Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
Sorry about no update yesterday, I was away from my computer all day and didn't think to plan ahead.

Steam's Mid-week Madness: Grid $4.99
One-day: Brainpipe $3.40

GOG.com one-day: Ground Control $2.39

One-days from D2D
Splinter Cell Conviction $12.50 (blah blah, DRM, blah)
Test Drive Unlimited $7.95
Test Drive Unlimited 2 $7.95
Smugglers IV: Doomsday $14.95

A steam code for Shattered Horizons came with my new computer, but I haven't installed or played it yet. I'll see about doing that and giving my thoughts on it.

UPDATE:

Eh... played it for 5 minutes, it doesn't really seem like my cup of tea. It got boring for me pretty quick.

figmentPez

Staff member
Suddenly:
Humble Indie Bundle #3!

You should know the drill by now. Great indie games for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux (DRM free, but also redeemable on Steam and Desura). Pay what you want. A portion of the proceeds goes to charity (Childs Play and the EFF).

The lineup:
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Cogs
VVVVVV
Hammerfight
And Yet It Moves

Probably more surprises to come. I've only played Cogs myself, but that's a fun puzzler, and several of the others have won great critical acclaim. The HIB continues to be one of the best values in gaming! If you have even a passing interest in one of the games in the bundle, snap it up. I've discovered some great games, like Aquaria, that weren't the reason behind my purchase.

O

Overflight

Damn it, I own ALL of those games except Hammerflight. My opinions on them:

Cogs: Pretty fun time waster.
And Yet It Moves: Interesting.
Crayon Physics Deluxe: Pretty fun.
VVVVVV: Awesome yet short.

So yeah. Well worth your money.

figmentPez

Staff member
$20 is well above the previous average, even the average for Mac/Linux users. I haven't decided what I'm going to pay this time, but I'm thinking $10 - 15. Also, you can buy in now, and then up your donation later (at any point, even after the bundle deal closes.)

My schedule isn't going to let me get all the daily deals posted until this evening. If someone else wants to do so before then, that'd be great.

I just want to add that I'm fucking hooked on this game and wish I'd gotten it sooner. It's one of the few games where I actually want to go around collecting all the secret things in between beating up bad guys. Also, beating up bad guys as Batman is hella fun. Can't wait for the sequel.