Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Washington County, PA is just north of me on the way to Pittsburgh. They had at least a dozen heroin overdoses this weekend alone. [emoji17]

GasBandit

Staff member
Watching this video made my blood pressure go up to dangerous levels.

Really, you ditz? You're quoting the ARTICLES of CONFEDERATION? Why don't you just throw in the Magna Carta while you're at it?

People like this is why they have to write instructions on shampoo bottles.

Really, you ditz? You're quoting the ARTICLES of CONFEDERATION? Why don't you just throw in the Magna Carta while you're at it?
I don't know what you're talking about. I always use temporary bylaws of governance that have long since been superseded by an actual constitution to legally defend myself, especially ones that don't actually say anything about the circumstance within which I'm defending myself.

YOU TREAD UPON MY LIBERTY, SIR!

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't know what you're talking about. I always use temporary bylaws of governance that have long since been superseded by an actual constitution to legally defend myself, especially ones that don't actually say anything about the circumstance within which I'm defending myself.

YOU TREAD UPON MY LIBERTY, SIR!
I did a google search for this madness and it didn't help. There are apparently people out there who think they've found some kind of magic governmental loophole which means they can take advantage of all the benefits of being a US citizen (passport, monetary assistance, drivers license, etc) while at the same time literally being subject to none of the state or federal laws. It's beyond batshit.

I did a google search for this madness and it didn't help. There are apparently people out there who think they've found some kind of magic governmental loophole which means they can take advantage of all the benefits of being a US citizen (passport, monetary assistance, drivers license, etc) while at the same time literally being subject to none of the state or federal laws. It's beyond batshit.
This website has convinced me. I mean just look at all those colours and sarcastic quotation marks around "the government." How could they be wrong!

Edit: Oops, website: http://sovereign-citizenship.net/home.html

This is a Tumblr thing, isn't it? It wasn't enough to identify yourself as a dragon. Now you identify as a free inhabitant, which apparently alleviates you from all laws?

Also, that she screams "You're raping me!" is fucking ridiculous. No, you're being handcuffed and he's doing his job. That, you complete ignoramous, is not rape.

GasBandit

Staff member
This is a Tumblr thing, isn't it? It wasn't enough to identify yourself as a dragon. Now you identify as a free inhabitant, which apparently alleviates you from all laws?

Also, that she screams "You're raping me!" is fucking ridiculous. No, you're being handcuffed and he's doing his job. That, you complete ignoramous, is not rape.
She might be using an equally antiquated definition of rape, where it actually means something closer to kidnapping.

( the rape of the Sabine women refers to the act of taking them, not what happened at the party afterwards)

If someone doesn't recognize the legal authority of a policeman, then being arrested could logically in their mind be akin to abduction.

No, on second thought, it's probably just more tumblrinaction, like you say.

Ah, you must be thinking about the "Sovereign Citizen" argument.
Yep. Bunch of people believe that your name is not "you" or some junk, end up trying to create their own money/ID/etc and get arrested for fraud.
This is a Tumblr thing, isn't it?
No, it's been around for a while. At least since 2008, since that's when someone tried to recruit me to the movement and I politely declined.

--Patrick

These the same people who think getting things notarized and such is really important? There's a few of them in Canada who made the news not that long ago IIRC. I kinda dismissed it as BS. Basically those who think that the social contract requires consent like an actual contact. Hint: it doesn't. Like most/all forms of government it stems from who has control of the guns.

Dave

Staff member
Says the guy whose avatar is him showing the world that he's a walrus-kin.

Watching this video made my blood pressure go up to dangerous levels.

People like this is why they have to write instructions on shampoo bottles.
That voice is reason enough to be arrested.

Dave

Staff member
Didn't Duggar go on and on about gay marriage ruining the sanctity of marriage?

How's that working out for him?
He was actively lobbying against same sex marriage due to its ruining traditional marriage WHILE he was cheating on his wife with a paid "guaranteed affair" account that cost $200.

Not to mention the whole child molester thing.

I was pretty against the whole Ashley Madison leak because of privacy and all that, but I can't shed too many tears that his name is being dragged through the mud even more.

Not to mention the whole child molester thing.

I was pretty against the whole Ashley Madison leak because of privacy and all that, but I can't shed too many tears that his name is being dragged through the mud even more.
I don't know how to feel... it's a gross violation of their privacy but I can't seem to shed a tear for the people hurt by this. *shrug*

After the Donald started spouting off that the 14th Amendment is unconstitutional, I found this article that posits that the ENTIRE constitution is um... unconstitutional.

Which could throw those "open carry" dick wavers for a loop when you argue that there actually is no 2nd Amendment after all. :troll:

Dave

Staff member
Karl Rove isn't running for president. But I get that the right didn't give a shit about that. Of course, the left has pulled a 180 on it.