Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

When the early morning news did their "GOP upset" segment on the Cuba story this morning, they only aired sound bites from Menendez and Rubio, both Cuban-American. Like I said, the Cuban lobby is dead set against the US having any dealings with Cuba, except on the lobby's terms.

Has anything really been gained from the embargo of the last 50 years? If Cuba had oil, you can bet your ass it would've been lifted decades ago.

When the early morning news did their "GOP upset" segment on the Cuba story this morning, they only aired sound bites from Menendez and Rubio, both Cuban-American. Like I said, the Cuban lobby is dead set against the US having any dealings with Cuba, except on the lobby's terms.

Has anything really been gained from the embargo of the last 50 years? If Cuba had oil, you can bet your ass it would've been lifted decades ago.
Have to agree with DA. What makes Cuba so especially murderous that it requires an embargo that we don't apply to other, more murderous countries? What's worse is people gobble this up. Someone said it's bad THEREFORE BAD.

I have no particular affinity for Cuba, but normalizing relations with your neighbor seems like a pretty strategically good move.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have no particular affinity for Cuba, but normalizing relations with your neighbor seems like a pretty strategically good move.
Except for the part where Obama traded 3 cuban spies, one of which was serving a life sentence for murder, for one hostage. That's the Beau Bergdahl reference. Enemy governments are being taught that they can reliably get concessions from the US by ransoming.

Except for the part where Obama traded 3 cuban spies, one of which was serving a life sentence for murder, for one hostage. That's the Beau Bergdahl reference. Enemy governments are being taught that they can reliably get concessions from the US by ransoming.
It's more like they can count on it being possible if the president is having political problems. We're still a long way from trading cash for hostages, which is what every two-bit African warlord and terrorist REALLY wants.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's more like they can count on it being possible if the president is having political problems. We're still a long way from trading cash for hostages, which is what every two-bit African warlord and terrorist REALLY wants.
We seem to be a lot closer than we were. Maybe close enough for someone to try it and see if it works.

GasBandit

Staff member
Greta goes full retard.

PS, I only learned today her face is that way due to bad plastic surgery. All these years I thought she'd had a stroke that left part of her face paralyzed.

There hasn't been a verdict on charges yet and the officer was fired. I'm confused.

And wow, the comments show why Milwaukee is the most segregated city in the country. Barf.

It's probably a response to Ferguson, and Hamilton is the excuse.

And as for the segregated city part: this just in - water is wet and the sky is blue.

GasBandit

Staff member
Not bothering to read the article, but which bathroom would be the wrong one?
The ones that you trans-identify with. If you have a weenie, you can't got in the no-weenies room, and vice versa, is the general idea.
Because this is how you enforce traditional family and gender roles - by giving students 2500 reasons go sneak surreptitious peeks at each others' "hopefully-same-sex" genitals.[DOUBLEPOST=1421700479,1421700464][/DOUBLEPOST]
The ones in KY, apparently.

--Patrick
:rimshot:

GasBandit

Staff member
Miss Universe is coming up, and Miss Israel snapped a selfie with fellow competitors Miss Japan, Miss Slovenia, and Miss Lebanon.

And Lebanon (the country, not the contestant) has COMPLETELY LOST ITS SHIT OVER IT.

The issue here is that- along with Miss Slovenia, and Miss Japan – Miss Lebanon, Saly Greige, is also in the photo. And her country is not very happy about it, since they consider Israel to be an enemy state (they are technically still at war).

According to Lebanon's The Daily Star, some citizens want her to be stripped of her crown for such an atrocity.

"You could have avoided mingling with the Israeli contestant like previous Lebanese contestants have done throughout the years. And if you were harassed like you say, you could have at least avoided the huge smile [we see] on your face," wrote one critic on Twitter.