Games on SALE!

GasBandit

Staff member
Only if it's L4D2.
...oh hey, looks like L4D was included. Huh.

--Patrick
We only really ever play 2 anyway, as all the content from 1 got ported over into 2, and 1 didn't have melee weapons (and was also easier in co-op mode - Normal on 1 is Easy on 2).

I have no money to spend on Steam.

Or anything else, really. Summer work schedule sucks, especially with my Dad's prostate cancer treatments adding to the medical bills pile.

Last edited:
Got Sunless Sea, the games I was missing from Spiderweb Software, the second and third Shadowrun games, and The Bunker (I have a weakness for $5 games about people eating cold canned beans while shitting).

Time's almost up on the Humble Bundle monthly bundle. I'm still tempted to try this thing out, but I don't think Dark Souls II is the game to try it out on. Especially since I only played a bit of the first one and didn't have the patience to "git gud." But looking at previous months, some good indie games might come out of this.

Maybe I'll wait until next month and see what the next featured AAA game is.

fade

Staff member
I hear ya. I only got one thing - Just Cause 3, which I suppose I'll get around to eventually, some day...
I wanted to play this after all the stuff I saw around the web, but then Steam has it at "Mixed", with a lot of people saying it's one of those games that is fun at first, but quickly gets boring.

GasBandit

Staff member
I wanted to play this after all the stuff I saw around the web, but then Steam has it at "Mixed", with a lot of people saying it's one of those games that is fun at first, but quickly gets boring.
Yeah, I hmmed and hawwed about it for the same reason for a while, but the price was in my acceptable range, and I knew I was gonna try it for myself eventually, so I went ahead and got it. But I go in with lower expectations than I had coming out of JC2, which was non stop fungasm.

Then come Friday, they shall all be mine.

I feel like that should be followed by maniacal laughter, but that seems like a lot of work right now.

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Telltale Bundle

$1 or more for:
Sam and Max Season 1 & 2
Puzzle Agent 1 & 2
Bone episode 1 &2
Hector: Badge of Carnage
Telltale Texas Hold'em
Poker Night at the Inventory
Walking Dead Season 1

Beat the average:
The Walking Dead: Michonne
Tales from the Borderlands
Walking Dead Season 2
Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series

$15 or more for:
Batman - The Telltale Series
Minecraft: Story Mode
Minecraft: Story Mode Adventure Pass

Jeez, that's some quality stuff just for the $1 tier. While they're not the best adventure games, the Sam & Max Telltale games are a lot of fun and get better along the way. Ditto for the Hector games. I've heard Poker Night is fun.

I might get the $15 tier just for Batman, but gift Minecraft to a friend whose son loves Minecraft.

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Saints Row Bundle

Normally, I'd list the games, but I can't recommend this bundle.

Here's why:

1. Mighty No. 9

2. It's not worth it to get SR3 without the Full Package version, so the "beat the average" tier is just awful, value wise.

3. Saints Row 4 is horribly buggy right now. Recent patches caused a lot of crashes for people (including me), crashes and disconnects are even more common in multiplayer, controller support is all kinds of broken (due to poorly implemented "native" Steam controller "support"), and chances are there won't be a patch until well after Agents of Mayhem gets released and patched.

I might pay $1 just for Deadlight. I heard that was pretty good.

Also, I'm debating with myself whether not jumping on the Capcom bundle was a mistake. But then, the only ones I was interested in were the Resident Evil remake, Dead Rising 3, and maybe DMZ and Strider. Just wasn't worth it, I don't think.

I might pay $1 just for Deadlight. I heard that was pretty good.

Also, I'm debating with myself whether not jumping on the Capcom bundle was a mistake. But then, the only ones I was interested in were the Resident Evil remake, Dead Rising 3, and maybe DMZ and Strider. Just wasn't worth it, I don't think.
Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off The Record are both worth playing, though I'd probably tell you to only pick one. Ether the standard version if you want the "real" story or Off The Record if you want FRANK'S LIES.

Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Off The Record are both worth playing, though I'd probably tell you to only pick one. Ether the standard version if you want the "real" story or Off The Record if you want FRANK'S LIES.
I already own them. :p Much like the Telltale Bundle, I would've been giving away almost as much. Like Resident Evil 6, which I'd have no interest in. Ah well, it's all just empty speculation now since the bundle expired.[DOUBLEPOST=1501019414,1501019264][/DOUBLEPOST]Speaking of the Telltale Bundle, looks like they added more games:

-Jurassic Park (I heard this sucked big time)
-The Wolf Among Us (heard this was really good)
-Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (a LOT of fun)
-Poker Night 2
-Walking Dead 400 Days

The Wolf Among Us is great. I'm not sure how much Fables one needs to know. I'd read the first four volumes, so I had a basic understanding of the world and really enjoyed the game.

I played the first few minutes of the Wolf Among Us when the first chapter was was released for free on the Google Play Store. I quite liked it, but then my feels then took a hit and I dropped it and never picked it up again.

So, basically, get ready for impacts to your feels.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Crystal Dynamics has a deal with Tiltify: 25 Anniversary Campaign benefits gamechangercharity.org

Pay $1 for (comes as a single Steam key):
- Legacy of Kain: Defiance
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
- Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain
- Project Snowblind
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
- Pandemonium

Pay $15 for (comes as a single Steam key):
- Tomb Raider (2013)
- Tomb Raider: Underworld
- Tomb Raider: Anniversary
- Tomb Raider: Legend
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Pay $25 for all of the above. Not sure if you can get both for $16 if you do two transactions.

I already own them. :p Much like the Telltale Bundle, I would've been giving away almost as much. Like Resident Evil 6, which I'd have no interest in. Ah well, it's all just empty speculation now since the bundle expired.[DOUBLEPOST=1501019414,1501019264][/DOUBLEPOST]Speaking of the Telltale Bundle, looks like they added more games:

-Jurassic Park (I heard this sucked big time)
-The Wolf Among Us (heard this was really good)
-Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (a LOT of fun)
-Poker Night 2
-Walking Dead 400 Days
Dammit, I don't have time to play all of these, but I want them, so I buy them. The big irony is that eventually, I'm going to have to buy a real computer for gaming (obviously not for these though).[DOUBLEPOST=1501517994][/DOUBLEPOST]Also: they really need a shortcut version of the whole Steam code redeeming process. I'm lazy and don't want to cut and paste all of that.