Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

steinman, tell the truth: did you READ the article, or just the headlines? You didn't respond to anything in the article except the headline itself.

GasBandit

Staff member

The Mom's a psycho hosebeast. Invasion of privacy? Wut?

Personally, I think "shame suits" are a genius idea for discipline. They should have one suitable for every infraction. "TARDY TO CLASS." "PASSING NOTES." "TALKING DURING LECTURE." etc. Bright yellow 4x T-shirt and bright red sweat pants.

Though, when it comes to schools and dress codes, I say if you're going to enforce a dress code, you have to provide a uniform.

While I disagree with your stance on 'shame suits' as a disciplinary measure I find it hard to argue with your position that if a school wants a dress code they should provide uniforms in compliance with said dress code. So I guess what I'm saying is maybe we need a 50/50 agreement rating.

I just don't get parents nowadays. If your child breaks the dress code, it is your fault. Deal with your kid so they don't make the same mistake again.

Necronic

Staff member
If I remember right part of the problem was that the school hadn't explained the dress code to them (transfer students).[DOUBLEPOST=1410437520,1410437430][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow watched the video. That mother looks nuts. She's sporting some serious Manson Lamps.

Necronic

Staff member
That is so freaking cool. What's really neat is that you can see the major east-west roads in the Midwest as like this capillary system with little towns evenly spaced on it.

It's not a partisan issue. Hannity's guest was just a disgusting asshole. Most conservatives don't want anything to do with that shit.

Necronic

Staff member
And yet he knew what she was like and let her on the show to talk about this specific issue. A host of that significance/caliber knows exactly what he is doing with someone like that. He uses her as a mouthpiece to say things that some members of his audience would like, but could potentially alienate his more moderate listeners.

If you listen to the thing, he had the chance to shut her down and say that her comments were disgusting or inappropriate, and yet he didn't. Even after he let her make the comment he didn't contradict her. Now if someone had made a comment about how the 2nd amendment needed to be reformed (or some other partisan issue) he would have interrupted them and shut them down immediately. Because none of his audience wants to hear that.

But he knew that some of his audience DID want to hear what she had to say. So he let her talk, and he rode a middle line on a disgusting viewpoint.

ed: I want you to think about how any other host would have responded to those comments. Can you think of another mainstream talk show host who would have let those comments pass? That isn't republican?

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't think that there was enough evidence to find him guilty, but I don't understand how anyone supported him beyond that.

Very interesting! Now I wonder if this is a symptom of the widening class divides, or if it's driving the class divides.
It could also be a symptom of overall laziness. Making excuses NOT to "waste time" getting to know someone you're probably not going to like anyway.
As someone who is fascinated by what people find attractive, I found the article quite interesting.

--Patrick

Human beings, as a whole, find it a lot easier to put things into a "box" and ignore it than actually having to deal with something head on.

GasBandit

Staff member

Explanation text: "The reason the mob is going after Ukraine's Economic Development Party member Vitaly Zhuravsky is he has a history of trying to pass bills that would crack down on anti-government protests. He also sues the press for saying mean things about him.

If we did this with every corrupt politicians we would run out of dumpsters."

I'm baffled by a situation coming to a head with a Youtube channel run by a guy named Sam Pepper. On his channel he does videos of such delightful pranks as pinching women's asses and handcuffing himself to women saying he won't release her until she gives him a kiss. There are reports of victims reacting as upset.

What baffles me is how this guy hasn't gotten the shit kicked out of him yet. I don't know if, like other predators, he cases out his victims first to see if they'll be more docile or submissive, but many women I know would've beaten his ass on the spot.