Games on SALE!

It's only one of the best AFTER you apply the patches. Without them it's nigh unplayable and it's missing a few items and weapons.
That's funny. I played the game at release and HATED IT SO VERY MUCH. After that I just forgot about it/ignored it. Now I'm wondering if the patch would make all the difference. Perhaps I should give it another try.

That's funny. I played the game at release and HATED IT SO VERY MUCH. After that I just forgot about it/ignored it. Now I'm wondering if the patch would make all the difference. Perhaps I should give it another try.
It fixes a lot of the bugs that slowed and messed up the game, like the calculation problems, AI errors, and graphical glitches. It also really makes combat a lot better and more bearable. Just from my memory...

- The .38 seems more accurate, making it actually useful in the early game.
- The Mac-10 has had it's recoil significantly reduced and it's damage increased, making it a useful upgrade.
- Mercurio finally sells the Police Sniper Rifle, meaning you finally have a long range weapon before the AUG and without asking for the unscoped rifle from the guy in the graveyard. He talked about it before, but didn't sell it in the unmodded game.
- They fixed the Mercurio dialog about the Flamethrower. It no longer references grenades, which were removed from the game early on (though you can see their model in a cut scene). Now it's more apparent what he'll sell you later on.
- Hunters drop Torches now, so you can finally get one without the console. I think they do aggravated damage now too. You still have to have low Masquerade points to get them to show up though.
- I think you can get the crossbow from Hunters as well. The only person who used it before was the Hunter girl in Chinatown, meaning you had to murder her if you wanted it (and even then she didn't always have it). It's not very good but hey, it's there.

Indeed, post-patch... one of the best games I've played. Replayability is off the charts too. I've finished the game at least 4 times playing different "races" of vampires and making different choices. Playing a malkanian was by far the most entertaining of them all.

C

Chibibar

Update to the Humble Indie Bundle #3. Anyone who buys the bundle will get a code for a limited trial of Minecraft, which allows play until August 14th.

Uh, yea?

Also, Steam's weekend sale is Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines $4.99
Oh Fiddlesticks!! I have been waiting for this game to be on sale forever and end up buying it AGAIN full price :(

ah well. It is still a cool game. I need to get the unofficial patch.

Dave

Staff member
Indeed, post-patch... one of the best games I've played. Replayability is off the charts too. I've finished the game at least 4 times playing different "races" of vampires and making different choices. Playing a malkanian was by far the most entertaining of them all.
I'm playing a Batshit Malkanian. I went right for the crazy.

I'll check out that patch when I get home. I added the "unofficial" patch and I think this is the same file. Hell, without it you can't even run the game from Steam.

C

Chibibar

I'm playing a Batshit Malkanian. I went right for the crazy.

I'll check out that patch when I get home. I added the "unofficial" patch and I think this is the same file. Hell, without it you can't even run the game from Steam.
Weird. I had no issue playing on steam. I am going to get the unofficial patch since it fixes a lot of stuff patch 1.2 didn't do.

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam one-day: Capsized $3.39

GOG.com weekend sale on Topware Interactive games All are $2.99 each, except Two Worlds which is $4.99
Dream Pinball 3D
Earth 2140 Trilogy
Earth 2150 Trilogy
Earth 2160
Enclave
Gorky 17
Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure (DC)
Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire
Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator
Two Worlds $4.99

One-days from D2D
Alpha Protocol $4.95
Just Cause $3.75
Just Cause 2 $4.95
STALKER: Clear Sky $4.95
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl $4.95
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut $4.95

GamersGate one-day Magicka Collection $8.73

figmentPez

Staff member
I almost forgot to post today. Sorry, I've been terribly distracted.

Steam is having a free weekend for Dino D-Day which is also on sale for $4.99
One-day: Ride! Carnival Tycoon $3.40

One-days from D2D
Broken Sword - The Sleeping Dragon $1.50
Silent Hill Homecoming $12.50
Supreme Commander $3.75
Supreme Commander Gold $4.95
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent $2.50
X-Com Complete Bundle $3.75
DogFighter $2.75

GamersGate one-day: Europa Universalis Complete Pack $13.71

Limbo is absolutely amazing. I nabbed it on PSN recently. Personally, I think it's worth the $10, but if you've got other games to play these days, you might as well wait.

O

Overflight

Anomaly: Warzone Earth is pretty good too. It's kinda hard to describe so be sure to check out the demo first. The best way I could describe it would be "Anti-Tower Defense"

figmentPez

Staff member
The Humble Indie Bundle #3 now contains the games from #2 as well (Briad, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans). If you've already purchased, they're now added. If you want to get those games now, you'll need to beat the current average ($4.80 as a type this) to get the HIB#2 included.

figmentPez

Staff member
Steam one-day: 75%-off the King's Bounty Series
There's also the QUAKECON 2011 Steam Sale
one-day DOOM & QUAKE Complete Pack $29.99
one-day? QUAKECON Pack (all released id and Bethesda games) $69.99 but becomes cheaper if you pre-order RAGE or Skyrim
Also, Brink is having a free weekend, and is on sale for $24.99
Finally, there is a special battle pack on sale this weekend for Spiral Knights.

Impulse's weekend sale is up, and once again I'm underwhelmed. Deals on Aveyond, The Guild 2, Two Worlds II and more.

GamersGate one-day Winter Voices Complete (PC) or (Mac) $9.50