Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
Today's one-day from steam is odd. Peggle Deluxe $6.69. Not only was the game on sale for cheaper just three days ago, but the count-down timer says there are ~264 hours left for the sale. That's 11 days. I'm guessing that tomorrow, July 1, a 10-day Steam sale is going to begin, and that it's going to have some sort of new twist that caused Valve to unexpectedly delay it. I could be wrong, though.

--

GamersGate has a one-day on Civilization IV Complete Edition $6.24

Impulse is having an Independence Day sale including a lot of casual titles, the Battlefield series and more.

I would list every game and price, but the sale is ridiculously large. It's safe to say that if there is a game you want, and it is available on Steam, it is on sale. It may not be as much off as others, but it will have some sale.

Also, there's a thing where you get special achievements in select games, which give you "tickets" (like at a carnival or Chuck E Cheese). Those tickets are redeemable for prizes such as maps, in game items, etc. for various games. For example, you can win a pair of sunglasses to wear in TF2.

And 100 people per day are chosen at random to win 10 games on their wishlist. Every ticket you win enters your name one time, and you can enter as many times as there are tickets.

figmentPez

Staff member
I would list every game and price, but the sale is ridiculously large. It's safe to say that if there is a game you want, and it is available on Steam, it is on sale. It may not be as much off as others, but it will have some sale.
Keep in mind there are daily deals as well. If there's a game you want, wait to see if it's a daily, and then buy it at the end of the sale if you don't see it on extra-special.

I'm a little busy at the moment, I'll post a list of today's deals if I get a chance later.

C

Chibibar

Keep in mind there are daily deals as well. If there's a game you want, wait to see if it's a daily, and then buy it at the end of the sale if you don't see it on extra-special.
That is what I do. There are some games "I would like" to have, but don't need. I am so back log, if I ever won the lotto, I can play games for YEARS with the backlog of steam games I have (over 200)

C

Chibibar

Back to the Future is something that had been on my list for a while. 50% off! :D
Might get Oblivion too for 66% off. Never got it.
I just bought it BttF :)
Oblivion pack for 6.80$ is a hard price to pass up (I already got it a while back)

I'm a little busy at the moment, I'll post a list of today's deals if I get a chance later.
Hell, I'm not doing anything today. Here ya go:

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War II: Retribution - $14.99 (50% off)
Lead and Gold - $1.50 (80% off)
Medal of Honor - $10.19 (66% off)
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale - $5 (75% off)
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - $6.80 (66% off)
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $10 (50% off)
Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition - $13.59 (66% off)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - $33.49 (33% off)
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition - $7.50 (75% off)
Operation FlashPoint: Red River - $29.24 (35% off)
Bit.Trip Runner - $2.50 (75% off)
Back to the Future: The Game - $12.49 (50% off)

figmentPez

Staff member
I think the best deal is probably the complete THQ pack. Instead paying close to $300, it's around $60.
I would have bought it last sale if Darksiders had been part of it back then. Now, I already have most of the games I want to play (Metro 2033, Red Faction Guerrilla, Darksiders, etc.) and I'll just wait for the inevitable one-day on Titan Quest Gold for $5.

Been playing Oblivion again in preparation for Skyrim, but I only had vanilla. Snagged GoTY edition. Really tempted to grab the complete Valve pack (if only for Portal 2 and a dozen other games I'll never have time to play).

Oh man, I might get oblivion. I've been wanting to play a good RPG.

I'm torn on getting Dawn of War II though. I've just now been getting into starcraft so I feel like I'm already getting my sci-fi fix.

Oblivion's mine.

Valve Pack is tempting, though I either already have a lot of the games in it (HL2 series, L4D2, TF2 etc) or I don't want to play the games (CS series etc).

Might just get Portal 2 by itself.

C

Chibibar

I got most of the Valve game already. The only thing I bought yesterday is BttF!

figmentPez

Staff member
I've really enjoyed BttF, but there's not a lot of game to it. The story is fun, the voice acting is great and it feels a lot like the movies (to me, at least) but as an adventure game goes, it's almost stupid easy. I've turned hints completely off, and characters still tell what to do next in some pretty ham-handed lines of dialog. The few puzzles that did give me trouble, were mostly because the over simplified interface actually makes it more difficult to figure out what any given click will accomplish.

Through the Steam sale I discovered I could buy Myst and Riven on Steam, so I picked those up for nostalgia's sake.

figmentPez

Staff member
Direct2Drive is doing sales every day in July as well, though their page isn't set up very well and it's not clear if some of these are daily sales or week-long. I'm also not sure if there are more games than just those listed. Anyway:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.95
Bioshock $7.95
Bioshock 2 $7.95
The Witcher 2 $37.45
World in Conflict Gold Edition $9.95
Call of Duty: Black Ops $40.15

Steam's daily deals:
Total War Shogun 2 $29.99
Dungeons $13.59
Railworks 2 Train Simulator $8.74
Hamilton's Great Adventure $4.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops $37.19
Devil May Cry 4 $9.99
Braid $2.49
Heroes of Might and Magic V Bundle $4.99
Grand Theft Auto Classics $7.49
Just Cause 2 $4.99
SpaceChem $5.09
Star Wars: KOTOR $2.49

I'm only seeing one achievement today, is that a glitch on my end? EDIT: Yes, yes it was. The full list is up, and doesn't include the one I saw (Headshot 7 enemies in a row without dying in Counter Strike Source)

C

Chibibar

No better day to buy KOTOR.
true. I bought it when it came out originally. I lost the disc (shame on me) bought it again on Steam when it was on sale, but never this low.
Still awesome game. I am hoping KOTOR II comes to steam

I've never played and my wife hasn't either. We each just got it for our computers. I played the opening to test if it'd work on these crummy laptops and it does. Awesome.

figmentPez

Staff member
Today's Steam deals:
Battlefield Bad Company 2 $5.00
Hoard $2.99
Super Meat Boy $7.49
Darksiders $4.99
Resident Evil 5 $14.99
Half Life 2: Ep 2 $1.99
Bioshock 2 $4.99
Plants vs Zombies GOTY $3.39
Football Manager 2011 $9.99
Aliens vs Predator $4.99
Magicka $3.39
Fable III $24.99

If I didn't already have Darksiders, I'd be picking that one up. $5 is a great price for a decent Zelda-clone. The script is cheesy, and the character design apes 90s Image comics too much, but the voice acting is pretty good and the graphics are shiny. I had a lot of fun playing it, despite myself.

Today's D2D deals:
Warkhammer 40k: Dawn of War Complete Bundle $19.95
Borderlands $7.95
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY $11.95
Star Wars: KOTOR $3.95
Unreal Tournament 3 $7.95
Borderlands GOTY (Mac) $27.95

Not much to draw anyone away from Steam's sales.

The Magicka Complete Pack is also on sale today, which includes all the DLC along with the original for $8.49.

J

Jiarn

Picked up Magicka for the wife and I, hoping that Terraria goes on sale this week too.

I'm hoping that Daggerdale goes on sale, even though it's not that much to begin with, just so I have an excuse to get it. :p

J

Jiarn

I liked both. Slightly different but not enough to deter from my enjoyment. I wouldn't have paid more than $15 for the second one but that's not the issue here.