Games on SALE!

I don't think RIFT is that great, it's *ok*, but there are a lot of things it suffers from. The soul system is really annoying for one thing. I hate that I have abilities in all 3 of my souls that do the exact same thing for example.

J

Jiarn

Yeah you didn't spend enough time with the Soul System then, it's amazing when you get into how diverse and deep the class combinations you can create are.

No I did, I still had 2/3 of my abilities never being used because I had the same abilities in other trees. (Or only filling out one tree and having the other two just being filler for their base ability, depending on role)

J

Jiarn

Then I don't know what game you played as I create classes (4 different roles) depending on instance, encounter, group/solo/raid and many other situations. All very VASTLY different from each other with very different abilities and soul choices.

The point I'm making is that 3 souls at a time is basically wasted data. You are either overlapping ablities repeatedly if you are trying to use all 3, or flat out ignoring the one that isn't your "main" tree.

J

Jiarn

And the point I'm making is that it's not wasted. How exactly is it wasted to put points into a pet soul (having a powerful tank/dps pet), put points into a nuking class (for the majority of my dps) and then points into a support class (Boosting both the dps of my pet and my own, while giving the group extra damage)

Yeah that's totally the worse than putting it all in the same tree.

I hated a lot of things about Rift too, but I'm going to leave it at that unless someone starts a thread about it. I don't imagine people are clicking on this to find out who Jiarn thinks is an idiot today.

figmentPez

Staff member
Today's Steam Deals:
Empire & Napoleon Total War GOTY $10.19
Mafia series 75%-off
Universe Sandbox $4.99
Mass Effect pack $19.99
Amnesia The Dark Descent $4.99
Dirt 3 $33.49
The Last Remnant $9.99
Red Faction Armageddon $33.49
Splinter Cell complete pack $16.68 (ooh, scary DRM on on of them)
Fallout 3 GOTY $10.19
Worms Reloaded $4.99
Divinity II The Dragon Knight Saga $19.99

Todays' D2D deals:
Hearts of Iron III $4.95
Magicka $6.69

Todays's one-day from GOG.com
Sanitarium $3.99

Dave

Staff member
I bought Risen last night. So tonight is either Risen or TF2 time. This thread is killing me!

C

Chibibar

but but.. all that sales!! (I did buy the Rift collection edition since I was interested but couldn't afford the full price heh not sure when I'm gonna try it out)

C

Chibibar

Wow. A bunch of nice sales today.

Terraria 2.49
NWN 2 collection 6.79
Duke Nuken 24.99 (man I should have waited)
Portal 2 24.99
Hitman 2.49
Prince of Persia 4.99
F1 racing 10.19
Sam and Max 8.74
PAM 2.49

figmentPez

Staff member
Thanks Chibi, but you missed:
Dead Space 2 $14.99
Sam & Max Complete Pack $12.49
Prince of Persia Complete Pack $14.99
X Superbox $9.99
Supreme Commander 2 $3.74
Hitman Collection $7.48
Portal 2 - The Final Hours (behinds the scenes) $0.99

Today's D2D deals:
Hunted: The Demon's Forgge $37.45
Empire Earth II: Gold Edition $3.95
Morrowind GOTY $11.95
Machinarium $3.40

Today's GOG.com deal:
Earth 2150 Trilogy $3.99
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/earth_2150_trilogy

Hitman: Blood Money's quite good, I'd recommend it, especially at that price.

Also, both Dead Space games for 20 bucks also sounds like a great deal.

Portal 2 at half price is definitely tempting, but I think I'm going to hold out for the inevitable Christmas sale, as it might drop even lower then.

I guess the Terraria wasn't supposed to be that cheap, because the prices on Steam have doubled from what they were before. Should have jumped on it. :(

Dave

Staff member
I guess the Terraria wasn't supposed to be that cheap, because the prices on Steam have doubled from what they were before. Should have jumped on it. :(
Yeah, I went to buy it to give them out like candy to the lucky few....and it was changed.

Finally picked up Portal2, dead space2 and Duke for funsies. I couldn't justify buying Duke full price just out of nostalgia, but 25 bucks seems reasonable enough. Now if Black Ops would actually become a deal rather then slightly less ridiculously priced...

figmentPez

Staff member
Last Day of the Steam Summer Camp Sale
Borderlands GOTY $7.50
Portal 2 $24.99
Terarria $4.99
Two Worlds II $17.00
GTA Episodes from Liberty City $9.99
Just Cause 2 $4.99
Dawn of War II Retribution $14.99
Assassin's Creed series 50%-off
Fable III $24.99
Fallout: New Vegas $14.99
Total War Shogun 2 $29.99
Sanctum $3.75
The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings $33.49
Magicka $3.39 (Complete Pack $8.49)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Pack $9.99

ARGH! No Titan Quest for a daily deal. Now I have to decide if I want to get it at a much smaller discount, or take a chance that it'll be a solo one-day sometime soon.

Today's D2D deals:
Civilization V $19.95
Civilization III Complete $3.95
Civilization IV (Mac) $7.95
Medieval 2: Total War $5.95

Today's GOG.com one-day:
Knights & Merchants $2.39

C

Chibibar

Figs: you must have miss Titan quest deal a while back. I got them all pretty cheap.

figmentPez

Staff member
Figs: you must have miss Titan quest deal a while back. I got them all pretty cheap.
It's been $5 every single major Steam sale for the last 2+ years. I just passed on it up until now because I had it via Gametap. I didn't figure I'd want to replay it again and again, but now that I've dropped my Gametap subscription I feel like playing it. I think I'm going to wait for it to drop below $10 again. I still have a lot of games in my backlog to play, even if I'm not sure I feel like starting something new.

C

Chibibar

It's been $5 every single major Steam sale for the last 2+ years. I just passed on it up until now because I had it via Gametap. I didn't figure I'd want to replay it again and again, but now that I've dropped my Gametap subscription I feel like playing it. I think I'm going to wait for it to drop below $10 again. I still have a lot of games in my backlog to play, even if I'm not sure I feel like starting something new.
Ah. Except when you want it :)

I know how to feel man.

figmentPez

Staff member
Today's D2D deals:
Dragon Age II $35.95
Dragon Age II (Mac) $35.95
Command and Conquer 4 $7.95
Two Worlds II $19.95

Today's GOG.com deal:
Unreal Gold $3.99

GamersGate has a one-day on Assassin's Creed II (PC or Mac) for $4.99 - blah, blah bad DRM (might be toned down now) blah.