Games on SALE!

Me: Man, I sure have gotten a lot of great games through Humble. I bet I've gotten hundreds of dollars worth of games for maybe $60.

Also me: I should really convince my wife I need a $1500 gaming laptop. No sense in all these games going to waste.

Yeah, when is Humble Bundle going to sell a gaming PC kit as a name your price bundle? Get the motherboard with onboard video, processor, and ram for any donation, a case, hard drive, and windows license at $5, power supply, RGB keyboard, and mouse at $10, and a nice video card for the stretch $15 donation.

Seems like a solid business plan to me.

figmentPez

Staff member
Yeah, when is Humble Bundle going to sell a gaming PC kit as a name your price bundle? Get the motherboard with onboard video, processor, and ram for any donation, a case, hard drive, and windows license at $5, power supply, RGB keyboard, and mouse at $10, and a nice video card for the stretch $15 donation.

Seems like a solid business plan to me.
The price will shoot up really fast, that lowest "any price" isn't worth enough to get any takers. Onboard video sucks, and everyone knows you can just download RAM if you need it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Depth is having a free weekend, and is 75% off.

Did you ever play Evolve, but think, "man, I wish this was underwater."

WELP

GasBandit

Staff member
Stardock's having a big sale on steam this weekend.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/stardock

I like pretty much everything they ever made. I loved Demigod, Sins of a Solar Empire (though I liked Trinity better than Rebellion), and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes. Now that it's on sale, I'll finally pick up Offworld Trading Company.

This is pretty much the literal opposite of a sale, but Subnautica's price on Steam is going to go up in a couple of days, on September 29 (from $19.99 to $24.99) in anticipation of the v1.0 release, which is expected to be at the end of October. So if you'd like to take advantage of the lower pre-release price, you have 24 to 48 hours to do so. Alternatively, you can wait for a future Steam sale too, if you're not in a hurry to play it. Or you could pay full price; to be honest I think I've gotten more than 25 bucks of entertainment out of this game so far since I've bought it, but then again I tend to find a game I like and then play it non-stop for hundreds of hours.

Humble Bundle: Stardock Edition

Contains...

- Sorcerer King: Rivals
- The Political Machine 2016
- The Corporate Machine
- Fallen Enchantress (@GasBandit approved!)

Beat the Average for...

- Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion
- Galactic Civilizations® III
- Fallen Enchantress Ultimate Edition (Includes all DLC)

Pay $15 for...

- Offworld Trading Company (Also @GasBandit approved!)
- Galactic Civilizations III: Crusade Expansion Pack
- Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation

Not a bad deal for the strategy fans out there.

GasBandit

Staff member
Humble Bundle's Endless RPG Lands Bundle seems pretty good. I might get at least the first tier for Borderlands and finally see what all the hullaballo is about.
As a fan of the borderlands series, I will assert that BL and BL2 are only really worth it if you have someone to play through it with you in multiplayer. They're a GRAND co-op shooter experience, but a bland single player experience, IMO.

As a fan of the borderlands series, I will assert that BL and BL2 are only really worth it if you have someone to play through it with you in multiplayer. They're a GRAND co-op shooter experience, but a bland single player experience, IMO.
Sadly, I don't really have anyone to join me on that experience. Or, say, finally playing Portal 2 co-op.

So, maybe not, then.

Dave

Staff member
Hell yeah, dude. The day I can't spare $10 for a friend is the day my wife knows how much money is in the bank. Or something like that.

I felt like if I was going to play Borderlands, I might as well play WoW instead. You know, back when I still played WoW. It had the same quest hubby feel.

GasBandit

Staff member
I felt like if I was going to play Borderlands, I might as well play WoW instead. You know, back when I still played WoW. It had the same quest hubby feel.
Not enough guns.[DOUBLEPOST=1507675184,1507675137][/DOUBLEPOST]
You thought that so strongly that you apparently felt it was necessary to GIFT ME THIS BUNDLE.

DAMN YOUR GENEROSITY, YOU BEAUTIFUL OLD MAN.
I apparently have nothing to do tonight and tomorrow night, so if you want, I can help get ya started.

I'd jump in on this but I won't get home from work until 1:30am Eastern or so tonight, should be free tomorrow night though.

Dave

Staff member
I just realized that I don't have Borderlands. I have 2 and the Pre-Sequel, but not the first one. So I bought it. :)

GasBandit

Staff member
I will say, 2 was better than 1 (it made a lot of quality of life improvements) but I still think it is important to play 1 first for plot reasons.

Specifically so you get attached to Roland as much as possible

Only series the girlfriend and I have played through together and she generally dislikes shooters.