Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

And now people can vote with their wallets, so the union will have a much better measurement as to how well they are serving their members.
Same thing still applies... they'll have a better way to measure how much they care.
Post automatically merged:

Ew, no. I'm not a testudinophile!
Heh... that was a left over from a turtle themed rant i wanted to do, but didn't feel inspired enough for...

Damn new forum and it's darn memory...

The unions provide other services, for instance you might actually get representation when you were wrongly fired (something the union claims to do but in too many cases doesn’t because they are in bed with the company and would rather lose the employee than argue with the company)

There are other benefits unions ostensibly provide, such as legal aid, career guidance, job assistance, etc.

Unions are going to have to prove their value. I know too many people who were ignored by their unions when they filed grievances that should have been clear cut. The unions no longer act for the individual, but the point wasn’t that the individual could get attention because they were union. Now we are back to individuals receiving no attention, unions Building wat chests and having highly paid leaders and negotiators who get minuscule increases in benefits.

Not all unions, of course, some actually stay faithful to their charter.
You do know that this decision only effects government unions right? That as the system now works the union negotiates on behalf of all federal employees union or not. Which is why the federal unions were able to change agency fees to pay them back for the negotiations on behalf of people not in the union.

Like I said I wonder if from here on out we’ll have the union contract and the non-union contract.

GasBandit

Staff member
After the 15th whine of "stahhhhhp there's kihhhhhhds!" I was ready for the officer to just tase everyone to get them to STFU.

So, they took the kids away and put them up for adoption, right? Coz i keep hearing that's what you do to "criminals" now...

What was teh whole thing even about, since they only arrest the woman that disarmed that officer of his taser?

figmentPez

Staff member
What was teh whole thing even about, since they only arrest the woman that disarmed that officer of his taser?
I tried reading some of the comments, but I couldn't even figure out where this happened. Comments claimed that this took place at a church, and that there was a runaway child there, but there was much disagreement over if the child was kidnapped by a cult, or maybe the teen was running away from abusive parents. The runaway might be pregnant by the pastor's son, too. Or all the comments could have been completely full of shit.

What will happen when unions are essentially busted at a Federal and State level: no one will want to work for the government.

What will happen when unions are essentially busted at a Federal and State level: no one will want to work for the government.
That's the whole point; without good compensation, the public will be unable to retain the effective and efficient talent it needs to successfully run local services. This means the public will be poorly served and more apt to defunding these services or to vote in people looking to privatize these services to their own financial benefit in the name of "change". It's just conservatism ruining the systems that sustain civilization in the name of profits, once again.

There she goes again calling for oral violence...

When will libs learn that, in order not to be implying that you want viokent tihngs to happen to your opposition you needs to just make "jokes" about the 2nd amendment people shooting your opposition, or paying your supporters legal bills if they assault protesters instead?

What, he already told you (he "joked") he'd never admit to the deal being BS when it fails... you didn't really think he said that if there was any possibility of it not failing, did you?

Dave

Staff member
Anyone that has looked at anything Trump has ever done knows that's he is a shitty businessman and an absolutely terrible deal-broker. The fact that the right ate this up is hilarious. Of course, they are still opening wide and taking all the bullshit the administration and Fox News is feeding them.

To be honest, I've lost the narrative over the past few years here. Should Kim be negotiated with or not? Should N. Korea be invaded or not? Should we be imposing punishing sanctions or not? Should we allow missiles flying over Japan or not? Should we pressure China to deal with it and hope it works out, or not? What exactly are people saying is the best method here?

Dave

Staff member
Well, giving away the farm for empty promises is certainly not the way. Frankly, Obama's way was working as well or better than anything previously, which still really hurt the people of NK with sanctions.

But going in for deals that are not signed by all parties, followed up with by UN inspectors, and THEN implemented is a recipe for getting hosed and looking like an idiot. Which I guess is Trump's SOP.

figmentPez

Staff member
Anyone that has looked at anything Trump has ever done knows that's he is a shitty businessman and an absolutely terrible deal-broker. The fact that the right ate this up is hilarious. Of course, they are still opening wide and taking all the bullshit the administration and Fox News is feeding them.
Unfortunately, most Trumpers never bother to look up what his actual business history, and just believe conservative talk radio when they declare him to be a brilliant businessman who plays the fool in order to cut better deals.

Unfortunately, most Trumpers never bother to look up what his actual business history, and just believe conservative talk radio when they declare him to be a brilliant businessman who plays the fool in order to cut better deals.
The USFL lawsuit was his idea. And technically they won.

$3.

There's a theory I have.

Do you think, if Goodell actually sat down with Trump, and just simply asked, "Okay, what do you want?"... he might actually consider a "We give you money, now go the #### away" offer from the NFL?

There's a theory I have.

Do you think, if Goodell actually sat down with Trump, and just simply asked, "Okay, what do you want?"... he might actually consider a "We give you money, now go the #### away" offer from the NFL?
Bratva would not let him off the hook.