And I don’t think a draconian Judge Dredd-type response would work either; the city’s leadership needs to address the grotesque wealth inequality if they want to see crime go down.
Which is something well outside of the prosecutor's ability to influence. Unless you have some Rube Goldberg esque reasons for why cash bail results in less wealth inequality.

Dave

Staff member
Apparently a disaster is going on in Ohio and nobody is talking about it?
Train derailment with some really nasty chemicals on board that essentially cleared out an entire town. And no, nobody is really talking about it. Probably because the only reporter at a PRESS CONFERENCE was arrested and hauled away.

Train derailment with some really nasty chemicals on board that essentially cleared out an entire town. And no, nobody is really talking about it. Probably because the only reporter at a PRESS CONFERENCE was arrested and hauled away.
Asked the wrong (or right) questions.

I thought that was a few days ago? They've been reporting about it on the news around here. How they had to evacuate people in the area and the PA border.

Huh. That's odd. I know they covered it on ABC World New Tonight the day it happened. That's how I caught it. I believe they mentioned it on our local news as well that night.

It’s all good though right? The $5 billion company offered the entire town $25,000? Not per person just $25,000 for the entire town. Will probably make up for burning a chemical that when burned will produce hydrochloride acid and a WWI chemical weapon.

I've seen two reports.
One was about how all the fish died but it was okay because they were just fish.
The other was about how a person's rescue fox got sick and died in their arms from the fumes.
I stopped reading after that.

--Patrick